PDA

View Full Version : Three years in WWE is a life time.

IrkenInvader
11-18-2010, 02:52 PM
In 2007 the Main Eventers were Edge, Randy Orton, Batista, Undertaker, Triple H, Jeff Hardy, John Cena, Chris Jericho and HBK.
In 2010 its Edge, Orton, Taker, Triple H, Batista, HBK, Cena, Jericho, Wade Barret, Sheamus, and Jack Swagger.

In 2007 the tag teams were the Hardys, Rated RKO, Cade and Murdoch, Haas and Benjamin, MNM, Miz and Morrison, DX, HBK and Cena, Regal and Dave Taylor, Deuce and Domino, Kendrick and London and Cryme Tyme. (Probably forgot one or two)
In 2010 its Cryme Tyme, Hart Dynasty, Rhodes and McIntyre, Dudebusters, Nexus, and the Usos.

In 2007 the Divas were Mickie James, Victoria, Beth Pheonix, Maria, Torrie Wilson, Melina, Kelly Kelly, Ariel, Layla, and Jillian Hall.
In 2010 Melina, Beth, Natalya, Maryse, Gail, fuck it this division doesn't matter anymore.

In 2007 if you were to tell me Miz would be more over than Morrison in 2010, I would have laughed my ass off.

Silverdust
11-18-2010, 02:56 PM
Have you lost hope for Morrison?

IrkenInvader
11-18-2010, 02:57 PM

Not by a longshot.

Bodom
11-18-2010, 02:59 PM

The man still has all the potential in the world. He just hasn't harnessed it yet

IrkenInvader
11-18-2010, 03:17 PM
The man still has all the potential in the world. He just hasn't harnessed it yet

I agree 100%, This dude has the wrestling skills, the looks, but not the mic skills yet. If he gets that down: instant main event material.

JagerDave
11-18-2010, 04:23 PM
These lists aren't current for 2010, the main event roster hasn't seen Jericho or Triple H for some time. If you meant for the year of 2010 you left off a major name in HBK and Batista was here for a while as well. Also with Kane being the World Champion he should probably be added as well. Sorry to be "that guy", as you have valid points, but some inaccuracies.

I keep hearing WWE is in a "transition phase", which translates to me the performers aren't given the freedom to elevate their game to break out of their shell and become main event material.

Scottland
11-18-2010, 04:28 PM
I keep hearing WWE is in a "transition phase", which translates to me the performers aren't given the freedom to elevate their game to break out of their shell and become main event material.

WWE is in a serious "transition mode" because it's trying to create new stars like Barrett, Sheamus, Del Rio & so forth to create new rivalries with the veteran stars like Orton, Cena, Taker, HHH & so forth. Many WWE officials have gone on record saying this is the weakest roster WWE has had in years. It's true though as talent is becoming harder & harder to find.

IrkenInvader
11-18-2010, 04:35 PM
These lists aren't current for 2010, the main event roster hasn't seen Jericho or Triple H for some time. If you meant for the year of 2010 you left off a major name in HBK and Batista was here for a while as well. Also with Kane being the World Champion he should probably be added as well. Sorry to be "that guy", as you have valid points, but some inaccuracies.

I meant for the entire year of 2010, and I put Batista and HBK in there. It was the second time I had to type that up because my copmuter froze.

JagerDave
11-18-2010, 04:36 PM
I remember some years ago when they had performers come in they didn't give enough freedom to that floundered under Ringemaster gimmicks and put in teal outfits and pushed as The High Chief's Grandson. One day they said be yourself with the volume turned up and the biggest stars the business has ever seen were born. Albeit that was a different time when they could push the envelope to higher degrees, but I still believe this formula could be successful today if they just allow the guys to break away from pre-programmed interviews let the emotions cut loose a bit.

JagerDave
11-18-2010, 04:38 PM
I meant for the entire year of 2010, and I put Batista and HBK in there. It was the second time I had to type that up because my copmuter froze.

Oh ok, I didn't see HBK or Batista for 2010, my apologies.

IrkenInvader
11-18-2010, 04:40 PM
I remember some years ago when they had performers come in they didn't give enough freedom to that floundered under Ringemaster gimmicks and put in teal outfits and pushed as The High Chief's Grandson. One day they said be yourself with the volume turned up and the biggest stars the business has ever seen were born. Albeit that was a different time when they could push the envelope to higher degrees, but I still believe this formula could be successful today if they just allow the guys to break away from pre-programmed interviews let the emotions cut loose a bit.

TNA is trying this with Reaction. I personally don't think its working because most of them have crappy mic skills.

JagerDave
11-18-2010, 04:46 PM
They do, but the only way for them to improve to is to keep going at it. Reaction is a great way to do it, keep it off the main show but televised at the same time. It's gut wrenching at times to watch because I agree 100%, most of them are horrible mic workers. If AJ Styles was a fraction of the mic worker as he is ring worker WWE wouldn't stop until they had him signed.

Bodom
11-18-2010, 05:07 PM
TNA is trying this with Reaction. I personally don't think its working because most of them have crappy mic skills.

Reaction is a good concept, but they need to quit having the main event in reaction so damn much.

Having it run over every now and then is fine.

IrkenInvader
11-18-2010, 05:11 PM
Reaction is a good concept, but they need to quit having the main event in reaction so damn much.

Having it run over every now and then is fine.

They are just trying to force people to watch it. That doesn't work. I just stop watching the match when reaction starts.

Bodom
11-18-2010, 05:14 PM
They are just trying to force people to watch it. That doesn't work. I just stop watching the match when reaction starts.

Forcing people to watch is how you get a new show ratings. Now you also need a Main Event that people are going to care about.

IrkenInvader
11-18-2010, 05:15 PM
Forcing people to watch is how you get a new show ratings. Now you also need a Main Event that people are going to care about.

Thats half the reason why I stop watching.

CobraNightviper
11-18-2010, 05:26 PM
Iv'e never even watched a whole episode of reaction that is the show after impact right?

CMhuw24
11-18-2010, 05:30 PM
You forgot Santino and Kozlov in the 2010 Tag Teams ;)

IrkenInvader
11-18-2010, 05:31 PM
You forgot Santino and Kozlov in the 2010 Tag Teams ;)

Do I have to put them in there? I really don't want to.

CMhuw24
11-18-2010, 05:35 PM
Well they are no.1 contenders.
Even if they are for comic relief i beleive they've won more matches than the Uso's have this year...

IrkenInvader
11-18-2010, 05:39 PM
Its a dead division, do you really think I care who the #1 contenders are?

Hesterica
11-18-2010, 05:40 PM
Well they are no.1 contenders.
Even if they are for comic relief i beleive they've won more matches than the Uso's have this year...

That is true...and hey, they are entertaining.

SilverCena
11-18-2010, 05:43 PM
That is true...and hey, they are entertaining.

That damn Cobra finisher is the hottest thing in WWE tag teams today, now that's sad! Boiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!

CMhuw24
11-18-2010, 05:45 PM
Id rather watch them than another random two superstars put together.
At least these two have some background on how they came together.

arsenhole
11-18-2010, 05:59 PM
no they have'nt harnessed it yet

Silverdust
11-18-2010, 06:01 PM
no they have'nt harnessed it yet

Harnessed what?

AndyWonder
11-18-2010, 06:11 PM
True 3 years is a long time. It took almost 3 years for John Cena to win his first WWE championship. Jeff Hardy was absent from WWE for over 3 years before his comeback in August 2006. Christian was away from WWE for over 3 years before his comeback in February 2009. Also....and I'll go way back....in 1995 when Lex Luger made that legitimate surprise appearance on WCW Nitro, he was with WCW just 3 years prior to that. And Kevin Nash was already in WCW 3 years before he went back there to help form the NWO.

SevenCagedTigers
11-18-2010, 09:53 PM
In 2007 the Main Eventers were Edge, Randy Orton, Batista, Undertaker, Triple H, Jeff Hardy, John Cena, Chris Jericho and HBK.
In 2010 its Edge, Orton, Taker, Triple H, Batista, HBK, Cena, Jericho, Wade Barret, Sheamus, and Jack Swagger.

In 2007 the tag teams were the Hardys, Rated RKO, Cade and Murdoch, Haas and Benjamin, MNM, Miz and Morrison, DX, HBK and Cena, Regal and Dave Taylor, Deuce and Domino, Kendrick and London and Cryme Tyme. (Probably forgot one or two)
In 2010 its Cryme Tyme, Hart Dynasty, Rhodes and McIntyre, Nexus, and the Usos.

In 2007 the Divas were Mickie James, Victoria, Beth Pheonix, Maria, Torrie Wilson, Melina, Kelly Kelly, Ariel, Layla, and Jillian Hall.
In 2010 Melina, Beth, Natalya, Maryse, Gail, fuck it this division doesn't matter anymore.

In 2007 if you were to tell me Miz would be more over than Morrison in 2010, I would have laughed my ass off.

I enjoyed this post. It was well-researched, just wanted to say.

SevenCagedTigers
11-18-2010, 10:00 PM
I agree 100%, This dude has the wrestling skills, the looks, but not the mic skills yet. If he gets that down: instant main event material.

Morrison needs to get rid of his Jim Morrison gimmick. The talking weird and attempts at poetics will never get over with the fans. Does Morrison even have a catch phrase? He's the Shaman of Sexy for &$^*'s sake, why doesn't he have a sexy ass valet slobbering over him?

Morrison needs to turn heel, ditch the "I speak in lyrics" gimmick, and basically quit being his dorky self overall. I can see his in-ring skills elevating him to main event status like it did for HBK, but Miz would be nowhere as a face right now.

I'm a huge fan for Morrison, I voted for him back in Tough Enough, but his career has stalled.

Silverdust
11-18-2010, 10:08 PM
Morrison needs to get rid of his Jim Morrison gimmick. The talking weird and attempts at poetics will never get over with the fans. Does Morrison even have a catch phrase? He's the Shaman of Sexy for &$^*'s sake, why doesn't he have a sexy ass valet slobbering over him?

Morrison needs to turn heel, ditch the "I speak in lyrics" gimmick, and basically quit being his dorky self overall. I can see his in-ring skills elevating him to main event status like it did for HBK, but Miz would be nowhere as a face right now.

I'm a huge fan for Morrison, I voted for him back in Tough Enough, but his career has stalled.

So you think a valet for Morrison will help him to the top?

IrkenInvader
11-18-2010, 10:22 PM
Vickie Guerrero.

SilverGhost
11-18-2010, 10:34 PM
So you think a valet for Morrison will help him to the top?

Turn him heel and yeah.

IrkenInvader
11-19-2010, 03:04 PM
Edit. Forgot the Dudebudters just like Creative did.

Bodom
11-19-2010, 03:29 PM
Edit. Forgot the Dudebudters just like Creative did.

This is some bullshit.

AGEOFFALL
11-19-2010, 04:53 PM
Take 1 step forward, and take 3 steps back.

DKO Killa
11-20-2010, 02:24 AM
WWE is in a serious "transition mode" because it's trying to create new stars like Barrett, Sheamus, Del Rio & so forth to create new rivalries with the veteran stars like Orton, Cena, Taker, HHH & so forth. Many WWE officials have gone on record saying this is the weakest roster WWE has had in years. It's true though as talent is becoming harder & harder to find.

I"m sorry, but did u say talent is harder "& harder" to find? Wrong, it's not. While the stupid "WWE Universe" is ridin' on John Cena u know what, guys like Bryan, Morrison, Ziggler (yes I said Ziggler) are being treated like Shelton B. before they kick him to the curve. (But, theirs a reason so get ready for my post later).

IrkenInvader
08-17-2011, 03:34 PM

In 2010 its Cryme Tyme, Hart Dynasty, Rhodes and McIntyre, Dudebusters, Nexus, and the Usos.

In 2011 the Main Eventers are Cena, Orton, CM Punk, Del Rio, Miz, Christian, Taker, HHH, Mysterio and Sheamus.

The tag teams are Otunga and McStupidname.

The divas are Eve, K2, Beth, Nattie, Bellas, is Layla still here?, and Kaitlyn.

In 2007 you told me that in 2011 The Miz would be 2 time WWE champ and Morrison would be getting de-pushed immediately after a big return I would have laughed hysterically.

VanHooliganX
08-17-2011, 09:59 PM

About a 8 months ago I bought smackdown vs. raw 2009 (and a couple of other cheap ones)

It was so stupid to see the roster. I still have SVR 2007 to fully complete and 1 factor stopping me going back is seeing about 75% either dead, released or at TNA.