PDA

View Full Version : Chael Sonnen claims to be the highest paid fighter in the UFC.

Iron Ape
08-28-2012, 04:43 PM
Here's the interview, for those interested (it's got some choice shots at "Bones" in it, so it's well worth a listen):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=7yDA3QSgFwU

Now I know that Chael sells fights better than anyone in the sport, but are we really to believe that Dana is throwing his top dollar at a guy who has never been, and never will be, champion? In his last fight with Silva, he got paid $50,000 to Anderson Silva's $200,000, so he'd have to be getting a really friggin' huge chunk of the pay-per-view's back-end to be pulling the kind of money he's claiming. Do you think Dana really values trash-talking that much, or should we just chalk this up to Sonnen's usual bullshit and bluster?

Robstar
08-28-2012, 11:20 PM
Just do nothing, lol. Greatest icon the sport has ever seen! He is likely, without doubt the greatest talker MMA has.

I have to wonder if there's not some sort of unique deal Dana has worked out for Sonnen. Asses in seats and all that. I hope that fight happens one day

samoan619
08-29-2012, 10:02 AM
I wouldnt mind seeing Sonnen vs Jones, of course I would love the interviews building up the fight just as much as the actual fight.. As my brotha Robstar said, Chael = best talker in the MMA business, which leads to the answer, that I think Sonnen is bullshitting on being the highest paid.. Good talkers are great liars lol..