PDA

View Full Version : is the BFG series bad for Impact???

body slam
08-26-2012, 10:09 AM
Let me start by saying I love the idea of the BFG series. I thought last year was handled very well with the house show up dates and a few matches on Impact. This year it seems like its all we have seen on Impact as far as matches go. You had some other story lines mixed in, but it seemed to dominate the matches. This is what I would like to see next year.

Kick off the series with a big night on Impact, but then down size to only one BFG series match per Impact for the rest of the series.

Do interviews pumping the BFG series matches coming to the house shows. Give the fans a reason to want to go to the house shows.

Like I mentioned earlier I love the BFG series, but honestly I feel burnt out on it as well.

YOUcanCALLmeCRACK
08-26-2012, 10:23 AM
It does take over and overshadow almost everything else but I think the Aces and Eights have much to do with that too. Two major angles at the same time it is hard to fit anything else in.

However, it has given us some amazing TV wrestling matches (PPV, too) and does make the road to BFG interesting. Luckily for those who do not like it, or in your case burnt out, we only have two weeks of it left.

They should give the US Xplosion and put a good number of matches on there.

MachoManFan
08-26-2012, 12:07 PM
I agree that the BFG series felt more special last year when we'd get highlights from house show matches on Impact as opposed to the match itself. What I'd like to see more of next year is them staging the ranking match at a house show or ppv and having same guys meet in a rematch/grudge match situation on Impact. That way we can have the higher quality matches that come with the BFG series but more variety in how they play out (more DQ's, gimmick matches etc).

To answer the thread question: No I don't think BFG is bad for Impact, it's the second best idea in wrestling behind Open Fight Night in my opinion. TNA just need to remember the variety factor.

Cabers
08-26-2012, 02:03 PM
Its a common complaint at the minute but when those storylines end you can expect to see the same people on the screen anyway so its much of a muchness atm!!

bartish2
08-26-2012, 02:12 PM
its a great idea just way too many matches every impact for BFG especially on OFN.

Playboy Stevie V
08-26-2012, 03:46 PM
To answer your question briefly, I love the BFG series. Why you ask? It's because the matches mean something and actually matter.

YOUcanCALLmeCRACK
08-26-2012, 04:03 PM
I was thinking:

Maybe to create less clutter, after every PPV they drop the bottom three guys out. After Dest-X we will have 9 left, after Hardcore Justice we will have 6 left, and at No Surrender the final four face off. This will free up a lot of TV time and keep the full spirit of the BFG series. In the past two years, those on the bottom have no chance anyway and having these cuts could make for some good TV.

RedDevilSativa
08-27-2012, 12:19 AM
this is the first bfg i have seen and i quite like it to say it is taking over impact doesnt make much sense to me because its just the same guys that fighting every week before the series started anyway except they donth have individual storylines its just one big storyline

Dennis
08-27-2012, 12:33 AM
I don't watch tna nearly enough because I watch a ton of wwe so the bfg series is awesome to me. I don't need to gather what the story is as soon as I understand they are trying to make a match up for their major ppv I can watch great match ups like kurt angle vs somoa joe with out the announcers rambling about things I don't really understand.

lewism173
08-27-2012, 01:49 AM
but at hardcore justice we got two awesome 4 ways and one great 3 way we wouldn't get that in this situation