PDA

View Full Version : Gutcheck

Cabers
08-24-2012, 01:25 PM
I think i have waited enough time to finally ask the question:

Are you actually interested in TNA's Gutcheck or do you FF it?

My opinion on TNA gutcheck so far is that it is terrible the only shining light of the whole thing so far has been Joey Ryan.

I will admit obviously nerves will play a vital part in a match especially if it was there first time in front of a live camera but my latest headshake comes this past episode with Kris Lewie just an awful match against Gunner with slips falls and mistimings to me anyway it looked awful.

And that is why i have voted for I Watch it, Dislike it.

Cabers
08-24-2012, 01:29 PM
Was thinking of making this a monthly thing to see how the real fans of wrestling EWN voted what do you think?

SESAfro
08-24-2012, 02:32 PM
Yeah, Lewie wasn't too good. About a minute in he looked sluggish and confused. The idea is lovely but with competitions like these have a high tendency to be filled with "sob stories". We get it, you have something to fight for. Let your talent show and influence us, not what you're going through. Ryan, Silva and Hendricks did good jobs. The rest are debatable.

Playboy Stevie V
08-24-2012, 02:41 PM
I actually like it. It's a great concept. The dude last night was fucking awful, but I think its good to see the bad with the good. It really made me appreciate the wrestlers like Gunner that I do get to see. It's not easy.

I think they are WAY to liberal at saying yes to wrestlers. IMO Nobody should have been given a contract yet except for Joey Ryan, but keep kayfabing it out like it is now, like they haven't signed him and he's pissed.

I think it should be VERY difficult to have these judges vote yes, so when they eventually do the person they have signed gets even more notoriety

DK Wrestling Savior
08-24-2012, 03:11 PM
I actually like it. It's a great concept. The dude last night was fucking awful, but I think its good to see the bad with the good. It really made me appreciate the wrestlers like Gunner that I do get to see. It's not easy.

I think they are WAY to liberal at saying yes to wrestlers. IMO Nobody should have been given a contract yet except for Joey Ryan, but keep kayfabing it out like it is now, like they haven't signed him and he's pissed.

I think it should be VERY difficult to have these judges vote yes, so when they eventually do the person they have signed gets even more notoriety

This past week's contestent I think was put on because they need a no...so far, everyone was good...except for the first guy. Didn't like him much, but oh well. Love Joey Ryan...the girl and the dude who got jumped by A&8 were both good as well. They need a NO...and this guy, sob story or not...is getting a NO next week.

Playboy Stevie V
08-24-2012, 03:18 PM
This past week's contestent I think was put on because they need a no...so far, everyone was good...except for the first guy. Didn't like him much, but oh well. Love Joey Ryan...the girl and the dude who got jumped by A&8 were both good as well. They need a NO...and this guy, sob story or not...is getting a NO next week.

Yeah I'm just saying that sometimes you need the bad to appreciated what you have. With everyone bitching over John Cena and how he can't wrestle, including me sometimes, after seeing this last Gut Check guy's terrible performance, Cena's in ring skills are not looking so bad after all.

Cabers
08-24-2012, 03:56 PM
Yeah I'm just saying that sometimes you need the bad to appreciated what you have. With everyone bitching over John Cena and how he can't wrestle, including me sometimes, after seeing this last Gut Check guy's terrible performance, Cena's in ring skills are not looking so bad after all.

I will agree completely that we need to see some bad guys and gals every now and then to keep it interesting. And yes i think Joey Ryan was the only decent guy on it so far.

SESAfro
08-24-2012, 04:08 PM
I will agree completely that we need to see some bad guys and gals every now and then to keep it interesting. And yes i think Joey Ryan was the only decent guy on it so far.
Joey Ryan was indeed the best one so far. The last two weren't even worth there spots to be honest. >.>

imswm
08-24-2012, 05:19 PM
Does it really matter? None of the "winners" have appeared on TV since getting selected anyway. (Unless I FF'd right by one...which would mean he/she didn't get much beyond a few dozen seconds of face time.)

I like the concept myself, but it should be done less often. Makes it seem harder to qualify, plus won't "wear out" so quickly...but I don't quite understand why they are hiring newbies when they already have too many workers under contract.

Michael Mcpherson
08-24-2012, 05:28 PM
I thought the girl was raw in the ring and I would rate her better than a diva but not ready to be a knock out. The first guy and the chum bucket for the A&8 crew were flat booooring in the ring but mostly sound skill wise. I loved Joey Ryan as a package he showed more flair taking a bump than anyone else I thought it was refreshing to have a heel come in and play to his strength rather than baby face for no reason at all when it didn't suit his style. The last guy missed cues and spots so bad in the ring I wondered if the weather was playing havoc with the match. At least once in each of the matches for the night I saw someone slip or drop a move. Don't get me wrong he stunk on ice in the ring, but didn't the event look like everyone was rained on?

YOUcanCALLmeCRACK
08-24-2012, 05:58 PM
I feel like people can dislike the format but it can not be an epic fail. TNA is trying something new and trying to make new talent.

YOUcanCALLmeCRACK
08-24-2012, 06:00 PM
Does it really matter? None of the "winners" have appeared on TV since getting selected anyway. (Unless I FF'd right by one...which would mean he/she didn't get much beyond a few dozen seconds of face time.)

I like the concept myself, but it should be done less often. Makes it seem harder to qualify, plus won't "wear out" so quickly...but I don't quite understand why they are hiring newbies when they already have too many workers under contract.

They really give them developmental contracts and throw them down to OVW. Joey Ryan is the only one who has been on TV but he's been in the Indy's for over a decade now. Most are pretty green though.

TheDevilsAdvocate
09-03-2012, 04:48 PM
Whatever happened to the Gutcheck winners?