PDA

View Full Version : Chris Jericho in TNA?

HCollins-TNA1
08-22-2012, 10:58 PM
As Jericho is leaving the WWE again to tour with his band Fozzy I wonder what the possibility of Jericho going to TNA is???As highly unlikely and doubtful I think it is..... several questions if he would....
What could he add to TNA???
Who would or could he face in TNA???
How long would you want him to stay???

My answers.... he could bring some attention with cross-over promos with Fozzy and TNA... Might not be nothing major but it will be attention...
Dream matches.... AJ Styles, Austin Aries, Bobby Roode, James Storm, Samoa Joe and even Sting.....
1 or 2 years to carry out a few feuds....

Peter Kaymakcian
08-22-2012, 11:05 PM
This will never happen ever

Dameduse823
08-22-2012, 11:12 PM
There are alot of people in tna who he could have amazing matches with. Styles, Joe and Daniels alone could provide 5 star ppv matches for a full year. But Jericho hates tna, he'd only ever go there if wwe bought it out

Haruko Haruhara
08-22-2012, 11:14 PM
As Jericho is leaving the WWE again to tour with his band Fozzy I wonder what the possibility of Jericho going to TNA is???As highly unlikely and doubtful I think it is..... several questions if he would....

My answers.... he could bring some attention with cross-over promos with Fozzy and TNA... Might not be nothing major but it will be attention...
Dream matches.... AJ Styles, Austin Aries, Bobby Roode, James Storm, Samoa Joe and even Sting.....

He was asked if he would go and he said never ever.

HCollins-TNA1
08-22-2012, 11:17 PM
But he have mention he watches the product and mention he would like to face several guys if he had the chance.... The only chance is he might have to give in to what he doesn't want to do...

HCollins-TNA1
08-22-2012, 11:22 PM
by Jack Windham (http://www.wrestlingrevealed.com/member.php?21-Jack-Windham)

Published on August 12th, 2012 04:35 PMWhich TNA stars are on Chris Jericho's list?

Chris Jericho Wants TNA Stars

Wrestling fans love dream matches. They like fantasizing about their favorite performers working against people in other companies. Chris Jericho is one of the most popular wrestlers on the planet, so it comes as no surprise that people wonder about him working against TNA stars. The former Undisputed Heavyweight Champion has provided his list of guys that he wants to work with.

Chris Jericho TNA List

Through his Twitter account, Chris Jericho mentioned four performers from TNA that he would like to work against. On that list are AJ Styles, Samoa Joe and Bobby Roode. Any of those matches would headline a pay per view. Another name that Jericho mentioned was Kurt Angle, who he has worked against in WWE years ago.

Chris Jericho to TNA

While a lot of fans are hoping that a top level wrestler like Chris Jericho won't go to TNA, the chances of it happening are greater than most would believe. He has publicly mentioned that he would only work for WWE, but he's also the type that still believes in the lost art of creating illusions. He likes surprising fans, as evident by his efforts to surprise them whenever he returns to WWE.

Closing Thoughts

I wouldn't hold my breath, but I also would not be foolish enough to completely wipe out the possibility.

http://network.yardbarker.com/wwe/article_external/chris_jericho_wants_tna_stars/11439961

The last 2 parts pretty much say it...... never say never!!!!

helmsley
08-22-2012, 11:22 PM
personally i wouldnt like to see jericho in tna, its not where he is supposed to be, i think that he can hardly have a better feud than the ones he has in wwe.

i agree he can have amazing matches with joe, styles and angle, but i would rather wait for those three talents to be in wwe

vikingsman18
08-22-2012, 11:27 PM
jericho has already stated many times and even said it on Twitter about 2 weeks ago that he WILL NEVER wrestle for anyone besides the WWE. And he said thaht he has absolutely NO plan to retire anytime soon. So this scenario is impossible, and we will be seeing Jericho back in the WWE once his tour is over in March of 2013.

HCollins-TNA1
08-22-2012, 11:30 PM
personally i wouldnt like to see jericho in tna, its not where he is supposed to be, i think that he can hardly have a better feud than the ones he has in wwe.

i agree he can have amazing matches with joe, styles and angle, but i would rather wait for those three talents to be in wwe

That the thing wrong with some wrestling fans..... They use to seeing guys only in the WWE..... and don't want to see them elsewhere.... Sometimes change is a good thing...

SilverGhost
08-22-2012, 11:37 PM
Jericho providing matches in TNA would be great for the company but you have to be real. This is a VERY slim maybe. Snowball's chance. If I were you, I wouldn't be too optimistic on this. Even if he does say "never say never."

AlexWorldOrder
08-23-2012, 01:22 AM
Sad thing is, most of the guys like Jericho, are only in the business for either loyalty, or for themselves.. And also a combination of both. Somebody like The Rock making one or two appearances in TNA would be great for the wrestling business as a whole, but not for The Rock himself. By doing this, he closes the door to ever work with Vince again, although Vince also LOVES when guys come back to him for $$$. It's all a part of his ego. Any top talent legend appearing on TNA would be great for business, but none of those guys are willing to take that chance. A guy like John Cena has the power of changing the business the way Hogan did, just by going to TNA and making an Impact, (no pun intended) but they're afraid of their wallet in the future and burning bridges. Jericho is a player; he will sell anything you want him to when you have him on your side, and he truly loves the business. He is actually the only guy I can see and think.."maybe he'll pull the trigger and shock the world someday". Jericho loves to pull surprises and trolls fans more than anyone else. The guy can tell you he has a vagina, and you'll believe him. He also knows who helped him become a big star, and that's where his loyalty lies.

HCollins-TNA1
08-23-2012, 01:31 AM
Sad thing is, most of the guys like Jericho, are only in the business for either loyalty, or for themselves.. And also a combination of both. Somebody like The Rock making one or two appearances in TNA would be great for the wrestling business as a whole, but not for The Rock himself. By doing this, he closes the door to ever work with Vince again, although Vince also LOVES when guys come back to him for $$$. It's all a part of his ego. Any top talent legend appearing on TNA would be great for business, but none of those guys are willing to take that chance. A guy like John Cena has the power of changing the business the way Hogan did, just by going to TNA and making an Impact, (no pun intended) but they're afraid of their wallet in the future and burning bridges. Jericho is a player; he will sell anything you want him to when you have him on your side, and he truly loves the business. He is actually the only guy I can see and think.."maybe he'll pull the trigger and shock the world someday". Jericho loves to pull surprises and trolls fans more than anyone else. The guy can tell you he has a vagina, and you'll believe him. He also knows who helped him become a big star, and that's where his loyalty lies.

Bigger thing is Vince isn't going be around much longer.... He at the age where he probably thinking about moving on into retirement or semi-retirement thus giving more control to Stephanie and Hunter and others within the WWE offices.....

Also excellent point....

Peter Kaymakcian
08-23-2012, 01:34 AM

I'm sorry, but I don't buy this fear of never coming back thing. Other then Randy Savage a lot of other guys have had the door opened to them to come back to the WWE. Hogan, Hall, Nash, Christian, Jeff Hardy, Matt Hardy, and the list goes on and on.

PandaMassacre
08-23-2012, 01:39 AM
Chris Jericho in TNA would be great, but despite his popularity and list of accomplishments I would have to pass up on that because Chris Jericho is at a point in his life where his band is his number one priority while Wrestling comes second to him. Also whenever he is around he is constantly putting over rising stars which is a definitive indication that he is winding down for the ending years of his career.

TNA 'The very best'
08-23-2012, 03:29 AM

For someone with so many posts and that has been here for a while, I am disappointed that you have made a thread like this. Jericho hasn't actually left the WWE he's back at the end of the year.

SilverGhost
08-23-2012, 04:12 AM
For someone with so many posts and that has been here for a while, I am disappointed that you have made a thread like this. Jericho hasn't actually left the WWE he's back at the end of the year.

I'm expecting....

Well....Jericho is with his band....maybe he will get a contract release??? You may never know in this business!!!!

TNA 'The very best'
08-23-2012, 04:17 AM
I'm expecting....

Well....Jericho is with his band....maybe he will get a contract release??? You may never know in this business!!!!

I'm almost 100% sure that i've read numerous reports saying he will be back at the end of the year/Beginning of next and he is just taking some time off. I could be wrong but I thought everyone was under the impression Jericho is just taking time off and still under contract.

Tommy Thunder
08-23-2012, 04:57 AM
This isn't even worth discussing since it would never happen. Jericho himself has openly said many a time that he'll never work for anyone else other than the WWE, and although he does like to tell the odd fib, I think that's one thing he's said that you can quite safely take as the stone cold truth.

And Jericho's only keyfabe gone from WWE while he tours with Fozzy. He'll be back in WWe before the year's out/early 2013.

DK Wrestling Savior
08-23-2012, 08:11 AM
I love how everyone has the answers to everything. Jericho is definitely going to back and this is just time off??? Well thank you insiders who know the contractual obligations of one Chris Jericho. I'm willing to bet wrestling "news" sites are wrong more than they're right.

And just because Jericho stated...publicly, that he will never work for another organization than WWE, I think it's safe to assume that, given the right circumstances (erm, $$$, erm), Jericho would go wherever, and do whatever. Of course, I'm sure guys like Bischoff and Hogan would have to be gone from TNA for it to happen, NOTHING is IMPOSSIBLE.

magglis
08-23-2012, 08:14 AM
What the hell is wrong with you people

Jerichoholic_92
08-23-2012, 08:42 AM
This will never...........EEEEEEVVVVVVVVEEEEEEERRRRRRR happen! (couldn't resist)

Even speaking hypothetically though he wouldn't work in TNA. Other than Kurt Angle nobody in that company is on the same level as Jericho. He could put over as many guys as possible, but it would still be clear how much better he is. And how would that look ? A guy from New York coming in and being miles better than everyone else, doesn't give their company much credability.

They need to create their own stars before they can even dream about taking someone elses.

Tommy Thunder
08-23-2012, 09:01 AM
I love how everyone has the answers to everything. Jericho is definitely going to back and this is just time off??? Well thank you insiders who know the contractual obligations of one Chris Jericho. I'm willing to bet wrestling "news" sites are wrong more than they're right.

And just because Jericho stated...publicly, that he will never work for another organization than WWE, I think it's safe to assume that, given the right circumstances (erm, $$$, erm), Jericho would go wherever, and do whatever. Of course, I'm sure guys like Bischoff and Hogan would have to be gone from TNA for it to happen, NOTHING is IMPOSSIBLE.

Jericho's in his 40's. By the time TNA is making enough money to afford Jericho he'll be long since retired.

Pumpkinhead
08-23-2012, 09:18 AM
That the thing wrong with some wrestling fans..... They use to seeing guys only in the WWE..... and don't want to see them elsewhere.... Sometimes change is a good thing...

The fact is Jericho himself has stated he won't work for them, I guess he is pretty comfortable with touring with his band and coming back for a few months, if he ever goes to TNA would be great for the company

tupelojoe81
08-23-2012, 09:28 AM

NO, you are incorrect. He said he would never WRESTLE for another company.......

Tommy Thunder
08-23-2012, 10:04 AM
NO, you are incorrect. He said he would never WRESTLE for another company.......

I recall him saying very recently that he'd never WORK for another company.

YOUcanCALLmeCRACK
08-23-2012, 11:34 AM
The only way I see this happening is with 3 failed wellness policies. Jericho is in a band so you never know :)

HungOver
08-23-2012, 11:59 AM
He was already in TNA once before :):):);):):):):)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGfDDzFTD_Q

KJ PUNK
08-23-2012, 12:07 PM

Yep, because they used all that big money to have Batista come wrestle for them as well. :rolleyes:

Playboy Stevie V
08-23-2012, 01:37 PM
I'm not going to say it will never happen, because anything is possible. But I'm 99% sure Y2J will never go anywhere else to wrestle, but WWE.

Cabers
08-23-2012, 03:19 PM
This will never happen ever

Ever and then when that ever comes along never ever again!!

Lowki
08-23-2012, 06:10 PM
If you used google, You would find several past posts over the years. Many stating that he will only wrestle for WWE. He also hates bischoff from his time in WCW.
Last year he took a shot at TNA stating that they will never be bigger than WWE too.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1283694-wwe-news-chris-jericho-talks-retirement-and-wrestling-for-another-company
They include screen shots of his Tweets stating he'd never wrestle for anyone else. Closed thread.

Bodom
08-23-2012, 06:44 PM
We have this discussion every time he leaves. Care to guess what the outcome has consistently been?

helmsley
08-23-2012, 10:20 PM

biggest stage of them all! i rather see for example taker vs sting at wm than at bound for glory! if there is a match between jericho and joe for the whc i would rather see it at summerslam, wm rather than impact or no surrender.

dont get me wrong, i agree change is good, but its just the biggest , grandest stage there is!

Rowebin
08-24-2012, 10:33 AM

He is a smart man, he knows what to say and when to say it. Vince pays his bills so why ever say he likes the competition?

If TNA really took off and looked to have a good stable long term future I could see him move there, but he knows WWE will be around alot longer as things stand.

steveorton
08-26-2012, 07:29 PM
It will never happen Raw is Jericho but hypothetically Y2J vs Styles, Aries, or Angle.

westy
08-29-2012, 09:15 AM
Never say never, who would have though that Kurt Angle would be in TNA. I think the WWE need to keep their big names. But maybe in time he could make the jump, who knows.

samoan619
08-29-2012, 09:53 AM
I am a very big Jericho fan, but I dont think he's going to draw as much as you think it will.. Even when Jeff Hardy left WWE at the height of his popularity and right after a World title reign, it didnt do too much in the ratings department for TNA.. The real picture is that Jericho has accomplished almost everything to do in "pro rasslin", right now he's chasing his Fozzy dreams, theyre gaining a lot of popularity and he's going to follow the momentum.. I would highly doubt that Jericho would go to TNA at this time in his career, like someone said before me, I'd prefer to see Jericho vs Joe at a WWE ppv than a TNA one.. I will say this though, TNA has been catching my eye again lately, but I still don't see Jericho there..