PDA

View Full Version : Non Wrestling Related Blogs

Poot-Hair
08-21-2012, 08:09 AM
Hey all, just wanted to throw a little suggestion out there.

eWN is all around one of the best wrestling news sites out there bar none. Not only does it have the main news boards, but it also has one of the best forums/e-fed section around. I'd like to add onto this by suggesting an area be added for topical/non wrestling related blogs.

Here on eWN we talk about everything and I do mean EVERYTHING and I feel that there should be an outlet for someone if a member decides they want to write a blog about any topical subject that may come to mind. Top 5 Favorite Movies, Actors, even favorite animals for that matter. Just anything that would come to mind.

Of course when you write a Wrestling related blog it appears on the front page after approval. Non wrestling related blogs wouldn't/shouldn't go on the front page, but rather a special designated spot in the Tea Spot or another spot of the Webmaster's/Mods choosing. It could be viewed just like the main page blogs are now, showing total views and allowing for comments on it. Also since it is a blog, maybe have it add to that blogger's total blog number.(?)

This idea may not get any further than this thread, but it's something I've had in my head for awhile now so I figured it was at least worth a try in getting to happen. I personally think it would make a great addition to this site as well as make the overall enjoyment of this site that much better.

Thanks for your time,
The PootedHair

Kashdinero
08-22-2012, 01:14 AM
Nice idea, let's hope Frank or Ahmed can make the necessary site alterations to make it possible.

Shaz11
08-22-2012, 01:47 PM
I like this idea.

Grind_Bastard
08-22-2012, 09:50 PM
I give my thumbs up. It may let me make my first blog. Never blogged in English, and I'm not too confident on my own skills/wrestling knowledge to make the attempt.

Kashdinero
08-23-2012, 01:11 AM
I give my thumbs up. It may let me make my first blog. Never blogged in English, and I'm not too confident on my own skills/wrestling knowledge to make the attempt.

Can't vouch for your wrestling knowledge, but the skills part? Haha, yeah, right! ;)

PandaMassacre
08-23-2012, 01:33 AM
I think that was what the simply topical section was for. The main page was always aimed for a strictly wrestling atmosphere. The chance of the simply topical idea crossing over to the main page is at least 56% possible.

akbar
08-23-2012, 06:50 AM
Just start a thread called 'Non Wrestling Blogs' in the tea spot section and just write 1 veryyy long posts each time as your blogs.

thejman93
08-23-2012, 11:39 AM
Just start a thread called 'Non Wrestling Blogs' in the tea spot section and just write 1 veryyy long posts each time as your blogs.

If it came down to it, this wouldn't be a terrible idea but I don't see why Frank wouldn't agree to what Pooter is proposing here.

wrestlingfan66513
08-23-2012, 11:44 AM
I love this, there are a ton of stuff I'd like to do on here and I hope it does happen

Poot-Hair
08-23-2012, 08:05 PM
Yeah I think it would be a great idea and in place of just having another "thread" for blogs. It just seems kind of unprofessional, I guess that's the right word.

I mean if you spend all that time writing a blog I think it would deserve the same care that is given to the wrestling related blogs, with the total number of views visible at the top and comments allowed at the bottom. I would be willing to be the Non wrestling related blog moderator if that is seen as being an issue

The Piper
08-24-2012, 11:26 AM
This would be a good idea for opinions long past forum length. I've actually thought about this a bit lately

Grind_Bastard
08-29-2012, 07:45 AM
So, is this going to happen?

Poot-Hair
09-03-2012, 07:28 AM
So, is this going to happen?Buddy I'm not sure. I haven't been contacted about it either on here or via PM so I'm assuming that I'm not going to get an answer.

Bodom
09-03-2012, 07:40 AM
What's stopping people from just using the existing Blog section?

Destruction
09-03-2012, 12:03 PM
What's stopping people from just using the existing Blog section?

I'm not sure they get approved. Either that, or nobodys bothered to write one

wrestlingfan66513
09-03-2012, 12:07 PM

I could try since I am a featured blogger and get the first non wrestling blog up, not sure how it would be taken though since it is a wrestling site

Bodom
09-03-2012, 12:08 PM

If someone did try in the past and it was rejected, I would expect it to be written somewhere that only wrestling related blogs are permitted in the Blog area. Unless I'm mistaken, it's not written anywhere.

So maybe someone should try writing one and see what happens.

Destruction
09-03-2012, 12:12 PM
We've also added a blogging section for you. This is an additional space for lengthy thoughts and opinions. This section will allow you to post extended wrestling articles and/or rumors that you have authored. Blog is not limited to just wrestling, you can post your opinions about other topics. However, we will only feature wrestling articles and news. Non-wrestling related articles will be categorized in their own category.

From here: http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/entry.php?6-Welcome-to-the-new-eWrestlingNews-com!!.

I don't see it's own section currently

Bodom
09-03-2012, 12:45 PM
From here: http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/entry.php?6-Welcome-to-the-new-eWrestlingNews-com!!.

I don't see it's own section currently

You glossed over the part where it says blogs aren't to be limited to just wrestling.

If Franks original vision was to have a section of the Blog area dedicated to non-wrestling blogs, then perhaps an influx of non-wrestling blogs will motivate him to follow up on that.

Dr. Death
09-03-2012, 06:56 PM

Here's a couple non wrestling related blogs I wrote that were approved.

http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/entry.php?40560-Machine-guns-prison-and-marvelous-inspiration

http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/entry.php?40149-The-Top-10-Pound-for-Pound-Fighters-in-MMA-Right-Now

VanHooliganX
09-03-2012, 07:06 PM
So just so I know. I can actually do non-wrestling related blogs?

Cause I'd love to do a few other sport ones.

Bodom
09-03-2012, 07:10 PM
So just so I know. I can actually do non-wrestling related blogs?

Cause I'd love to do a few other sport ones.

Well Dr. Death did just prove that non-wrestling blogs have been approved. So I would assume that the answer to your question is yes.

VanHooliganX
09-03-2012, 07:28 PM
Well Dr. Death did just prove that non-wrestling blogs have been approved. So I would assume that the answer to your question is yes.

Just wanted to make sure is all. Awesome sauce.

Bodom
09-03-2012, 07:39 PM
So do we consider this resolved? or are we going to hold off until we see more non-wrestling blogs published?

akbar
09-03-2012, 08:09 PM
I don't know, Dr Death's blogs don't prove much because he's a respected blogger and those blogs were MMA related so it kind of fits the sports entertainment thing, thats why i reckon it got approved, I'm pretty sure if someone wrote a blog about anything in life (e.g. How I stopped caring for my ex-girlfriend and got over her by writing this bullshit blog) I doubt it would be approved. And I'm glad because those kind of blogs would ruin the whole blog section abit.

Ps - I still like my non wrestling blog thread idea. :)

Bodom
09-03-2012, 08:24 PM
I suspect that you're gonna piss off a lot of MMA fans by comparing it to sport entertainment.

akbar
09-03-2012, 08:36 PM
I suspect that you're gonna piss off a lot of MMA fans by comparing it to sport entertainment.
Well I said "kind of" :rolleyes:

Dubs
09-03-2012, 10:16 PM
I think you can do non-wrestling blogs. Like this blog:
http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/entry.php?27-Comedy-Rock-and-McDonalds

Amerinaine
09-03-2012, 11:08 PM
I think you can do non-wrestling blogs. Like this blog:
http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/entry.php?27-Comedy-Rock-and-McDonalds

I know I did one that might have had wrestling, but it wasn't a wrestling blog.

http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/entry.php?41752-Joplin-1-Year-Later-and-Wrestling

Bodom
09-04-2012, 04:30 AM
Well I said "kind of" :rolleyes:

Oh gee, "kind of comparing" is obviously drastically different than "comparing". I am so sorry.

Schmuck.

Poot-Hair
09-04-2012, 06:13 AM
Okay so we've seen that we can do non-wrestling blogs and that's great. The question is, if we start doing a bunch of non-wrestling/topical blogs will they appear on the front page?

eWN is a wrestling site and if we start getting more topical blogs and less wrestling related blogs and they start appearing on the front page it could become a problem. That's the reason I suggested them appearing on a seperate spot on eWN (the Tea Spot maybe?) where it wouldn't become a problem

akbar
09-04-2012, 06:36 AM
Oh gee, "kind of comparing" is obviously drastically different than "comparing". I am so sorry.

Schmuck.
Okay keep your fucking knickers on, to me "kind of" is very different to straight out "comparing".

Bodom
09-04-2012, 06:47 AM
Okay keep your fucking knickers on, to me "kind of" is very different to straight out "comparing".

Then I will kind of retract my statement and say that MMA fans will kind of be angry at you for kind of comparing it to a fake sport.

I am also now only kind of calling you a schmuck. Which is clearly kind of a bit better.

akbar
09-04-2012, 07:00 AM
I am also now only kind of calling you a schmuck. Which is clearly kind of a bit better.
Well I do feel better... So I guess it kind of is.

Poot-Hair
09-04-2012, 07:11 AM
Well this thread has now been completely derailed. Thanks

akbar
09-04-2012, 07:17 AM
It hasn't been completely derailed if you ask me...

Androo
09-04-2012, 10:18 AM

Kind of.

I'd kind of ban all blogs, but, that's kind of just me, obviously.

Grind_Bastard
09-06-2012, 11:52 AM
I'm not convinced. There were non wrestling blogs, but had a connection with it, or were sports related. I didn't see a fully nonwrestling blog.

Maybe speak about something different and make a wrestling connection?

Frank
10-18-2012, 07:10 PM
Hey Guys, thanks for your thoughts. As of now, the only blogs I can approve has to be some what wrestling related. We will approve any MMA and/or fighting blogs. Any non-wrestling but wrestling related blogs, eg. movies with The Rock in it, Chris Jericho's Music, etc. But things that are too off topic and has nothing that touches wrestling just won't have the mass appeal of the rest of the readers.

Thanks, Happy Blogging.
Frank

Tommy Thunder
01-07-2014, 04:55 PM
Hey Guys, thanks for your thoughts. As of now, the only blogs I can approve has to be some what wrestling related. We will approve any MMA and/or fighting blogs. Any non-wrestling but wrestling related blogs, eg. movies with The Rock in it, Chris Jericho's Music, etc. But things that are too off topic and has nothing that touches wrestling just won't have the mass appeal of the rest of the readers.

Thanks, Happy Blogging.
Frank

Ah, so contrary to what Rob thought, non-wrestling blogs aren't accepted?
I'm of the opinion that it would appeal to a great deal of people that visit this site. Any chance that non-wrestling blogs can be accepted? We'll never know how popular it is until it's tested out at least.

Bodom
01-07-2014, 04:58 PM
Your odds of getting a response are greater if you PM him.

Tommy Thunder
01-07-2014, 05:00 PM
Your odds of getting a response are greater if you PM him.

I'll give it a go.c
Cheers for finding this thread.

Wade Barrett 1979
01-07-2014, 05:56 PM
I'll give it a go.c
Cheers for finding this thread.

For the time being TT why not create a thread in the sports section just for blogs? I'm sure one if the modbods will sticky it for you, at least that way if it proves to be popular you have some ammo to fire Frank's way is pushing for a dedicated sport blog section.

Tommy Thunder
01-07-2014, 06:06 PM
For the time being TT why not create a thread in the sports section just for blogs? I'm sure one if the modbods will sticky it for you, at least that way if it proves to be popular you have some ammo to fire Frank's way is pushing for a dedicated sport blog section.

Thought had crossed my mind. I'll have some time tomorrow, so might give that a shot :)

Darkside Ron Garvin
01-07-2014, 08:44 PM

Thanks, Happy Blogging.
Frank

If that's the case, then why are "the boys" still writing non-wrestling related blogs in the News Section of the site?

Let's be honest here; their blogs are more about stroking ego and just how "awesome they are" for being Clark's friends, and have little to do with the actual views or opinions of the current wrestling product that isn't inspired or lifted from the masses of YouTube pre-teens that enjoy shitting all over everything and then claiming that their "original take" is what wrestling should be. Perhaps this perspective of "inside the box" thinking is what passes for a blog worthy of being placed second tier to Clark's version of the Weekly World News of Pro Wrestling, but regurgitation is just that - not creative wrestling themed topics as they misrepresent themselves to be.