PDA

View Full Version : Teds return ideas

gravesismizfan
08-16-2012, 10:24 PM
A thought about Ted dibiase*

Ted is soon to be brought back from injury but where do you go for his return I have three ideas

1. Have him managed by Vickie Guerrero*
IMO this would be good for both Ted Vickie and dolph he doesn't need her anymore*
It would be good for Vickie to manage another person then he could feud with swagger you could have Ted buy off Vickie or dolph dumps Vickie and moves on while she goes to swagger who then gets bought off by Ted but idk IMO Ted is a future star so help the push he needs mic help and Vickie could help with that and with the heat

2. Have him help rebuild tag team division*
I would like to see him team with slater and firm a tag team IMO they would be a good team slater( btw I liked since day 1 of nxt) Heath has been doin good things payin his dues so reward him with winning tag titles with Ted . I like Ted in this for two reasons tag team revival and he needs mic support*

3. Have him return to feud with Cody Rhodes . A they both have history know each other well they might be able to do somethin there plus worse comes to worse and ur in dire need of help with feud bring dusty and Ted into it at ppv

Ty and tell me your thoughts*

bartish2
08-16-2012, 11:11 PM
I hope he gets a push in the tag team division but knowing wwe logic, back to jobbing.

Xosanj
08-16-2012, 11:15 PM
No to number 1. Just personal not too much a fan of Vickie, She gets the job done and gets heat pretty fast, but i am super turned off by heels that are heels cuz they are annoying. And that's all she is super annoying. She did good for Jack and Ziggler but Ziggler has already outgrown her and really doesnt need her. Same for Ted

As for 2 Maybe but sure the hell not Slater. For one they dont mix well and 2 Slater looks better off flying solo. I can only see him in a team with Cody again an thats prob not gonna happen.

For 3 I like it. Ted has been gone for a long time and even before he was gone he wasnt doin much of anything. ANd that works right there Ted trying to get hes mojo back and Cody steppin up to him lettin him know while Ted was out being forgotten he was out Main eventing shows, and let the 2 go from there. Since there is history ppl will watch this and from this they can add to there history. Since it is a good change both men will be with the company for awhile having them have more history with each other helps in the future.

El T Draino 316
08-16-2012, 11:22 PM
How about this? Ted returns as part of the New Evolution. Ted, Cody, McGillicutty, and Steamboat Jr. Ted and Cody can be the leaders while the group tears shit up. Eventually, classic dispute of the leaders, major match between Ted and Cody at a big ole PPV. I'd like it.

BadAndy
08-16-2012, 11:29 PM
How about this? Ted returns as part of the New Evolution. Ted, Cody, McGillicutty, and Steamboat Jr. Ted and Cody can be the leaders while the group tears shit up. Eventually, classic dispute of the leaders, major match between Ted and Cody at a big ole PPV. I'd like it.

Best option I could see. Don't think I can vote for any of the options given.

gravesismizfan
08-16-2012, 11:34 PM
O I thought of that but they need a big guy

BadAndy
08-16-2012, 11:40 PM
O I thought of that but they need a big guy

Why? Evolution had the big guy but he was awful. Legacy was successful without having a big guy.

El T Draino 316
08-16-2012, 11:53 PM
Why? Evolution had the big guy but he was awful. Legacy was successful without having a big guy.

Ahh thanks BadAndy. I think I actually meant Legacy when I originally suggested it. But either stable works I suppose. It would be preeetty sweet.

scribbler_jones
08-17-2012, 02:02 AM
From the options given, I'm actually fond of number 3. The two do have history, as well as both being the children of renowned wrestlers. It would be a nice way to re-introduce DiBiase to WWE TV: he notes that Rhodes has been running through WWE being a hellion and especially disgracing his brother and shaming the Rhodes name... DiBiase's platform could be that while he was once a villain, he learned from his father (who in real life is a born again Christian) and wants to set a positive example for the world, using his resources to make others happy. Rhodes's rebuttal can be that Ted is F.O.S. (Full Of S***) and he is deluding himself, unable to escape his father's treacherous legacy in that he thinks everything in life can be bought... while Rhodes became his own man, taking the Rhodes name to new heights without having to buy his way to the top. The buildup: Rhodes snaps back to his "undashing" days, gets nice and dark and violent (maybe even wears a black version of his ring gear) and starts destroying anyone who stands in his way - especially targeting Ted's family and eventually stealing the Million Dollar Belt and threatening to melt it down. Could culminate in a match where the competitors' fathers are seconds for their sons... As cliche as it all sounds, I could get into it.

But this is just me and my vivid imagination. Take with a grain of salt.

Lowki
08-17-2012, 09:16 AM
If he were to get involved with Vickie, he would feud with Dolph.
If someone bought your manager, who brought you to the title picture, wouldn't you want to try and win her back? Or at least get some revenge on Ted?
Also if he dumped Vickie, wouldn't Vickie want to seek revenge as she "likes" him more than a business partner (my opinion but she wouldn't be a cougar if she wasn't) using her new man to try and exact revenge.

Slater has this thing with legends that will still occur time to time.
I'd prefer Priceless again. With the tag team division apparantly a big thing to HHH, they might actually get an even better run this time than they had post-legacy.

Feud with cody would work, but it would probably end up with a cody burial... He's lost a ton of momentum lately. They both have. Any feud wouldn't help either of them atm

CricketTragic
08-17-2012, 09:31 AM
Legacy was not succesful? if you disagree please explain how they had 5 or 6 different members, never won anything and only hugn around for a little while

tdp
08-17-2012, 09:42 AM
I had high hopes for Ted post legacy, that all crashed and burned. Now I'd be just fine if Ted never came back. OT, if he has to return i'd go with having Vickie manage him, like many have said Dolph has outgrown her. I personally think teaming with Slater makes no sense and would just bring Slater down a notch, or twelve. Feuding with Cody is the most logical but with a returning Ted i'm thinking he'd be put over Rhodes which would make me cringe. Off topic, WTF happened to Rhodes?! He was on the track to greatness and now he's losing to Sin Cara! SIN FRICKIN CARA?!?! Ridiculous.

Xosanj
08-17-2012, 10:03 AM
Off topic, WTF happened to Rhodes?! He was on the track to greatness and now he's losing to Sin Cara! SIN FRICKIN CARA?!?! Ridiculous.
If anyone had to guess he pissed someone off backstage or had done something someone didnt like lol. Someone had an other good idea with rodes running a whole other evolution thinkg with Rodes Ted and Steamboat and etc.... Prob is both Rhodes and Ted are not succesful enough really for anyone to follow them.....and who at this point how they have set up Rhodes would trust him?

Teds is a bad place now hes either gonna need someone to really put him over to get back on track.....maybe bring back
The Million Dollar Belt.

scribbler_jones
08-17-2012, 11:57 AM
If he were to get involved with Vickie, he would feud with Dolph.
If someone bought your manager, who brought you to the title picture, wouldn't you want to try and win her back? Or at least get some revenge on Ted?
Also if he dumped Vickie, wouldn't Vickie want to seek revenge as she "likes" him more than a business partner (my opinion but she wouldn't be a cougar if she wasn't) using her new man to try and exact revenge.

Slater has this thing with legends that will still occur time to time.
I'd prefer Priceless again. With the tag team division apparantly a big thing to HHH, they might actually get an even better run this time than they had post-legacy.

Feud with cody would work, but it would probably end up with a cody burial... He's lost a ton of momentum lately. They both have. Any feud wouldn't help either of them atm

Gotta say, that's a pretty legit idea. I admit that I loved Cody and Ted feuding, but as you mentioned, with the way WWE has been burying people lately, Cody needs all the momentum he can get. Plus having a mouthpiece in Vickie could help him (somewhat) while he re-establishes himself if that storyline were to happen. And I would be happy to see Rhodes and DiBiase eventually get into the tag team division and hopefully light it up... I believe that Cody has what it takes to be successful in tag or singles matches, and DiBiase has the potential to do just as well.

BadAndy
08-17-2012, 12:41 PM
Legacy was not succesful? if you disagree please explain how they had 5 or 6 different members, never won anything and only hugn around for a little while

Not sure what this comment means. Legacy at most had 4 members but got rid of Snuka's son fairly fast. Legacy was successful in the fact that it was a fairly long lasting stable (over a year). Rhodes and DiBiase were tag champions during this time. I don't think you have to have a certain number of titles in order to consider a stable successful, just like a stable doesn't have to have a big man to be a stable.

scribbler_jones
08-17-2012, 12:48 PM
Not sure what this comment means. Legacy at most had 4 members but got rid of Snuka's son fairly fast. Legacy was successful in the fact that it was a fairly long lasting stable (over a year). Rhodes and DiBiase were tag champions during this time. I don't think you have to have a certain number of titles in order to consider a stable successful, just like a stable doesn't have to have a big man to be a stable.

Good point. The fact alone that they did a year should say something, IMO. Could be worse... look at the Corre.

blink
08-17-2012, 12:59 PM
Give him a tebow gimmick.

BadAndy
08-17-2012, 03:56 PM
Good point. The fact alone that they did a year should say something, IMO. Could be worse... look at the Corre.

Gah, don't remind me of the Corre. I really wanted to like them and Punk's Nexus but they did away with both before they could get either going. If you can't tell, I'm a big time fan of stables. Gives more wrestlers exposure and air time, helps develop great feuds when someone eventually turns on one or all members.

Dubs
08-17-2012, 10:52 PM
I say put him in a tag team with Michael McGillicutty. Maybe even giving him a bodyguard like Mason Ryan will help Ted Jr. I don't see him having success as a singles wrestler and since the WWE are planning on strengthening the tag team division, it would be a great opportunity to book Ted Dibiase Jr and McGillicutty as a tag team just to add meat to the division.

Cabers
08-18-2012, 03:02 PM
I say put him in a tag team with Michael McGillicutty. Maybe even giving him a bodyguard like Mason Ryan will help Ted Jr. I don't see him having success as a singles wrestler and since the WWE are planning on strengthening the tag team division, it would be a great opportunity to book Ted Dibiase Jr and McGillicutty as a tag team just to add meat to the division.

It looks like McGillicutty is tagging with Johnny Curtis that door just closed!!

capn-edu
08-18-2012, 03:05 PM

ALL THIS
tag team with Mr. Imperfect with Ryan as a bodyguard~~

steveorton
08-18-2012, 03:51 PM
None of the options. I think they should let him form a stable with Del Rio Money Inc. or something. Let him get over as a heel he'll be better as a heel, restart the Fortunate Son gimmick let him shine and he could be a top heel someday it just starts with re-establishing him as a relevant person.

chunkkynutzzz
08-18-2012, 04:49 PM
What Ted Dibiase needs is to be a heel by coming back and saying nobody gave a crap about him being gone. Nobody was there not one fan, nobody!

Nothing was there for him to look to, only one thing was there and it always has been there.

The Money.

And he creates a new money inc.

Start with having the Prime Time Players in his stable, he was international talent make Yoshi tatsu his tatanka , Big Zeke. Can be his muscle , and get a diva from developmental and a newcomer that he wants to mold into a star also from nxt.

And Boom. You got him shining and also have a storyline, plus have others getting spotlight at the same damn time

Let me know watcha think about this idea