PDA

View Full Version : Champion vs ??? PPV

FHJoker
08-16-2012, 01:55 PM
Sorry if this is in the wrong place since I'm not sure where to put this. If it doesn't belong here can it be moved to its appropriate place.

Now this is just a thought, in your opinion do you think a PPV not just in WWE but in any company, where all Championships are on the line and are defended against random opponents would go over well?

In my opinion it could make for an interesting PPV, I could see people tuning in to see who the mystery person is, just like the mystery of who is next in the Royal Rumble or who is drafted during the Draft. It can also be used to create a rift in some stables if there was a stable, making for interesting storylines and feuds. I also think it can reinforce the meaning of the Champion being the best no matter who the challenger is, and it can be used for surprise returns. What are your thoughts.

Shining Light
08-16-2012, 01:59 PM
If worked well it could be a good concept, but with the WWE it would mean that for one night the majority of on-going storylines would have to be put on hold.

I.E.: If Punk was Champion and faced Cena whilst Bryan would be the No.1 contender, they would have to forget about Bryan being the contender for the night, unless he was going to intefere. But they couldn't have interference in every match by the current contender or whoever the Champion was feuding with... It's complicated but it should be easy to figure out if you think about it

Cabers
08-16-2012, 02:05 PM
Interesting idea kind of like Cyber Sunday?

FHJoker
08-16-2012, 02:23 PM
If worked well it could be a good concept, but with the WWE it would mean that for one night the majority of on-going storylines would have to be put on hold.

I.E.: If Punk was Champion and faced Cena whilst Bryan would be the No.1 contender, they would have to forget about Bryan being the contender for the night, unless he was going to intefere. But they couldn't have interference in every match by the current contender or whoever the Champion was feuding with... It's complicated but it should be easy to figure out if you think about it

You do have a big point. I had create a PPV like this in WWE '12 universe mode and I had to pause three championship fueled storylines:
IC Champ Bret Hart going for Orton's WWE title
Primo going for Undertaker's WHC
Triple H & I think Kevin Nash going after Brock Lesner's USA title

The only titles that changed hands was the Tag Team which Lesner and a CAW won, IC which a returning Legend Hawk won with distractions from Animal of course, and Diva which was won by Beth Pheonix from a CAW in her Divas of Doom stable

But it did allow Bret to drop the IC title and focus on the WWE title

DK Wrestling Savior
08-16-2012, 02:57 PM
Sorry if this is in the wrong place since I'm not sure where to put this. If it doesn't belong here can it be moved to its appropriate place.

Now this is just a thought, in your opinion do you think a PPV not just in WWE but in any company, where all Championships are on the line and are defended against random opponents would go over well?

In my opinion it could make for an interesting PPV, I could see people tuning in to see who the mystery person is, just like the mystery of who is next in the Royal Rumble or who is drafted during the Draft. It can also be used to create a rift in some stables if there was a stable, making for interesting storylines and feuds. I also think it can reinforce the meaning of the Champion being the best no matter who the challenger is, and it can be used for surprise returns. What are your thoughts.

In a way, don't they already do this with the whole Raw Active thing they do now? I like the idea, and that would great to see at Night of Champions, but that would also mean a lot of creative thinking, which clearly WWE has lacked for the last 8 years.

Robstar
08-16-2012, 03:22 PM
It's an OK idea but would have worked better in the old kayfabe days when there was the feeling that anyone might win at any given time. These days, we know how it works and if they were to say, put Santino or Hawkins in a world title match, we know already that politics won't let that happen (most likely). There's always the swerve to consider but WWE is too much a bottom line company these days and even a short title reign would probably affect their stock.

the-rocks-stunner
08-16-2012, 08:28 PM
I miss Cyber Sunday. But yeah, good idea!

HCollins-TNA1
08-18-2012, 03:16 PM

A mix of Night of Champions and Cyber Sunday.... Would and could work and could build new contenders...

Automatic
08-18-2012, 03:18 PM
It will very likely not draw.

steveorton
08-18-2012, 03:48 PM
Cool concept I think it would go over well man and I would watch that.