PDA

View Full Version : Ryback and Jinder Mahal storyline (what could or should have been)

goodomens
08-16-2012, 04:39 AM
wouldn't it be more entertaining to see another "roided freak" trying to imitate Ryback's Goldberg gimmick and proclaiming he's a bigger badass, etc. someone like Mason Ryan or Ezekiel Jackson. I think they picked the wrong person for this storyline, i don't think Jinder Mahal would seem like a legitimate threat to Ryback. plus i don't like the way he sells. lol.

they could do the whole "i can do better in my matches" thing, trying to upstage one another. they could also do a pick your poison match. then build up for a PPV match. i think it would be a great way to build up both Ryback and his rival. especially since the e is lacking dominant monster characters these days.

then maybe someday Mark Henry breaks Ryback's undefeated streak.

do you think Jinder would do a better job than other "roided freaks"?
what do you think of Ryback? i personally like his character

PSOjedi
08-16-2012, 04:46 AM
Ryback is talented I think. He has a great set of moves. But...

I don't care actually.
His gimmick does not interest me. His matches are always the same
What WWE is doing with him does not interest me.
The feed me more thing is useless.

Perhaps I will change my mind in the future, but actually I don't care about Ryback.

SLEEPY LOCO1
08-16-2012, 05:04 AM
I also really just don't care about Ryback. The E needs to just put a legitimate top card wrestler out there to end his undefeated gimmick he has going. I think I would rather even see him going up against the Big Show after SummerSlam, just to end this pointless storyline.

BadAndy
08-16-2012, 07:51 AM
I'm not a big fan of either one of these guys. I think what I'm seeing with them is a very good thing though. They are giving two very lackluster talents a chance to have a proper feud. They never gave Brodus Clay a proper feud when building him up (although he seems to be in one now with Sandow). They brought in Tensai and never gave him a real feud. Ryback comes in and goes through these dumb squash matches. Now they have Mahal, whom they've tried to use previously in that awful Great Khali storyline. Mahal has improved in his matches I've seen on NXT. The thing that Mahal suffers from is what ADR suffers from. They give him a fairly boring submission as his finisher. He can use the submission but please give him some sort of an impact move as a finisher as well. I am actually excited to see what they do with this feud and if these two guys can sell each other properly and if we will see more growth from the two. The biggest mistake WWE can make is to just have Ryback steamroll Mahal when they finally square off with a proper finish.

By the way, Ryback has grown on me to the point of being tolerable but I don't see him ever being a favorite of mine. I'm just not a big fan of the monster wrestlers.

tdp
08-16-2012, 08:50 AM
I like Ryback a little less each time I see him. I thought adding a "feed me more" sound bite to his theme was beyond cheesy. I do like Mahal though so I'm hoping this fued elevates him. OT that fued would have been decent with big zeke, he's definitely not busy at the moment lol.

Mr. Ziggles
08-16-2012, 09:46 AM
I'm just waiting on Ryback VS Matt Morgan feud.

WWEYoungGun
08-16-2012, 10:26 AM
Ryback vs Mahal would be great if Jindar Mahal would just be a man and fight him

Marx
08-16-2012, 10:29 AM
I hope they end the undefeated streak asap. That ship is long gone, wrestling's credibility as sport is gone and the meaning of winning changed. Winning is getting over with the fans by entertaining them: you don't have to win to do that. Even the regular WWE-audience, not only the marks, are behind Daniel Bryan (just an example). Why? Because he entertained them and they wish him well. I don't want Bryan to win, I want him at a top spot, seeing him do well (win or loss, I don't care that much).

I don't think he's badass because he wins.. 80% of the audience knows it's staged. I think Bryan is a cool dude because he worked to get there, because he runs with the gimmick and gives it his best, because he's good at what he does.

When I see Ryback, I see a guy that gets what he gets because someone gives it to him. Sure, Reeves (Ryback) works hard to be where he's at, but most jobbers work hard too and still job.
His moveset is pretty good and he's a pretty quick big guy, his tights are ridiculous in my opinion, but all I really see is Vince and his cronies sitting behind the stage wanting to shove this dude down my throat, which doesn't make me hate him, but makes me just not care at all. All the positive is cancelled by the negative, leaving me with no emotion at all when he comes out.

DK Wrestling Savior
08-16-2012, 10:47 AM

Um....why?

Playboy Stevie V
08-16-2012, 12:52 PM
I can only see good things out of this feud. They are already going to push Ryback to the moon, as it seems. But now they are giving Jinder some camera time and a chance for a push. It's a win win on both sides, so why not do it? You have people complaining, me included, about the same old same old be pushed and the young mid carders being ignored. Jinder is getting some spotlight he regularly doesn't, so that's good IMO.

Cabers
08-16-2012, 01:16 PM
Ryback won't stop until he beats Goldbergs win streak (of jobbers) and becomes the NEXT big thing.

Xosanj
08-16-2012, 02:40 PM

You mean Goldberg vs Batista?

Anyway Ryback is stuck where he is at for one its hard to make a story with someone that cant speak much and is as big as he is. Hard to see him lose period even to a cheesy pre attack before a match shit. He either needs to get better on a mic and start cuttin promos to define him a lil better. Or have someone that he can go against define him. Batista had feuds with HHH and Edge that helped him out greatly with what he was. Given Batista mic work was better and hes gimmick less chessy, but they need to put someone to feud with for MORE THAN 3 WEEKS, to help air him out.

justin sane
08-16-2012, 04:42 PM
I must be one of the only people who really digs Ryback. We havent seen a dominant "monster" character who could move like him in a long time. Sure Henry, Kane, Vader, Bundy, Earthquake, etc could squash you, but not since Goldberg, and before him the Ultimate Warrior, has there been a monster that's actually in shape and quick, and I enjoy the power displays of carnage myself.

rated.moe
08-16-2012, 05:10 PM
ryback vs goldberg and goldberg spears ryback in 18secz! He wins, simple ryback jobs to goldberg. I.m sure all u internet smerks will be happy then.

Automatic
08-16-2012, 05:42 PM
The fact that Ryback is slotted in a feud with Jinder Mahal, is absolutely ridiculous.

I personally don't care that much for Ryback, but if you wan't to create a star, his first feud shouldn't be with Jinder Mahal. He has already been slotted in the low-card position on the card.

I also don't understand what they still see in Jinder Mahal. Limited wrestler with no particular stand out charisma. Yes, he has the potential back-up of 1.2 billion people, but wrestling has never drawn strong in India and it won't for a while.

BadAndy
08-16-2012, 07:30 PM
Goldberg was one of the top worst ideas in WCW. I'm not sure what the obsession is. Goldberg was not a wrestler in great shape. He was a not a wrestler with an original gimmick. He was not a wrestler with a great set of skills in the ring by any means. He was a wrestler that got into the ring and hurt people. If that's how you guys are comparing him to Ryback, I sure hope Ryback never becomes that guy.

Automatic, watch the recent gold rush with Mahal in NXT. His matches were actually pretty good. I'm not very big on either wrestlers, but I'd hate for WWE to do nothing with them, release them, and have people forever whine that they never got a chance to do anything for WWE. Here's their chance to try to change people's minds.

Rick BoA
08-16-2012, 08:24 PM
I like Ryback and am happy that they are giving one of the 'superstars superstar' some time on Raw.

Ryback is an interesting character and if developed correctly he should be big. Just no more squash matches, please.

bearkg88
08-16-2012, 09:24 PM
ryback vs goldberg and goldberg spears ryback in 18secz! He wins, simple ryback jobs to goldberg. I.m sure all u internet smerks will be happy then.

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120402163547/dragonball/images/d/d3/Afro-shaking-head-no.gif

goodomens
08-17-2012, 01:16 AM
I must be one of the only people who really digs Ryback. We havent seen a dominant "monster" character who could move like him in a long time. Sure Henry, Kane, Vader, Bundy, Earthquake, etc could squash you, but not since Goldberg, and before him the Ultimate Warrior, has there been a monster that's actually in shape and quick, and I enjoy the power displays of carnage myself.

exactly. and i really like the way he carries his character, his in ring gestures etc. i just don't like the "feed me more" thing, especially in his entrance music. lol. cheesy as balls.

SgtGohan
08-17-2012, 05:13 AM
well he is 23-0 right now so he is a long way to go if he wants to beat goldbergs streak. which means alot more boring crap for us fans so no thank you

Mr. Ziggles
08-17-2012, 05:20 AM
Um....why?

Because I feel that Matt Morgan is one of the only people who could make Ryback look vulnerable.

Then after he has looked vulnerable, it won't look so silly when he gets beatdown by others.

Imagine if Christian was the first one to beat him up, it would look stupid.

Automatic
08-17-2012, 06:33 AM
Because I feel that Matt Morgan is one of the only people who could make Ryback look vulnerable.

Then after he has looked vulnerable, it won't look so silly when he gets beatdown by others.

Imagine if Christian was the first one to beat him up, it would look stupid.

He has already looked vulnerable, by fucking Curt Hawkins and Tyler Reks.

2 jobbers.

Thepidgeonhunter
08-17-2012, 07:00 AM
Honestly I don't care at all. I feel both Mahal and Ryback are rather bland workers who are quite good in the ring, but that's all about them. I don't buy Ryback's gimmick. I don't really know if he's a cyborg, a human or an orc. No idea. Whenever he's on TV, I fast forward because I'm sure what will happen - he'll squash somebody. I think the reason why I dislike him is because he's one of Vince's monster toys and he receives a push for just being big and intimidating. It's funny that the 'goldberg' chants are not ending. He started to get some reaction after about 3-4 months ... As for Mahal I'm indifferent, at first I was impressed but then I stopped caring.
We will probably have Ryback at Summerslam, most likely fighting Mahal. Hope they'll make it short.

Dubs
08-17-2012, 01:42 PM
I like Ryback and am happy that they are giving one of the 'superstars superstar' some time on Raw.

Ryback is an interesting character and if developed correctly he should be big. Just no more squash matches, please.
Agreed. I'm just happy that Ryback is in an actual feud. Once this Ryback/Mahal feud is over, I see him feuding with either Damian Sandow or The Miz.

BadAndy
08-17-2012, 03:53 PM
Agreed. I'm just happy that Ryback is in an actual feud. Once this Ryback/Mahal feud is over, I see him feuding with either Damian Sandow or The Miz.

I'd rather it be The Miz. I kind of see a ceiling for Ryback but not Sandow. They are putting both against newer guys in feuds right now. I'd like to see both their next feuds to be against more established wrestlers. Ryback against the Miz would put Ryback over HUGE since Miz garners such great heat. Sandow against Rey or somebody like that would be best, simply because it would be him against the big face. Look at what Punk did against Rey with the SES. Losing to Rey did nothing to hurt Punk's career either. I think that would be a big win for both.

Rick BoA
08-26-2012, 04:55 AM
Ryback should be put into a feud with Orton. Orton puts him over and if Ryback is good enough push him into the title picture.

steveorton
08-26-2012, 07:09 PM
I agree with the OP they could have done alot better in terms of execution of the storyline as well as in choosing someone for the storyline like Mason Ryan. Ryback has not convinced me so far though, yes he has some good moves and a catchy phrase but what else, character wise. Time will tell I assume.

Dennis
08-26-2012, 09:12 PM
I think it's smart to put him against jinder. jinder is a big guy as well, he needs the air time, and they can help get each other over. I'm not seeing a problem matching these two against each other.

Double Axehandle
08-26-2012, 09:18 PM
Ryback should be put into a feud with Orton. Orton puts him over and if Ryback is good enough push him into the title picture.

Randy is too fragile, he's had multiple injuries in the past few years so putting him in with ol' roidy might end his career. Either that or orton survives the botches then runs to the back an Roidback is FE'ed.