PDA

View Full Version : Boiling Point Prediction Contest Results & Review

Robareid
08-16-2012, 02:20 AM
Review

Overall, if I'm honest, I thought this show was good. Looking at it on face value, just taking the match quality, booking logic and production, I though it was good. The only problem was, this was an ROH iPPV, and people have become accustomed to more than good.

Roderick Strong vs. Mike Mondo - ***1/4
Contract Match - QT Marshall vs. Matt Taven vs. Antonio Thomas vs. Vinny Marseglia - **3/4
Proving Ground - Bob Evans vs. Adam Cole - **1/4
Michael Elgin vs. Charlie Haas - **
The Briscoes vs. S.C.U.M. - ***
Two out of Three Falls - Tommaso Ciampa vs. Jay Leathal - ***1/2
Mixed Tag - Edwards & Del Rey vs. Team Sexy - **3/4
World Championship - Kevin Steen vs. Eddie Kingston - ***3/4

The opener was everything a opener should be, fast paced, got good time and really heated the crowd up. Mondo legit broke Strong's nose in this one, right at the begining, but he battled through and they put on a really good opener together.

Next up was a four way match for an ROH contract. It wasn't given too much time, but it ended up being a decent match for the time given. Matt Taven was the standout guy in this match, but he's headed to the 'E, so they couldn't pick him. QT Marshall also looked pretty good, and he's decent on the mic too, so that looks to be a good addition to the roster.

The next match was pretty crap. Then again, it had Brutal Bob in it, that was to be expected. It was slow paced, boring, and for some reason a manager dominated the TV champion for a good 70% of the match. The only saving grace was that Cole won.

The next match was really bad too. It was way too slow paced, and really boring. However, it did serve to finally advance advance the HoT breakup, so at least it wasn't a complete waste. Not good though, and the fact that there were two matches like this in a row meant that this section of the show really dragged. It really put a negative vibe on the show, which was a shame, because of the good start and the good finish to come.

The tag match brought the show back to life. Four relative veterans, and they brought the crowd back to life. A nice fun tag match, and it was all uphill from here.

Ciampa vs. Lethal was suprisingly good, given the fact that Ciampa blew out his knee within the first minute. In fact, the match they managed to put out was pretty amazing considering that, so big props for that. However, "Unbeatable" Jay Leathal won again *sigh*

The mixed tag match had one major flaw... It wasn't a mixed tag match, it was an intergender tag match... Minor gripe though. For what it was, it was decent. A nice fun match, but not a lot more than that. Next.

Now onto the main event! Kingston vs. Steen! I had high hopes for this one... and they didn't really live up to them. It was a good match, it was a great, but not a brilliant match sadly. It had lots of great spots, but there was really too much downtime. I would have prefered this to be a regular match, instead of a no rules match.

They keep puting Steen in these hardcore matches, an there's a rumour that that's because Steen can't really go anymore, and this match would tend to support it. He looked really blown up about half way through, and that's sad. Steen used to really be able to go, but he's progressively got bigger, and apparently now his weight is catching up to him. I may be wrong though, but I'd like to see him in a regular match and put on a great showing.

Results

1st - Dr Death - 166
2nd - Cabers - 159
3rd - magglis - 146
4th - Robareid - 139
5th - AWrestlingGod - 125
6th - Dubs - 120
7th - VanHooliganX - 112
8th - jordan1995 - 109

So congratulations again to Dr Death, you seem to be putting together a string of victories now. I'll go update the overalls now.

Robareid
08-16-2012, 09:52 AM
Added review

jordan1995
08-16-2012, 03:17 PM
thats fucking annoyed me !

but i thought it was a pretty decent show, loved the part in the main event when steen said " that makes sense go past all the tech equipment" and then brought up the fact they always lose the IPPV feed haha was awesome.

And it reminded me how much i love Rodrick strong

Dr. Death
08-16-2012, 08:28 PM
That's so cool for me to win again. :cool: I hope I can keep this up.

magglis
08-16-2012, 08:33 PM
I missed a few damn it.Can someone pm if you see me not participating in a contest

AWrestlingGod
08-16-2012, 09:03 PM
I'll take 5 Predicted all the main event matches correctly haha good stuff