PDA

View Full Version : CM Punk to be paired with Paul Heyman?!?!

FLWWEFan
08-15-2012, 03:46 PM
Was reading this article...

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2012/0815/555295/cm-punk-paul-heyman/

Pretty interesting if this does happen. Many possibilities could come from this.

Lucas Chapel
08-15-2012, 04:02 PM
I'd love to see these two have a series of matches and then eventually form an allience managed by Heyman!

The_Socal_Guy
08-15-2012, 04:02 PM
This could work with Paul and Punk heading up a mid-card stable. I would really like to see Paul stick around after Brock. He is one that could lead the mid-card talent alone and would make a great storyline.

YOUcanCALLmeCRACK
08-15-2012, 04:31 PM
Am I the only one that sees how much of a waste this would be? Why give a guy who is great on the mic a manager who is great on the mic? Give Heyman to Cody or Barrette or someone who could use the guidance.

TNA 'The very best'
08-15-2012, 04:47 PM
Punk doesn't need a manager. He can talk on the Mic, The only way it would work is if it was a stable.

ThatSebangGuy
08-15-2012, 05:23 PM
Double dose of epic mic skills could work, i don't know how this could be "bad".

Dubs
08-15-2012, 05:26 PM
Punk doesn't need a manager. He can talk on the Mic, The only way it would work is if it was a stable.
I don't think it's about helping CM Punk get over with his persona rather than having Paul Heyman use his character to play off of a character like CM Punk's. There are a lot of pairings where a certain wrestler doesn't need a manager but it helps with whatever storyline they are in to make their heel turns compelling to watch. Think of it as a Hulk Hogan and Eric Bischoff type pairing back in WCW or even a Rock and Vince Mcmahon corporate type pairing back in the Attitude Era. Both guys didn't need managers but it played off of their character in an interesting way. Having a pairing between the two will be interesting, that's for sure. If done right, it can be entertaining and much fascinating to see what they'll do as a pairing storyline wise. It would make perfect sense to have them paired up given the whole "I'm a Paul Heyman guy." line. I would love it if they were to use the time where Paul Heyman tried to push for CM Punk as the top guy back in 2006 but the WWE officials (well, mostly Vince) didn't see anything in him just yet. It would add a lot of logic as to why CM Punk and Paul Heyman are pairing up in the first place. If this were to ever happen, It would be great.

BadAndy
08-15-2012, 05:40 PM
Am I the only one that sees how much of a waste this would be? Why give a guy who is great on the mic a manager who is great on the mic? Give Heyman to Cody or Barrette or someone who could use the guidance.

In a dream world this would be a perfect pairing. Where Punk is in his career, it would be terrible. Like you said, great mic skills don't need a manager to go along with them. I think Cody and Wade are good on the mic but I think Heyman would just be the thing to kick it up a notch. I think that would be a great pairing. I'm jumping on your bandwagon!

the-rocks-stunner
08-15-2012, 06:57 PM
I'd mark the fuck out, everyone would! Needs to happen...

G.G.G.
08-15-2012, 08:59 PM
Not trying to get off topic here but it also said there was talk of having Laurinaitis manage Swagger. If that means Swagger can get on TV I am all for it. Please get Swagger back on my TV. :)

Anyways, while I don't think Punk needs Heyman (Paul would be much better with getting a guy like Swagger back to the top of the card) I do think it will eventually happen. Both men have so much respect and admiration for each other, and we know about their past. While they may not need each other, down the line it would happen, and I could see some interesting things happen with these two.

WWEYoungGun
08-16-2012, 10:28 AM
Punk doesn't need nobody to Help Elevate his career he can do that all by himself

FLWWEFan
08-16-2012, 11:01 AM
Punk doesn't need nobody to Help Elevate his career he can do that all by himself

This is nothing to do with elevating careers. From reading it Punk/Heyman have some sort of major angle drawn up with them teaming up together. It could be something really big especially with both guys being creative it could possibly be very interesting.

Mikeyboy7777777
08-16-2012, 12:26 PM
paul heyman is the manager wwe needs not the manager that it deserves nah kidding paul heyman heading a heel stable all the way into survivor series? i mean come on triple h is said to be high on mcintyre and mcgillicutty both are stable types of people and could use a manager with the genius of paul heyman. Since AW is gone and the PTP's won't fit right with paul heyman (never really liked them better than the other tag teams anyway not more than a filler tag title run for the usos to become champs), but cocky talented heels headed by cm punk and managed by paul heyman can make the wwe interesting, but first let paul heyman manage cm punk for a couple of months then slowly add a couple of more members if the time is right if it isn't don't do it simple as that it can also build some faces paul heyman was said to want to work with the usos? well why not build the usos as tag champs up instead of jobbers then maybe have the ascension as the heyman tag team? sorry i'm having too much ideas some are not so well thought off but i just reignited the things that made me love wrestling from when i watched my first show.

Cabers
08-16-2012, 01:10 PM
If Heyman does hang around i think he should manage someone else i think Punk has everything covered.

TheGreatOne
08-16-2012, 01:34 PM
That would be awesome. Even the pairing of him and Lesnar than to have a match between the two at Survivor Series would be intriguing. I hope this happens!

jonTHESHOWOFF
08-16-2012, 02:52 PM
is it me are is PUNK acting like BATISTA now

johnnydropkicks
08-16-2012, 03:26 PM

practical like that, yeah, it's a waste. if it is part of a big angle though, then I'd take it. hell, I'd love it.

CMpunk3:16
08-16-2012, 08:47 PM
paul heyman has already shot down this rumor

BadAndy
08-16-2012, 11:43 PM
paul heyman has already shot down this rumor

Paul Heyman also shot down the rumor that he was going back to WWE and guess where he is now. The fact that Heyman was so adamant about this only gives this whole thing more credence.

AshleyPunk
08-17-2012, 05:18 AM
If anything he would ruin the career of Punk..
Punk got himself higher up the WWE on his own talent, ability and being able too stand up for himself... Heyman makes people runaway

BadAndy
08-17-2012, 03:46 PM
If anything he would ruin the career of Punk..
Punk got himself higher up the WWE on his own talent, ability and being able too stand up for himself... Heyman makes people runaway

Not true at all. Heyman is a gold mine. If WWE could secure him for a more permanent position then they would score big time. Wrestlers respect him and I think that HHH and the company does to. He is a shrewd business man, incredible heel and brilliant developer of wrestlers. Brock would be nowhere at the level he achieved without Heyman.