PDA

View Full Version : Which Superstars will be surprisingly released during WWE's annual house cleaning?

Dashing Rachel
08-15-2012, 03:12 AM
I like Cody Rhodes, Jack Swagger, and Beth Phoenix. Backstage politics regarding his failed wellness test has derailed Rhodes' push forever and with up-and-coming heels such as Damien Sandow and Antonio Cesaro making huge waves in the WWE, releasing Rhodes would not hurt the WWE roster heel-wise.

Swagger was another Superstar whose push came to a halt due to negative backstage behavior. As for the Glamazon, I would bet that the Twitter feud with Chelsea Handler resulted in her demotion.

Your thoughts?

PSOjedi
08-15-2012, 03:26 AM
Randy Orton

Dashing Rachel
08-15-2012, 03:33 AM
Randy Orton

Randy Orton isn't gonna be released. He's too popular a Superstar right now.

Wade Barrett 1979
08-15-2012, 03:35 AM
Randy Orton

Is this just before Triple H or after??

Darkside Ron Garvin
08-15-2012, 03:53 AM
I'm wondering if Tensia is on the list or if Vinney is still high on him.

Logic has me thinking that some of the midcarders who voiced their distaste might be on the list, but I don't see JTG, Ryder, or Santino on that list because that might be too high profile in wake of the AW/Campaign situation. I could see Rex/Hawkins and sadly the possibility of Trent Baretta

Mr. Ziggles
08-15-2012, 04:53 AM
Rhodes failed a wellness test? must of miss that one.

Anyway, I can see Evan Bourne going, and little Jimmy just to give R-Truth another Heel turn.

#bringbacklittlejimmy

Darkside Ron Garvin
08-15-2012, 04:59 AM
Rhodes failed a wellness test? must of miss that one.

Anyway, I can see Evan Bourne going, and little Jimmy just to give R-Truth another Heel turn.

#bringbacklittlejimmy

If I remember correctly, he had a false positive that was cleared on the second test. But I might be mistaken

As for Evan Bourne, I honestly forgot about that name, but I could see it happening. However, Evan has the ability to do moves that the kids all wanna see without pulling a Lesnar on live TV, so he might get to keep his spot... If he wants it at this point that is. I'd rather see him back in DragonGate honestly. More speed and creative freedom makes him look so much more devistating. Plus, if anyone has seen his work, Sydal plays a DAMN good heel. Something that WWE would never allow him to do since he has such an appealing look to the youth demographic

And I like the "little jimmy got future endevoured" idea. It'd make me laugh

FLWWEFan
08-15-2012, 05:43 AM
Here's my list

Alex Riley, Ezekiel Jackson, Yoshi Tatsu, Mason Ryan, Trent Baretta, you can add JTG to that list too despite of what happened with AW.

Automatic
08-15-2012, 06:03 AM
Nobody, because Linda McMahon is a JOB CREATOR~!

indysteve1563
08-15-2012, 08:11 AM
I think Evan Bourne is a given and I don't like Antonio Cesaro's chances either. Wouldn't hurt my feelings of they "future endeavored" David Otunga, the Chris Masters wannabe.

FLWWEFan
08-15-2012, 08:20 AM
I think Evan Bourne is a given and I don't like Antonio Cesaro's chances either. Wouldn't hurt my feelings of they "future endeavored" David Otunga, the Chris Masters wannabe.

Why you say that? He's fighting Santino for the US Title and is likely gonna win. He was just brought up from developmental as well. He isn't going anywhere anytime soon if you ask me.

tupelojoe81
08-15-2012, 08:51 AM
Drew McIntyre, T-Reks, Barreta, JTG, Johnny Curtis, Evan Bourne

possibly McGillicutty, Yoshi, Ezekiel Jackson, Hawkins.......

Wade Barrett 1979
08-15-2012, 08:51 AM
Why you say that? He's fighting Santino for the US Title and is likely gonna win. He was just brought up from developmental as well. He isn't going anywhere anytime soon if you ask me.

He's probably seen the 'story' on here that apparently the backstage staff are on the fence about him and if nothings happens now for him, it never will.

ut11smithcor
08-15-2012, 08:53 AM

This post is such pure genius, I am keeping it.

BadAndy
08-15-2012, 09:35 AM

These guys are in NXT/FCW right now. I don't see any of them going.

To the OP, are you high? There is no reason that WWE would even think of getting rid of Rhodes. He never failed a wellness test. I think the guy had been going full tilt that they gave him some down time. He's now making his way right back into the spotlight.

PandaMassacre
08-15-2012, 09:55 AM
It really sucks that anyone would have to lose their jobs. =/ But then again I think some of these talents could benefit more by going to different companies. I am tired of Trent being off television. I would love to see him in TNA performing for the X-Division.

bartish2
08-15-2012, 10:16 AM
evan bourne, jack swagger, reks, hawkins, baretta, ryder, JTG, johnny curtis, otunga, mcgillicudy... regardless of who gets cut there is going to be a lot when it happens

cmadel96
08-15-2012, 11:53 AM
Antonio Cesaro making a huge wave? I don't think so, but Sandow I agree with. I don't think they would want to release Cody, he is with no doubt a future world champion. But they just dont have anything for him now, so they just gave him a fued with Sin Cara. Plus Cody had a prescription for the drug, hope I cleared that up. So WWE have no problem with him. Trent will probably get fired.

AshleyPunk
08-15-2012, 11:56 AM

Agreed
Maybe, Rosa??

cmadel96
08-15-2012, 12:02 PM

I just read the smackdown spoiler, turns out Hawkins and Reks squashed two local competitors. Hope thats means the start of something great for them.

SilverGhost
08-15-2012, 12:25 PM
Half of the guys mentioned are on NXT.

The other half is in the frustrated list.

WWE wouldn't release them....yet.

Cabers
08-15-2012, 12:59 PM

Job creator my ass!! I'm fired because of her!! Oh AW telling it like it is haha

PandaMassacre
08-15-2012, 01:15 PM
Job creator my ass!! I'm fired because of her!! Oh AW telling it like it is haha

I refuse to vote for Linda. Not only does she take money away from the WWE product but she also supports censorship of the internet, and she is just a down right liar.

Dashing Rachel
08-15-2012, 01:28 PM
I just read the smackdown spoiler, turns out Hawkins and Reks squashed two local competitors. Hope thats means the start of something great for them.

I think Curt Hawkins and Tyler Reks will be Kofi Kingston and R-Truth's next challengers for the WWE Tag Team Championship because I don't think that the Primetime Players will exceed without AW. AW was always their heat magnet.

As for Rhodes, I know there are some people that believe that Rhodes is a former World Champion. But Rhodes is a guy that I think is overrated. IMO, he won't have a match at Night of Champions (I expect Santino Marella's opponent to be Damien Sandow while I see The Miz getting his rematch clause against Rey Mysterio who I think will be the new Intercontinental Champion at SummerSlam).

In the meantime, I expect Rhodes to continue to make regular appearances on WWE Superstars as well as jobbing to the likes of Randy Orton, Sheamus, Brodus Clay, and Ryback during his limited appearances on SmackDown.

It's very sad considering that Rhodes is a very talented wrestler but in the end, it's backstage politics that determine who gets pushed and who gets buried.

DK Wrestling Savior
08-15-2012, 02:54 PM
It really sucks that anyone would have to lose their jobs. =/ But then again I think some of these talents could benefit more by going to different companies. I am tired of Trent being off television. I would love to see him in TNA performing for the X-Division.

Amen. Guys like Trent Beretta and Evan Bourne would make the X Division awesome. I love it.

Automatic
08-15-2012, 03:05 PM

YOU OBVIOUSLY DON'T FOLLOW HER CAMPAIGN.
SHE HAS CREATED 600 JOBS IN CONNECTICUT.
I WILL VOTE FOR HER. EVERYBODY SHOOT VOTE FOR HER.

voteordie

Cabers
08-15-2012, 03:21 PM
YOU OBVIOUSLY DON'T FOLLOW HER CAMPAIGN.
SHE HAS CREATED 600 JOBS IN CONNECTICUT.
I WILL VOTE FOR HER. EVERYBODY SHOOT VOTE FOR HER.

voteordie

Puff Daddy or P Daddy or Daddy or P or Diddy or Did whatever he calls himself lol

Linda McMahon vs. Random Democrate

Lets see what the WWE universe wants to see!

Street Fight ~~~~~43%
Political Debate ~5%
Future or FE'D ~~~~~~~~~52%

It'll be a slobberknocker!!! #sauceit

Automatic
08-15-2012, 03:29 PM
Puff Daddy or P Daddy or Daddy or P or Diddy or Did whatever he calls himself lol

Linda McMahon vs. Random Democrate

Lets see what the WWE universe wants to see!

Street Fight ~~~~~43%
Political Debate ~5%
Future or FE'D ~~~~~~~~~52%

It'll be a slobberknocker!!! #sauceit

You obviously don't know the WWE Universe. Every time a streetfight is in a poll, it wins.
And technically you can't fire people who aren't under contract.

Cabers
08-15-2012, 03:45 PM
You obviously don't know the WWE Universe. Every time a streetfight is in a poll, it wins.
And technically you can't fire people who aren't under contract.

Ah come on now WWE makes up the results themselves 87% (;) Joey Ryan) of people know that!

Automatic
08-15-2012, 04:46 PM
Ah come on now WWE makes up the results themselves 87% (;) Joey Ryan) of people know that!

I don't think they rig those polls. For some strange reasons people are DETERMINED to see those street fights.

TempestH
08-15-2012, 04:56 PM
Why is it that whenever one of these threads come up, people just simply list every low card wrestler? Sure WWE only cares about it's main event talent, but what happens when JTG, Ryder, etc. are gone. That means that the guys higher up like Miz, Christian, and Bryan end up becoming the new jobbers.

HeelTurn
08-15-2012, 04:59 PM
Everytime there is a clearing out of stars its includes some shocks (Shelton and Mickie for example) so asides from the usual guys who knows. I can't really think of a clear out since before Edge retired.

Dashing Rachel
08-15-2012, 05:27 PM

Everytime there is a clearing out of stars its includes some shocks (Shelton and Mickie for example) so asides from the usual guys who knows. I can't really think of a clear out since before Edge retired.

That is correct.

BadAndy
08-15-2012, 05:37 PM
I'm wondering if Tensia is on the list or if Vinney is still high on him.

Logic has me thinking that some of the midcarders who voiced their distaste might be on the list, but I don't see JTG, Ryder, or Santino on that list because that might be too high profile in wake of the AW/Campaign situation. I could see Rex/Hawkins and sadly the possibility of Trent Baretta

You know, Tensai was a weird hire to begin with. I'm not sure why exactly they brought him back. I think they still have another half a year to year left of something they might do with him before he's gone. I just don't see him as a long term roster member.

eyehatecena
08-15-2012, 08:52 PM
I am think Evan Bourne- great in the ring- but two suspensions have really hurt him. Same for Rey. Sadly Orton is not punished that way- sure he got his suspenions- sure he was a total douce bag a few years ago- WWE just has a hard on for him. When he has his 3rd violation- yes, he will sit out a year but then he will be back headlining.

Others who I think will be gone- Antonio(Claudio)- I am a fan of him from his indy days as Claudio- but I think WWE will drop the ball with him- just a gut feeling. JTG- surprised he is even still in WWE- especially after he spoke up. Nattie Neidhart- personally I see her just quiting- they should have built the divas division around her. Yoshi- bet you he wished he stayed in Japan- I hope he goes back and has a great career because in WWE- they have wasted him. Ted Dibiase, Joe Henning(Michael Migultfuckwhateverhislastnameis)- two great 3rd gen stars- wasted. The Rotundo brothers- who now go by Bo Dallas and Bray Wyatt- they should have already been called up before some of the others. Any others that took part in this last season of Tough Enough and were lucky to get signed- Andy and Ivieles have been canned- proving T E was a waste of time for all involved. They should have signed up Luke and Martin from T E too, but never did. Mistico will probably be gone soon(Sin Cara). Some random divas will be gone too so others can be called up and be worse than them. Drew, Ryder, Santino are probably not safe either

I also think anybody that gets a pedigree from HHH will be gone(I am talking about the spoilers for the shows and it says- HHH comes out and pedigrees ?????? after ?????'s match- this segement will probably not be aired)

Dubs
08-15-2012, 09:19 PM

I would hate to see Hawkins, McIntyre, and Tyler Reks get released. All three are great workers and can do so more other than job to other talent.

gravesismizfan
08-16-2012, 02:53 AM
What I would be surprised by santino and Ryder bein gone
Mcgillcuty is gonna be ok he's liked by hhh

Reks is gonna be Gone I like him but I think him yoshi Trent tensi Jackson And I pray not alex riley

bcfccalum
08-16-2012, 03:33 AM
I am think Evan Bourne- great in the ring- but two suspensions have really hurt him. Same for Rey. Sadly Orton is not punished that way- sure he got his suspenions- sure he was a total douce bag a few years ago- WWE just has a hard on for him. When he has his 3rd violation- yes, he will sit out a year but then he will be back headlining.

Others who I think will be gone- Antonio(Claudio)- I am a fan of him from his indy days as Claudio- but I think WWE will drop the ball with him- just a gut feeling. JTG- surprised he is even still in WWE- especially after he spoke up. Nattie Neidhart- personally I see her just quiting- they should have built the divas division around her. Yoshi- bet you he wished he stayed in Japan- I hope he goes back and has a great career because in WWE- they have wasted him. Ted Dibiase, Joe Henning(Michael Migultfuckwhateverhislastnameis)- two great 3rd gen stars- wasted. The Rotundo brothers- who now go by Bo Dallas and Bray Wyatt- they should have already been called up before some of the others. Any others that took part in this last season of Tough Enough and were lucky to get signed- Andy and Ivieles have been canned- proving T E was a waste of time for all involved. They should have signed up Luke and Martin from T E too, but never did. Mistico will probably be gone soon(Sin Cara). Some random divas will be gone too so others can be called up and be worse than them. Drew, Ryder, Santino are probably not safe either

I also think anybody that gets a pedigree from HHH will be gone(I am talking about the spoilers for the shows and it says- HHH comes out and pedigrees ?????? after ?????'s match- this segement will probably not be aired)

i dont agree with this, sells a lot of merch and is way too over with the kids. plus i think they may be trying to get the most out of him now as he may only be one more knee injury away from retirement

Donsburt
08-16-2012, 07:22 AM
You know, Tensai was a weird hire to begin with. I'm not sure why exactly they brought him back. I think they still have another half a year to year left of something they might do with him before he's gone. I just don't see him as a long term roster member.

Tensai won't go. Who else wants him???

BadAndy
08-16-2012, 07:41 AM
How long now have we had to go through the whole "annual house cleaning" and when it's all said and done next to nobody is gone. I'm not sure why half the developmental guys are on people's lists. I will tell you this. If you are thinking people will be gone because of the money thing being reported, you're most likely wrong. TNA doesn't pay as well. ROH pays worse. Other independents probably pay within the same realm of ROH or worse. The even bigger thing is this. Exposure. WWE is where they have the best chance at exposure to a wider audience and the better chance to become a superstar. I like TNA so this isn't a dig at them, but TNA is known for using most of the same old talent over and over again and taking wrestlers they have no plans for and just not using them for months at a time. No exposure whatsoever. Developmental talent will "wait" until they get their chance to be on tv if they can help it.

The Trinity, it's hard to call a cat like Bray Wyatt up to the big leagues when he's out due to injury. If I were many of these guys, I'd want to stick around in NXT because that show right now is doing just about everything right. It's going to catch on.

For now I'm going to have my own little checklist for who I'd personally like to see go, but I'll be more surprised if we have any gone if the cleaning does happen.

BadAndy
08-16-2012, 07:44 AM
Tensai won't go. Who else wants him???

Um, he could go back to Japan where he apparently was having a pretty successful career. If you look at what I said I said he's not a long term guy but won't be going anywhere right now. I see him being around for like a year longer before they feel they've used him enough and release him. Bloom will head on when Tensai runs his course.

WeDominate99
08-16-2012, 09:32 AM
Good Q

Zack Ryder, Reks after he turns on Hawkins and becomes a good guy (am I the only one who thinks this ?), Kofi, Bourne, Mark Henry and the diva's (they are just filling time on the show)

eyehatecena
08-16-2012, 09:40 AM
well yeah, with Bray Wyatt out with an injury they would not call him up now. I was talking about when he was Husky, they called him up, then moved him back to FCW in no time. For a big guy, he worked great, better than most big guys on the main roster. Plus he was just different. Now his Bray character is even better, but i am thinking too many injuries and you are gone. Unless you are a top teir guy. Look at how many times Batista was out, Rey out, UT out, HHH, out, HBK, Orton out- always had a spot. Ken Anderson gets hurt a few times he is out. Now Rey has one more suspension and he is gone- i think he would be released because of that before yet another injury.. And any that do get released, i hope they go elsewhere and do great. At least they will have time to actually have a life

Wade Barrett 1979
08-16-2012, 09:43 AM
McGillicutty and McIntyre won't get released.