PDA

View Full Version : Antonio Cesaro Summerslam

jackhalloween
08-13-2012, 08:19 PM
Saw that Antonio Cesaro, has a match at Summerslam. It's for the United States title. I remember on his FCW profile, it said his goal was to capture the US title and turn it into the European title. Does anyone thinks that's a possibility? I think it would be interesting. It could even put him over as a heel more.

Dameduse823
08-13-2012, 08:28 PM
It would be interesting for sure but I doubt it would really get him any heat, I know he was a big name in roh but this gimmick is just plain bad and the crowd reaction he gets are terrible. I hear more cheers and boos during diva matches

Great One
08-13-2012, 10:32 PM
I haven't really seen that many of his matches since I don't watch Smackdown that often but I think someone should take the title away from Santino I mean he's had it since like wrestlemania I think it's time to drop it and move on and give other people a title.

BadAndy
08-13-2012, 11:12 PM
Watch Cesaro's match from this past Smackdown. He has an awesome array of moves. He's got a fall away slam into a bridge pin that I love. I would love to have this guy as a champion. I do think they are very slow in developing his character. I think they brought him up not really sure what to do with him but are figuring it out now. He's going to be a good champion.

PSOjedi
08-14-2012, 12:47 AM
For me, he will win at Summerslam vs Santino Marella. I have no doubt about this, as Santino's reign is completely awful, stale, and because of the backstage thing. This will bring something new in the midcard scene. A good thing imo

Now, can you explain how, turning the US title into an European title, can make a heel more heel ?

Also US title sounds better than European title, so I hope this won't happen and I don't think it would bring something to the business. Useless thing so no.

ewantu2
08-14-2012, 06:37 AM
It would be interesting for sure but I doubt it would really get him any heat, I know he was a big name in roh but this gimmick is just plain bad and the crowd reaction he gets are terrible. I hear more cheers and boos during diva matches

Hes only just started give it time.

TheDevilsAdvocate
08-14-2012, 06:43 AM
He's a great talent that can get over as a massive heel. I'm just not a fan of his theme song. I don't even think the WWE production staff like it because every time he performs his entire entrance is cut from the show. However, when they do let the entrance play out and I hear that theme the first thing that comes to mind is a couple of Chip 'n Dale dancers coming out to that tune. For a guy who is that big and dominating inside of the ring should have a more beastly theme. Perhaps some viking metal?

midian
08-14-2012, 07:03 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AihpRiZgRHs

Should have left him with this theme.

TheDevilsAdvocate
08-14-2012, 07:29 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AihpRiZgRHs

Should have left him with this theme.

That is perfect for him. His current theme is a major step down from that.

Cabers
08-14-2012, 03:19 PM
Saw that Antonio Cesaro, has a match at Summerslam. It's for the United States title. I remember on his FCW profile, it said his goal was to capture the US title and turn it into the European title. Does anyone thinks that's a possibility? I think it would be interesting. It could even put him over as a heel more.

All these matches end with a face win so possibly in the future not this sunday sadly.

Viperfish
08-14-2012, 05:10 PM
Cesaro's current theme is awful... like Wade Barrett-level awful with that punk-ish theme he was using just before getting injured. That arm cannon thing that he does is awful. The rugby player gimmick is awful, but at least can have a bit of potential.

The problem with WWE is that they come up with these gimmicks and traits but don't follow through with anything. Cesaro's apparently a rugby player... what has he done to strengthen the gimmick on TV? Sandow's the intellectual savior of the masses... what has he done to strengthen the gimmick on TV? AW's is(was) the owner of All World Promotions... well what the fuck is that? Care to explain it to us and show us what it is? Care to create an actual entity out of it, even if it's a fake on-screen thing? The APA by contrast was something that actually existed. With AJ, we saw a proper follow-through. She's a crazy chick... and she did several things on TV to exhibit that.

If they really want to get Cesaro over as a champion of a lesser title, or at least start to, have him win the US title. Have him come out and denounce the US title as being a title not worthy of a true champion. Have him denounce Americans and American football, saying American football is a game for savage, unintelligent neanderthals... a befitting sport for Americans. Have him praise the UK and rugby, debut the European title again, and you have a guy(and he'd be the only guy I can think of on the roster right now) who is anti-American and the crowd can chant USA every time he comes out, and he can have easy "my country is better than your country" feuds with several people on the roster. Shit, he can even have a go with mister salute the troops himself John Cena with a feud like that. He can have allies like Wade Barrett, William Regal, and maybe even debut a guy from that part of the world in FCW/NXT(if they have one).

It's the lack of follow-through that's irritating for me.

BadAndy
08-14-2012, 07:02 PM
Cesaro's current theme is awful... like Wade Barrett-level awful with that punk-ish theme he was using just before getting injured. That arm cannon thing that he does is awful. The rugby player gimmick is awful, but at least can have a bit of potential.

The problem with WWE is that they come up with these gimmicks and traits but don't follow through with anything. Cesaro's apparently a rugby player... what has he done to strengthen the gimmick on TV? Sandow's the intellectual savior of the masses... what has he done to strengthen the gimmick on TV? AW's is(was) the owner of All World Promotions... well what the fuck is that? Care to explain it to us and show us what it is? Care to create an actual entity out of it, even if it's a fake on-screen thing? The APA by contrast was something that actually existed. With AJ, we saw a proper follow-through. She's a crazy chick... and she did several things on TV to exhibit that.

If they really want to get Cesaro over as a champion of a lesser title, or at least start to, have him win the US title. Have him come out and denounce the US title as being a title not worthy of a true champion. Have him denounce Americans and American football, saying American football is a game for savage, unintelligent neanderthals... a befitting sport for Americans. Have him praise the UK and rugby, debut the European title again, and you have a guy(and he'd be the only guy I can think of on the roster right now) who is anti-American and the crowd can chant USA every time he comes out, and he can have easy "my country is better than your country" feuds with several people on the roster. Shit, he can even have a go with mister salute the troops himself John Cena with a feud like that. He can have allies like Wade Barrett, William Regal, and maybe even debut a guy from that part of the world in FCW/NXT(if they have one).

It's the lack of follow-through that's irritating for me.

I have to respectfully disagree with you. I really like his theme music. I also have started to enjoy the canons firing. I'm waiting to see how good he can be on the mic. I want them to do more with the multilingual aspect besides having him say a single word in multiple languages. They said he touted completely in another language and I'd like to see more of that. One way to get us American's steaming mad is to come out there and speak in a language we can't understand. ;)

I think they are finally developing his character, but if WWE is on the fence about him it's their fault. I think he's more than capable of doing better but has not had much to work with.

the-rocks-stunner
08-14-2012, 07:09 PM
Hope so, it's boring me the current design. Bring back the European title!