PDA

View Full Version : My Thoughts on Orton vs Barrett

mattwood
11-17-2010, 05:04 AM
Hi,

This is my first post after visiting the website religiously for the last 6 months. Keep up the good work guys :)

After watching one of the best RAW's for a very long time this week, that ending surely did suck. Why would they want to make Cena look like the champ, when he's not even involved in the Title Match this Sunday? Also, rolling back the years, Vintage RAW. Legends & HOF's all over the shop. And our esteemed Chairman, Vince Mcmahon wasn't even there? I thought at least he would cut one of his great promo's or be backstage in some cameo appearance.

Then it hit me, No Mcmahon. OF COURSE! The coma storyline was a great way of removing himself from WWE during Linda's senate run. However, it's over now. What's he doing now?? I'll tell you, sending e-mails to Coleslaw, that's what!!

I honestly expect Vince Mcmahon to reveal himself this Sunday at Survivor Series. It's even been noted on this website that the roster are completely in the dark. This is probably the biggest return Since HHH in 2002 or Y2J's second coming in '07.
I'm very aware of the controversy that Cena causes us fan's who have followed since Attitude or earlier, and everything he does is for the Kids and the PG era. Unfortunately, this works, creates $$$ in revenue and makes him the poster boy of the WWE. It surprises me that WWE creative haven't touched upon this fact apart from Batista v Cena and their disappoing I Quit Match.

I honestly feel that the match will go, and be a slobberknocker with it going both ways and the balance shifting several times throughout. What Cena said on Piper's Pit he will go with, he'll definitley call this down the middle. Orton will get the upperhand, something big will happen, a weapon, title belt shot maybe, followed by an RKO with a Definite 3 count, Cena's hand finally coming down for 3 (after about 10 seconds!) and the annoying iphone bleep from the GM will come down. Revealing Mcmahon himself.

The stipulation will be removed, Orton becomes champ, Cena stays and Wade Barrett becomes the heel. WWE needs more poster boys. HHH & Taker are injured and in the twilight of their careers and HBK's retired. This propels Barrett towards the very top, a good Heel, Nexus go on (until the Royal Rumble) we get a fantastic GM, everyone's happy.

Look forward to reading your thoughts

CMhuw24
11-17-2010, 06:13 AM
I dont really see that happening.
I think there will be a definate outcome.
Wade Barret wins.
Or Randy makes Cena fired and he comes back in Royal Rumble or something.

mattwood
11-17-2010, 06:37 AM
I dont really see that happening.
I think there will be a definate outcome.
Wade Barret wins.
Or Randy makes Cena fired and he comes back in Royal Rumble or something.

I'm not so sure. If Cena is fired, he's surely Fired? Fair enough there are only 8 weeks until the Rumble, and if he was fired something major would have to go down for him to be re-employed. Surely it Can only be a Mcmahon who re-employs?

Cena is Mr WWE, there's no way they are going to Fire him, simply because of the $$$. As much as i hate everything that Cena stands for, there isn't a single superstar on the roster who comes close to him

mrbluto
11-17-2010, 08:09 AM
Barrett wins Cena is free, the ring is surronded by Nexus members waiting to jump Cena, instead they jump Barrett and beat him to death, Nexus lifts John Cena on their shoulder and he is the new leader of Nexus, and a heel.

SilverGhost
11-17-2010, 11:26 AM
Barrett wins Cena is free, the ring is surronded by Nexus members waiting to jump Cena, instead they jump Barrett and beat him to death, Nexus lifts John Cena on their shoulder and he is the new leader of Nexus, and a heel.

This deserves a like button.

This would be a sight to see.

There are two more ways: Miz cashes in the MITB and wins the title OR Miz cashes in and FAILS!

wallyman
11-17-2010, 12:24 PM
wade will win...but after the match i think cvena will beatdown wade....and miz will cash in...if miz doesnt cash in now i dont see ay other better time for him...and nexus will turn on wade i can see it...it seems utonga has everyone on their side.

Pittbull
11-17-2010, 01:07 PM
What I wanna know is who has gave Barrett the authority to fire Cena!?

Grinchin
11-17-2010, 01:27 PM
When Vince lost to Bret, the idea was to remove himself from the storylines as he feels he has done the evil boss gimmick to long and wanted to retire it.. Whjy would he come back in to play half a year later?

HITMAN
11-17-2010, 02:01 PM
this would be the only idea that i would like, im tired of cena, if he was a heel, it would be much more intreasting. and then him the leader of nexus and kicking barret out is genius.

JagerDave
11-17-2010, 02:18 PM
I see it similar to how a few others here see it going down, only with a slight twist. They've been building Otunga's claim that he's the "true leader" of The Nexus. The stipulation is Cena must take orders from the leader. So Cena is going to cost Barrett the title, the Nexus will surround the ring and Barrett will fire Cena only to have the switch come into play where Nexus beats down Barrett and removes him as official leader, Otunga takes over and for helping screw Barrett out of the title allows Cena his freedom from The Nexus.

MrFicII
11-17-2010, 03:15 PM
You guys are forgetting a very important subplot in all this - R-Truth. He has been in on the storyline for a few weeks and keeps asking Cena and Orton what is going to happen. I can see this happening - great match, Cena takes a hard bump, gets knocked out, R-Truth comes in to help Orton, but instead turns on Orton, cena awakens as barrett is on top, counts 3, Barrett wins title, cena unloads on barrett, and it goes back to the Cena-Barrett and Nexus storyline, and Orton feuds w/ R-Truth while on the peripheral.

MrFicII
11-17-2010, 03:17 PM
Just to clarify - it will be Cena v. Barrett w/ Nexus, R-Truth v. Orton.

With regards to The Miz, he will most likely attempt to do his MITB run-in at either the December PPV or the Rumble, but he will fail.

SevenCagedTigers
11-17-2010, 04:45 PM
Here is my totally kayfabe response to this. Lets all pretend were 8 again and we all think wrestling is real.

Miz won't cash in Money in the Bank while Nexus is around, because with the beat downs, numbers advantage and the run-ins, Nexus single-handedly controls who the champion is. They cost Cena the championship on two different occasions and Barrett's elevation has forced former champion Seamus out of contention.

So with Cena out of the picture, the Miz will single-handedly take on the role as being the new person to dismantle Nexus. Miz takes on a 'tweener role like Austin was, where he cuts heel promos but the fans are behind him due to his rhetoric, and Miz spends the next few months dismantling Nexus before cashing in Money in the Bank. Throughout it all, Cena goes to Smackdown, A-Ri betrays Miz and joins Nexus, Barrett has a lengthy reign, and David "Starscream" Otunga internally helps to dismantle Nexus.

Its never gonna happen, but I don't see Miz having a worthwhile championship run with Nexus around. It would be a waste of a nearly year-long push.

Silverdust
11-17-2010, 09:55 PM
So what do you think Miz should do?

K2Jelly
11-17-2010, 09:57 PM
So what do you think Miz should do?

Nothing. Absolutely nothing.

SilverCena
11-17-2010, 10:09 PM
Nothing? That aint gonna help Miz's rep! He's gotta make a move soon!

K2Jelly
11-17-2010, 10:11 PM
Nothing? That aint gonna help Miz's rep! He's gotta make a move soon!

Doesn't mean it has to be now.

SilverCena
11-17-2010, 10:15 PM
Doesn't mean it has to be now.

ahh, I see where your comin from! Bide his time, nice!

mr_tweek
11-18-2010, 01:37 PM
ahh, I see where your comin from! Bide his time, nice!

Despite the fact, that I'm not a Miz fan, I do have to give him props for biding his time. Anyone else would have tried to cash it in already. Kane for example didn't waste any time at all.