PDA

View Full Version : NWA Wrestling in Hollywood!

SilverGhost
11-17-2010, 12:45 AM
As a guy in LA, I am happy that the NWA is here.

http://nwahollywood.com/main/

I found out that they have a school! Maybe the SilverGhost will join in the future......

Edit: Full episodes are shown in the link I have provided!

Rich Cranium
11-17-2010, 12:47 AM
I'm a bit further north but that is great news!

Bodom
11-17-2010, 12:47 AM
As a guy in LA, I am happy that the NWA is here.

http://nwahollywood.com/main/

I found out that they have a school! Maybe the SilverGhost will join in the future......

http://reaction.ralfvandenboom.nl/img/9g6l67euzy.jpg

SilverGhost
11-17-2010, 12:50 AM
There are guys from ROH, TNA, and WWE there. Some are instructors. But they do hold shows.

After my education....I am going to wrestling school!

I wanna work my ass off to get that NWA World Heavyweight Championship!

TheDevilsAdvocate
11-17-2010, 10:38 AM
There are guys from ROH, TNA, and WWE there. Some are instructors. But they do hold shows.

After my education....I am going to wrestling school!

I wanna work my ass off to get that NWA World Heavyweight Championship!

Good luck brother!

SilverGhost
11-17-2010, 10:48 AM
Good luck brother!

That is a big IF though xD

I want to that badly. I asked friends of mine, they think I can make it.

But who knows?

SilverGhost
11-20-2010, 12:21 AM
I saw some of their matches tonight on TV. I may go to their big Dec. 8 show.

Oh their main event tonight was Colt Cabana vs Adam Pearce for the NWA WHC. Pearce won by low blowing Colt while the ref wasn't looking and hit his piledriver.

SilverGhost
11-20-2010, 01:00 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32rIxLx93WM

SilverGhost
12-03-2010, 09:04 PM
The last week's show had the following card:

The debut of Austin Aries.
Austin Aries vs Famous B (Great debut and great promo! He owned a fan at the same time)

Lucky O'Shea vs Ashley Summerlyn (ok womens match)

Joey Ryan cuts a promo for the main event.

The debut of Slymm. (Street Gangster gimmick)
Slymm vs Ray Rosas

Main Event:
Joey Kaos vs Joey Ryan(good main event match)

SilverGhost
12-05-2010, 03:05 AM
This week's episode had the following:

“Skullkrusher” Rasche Brown vs Rico Dynamite(NWA World Champ Adam Pearce came out before the match and angry that he had to defend his championship in the main event. "Skullkrusher" and Dynamite put up a good match but Skullkrusher dominated!) "Skullkrusher" wins.

Austin Aries cuts a promo.

A Talk with Willie Mack.

Announcement for next week: Three way tag team match for the Heritage Tag Team championships.
Rockness Monsters(c) vs Los Luchadores vs Natural Selection

Navajo Warrior from The Tribe vs Nick Madrid(This match.....full of botches.....) Navajo Warrior wins.

A Talk with Joey Kaos.

Main event: A big one!

Adam Pearce vs Willie Mack for the NWA World Heavyweight Championship
Special Guest Ref: Colt "Boom Boom" Cabana
(Before the match Colt explained that he will call the match in a fair manner. Announcers compare Pearce to Flair and Willie to Dusty Rhodes. This was a great match. First time seeing Willie Mack wrestle and he can move for a big guy, like Samoa Joe. He can throw kicks as well. Did a standing moonsault for a man his size!)

Match was a no contest unfortunately....

SilverGhost
12-10-2010, 11:59 PM
This week in NWA Championship Wrestling from Hollwood:(Episode Replays on Monday on the Link I provided)

Scorpio Sky talks about his attack backstage last week.

Scorpio Sky vs "Pretty" Peter Avalon and Joey Kaos (Joey Kaos didn't show up for the match till it was over BUT it was a good match)

Todd Chandler and Brandon Parker vs Anchors Away(Good tag team match)

"New York" Nikki vs Thunder Kitty( Oh god no.....I almost gagged with Thunder Kitty...."New York" Nikki reminds me of ODB....ok match...)

A little info on the main event: The Triple Threat Tag Team match is NOT for the Heritage Tag Team Championship....sorry about that o.o'

Main event announced next week: Colt Cabana, Willie Mack, Joey Ryan, and Scorpio Sky vs Peter Avalon, Joey Kaos, Austin Aries and the NWA World Heavyweight Champion Adam Pearce

Main event: RockNes Monsters vs Los Luchas*(Typo from last post) vs Natural Selection(MAN....great HIGH FLYING START!!!! Good tag team wrestling and high flying moves. 4/5 rating

Replay episode will show around Monday in the link I provided.

Bodom
12-11-2010, 12:11 AM
Thunder Kitty might just be one of the best ring names ever.

SilverGhost
12-11-2010, 12:20 AM
Thunder Kitty might just be one of the best ring names ever.

Oh man.....at monday look at the replay episode....You'll see what I mean.....I can't wait for next weeks main event!

Bodom
12-11-2010, 12:26 AM
Oh man.....at monday look at the replay episode....You'll see what I mean.....I can't wait for next weeks main event!

Just found footage of Thunder Kitty.

Meh. Rob would probably shag her.

SilverGhost
12-11-2010, 12:38 AM
Just found footage of Thunder Kitty.

Meh. Rob would probably shag her.

LOL she does have the Vickie figure :)

Rich Cranium
12-11-2010, 07:19 PM
LOL she does have the Vickie figure :)

If you excel in wrestling are you going to forget us?

SilverGhost
12-11-2010, 07:32 PM
If you excel in wrestling are you going to forget us?

Nah. I am not there yet but I won't forget this site.

Rich Cranium
12-12-2010, 12:33 PM
Learn the 'shining wizard'!

SilverGhost
12-12-2010, 12:35 PM
Muta would be pissed if I learned the shining wizard! I don't wanna disappoint him!

I'll probably use the shining apprentice.

Hey do you watch the wrestling here?

Rich Cranium
12-12-2010, 12:41 PM
I'll youtube it sometimes.

SilverGhost
12-12-2010, 12:43 PM
Use the link in the first page. They don't put matches in youtube for some reason.

SilverGhost
12-17-2010, 11:33 PM
12-17-10 (Replay shown at Monday in the link I provided)

First Match: Hawaiian Lion vs "Skullkrusher" Rache Brown

This evening was filled with promos so it reached to the main event.

Main event: Austin Aries, Joey Kaos, Peter Avalon, and NWA World Heavyweight Champion: Adam Pearce(The Standard) vs Scorpio Sky, Willie Mack, Joey Ryan, and Colt Cabana in a 8 man tag team elimination match.

Rich Cranium
12-17-2010, 11:44 PM
Are you going?

SilverGhost
12-18-2010, 10:54 PM
The Jan 8 show? Oh yeah definatley. I could just take one bus to Hollywood.

Oh Colt doing a springboard moonsault=epic

SilverGhost
12-24-2010, 11:19 PM
If you wanna see a show this week....

http://nwahollywood.com/main/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=51&Itemid=10

Click the video showng "The Main Event: Natural Selection vs RockNes Monsters"

Enjoy!

Kashdinero
12-24-2010, 11:37 PM
Not that I really know of many other NWA Afiliates these days, but Hollywood seems like it's last line of defense!

It does seem awesome though. Any promotion that employs Scorpio Sky has to know what their talking about!

SilverGhost
12-25-2010, 12:05 AM
Not that I really know of many other NWA Afiliates these days, but Hollywood seems like it's last line of defense!

It does seem awesome though. Any promotion that employs Scorpio Sky has to know what their talking about!

I've seen him go in the ring and I was hanging on in my seat xD

But what do you mean "last line of defense"? NWA is on life support?

Next Week: Colt Cabana vs Adam Pearce for the NWA World Heavyweight Championship! I wanna see Colt win it!

Kashdinero
12-25-2010, 12:30 AM
I've seen him go in the ring and I was hanging on in my seat xD

But what do you mean "last line of defense"? NWA is on life support?

Next Week: Colt Cabana vs Adam Pearce for the NWA World Heavyweight Championship! I wanna see Colt win it!

Not saying it's on life support, The NWA will never die. I'm sure there's loads of small federations (apart from Hollywood none spring to mind) across America that are affiliated with The oldest organisation out there. But Hollywood is obviously their "golden goose" so to speak.

Also Scorpio Sky has been one of my favourite indy guys since he lost his (wickedly awesome) mask. Which I didn't think possible because he was great in the old Revolution Pro Days.

Rich Cranium
12-25-2010, 12:34 AM
I thought Shane Douglas called the end of the NWA when he threw the title in the garbage and made himself the first ECW champ.

Kashdinero
12-25-2010, 12:39 AM
I thought Shane Douglas called the end of the NWA when he threw the title in the garbage and made himself the first ECW champ.

He definitely done them no favours!

I liked it when they were with TNA, it almost added a touch class to the federation.

SilverGhost
12-25-2010, 12:51 AM
Not saying it's on life support, The NWA will never die. I'm sure there's loads of small federations (apart from Hollywood none spring to mind) across America that are affiliated with The oldest organisation out there. But Hollywood is obviously their "golden goose" so to speak.

Also Scorpio Sky has been one of my favourite indy guys since he lost his (wickedly awesome) mask. Which I didn't think possible because he was great in the old Revolution Pro Days.

Ah now I get it! :)

Kashdinero
12-25-2010, 02:31 AM
Ah now I get it! :)

Did you ever see any NWA wildside?

BTW Merry Christmas SG!

SilverGhost
12-31-2010, 11:59 PM
12-31-10 (Episode is shown in the link)

Ray Rosas vs Famous B (a bit of botches but a good match to watch. Must see.)

Lucky O'Shea vs Thunderkitty(again? Really? Botch....fest.... I'm sorry)

(Scorpio Sky and Austin Aries talks about their match next week in the main event!)

They shown a Memoriam of wrestlers that passed away. Last person that they have shown was Lance Cade.(Shocked that he did some NWA matches)

Main Event: NWA World Heavyweight Championship match Adam Pearce vs Colt Cabana in a Hollywood Streetfight!(Good back and forth match! We had both men go through a table! There was a major botch. Check out this match.)

SilverGhost
01-07-2011, 11:10 PM
Hey wrestling fans!

I'll be going to Hollywood tomorrow for NWA wrestling!

Honestly, it will be my first wrestling show so I can't wait!

Bodom
01-07-2011, 11:23 PM
Your first ever?

In for a treat my friend.

Trip_Fisk
01-08-2011, 12:09 AM
Being a fellow So-Cali'en I know a lot of these indy stars. I had lost a lot of interest with Indy wrestling after working for an indy promotion out there. But they can be fun to go to. Super Dragon was da' shit. And if you really want to be a wrestler... dont. Go to school or take acting lessons.

I have proof I was a Referee at a wrestling show....

It is One of the Young Bucks holding up Joey Ryan, while my 19 year old self looks at it..

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y224/JonnyLightning/l_3a2e644cec56e49a0eccb04d1092dc77.jpg

Back in the old time of 2006, before I had a family and back when I thought I could be a wrestler....

my new dream is to be a Videographer.

SilverGhost
01-08-2011, 11:33 PM
Hey guys. I am back from the NWA show and it was really fun. I talked to Willie Mack before the show and he was a great guy.

Kashdinero
01-08-2011, 11:56 PM
Hey guys. I am back from the NWA show and it was really fun. I talked to Willie Mack before the show and he was a great guy.

Who wrestled who?

Did you tell Willie Mack he was talking to a future NWA Champion? ; )

Bodom
01-09-2011, 12:06 AM
Who wrestled who?

http://reaction.ralfvandenboom.nl/img/9g6l67euzy.jpg

SilverGhost
01-09-2011, 12:07 AM
Who wrestled who?

Lol no xD

It was alot to remember but I know there was Austin Aries vs Scorpio Sky II-great match

Natural Selection vs Skullkrusher and Slymm

Joey Kaos vs Willie Mack

NWA World Heavyweight Champ Adam Pearce vs Joey Ryan

20 man Battle Royal for Number One Contendership for the NWA World Heavyweight Championship

Man.....Austin Aries and Adam Pearce ripping on the fans was really funny! xD "If I wanted some shit, I would scrape it off your tounge!"

I started a Colt chant to end the whole show xD

Bodom
01-09-2011, 12:13 AM
I started a Colt chant to end the whole show xD

I'v never been prouder of you SG

SilverGhost
01-09-2011, 12:19 AM
I'v never been prouder of you SG

Lol I think you may see Colt point at a direction and that was towards mine. After I chanted, people chanted as well.

He was thewinner of the 20 man battle royal and is the number 1 contender for the NWA World Heavyweight Championship so I felt it was a good time to chant Colt's name lol

Kashdinero
01-09-2011, 12:27 AM
Lol I think you may see Colt point at a direction and that was towards mine. After I chanted, people chanted as well.

He was thewinner of the 20 man battle royal and is the number 1 contender for the NWA World Heavyweight Championship so I felt it was a good time to chant Colt's name lol

It's always a good time to chant Colts name!

I take it you'll be going back.

SilverGhost
01-09-2011, 12:30 AM
It's always a good time to chant Colts name!

I take it you'll be going back.

Being there early sucked as hell but the show made up for it. I'll go back. Those kids at the show annoyed me -.-

Kashdinero
01-09-2011, 12:48 AM
Being there early sucked as hell but the show made up for it. I'll go back. Those kids at the show annoyed me -.-

How did the arena look in person? Did you get the Hollywood feel?

I got to an ROH/FWA showway early and had to hang around with nothing to do for hours!

SilverGhost
01-09-2011, 12:51 AM
How did the arena look in person? Did you get the Hollywood feel?

I got to an ROH/FWA showway early and had to hang around with nothing to do for hours!

It was just a theater with the ring in the middle. Lol the show was in Hollywood so it did have that feel, especially when Joey Ryan was there.

Kashdinero
01-09-2011, 01:05 AM
It was just a theater with the ring in the middle. Lol the show was in Hollywood so it did have that feel, especially when Joey Ryan was there.

Joey is a legend! Does he still have the moustache?

Scorpio Sky v Aries. I'm jealous!

SilverGhost
01-09-2011, 01:08 AM
Joey is a legend! Does he still have the moustache?

Scorpio Sky v Aries. I'm jealous!

Yup he does! And that chest hair.

It was their second match together! I swear these guys can make each other famous.

SilverGhost
04-09-2011, 03:04 PM
Bump!

Hey guys. Feel free to use this thread if you watch NWA and talk about it.

I'm going to Hollywood tomorrow for their taping. Going to see Colt again! This time as World Champ!

HCollins-TNA1
05-12-2011, 12:12 PM
Tuesday, 10 May 2011 17:07

HOLLYWOOD, CA – May 10, 2011 – NWA Championship Wrestling from Hollywood is proud to announce the “Be The Star” Television Tournament, beginning at this Sunday’s NWA and KDOC-TV Los Angeles television tapings at the Showcase Theater in Hollywood.BeTheStarBlack

“We’re excited to introduce this new concept on the television program,” said David Marquez; Executive Producer. “It will present a brand-new motivation to each and every one of our competitors looking for a chance at the NWA World’s Heavyweight Title. Becoming the ‘Be The Star’ TV champion will catapult a wrestler to a new prominence and immediately raise their standing within the NWA.”

The inaugural “Be The Star” Television Champion will be crowned after an Eight-Man Single Elimination tournament, and wrestlers will have to win a preliminary qualifying bout in order to enter the “Be The Star” tournament. These eight preliminary qualifying bouts will take place THIS SUNDAY as part of the ninth ‘Championship Wrestling from Hollywood’ tapings.

“There is no down time for the Stars of NWA Hollywood,” said Joseph Franciosi; Producer. “The competition begins now, and once we know our eight tournament competitors, the stakes rise again, and everyone at NWA Hollywood is very excited.”

With that, the complete qualifying round has been released and the following bouts will be taking place this Sunday:

Nick Madrid v. Austin Aries

Scorpio Sky v. Cedric the Hitman

Willie Mack v. Joey Kaos

SoCal Crazy v. Freddy Bravo

Colt Cabana v. James Morgan

Disco Machine v. Todd Chandler

Ryan Taylor v. Peter Avalon

Joey Ryan v. Brandon Parker

HCollins-TNA1
05-12-2011, 12:13 PM
Hopefully this title, will show what a mid card title suppose to be and represent???

HCollins-TNA1
01-05-2012, 05:00 PM
Well today 1-5-12 is Willie Macks birthday....
Happy Birthday Willie Mack...

jordan1995
04-08-2012, 02:14 PM
Just like to say the last 3-4 shows have been great , steel cage match , 4 way match , pearce joining the family stone , and next week pearce vs cabana , as an Indy promotion at the minute its pissing on ROH TV shows.

HCollins-TNA1
04-08-2012, 11:04 PM
Just like to say the last 3-4 shows have been great , steel cage match , 4 way match , pearce joining the family stone , and next week pearce vs cabana , as an Indy promotion at the minute its pissing on ROH TV shows.
True...... and True.....

Dr. Death
04-27-2012, 10:11 AM
The NWA has announced a Best of Seven series for the NWA World Heavyweight Championship between current champion Colt Cabana and former champion Adam Pearce. The series is named "Seven Levels of Hate," and each match will feature a stipulation. Adam Pearce has also said his career is on the line also. The last time I saw a Best of 7 series was for the US Title with Magnum TA vs. Nikita Koloff. I hope this one can be as great as the previous one was.

HCollins-TNA1
04-28-2012, 05:31 PM
The NWA has announced a Best of Seven series for the NWA World Heavyweight Championship between current champion Colt Cabana and former champion Adam Pearce. The series is named "Seven Levels of Hate," and each match will feature a stipulation. Adam Pearce has also said his career is on the line also. The last time I saw a Best of 7 series was for the US Title with Magnum TA vs. Nikita Koloff. I hope this one can be as great as the previous one was.
Looks like it will be interesting and big thing it not excluded to other NWA territories!!!

SilverGhost
05-03-2012, 12:04 AM
I think later on in the year, I will go to NWA more often.

I have been to two of their shows and I really enjoyed it.

Dr. Death
05-03-2012, 07:13 AM
I think later on in the year, I will go to NWA more often.

I have been to two of their shows and I really enjoyed it.

It's been a really long time since I went to a NWA show, I don't think they have them in my area, but will check up on it.

Cabers
05-04-2012, 05:31 PM
Don't laugh now but i am watching NWA for the first time decided to start at episode 1 which i am watching now, current match TJ Perkins vs Joey Ryan :) so good haha

HCollins-TNA1
05-06-2012, 08:25 PM
Did anyone hear Chance Phophet on Talk NWA yesterday???

He talked of Pearce screwing him over in the World title match last July... and Pearce and his words at Battle of the Belts.... and the possiblity of a combine NWA promotion on the East coast made up of Smokey Mountain, Mountain State, Fusion and several other NWA promotions that could rival NWA Hollywood...

Cabers
05-07-2012, 04:36 PM
Did anyone hear Chance Phophet on Talk NWA yesterday???

He talked of Pearce screwing him over in the World title match last July... and Pearce and his words at Battle of the Belts.... and the possiblity of a combine NWA promotion on the East coast made up of Smokey Mountain, Mountain State, Fusion and several other NWA promotions that could rival NWA Hollywood...

That would be awesome more competition within an organisation is positive and NWA needs all the positive they can get.

SilverGhost
05-07-2012, 05:01 PM
Don't laugh now but i am watching NWA for the first time decided to start at episode 1 which i am watching now, current match TJ Perkins vs Joey Ryan :) so good haha

When you reach the Television Championship tournament, you may see me in the audience. (It is small but I am wearing the Nexus armband)

HCollins-TNA1
05-07-2012, 11:52 PM
That would be awesome more competition within an organisation is positive and NWA needs all the positive they can get.
True..... IMHO, NWA got the best talent right now or some of the best talent.... They need a larger place to be showcased, then the regional/territories....

jordan1995
05-08-2012, 01:35 AM
When you reach the Television Championship tournament, you may see me in the audience. (It is small but I am wearing the Nexus armband)

Is this the tournament which Scorpio won

i remember that ,pretty well

Cabers
05-08-2012, 03:50 PM

I will be looking fella!!

SilverGhost
05-08-2012, 09:54 PM
Is this the tournament which Scorpio won

i remember that ,pretty well

I will be looking fella!!

Yup. Far left in the screen lol

Cabers
05-09-2012, 03:55 PM
Keepin' it Gangsta ...... SLYMM

Promos airing for this guy holy stereotype ala JTG batman!!

05-11-2012, 04:29 PM
I have to say, when I am looking for a good indy fed to watch, I also look for a strong and steady women's division along with a men's division because I like variety in my wrestling. Looking at the women's matches, I must say I was impressed with their old division, but why have they phased it out now?? They had such great women in the forms of Buggy Nova, Candice, Christina Von Eerie, Shelly Martinez, Allison Danger.

Cabers
05-16-2012, 03:03 PM
Anyone here know if the Cabana vs Pearce best of seven series going to be for the show or is it just live events?

HCollins-TNA1
05-17-2012, 11:36 AM
Anyone here know if the Cabana vs Pearce best of seven series going to be for the show or is it just live events?
A mix of both I believe... 2 or 3 of the matches happening in Hollywood, 4 at various events across the country...

Cabers
05-18-2012, 03:21 PM
A mix of both I believe... 2 or 3 of the matches happening in Hollywood, 4 at various events across the country...

Ah right nice one i heard the First Blood match was good! I hope they show that.

jordan1995
05-18-2012, 03:40 PM
Over the last few weeks the video of the show has been jumpy for the first 10 mins , has anybody else had the same problem ?

HCollins-TNA1
05-18-2012, 06:17 PM
Ah right nice one i heard the First Blood match was good! I hope they show that.
They should they come on late Saturday Nights in California...

HCollins-TNA1
05-18-2012, 06:18 PM
Over the last few weeks the video of the show has been jumpy for the first 10 mins , has anybody else had the same problem ?
Yeah I think the big thing is the hand held cameras they use..... not as good as TV studio camera....

jordan1995
05-24-2012, 03:52 PM
Ended up reading the TNA spoilers for tonight , Joey Ryan faces Aries !!!

Cabers
05-25-2012, 05:26 PM
Ended up reading the TNA spoilers for tonight , Joey Ryan faces Aries !!!

Absolute beast of a match would be a good addition to tna but the roster is still overloaded he should stay right here in National Wrestling Alliance presents Championship Wrestling from Hollywood (Cheesiest smile to the camera ever)

HCollins-TNA1
07-31-2013, 09:27 PM
I seen Championship Wrestling Hollywood picked up on WWE loss (Matt Striker) I going have to start watching it again more often...