PDA

View Full Version : TNA Aug 9 Rating of 0.89...more excuses (NFL, Olympics, Mars Rover Landing, etc)

rofecoxib22
08-11-2012, 01:42 AM
Bottom line is TNA sucks...there is no getting around it....and yes i agree with the guy that said production wise it sucks...i mean look at how they cut Bully Ray off in his promo...they went to commercial out of nowhere while he was still talking...camera angles are shoddy.. acoustics suck...... crowd is dead..... and commentators are boring and dry....stop being delusional and call a spade a spade (thats your Aces and Eights reference X--0 ) when TNA management from the top down realizes that you can't just put crap on television and hope it sticks then and only then will it improve.....The best thing going right now for TNA is actually Joseph Parks and Bully Ray and when i bring up these two names its funny because both are in a storyline together and both are putting on the best performance hands down because Parks/Abyss has gone from being a one dimensional Hogan errand boy to a very intriguing character who has an alter ego this guy is honing his craft and it shows because he makes you ask the question " When is Parks gonna snap and reveal his alter ego of Abyss?"...there are so many sides to this guy...and Bully Ray is a doing awesome work....he is a believeable character as well....He makes you believe that he is this smug, nasty, no holds barred guy who would hurt you if you crossed his path....other than that TNA has nothing else to offer....Also The rating drop proves that Aries can't draw he can wear that Houdini cape all he wants but the only trick up his sleeve is that he had a few internet marks to make him the flavor of the month and like the sheep that they are TNA caved in and dropped the belt on someone who all i can see him really doing is yelling and spitting and turning red when he yells.... It got the rating it deserves and before the marks and fanboys start swinging from the trees and start climbing over the walls to come after me the ratings tell no lie so stop making excuses for a bad product.... have heard them all and they are and have run out...That whole company needs a serious scrub from top to bottom or they are in serious trouble which in some regards they already are.

number1undertakerfan
08-11-2012, 01:58 AM
I agree TNA sucks and its only a matter of time before they are bought by wwe and invasion 2 begins

TheRockerGother
08-11-2012, 02:04 AM
I agree TNA sucks and its only a matter of time before they are bought by wwe and invasion 2 begins
Here we go again with the WWE buying TNA you do know that if WWE did purchase TNA they would be no competition thus WWE would go downhill.

HCollins-TNA1
08-11-2012, 02:11 AM
LOL...... you new guys are kinda clueless....
Production don't suck..... then again it does but production has little to do with ratings....
It just the ratings isn't there on Spike as it use to be.... Spike has changed over the past 10 well even 20 years.... They really have no original programming other then 1000 ways to die, Deadliest Warrior, Bellator come this winter, MMA Live and Impact which draws the highest ratings on the channel.... If Spike would pick up Nascar or some other sport like arena football or such they could get new people watching.... But that very unlikely to happen !!

HCollins-TNA1
08-11-2012, 02:12 AM
In order for WWE to buy TNA, TNA most be for sale which it isn't last I check..... So don't expect that to happen anytime soon!!!

TheRockerGother
08-11-2012, 02:18 AM
BTW ratings don't mean shit half the time they have a small fan base but the show they had was great Angle vs A.J Styles is always a must see.

HCollins-TNA1
08-11-2012, 02:23 AM
BTW ratings don't mean shit half the time they have a small fan base but the show they had was great Angle vs A.J Styles is always a must see.
Good answer...... Ratings don't mean much other then for advertising these days... then again it don't even matter for advertising as it did years ago or for major sporting events or award shows... You had 3 great single matches last night with RVD and Magnus, AJ and Angle, and Storm and Bully Ray....

Mr. Ziggles
08-11-2012, 04:52 AM
Well, here in UK TNA gets higher ratings than WWE, I don't know the numbers, but yeah.

Maybe its because TNA is on free TV while WWE is part of a premium package (the most expensive one in the country I think), or maybe its because its like us Brits not to pretty and a little bit rubbish, but get the job done.

But as you said enough with the excuses. In the UK TNA>WWE.

timfeyenoord
08-11-2012, 05:46 AM
Well, here in UK TNA gets higher ratings than WWE, I don't know the numbers, but yeah.

Maybe its because TNA is on free TV while WWE is part of a premium package (the most expensive one in the country I think), or maybe its because its like us Brits not to pretty and a little bit rubbish, but get the job done.
But as you said enough with the excuses. In the UK TNA>WWE.

That bolded part is exactly the reason you can't compare the ratings of WWE & TNA...
You can't just say that everyone in your country has the same opinion as you.

On: I think the only thing I'm not enjoying in TNA currently is the AJ Styles/Claire thing.
Last Impact was another great show with Styles vs ANgle with the highlight...

Marx
08-11-2012, 06:04 AM
It's a shame. I like a lot of things going on in TNA at the moment. A month ago they were kicking WWE's ass.. though TNA has slumped recently, as they always do after a really good run. They don't seem to be able to spread the peaking: they peak, and slump. That is, alas, unprofessionalism.

jordan1995
08-11-2012, 08:10 AM
to all the WWE marks who say WWE will buy TNA , TNA sucks etc , have you seen the show lately , its been better than RAW and the last 4-5 PPV have been awesome and the card for Sunday night is great.

Production is bad ? really i wouldn't say so ?

Then TNA push new talent who deserve pushes , they push homegrown guys ,young guys and even hogan takes a bit of a backseat yet some idiots still complain, makes no sense to me what so ever.

LostOmega
08-11-2012, 08:29 AM
to all the WWE marks who say WWE will buy TNA , TNA sucks etc , have you seen the show lately , its been better than RAW and the last 4-5 PPV have been awesome and the card for Sunday night is great.

Production is bad ? really i wouldn't say so ?

Then TNA push new talent who deserve pushes , they push homegrown guys ,young guys and even hogan takes a bit of a backseat yet some idiots still complain, makes no sense to me what so ever.

^^^^^ This.

TNA us strides ahead of WWE right now in terms of entertainment. It's an outrage they don't have higher ratings.

Marx
08-11-2012, 09:16 AM

Note that I stuck up for TNA, so I'm not marking for WWE. But to be honest: WWE also has a lot of young talents on the show. People like to diss NXT, but I've been watching it weekly for months and like it better than Smackdown.

TNA had a awesome run the last three to four months and really kicked WWE's ass productwise. But I didn't like the last few Impacts: I have the feeling they don't spread the angles good enough. They had strong feuds that culminated in the last excellent PPV, now there is a lot of transition-work going on. I'm curious: do you agree with this assesment?

Poot-Hair
08-11-2012, 09:43 AM
Jesus Alverez Armando Juan the Flip Flop wearing Christ do people ever bitch whine and moan. I'm not a WWE mark, I'm not a TNA mark, I'm not a RoH mark, I'm a PRO WRESTLING mark. I watch them all for the good, the bad, and the ugly. Do I ever enjoy EVERY little part of a TNA show? No. Do I ever enjoy every single part of a WWE show? *Gasp* Hell no. Do I make a whole thread full...of.....periods........bashing.....TNA.....b ecause.....I....can't....form...full....sentences. Ummm, what is nope. If you don't like a part of a TNA show, change the channel. If you don't like a part of a WWE show, CHANGE THE FREAKIN' CHANNEL. Get over it and enjoy both products for what it is.

TNA has been far superior in terms of product compared to the WWE lately. Beside Raw1000 what has WWE done lately? Brock Lesnar? Really? HHH again? Really? A part time rock? AJ? At least with TNA we've had alot of good matches with the BFG series, a decent story with the Aces and 8's, no Hogan nor Bischoff, Young talent being pushed. Open Fight Night. Destination X. It's actually been pretty intriguing TV. Besides the God awful Claire Lynch storyline which makes me cringe, I've enjoyed TNA far better lately than the might 'E.

bartish2
08-11-2012, 10:12 AM
just because its not as publicized as wwe does not mean it sucks. learn the difference between a global company and a small company that mostly stays in 1 arena. of course ratings are not going to be 10's. of course there is also the fact wrestling is just not popular anymore thanks to wwe. wwe took over 60 years to get where they are today & took them a while to get out of 1 stadium to get fans. tna is growing at a faster rate. they are more edgier than wwe and have a better product. if you honestly think ratings determine the quality of wrestling you need to get your head checked. you cant expect a global popular company after only 10 years of existing, thats outrageous. also if you are going to sit there bashing tna while you defend wwe... you need some serious professional help lol.

also stop saying they will buy out tna. its not just as simple as wanting to and its done. TNA does not want to sell and never will.. also their product is better than wwe's in past few years so the real question to ask is... how fast will wwe fall to become wcw of 2001 and then tna buys them out?

bartish2
08-11-2012, 10:16 AM
TNA has been far superior in terms of product compared to the WWE lately. Beside Raw1000 what has WWE done lately? Brock Lesnar? Really? HHH again? Really? A part time rock? AJ? At least with TNA we've had alot of good matches with the BFG series, a decent story with the Aces and 8's, no Hogan nor Bischoff, Young talent being pushed. Open Fight Night. Destination X. It's actually been pretty intriguing TV.

exactly. wwe hasent done shit in years. bringing back old timers and part timers isnt going to fix the constant shitty product

VanHooliganX
08-11-2012, 10:59 AM
Bottom line is TNA sucks...there is no getting around it....and yes i agree with the guy that said production wise it sucks...i mean look at how they cut Bully Ray off in his promo...they went to commercial out of nowhere while he was still talking...camera angles are shoddy.. acoustics suck...... crowd is dead..... and commentators are boring and dry....stop being delusional and call a spade a spade (thats your Aces and Eights reference X--0 ) when TNA management from the top down realizes that you can't just put crap on television and hope it sticks then and only then will it improve.....The best thing going right now for TNA is actually Joseph Parks and Bully Ray and when i bring up these two names its funny because both are in a storyline together and both are putting on the best performance hands down because Parks/Abyss has gone from being a one dimensional Hogan errand boy to a very intriguing character who has an alter ego this guy is honing his craft and it shows because he makes you ask the question " When is Parks gonna snap and reveal his alter ego of Abyss?"...there are so many sides to this guy...and Bully Ray is a doing awesome work....he is a believeable character as well....He makes you believe that he is this smug, nasty, no holds barred guy who would hurt you if you crossed his path....other than that TNA has nothing else to offer....Also The rating drop proves that Aries can't draw he can wear that Houdini cape all he wants but the only trick up his sleeve is that he had a few internet marks to make him the flavor of the month and like the sheep that they are TNA caved in and dropped the belt on someone who all i can see him really doing is yelling and spitting and turning red when he yells.... It got the rating it deserves and before the marks and fanboys start swinging from the trees and start climbing over the walls to come after me the ratings tell no lie so stop making excuses for a bad product.... have heard them all and they are and have run out...That whole company needs a serious scrub from top to bottom or they are in serious trouble which in some regards they already are.

Bottom line is you need to learn what paragraphs are pal.

monctonvike
08-11-2012, 12:15 PM
Jesus Alverez Armando Juan the Flip Flop wearing Christ do people ever bitch whine and moan. I'm not a WWE mark, I'm not a TNA mark, I'm not a RoH mark, I'm a PRO WRESTLING mark. I watch them all for the good, the bad, and the ugly. Do I ever enjoy EVERY little part of a TNA show? No. Do I ever enjoy every single part of a WWE show? *Gasp* Hell no. Do I make a whole thread full...of.....periods........bashing.....TNA.....b ecause.....I....can't....form...full....sentences. Ummm, what is nope. If you don't like a part of a TNA show, change the channel. If you don't like a part of a WWE show, CHANGE THE FREAKIN' CHANNEL. Get over it and enjoy both products for what it is.

TNA has been far superior in terms of product compared to the WWE lately. Beside Raw1000 what has WWE done lately? Brock Lesnar? Really? HHH again? Really? A part time rock? AJ? At least with TNA we've had alot of good matches with the BFG series, a decent story with the Aces and 8's, no Hogan nor Bischoff, Young talent being pushed. Open Fight Night. Destination X. It's actually been pretty intriguing TV. Besides the God awful Claire Lynch storyline which makes me cringe, I've enjoyed TNA far better lately than the might 'E.

pretty much this^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Darkside Ron Garvin
08-11-2012, 01:29 PM
Why oh why do people feel the need to assault something they don't like? Isn't that what the Egyptians did to the Jews? Persecution without no real cause is hatred. And if wrestling has taught us anything in life, it is to rise above hate.

Poot hit it dead center on the nose. If you don't like it, change the channel. If you find things you do like about it, focus on those. I really like watching Bryan Danielson perform in the ring. I really could care less to hear him speak. So I focus on what I like, and do my best to avoid what I don't. That's the best part about having your own personal freedom to choose what you want to choose... But remember, we have the choice to like what we want to like as well. You might think TNA sucks, which is fine as your opinion. My question however, is why do you watch something that you think sucks? If you answer "I don't watch it", then your opinion is of little value to me as no one is able to formulate an educated opinion without knowing about the topic. If your answer is "I do watch it", then you are a type of person I have never met before; someone who willingly goes out of their way to watch programming that they dislike.

My conclusion to this is simple. Look into the Neilsen Rating Systems for yourself. Do some research on the topic. Help yourself to become educated on a topic so you can understand why exactly those little numbers mean virtually nothing in the world of television outside a number to put in front of sponsers in order to get more $$ out of them. It's not to GAIN the sponsership, but to get larger amounts of funding. In the end, the sponser is going to sign with you depending on if the programming will present their product to their target audience. The rating (which is FLAWED) is just a piece of leverage that the specific "show" can use to gain a bigger piece of the pie.

That is all. Please take this time to use Google wisely and remember, our personal effort is the only thing that seperates between improving ourselves or regressing into stupidity. See Idiocrasy on IMDB.com

HCollins-TNA1
08-11-2012, 01:52 PM
I'm not a WWE mark, I'm not a TNA mark, I'm not a RoH mark, I'm a PRO WRESTLING mark. .
The bold seems like something we don't have much of anymore these days......
I'm with you when it comes to being a WRESTLING FAN, I watch or try to keep up with all aspects from WWE to TNA to ROH to NWA to Japan to Mexico to the Indys..... I'm for one glad we WWE has competetion elsewhere, even if it is on a much lesser level!!

Dubs
08-11-2012, 03:20 PM
Also The rating drop proves that Aries can't draw he can wear that Houdini cape all he wants but the only trick up his sleeve is that he had a few internet marks to make him the flavor of the month and like the sheep that they are TNA caved in and dropped the belt on someone who all i can see him really doing is yelling and spitting and turning red when he yells....
I really don't get this. Austin Aries' TNA World title reign started a month ago. Are we really going to put Austin Aries' drawing ability into question based on a guy who only got the TNA World title a month ago? If you remember, when the whole Summer of Punk II storyline started and when CM Punk won the WWE championship at Money in the Bank 2011, the ratings on Monday Night Raw were still stagnant and decreased a little. Did that make CM Punk a horrible wrestler for not drawing higher ratings? No, simply because things don't happen overnight. CM Punk is now the 2nd top guy in the WWE and sells just as much as John Cena which is an instance of taking time with things.

My point is, Rome wasn't built in a day. If Austin Aries was the TNA World champion for about 5-6 months and the ratings haven't changed, than I would partially agree with you but he hasn't gotten a lengthy to prove his worth to TNA just yet. Austin Aries is a great champion so far and despite the ratings, he'll be the face of TNA if given more credible storylines along with a lengthy reign.

As for the ratings, meh. As long as people who watch it like the product, than that's what truly matters IMHO.

jordan1995
08-11-2012, 03:32 PM
Note that I stuck up for TNA, so I'm not marking for WWE. But to be honest: WWE also has a lot of young talents on the show. People like to diss NXT, but I've been watching it weekly for months and like it better than Smackdown.

TNA had a awesome run the last three to four months and really kicked WWE's ass productwise. But I didn't like the last few Impacts: I have the feeling they don't spread the angles good enough. They had strong feuds that culminated in the last excellent PPV, now there is a lot of transition-work going on. I'm curious: do you agree with this assesment?

I agree yes but i still think impact over the last few weeks have been good, especially if you were to re watch the show with Chavos debut on. THE AJ vs Storm match was quality along with the Angle v Ray.

i think the theme of having A&8 attacking people is good as it has continued throughout the show , so i sort of disagree with the spreading of angles part ?

Cabers
08-11-2012, 03:46 PM
Oh you guys!!

WWE isn't the best with ratings either now is it? Its just a rough patch for wrestling atm.

Dennis
08-11-2012, 09:00 PM
Equating ratings to quality is silly. The most viewed song on youtube is baby by justin beiber, it doesn't make it the best song it just made it the most viewed song ergo relating popularity to quality is nonsense IMO.

BadAndy
08-11-2012, 09:28 PM
Comments like this, comments like "everyone knows it sucks or its shit", drive me crazy. This comes from people who either don't watch it or already have a predetermined conclusion about it so never enjoy it. If they sit down to watch TNA, really watch it, they would see that it's pretty damn good. Ratings are stupid to begin with. You cannot say this when you have Angle/Styles giving a hell of a match this past week. There are things I don't like, but for the most part I really like it. It's a great look at how somebody else would create and execute stories besides the view we get from the WWE.

rofecoxib22
08-11-2012, 11:07 PM

If thats the case then why are they on TV....if ratings don't matter wouldn't they be on like IPPV or some other medium...thats what most shows on television want ratings because without them then the bills don't get paid...common sense 101

The Piper
08-11-2012, 11:16 PM
If thats the case then why are they on TV....if ratings don't matter wouldn't they be on like IPPV or some other medium...thats what most shows on television want ratings because without them then the bills don't get paid...common sense 101
If they make enough money in merchandise, they don't have to give a rat's furry ass about ratings...money making 101

rofecoxib22
08-11-2012, 11:16 PM

What are you a grammar professor?....Its the internet..... GET......OVER..... YOURSELF.... YOU......J.... A....C....K.....A....S....S.......

H....O.....W......I....S.......T.......H.....A.... ..T..........P...R.....O.....F..........D....I.... .C.....K.....W....A....D .......I'm not a mark either but i do like Pro Wrestling too and this is my viewpoint on what i don't like about TNA....WWE has its problems too but this is not the forum...not once did i bring them up....your ignorant comment proved exactly what i said because you bashed the hell out of the WWE while claiming to be a "PRO Wrestling mark" .....This proves you are a complete moron and a liar

The Piper
08-11-2012, 11:20 PM
What are you a grammar professor?....Its the internet..... GET......OVER..... YOURSELF.... YOU......J.... A....C....K.....A....S....S.......

H....O.....W......I....S.......T.......H.....A.... ..T..........P...R.....O.....F..........D....I.... .C.....K.....W....A....D .......I'm not a mark either but i do like Pro Wrestling too and this is my viewpoint on what i don't like about TNA....WWE has its problems too but this is not the forum...not once did i bring them up....your ignorant comment proved exactly what i said because you bashed the hell out of the WWE while claiming to be a "PRO Wrestling mark" .....This proves you are a complete moron and a liar
Have fun getting banned

The Piper
08-11-2012, 11:21 PM
Equating ratings to quality is silly. The most viewed song on youtube is baby by justin beiber, it doesn't make it the best song it just made it the most viewed song ergo relating popularity to quality is nonsense IMO.

Most sensible comment of the week right here

rofecoxib22
08-11-2012, 11:24 PM
just because its not as publicized as wwe does not mean it sucks. learn the difference between a global company and a small company that mostly stays in 1 arena. of course ratings are not going to be 10's. of course there is also the fact wrestling is just not popular anymore thanks to wwe. wwe took over 60 years to get where they are today & took them a while to get out of 1 stadium to get fans. tna is growing at a faster rate. they are more edgier than wwe and have a better product. if you honestly think ratings determine the quality of wrestling you need to get your head checked. you cant expect a global popular company after only 10 years of existing, thats outrageous. also if you are going to sit there bashing tna while you defend wwe... you need some serious professional help lol.

also stop saying they will buy out tna. its not just as simple as wanting to and its done. TNA does not want to sell and never will.. also their product is better than wwe's in past few years so the real question to ask is... how fast will wwe fall to become wcw of 2001 and then tna buys them out?

Just like i explained to the other idiot i will explain it to you as well idiot #2....where in my post do i even mention WWE... nowhere moron...instead of suggesting i have my head examined i suggest you learn how to read....It is fundamental and you seem to have some deficiencies in that area

rofecoxib22
08-11-2012, 11:30 PM
If they make enough money in merchandise, they don't have to give a rat's furry ass about ratings...money making 101

Apparently they are not if they are paying talents $300-600 per appearance and then restructuring their guranteed contracts and some of them not even showing up on televison along with having to still work the independent scene....yeah merchandising is going quite well...lol and like i said ratings are equated to money because the better the ratings the more advertisers you have that pay for spots on your show which equate to a broader audience which equate to them selling more merchandise....Money Making 301

The Piper
08-11-2012, 11:45 PM
Apparently they are not if they are paying talents $300-600 per appearance and then restructuring their guranteed contracts and some of them not even showing up on televison along with having to still work the independent scene....yeah merchandising is going quite well...lol and like i said ratings are equated to money because the better the ratings the more advertisers you have that pay for spots on your show which equate to a broader audience which equate to them selling more merchandise....Money Making 301
wow....you really....need to get off of....your high horse.....

rofecoxib22
08-12-2012, 12:04 AM
wow....you really....need to get off of....your high horse.....

Never was on one...like i said before...common sense 101...you'll get there one day....maybe

Sahu
08-12-2012, 12:07 AM
I have very lil chance to see other wrestling shows n TV here in India and hence, either I need to satisfy myself with what ever WWE/TNA deliver or browse on net for some other matches...

I have to tell you in past 5-6Yrs neither TNA nor WWE delivered a single show with all segments being good to great...

But, there r so many things which have thrilled me....

But of late I feel TNA is delivering good to great over all shows where in WWE only few things...

TNA if they can live up to these shows...they can cover up the last few yrs of stupid showing they had n they can pick up in ratings...

I hope they grow BIG and reach more heights and that will help us fans on a hwole because that pushes E to deliver what it can..

HCollins-TNA1
08-12-2012, 01:23 AM
Lets make this simple
TNA is a small wrestling company, with a much smaller budget obviously then the WWE.....
Sure most are paid based on appearances, then those who are contracted seems pretty happy for the most part....

Again Ratings is very different then they was years ago and then on Network TV then cable..... If ratings mattered on Spike many shows would cease to exist..... You have 5 big main networks.... then you have 100s of cable channels and 1000s of TV shows....
Again Impact is the #1 show on Spike..... But Spike don't get as many viewers as say USA or MTV or ESPN or TBS or TNT.....

But still TNA gets enough to bring the advertisers regardless...... TV 101 and HCollins 101 with typing and thinking....

DK Wrestling Savior
08-12-2012, 09:31 AM

I'm not going to "swing from the trees and climb over a wall to come after you" for what you said. I'm simply going to tell you, that if you think TNA sucks, that's your opinion. I personally think it blows WWE out of the water. They focus on wrestling, which is what everyone screams and cries that WWE doesn't do. In a two hour show you, typically get 3 good quality matches from them. I'm not sure we get 3 good quality matches in a month from WWE.

I'm not going to disagree that they definitely need changes. Tenay and Tazz suck, the production sucks, the backstage segments suck, but the achilles heel for them, is Spike TV. There's no range for an audience there. Spike is a station for guys. Plain and Simple. There's no teenage audience, no older male adult audience, and child audience, and no female audience. Those are huge demographics. And the audience they do have, mainly that 18-34 range, will tune out for NFL, or for NBA Playoffs, just like how WWE's ratings will drop in the same situation. This Monday has the Dallas Cowboys Pre-Season. The first hour of Raw will have very low ratings because the game starts at the same time, and the Cowboys are a highly rated football team. The first qtr of this game, will destroy Raw's first hour rating. Bottom line, if TNA was on FX, or back on the Turner stations or something, the ratings would be close to triple what they are on Spike.

Of course, I'm probably not convincing you of too much here. You're probably some WWE Mark, aka, brainwashed zombie who buys every bit of garbage WWE spews out. You probably Tout 6 times a day, watch Superstars, NXT, every webisode on their youtube channel, and visit WWE.com 100 times a day for the backstage vids.

BadAndy
08-12-2012, 10:39 AM
DK, it's probably not worth it. There seems to be a few guys that get banned, then create new profiles for the sole purpose of getting banned again. I think this cat is probably one of them. They love to go into all forums and attack people and claim everything sucks because they know it will get those of us that like the product upset.

If you ask me, I agree with Sahu. You have to take lemons and make lemonade. Both products have their positives and negatives. My friend met AA at a taping and told him how he loved him in ROH. AA replied along the lines of, "F ROH. They don't pay you anything." Obviously these guys see that they are able to make more of a living at TNA than independently. There's a reason many of them go there and not WWE. Talents in WWE right now are complaining about money. If these guys in TNA can stay in a more stable environment (locationwise) and get paid for doing their thing, then why jump ship to somewhere where talent is also suffering. I think the economic side of things is going to matter much more than ratings. I'm not sure if ratings take into account people who DVR the shows. Many do that. Many don't have time to watch but buy merch and go to shows. Ratings to me seem more of a thing for sitcoms and dramas that depend on ratings to ask themselves if they will renew a show next season. As long as a wrestling company is around, it's probably going to pull higher ratings for that particular channel it's on than other shows they might show during that time slot.

rofecoxib22
08-12-2012, 12:02 PM
I'm not going to "swing from the trees and climb over a wall to come after you" for what you said. I'm simply going to tell you, that if you think TNA sucks, that's your opinion. I personally think it blows WWE out of the water. They focus on wrestling, which is what everyone screams and cries that WWE doesn't do. In a two hour show you, typically get 3 good quality matches from them. I'm not sure we get 3 good quality matches in a month from WWE.

I'm not going to disagree that they definitely need changes. Tenay and Tazz suck, the production sucks, the backstage segments suck, but the achilles heel for them, is Spike TV. There's no range for an audience there. Spike is a station for guys. Plain and Simple. There's no teenage audience, no older male adult audience, and child audience, and no female audience. Those are huge demographics. And the audience they do have, mainly that 18-34 range, will tune out for NFL, or for NBA Playoffs, just like how WWE's ratings will drop in the same situation. This Monday has the Dallas Cowboys Pre-Season. The first hour of Raw will have very low ratings because the game starts at the same time, and the Cowboys are a highly rated football team. The first qtr of this game, will destroy Raw's first hour rating. Bottom line, if TNA was on FX, or back on the Turner stations or something, the ratings would be close to triple what they are on Spike.

Of course, I'm probably not convincing you of too much here. You're probably some WWE Mark, aka, brainwashed zombie who buys every bit of garbage WWE spews out. You probably Tout 6 times a day, watch Superstars, NXT, every webisode on their youtube channel, and visit WWE.com 100 times a day for the backstage vids.

Read before you make assumptions jackass...i don't mention anything about WWE i am talking about a show that I used to like and that I think is in the toilet right now so before you jump to conclusions and make assumptions about someone make sure you read first moron because its easy for me to make the assumption that you are probably some dummy who has a hard time comprehending that a person is entitled to their own opinion and that you can disagree with them without making unfounded assumptions but I'm probably not convincing you either since you are an idiot

rofecoxib22
08-12-2012, 12:30 PM
DK, it's probably not worth it. There seems to be a few guys that get banned, then create new profiles for the sole purpose of getting banned again. I think this cat is probably one of them. They love to go into all forums and attack people and claim everything sucks because they know it will get those of us that like the product upset.

If you ask me, I agree with Sahu. You have to take lemons and make lemonade. Both products have their positives and negatives. My friend met AA at a taping and told him how he loved him in ROH. AA replied along the lines of, "F ROH. They don't pay you anything." Obviously these guys see that they are able to make more of a living at TNA than independently. There's a reason many of them go there and not WWE. Talents in WWE right now are complaining about money. If these guys in TNA can stay in a more stable environment (locationwise) and get paid for doing their thing, then why jump ship to somewhere where talent is also suffering. I think the economic side of things is going to matter much more than ratings. I'm not sure if ratings take into account people who DVR the shows. Many do that. Many don't have time to watch but buy merch and go to shows. Ratings to me seem more of a thing for sitcoms and dramas that depend on ratings to ask themselves if they will renew a show next season. As long as a wrestling company is around, it's probably going to pull higher ratings for that particular channel it's on than other shows they might show during that time slot.

Way to jump on the bandwagon and swing from someones balsacs.... No i am not on here to get banned. Its called an opinion dumbass and its mine. If you can't handle someone not agreeing with you then you need to grow a set. Always running away "ooh he huwt my wittle feelings i will twell my mommy" If you can't deal with the heat then don't respond or simply stfu because if you think I'm going to idly go by and not say or rebutt something when i feel different about it then you are stupid.... ok let me make it simple if ratings didn't matter then WCW would still be on television. For 84 weeks they kicked WWE's ass until the point where they almost put WWE out of business and then they started to tank and were pulled from the air. Just like the rules of ratings along with advertising and along with merchandise sales applied to the formula back then it also applies to it now. And for the matter if WWE guys are complaining about money then the guys in TNA must be holding up banks since they are getting paid peanuts even when they do appear on televison. They just restructred contracts of guys that had guranteed contracts like Team 3D who almost didn' t resign because of pay issues and this happened like a few days ago so I don't see how you could forget that tidbit of information. Glad I could remind you.

HCollins-TNA1
08-12-2012, 12:49 PM
ok let me make it simple if ratings didn't matter then WCW would still be on television. For 84 weeks they kicked WWE's ass until the point where they almost put WWE out of business and then they started to tank and were pulled from the air. Just like the rules of ratings along with advertising and along with merchandise sales applied to the formula back then it also applies to it now. Blame Spike TV all you want but if TNA used to be on FoxSports and didn't do good numbers on there either and Fox has way more viewers than Spike . If a product stinks it doesn't matter what channel it is on the viewers will see right through it and it will show ala ratings.

Only reason WCW went out of business is Time Warner was set on the sale from day 1 of the merger with AOL.... WCW was still pulling healthy ratings go and look up the numbers yourself..... The Sale was going happen matter because of WCW suits like Jamie Kellner was painting the picture that it was worthless, as well as the guys who got high priced contracts and other admedities that didn't deserve it....

Again RATINGS don't matter like they use to on Cable TV!!!!

Another thing FOXSports Net and FOX is 2 different networks but is owned by the same company... Fox Sports is more the less made up of regional channels and has way less viewers then Spike, go look the numbers up.... Now Fox got more viewers but that Network TV..... there is a huge difference in Network and Cable TV, if you don't know....

Again TNA pull good enough ratings to keep Viacom and Spike happy..... Only problem Spike has is with other original programming and shows...

Dubs
08-12-2012, 12:56 PM
ok let me make it simple if ratings didn't matter then WCW would still be on television. For 84 weeks they kicked WWE's ass until the point where they almost put WWE out of business and then they started to tank and were pulled from the air.
That's not true. WCW tanked financially and also because of Time Warner not wanting anything to do with wrestling anymore but they were still able to produce good ratings. Not as much as they did before but they were still fairly well with ratings. Ratings had nothing to do with WCW going out of business.

HCollins-TNA1
08-12-2012, 01:03 PM
That's not true. WCW tanked financially and also because of Time Warner not wanting anything to do with wrestling anymore but they were still able to produce good ratings. Not as much as they did before but they were still fairly well with ratings. Ratings had nothing to do with WCW going out of business.

They was spending more money then they was putting into the product.....
Mid-card/under-card talent getting huge Pay days....
It was a mix like you said, they still had great ratings going against many shows on cable TV..
It was unsaveable as soon as Eric Bischoff got the demoted the 1st time in late 1998, early 1999, from the axe and wrath of Time Warner.... If only someone cared about wrestling was in charged I really think WCW would still be around to this day...

Viperfish
08-12-2012, 01:36 PM
WCW was getting great ratings yeah, but the expenditures were through the roof. I don't know if the product was ever sustainable. The difference between WCW and WWF was that WWF was using their own money and thus were budgeting things properly. In WCW, they were using someone else's money(Ted Turner's money), and they were using it as if it came out of a faucet like water... you turn it on and off at your leisure and never expect it to run out. WCW also did things to hamstring revenue coming in, like the biker show that had free admittance, or putting Hogan vs Goldberg(the biggest match they could possibly put out with their roster at the time) on TV instead of on PPV.

HCollins-TNA1
08-12-2012, 03:14 PM
WCW was getting great ratings yeah, but the expenditures were through the roof. I don't know if the product was ever sustainable. The difference between WCW and WWF was that WWF was using their own money and thus were budgeting things properly. In WCW, they were using someone else's money(Ted Turner's money), and they were using it as if it came out of a faucet like water... you turn it on and off at your leisure and never expect it to run out. WCW also did things to hamstring revenue coming in, like the biker show that had free admittance, or putting Hogan vs Goldberg(the biggest match they could possibly put out with their roster at the time) on TV instead of on PPV.
The thing is much as the same with TNA, in WCW money was supposedly budgeted towards the product and talent.....
Time Warner/Turner Broadcasting is a large company, which I'm sure is broke down into many departments.... From the sports teams as in Atlanta Braves, to CNN with many news personalities, to WCW then, the many other networks/cable channels tied into Turner.... But will agree they did hinder revenue to gain certain viewers with free events...
As opposed to the WWE which is and was own by one person at the time.... Now it pretty much own by several now due to it being publicily traded company.....
The same for TNA being owned and financed by Panda Energy.... I'm sure The Carters have a certain amount of money sat aside for talent, and other costs....

imswm
08-12-2012, 03:45 PM
"Excuses" aren't really excuses when they are valid explanations. It's absurd to believe NO portion of the potential TNA audience had an interest in the very first NFL game of the season and the Olympics (with its larger-than-expected audience). Plenty of shows take a hit opposite that kind of competition, making this thread-opener smell of TNA loathing.

Have to wonder, if Raw having sub-par ratings after Episode 1000 was blamed on the Olympics and so on, the WWE would come under equal scrutiny online?

rofecoxib22
08-12-2012, 04:30 PM
"Excuses" aren't really excuses when they are valid explanations. It's absurd to believe NO portion of the potential TNA audience had an interest in the very first NFL game of the season and the Olympics (with its larger-than-expected audience). Plenty of shows take a hit opposite that kind of competition, making this thread-opener smell of TNA loathing.

Have to wonder, if Raw having sub-par ratings after Episode 1000 was blamed on the Olympics and so on, the WWE would come under equal scrutiny online?

The only thing that smells is your breath which i can smell through my computer which means your mouth is that damn rotten as well as your dumb ass assumptions. I hardly watch WWE...have been a TNA fan for a long time and don't like the direction it is going in...if you are going to argue about the points then argue them but to make assumptions about someone who you have no f-ing clue about makes you a fool

Bodom
08-12-2012, 06:44 PM
The only thing that smells is your breath which i can smell through my computer which means your mouth is that damn rotten as well as your dumb ass assumptions. I hardly watch WWE...have been a TNA fan for a long time and don't like the direction it is going in...if you are going to argue about the points then argue them but to make assumptions about someone who you have no f-ing clue about makes you a fool

You are aware that's possible to carry a point across without intentionally insulting someone right? Let's be respectful eh?

Infraction.

The Piper
08-12-2012, 06:58 PM
You are aware that's possible to carry a point across without intentionally insulting someone right? Let's be respectful eh?

Infraction.
Wow, I cannot believe you posted here without banning this guy, honestly, I didn't see that coming!

Darkside Ron Garvin
08-12-2012, 08:28 PM
I hardly watch WWE...have been a TNA fan for a long time and don't like the direction it is going in...if you are going to argue about the points then argue them

I hope you would take some of your own advice and actually argue your point. From what I have seen so far, that's the last thing you have done. Let me ask you a specific question my friend.

Have you contacted TNA? This is a serious question. I only ask because I have been a fan of TNA since 2001/02 and I have contacted them many times. I have even received a few responses with my letters concerning the Viacom/Direct TV issue, the Orlando Jordan character, and even the compliments I sent involving how much I liked the "Black Machismo" character. If you are a fan of something, you have the right to tell them when you are unhappy with the product they are giving you. Granted, you have to make a rational point and not just flame them (which is what I have seen you do in this thread, so I am not going to provide you with their contact information) because they will disregard anything you have said and just ignore you. However, if you are serious and well thought out, then search for ways to contact them and voice your displeasure with the things you dislike... The worst they could do is to ignore you, which is what they are currently doing.

As for some of your other posts, I suggest you take Collins' approach and actually research some of these things. I suggest the ratings of WCW from 2000-close. I suggest researching the mergers (Turner Broadcasting, Time Warner, and AOL) and see how they affected WCW directly. I suggest you research Nielsen Ratings and see how flawed this system is that you base as the reason why a show lives or dies. I also suggest you research the history of other independent wrestling promotions to compare a company that has been around for 10 years, and see how many of them average 1.0 rating on a monthly basis for their said Cable providers. These are very simple things to find on the net, just search for them.

The fact remains, if you are a fan of TNA then GREAT! I love TNA myself and would much rather watch it than any other wrestling program I get offered on a weekly basis. However, I know that not everything will ever be "EXCELLENT" all the way through each show, especially with weekly programming. And honestly, I hope it never is that way. Why you ask? Because if they are giving me "perfect" every show, then why would I want to pay $35.99 for a PPV? Sure, they should provide me with quality programming weekly (not every second they have air time), but they should save the best for when it counts the most, in my opinion.

I hope you can take this post in stride, as I am not trying to "run and cwy about my feewings", but rather trying to have an educated conversation. Obviously, you have the ability to put big words in your comments, but I want more than that. I want the return comments to a debate you started. Not the lashing accusations I expect from political debates and 3rd grade lunch table arguments. Not bashing you my friend, just bringing up the point that we are all friendly here, and would like the same respect to be given in return so we can have an "educated" conversation on a topic that we all love... TNA.

HCollins-TNA1
08-17-2012, 11:52 PM

Ratings was back up, so pretty much your point got made invalid...

HCollins-TNA1
08-25-2012, 08:26 PM

The ratings went up yet again this week.... so once again your thought and opinion got proven untrue.... Ratings go up and down for various reasons do to many factors.....
You entitled top your opinion and all..... But when you don't see and know all the facts, it makes your opinion irreverent..