PDA

View Full Version : Y2J Is Back

AWrestlingGod
08-10-2012, 09:41 PM
I loved the heel Jericho persona as i loved the fact that he would put on classic matches at this time with the likes of HBK, and Edge.. But it felt good seeing the good old comedic Jericho back again, since he's a face when he get feuds with the likes of Cody Rhodes, Daniel Bryan and others (when he comes back from his tour)..... If you don't like that well then get the hell out then..

Opinions on Jericho as a face again? Cause I love it

Sidenote: Chris Jericho Vs Dolph Ziggler will be Epic..

BadAndy
08-10-2012, 09:44 PM
Face or heel I'm so happy to have the Jericho back that is a powerhouse on the mic. Jericho + mic = one happy BadAndy!

Sidenote: It's worth repeating that Chris Jericho Vs Dolph Ziggler will be Epic....INDEED!

holycrapoly
08-10-2012, 09:59 PM
I marked out. It was amazing to see him back in true Y2J form.

Dameduse823
08-10-2012, 10:39 PM
It was a good promo and the feud between Ziggler and Jericho has been building up nicely, my only problem is that their doing this now afetr Jericho just came out and said he'll be leaving soon to work with his band

bearkg88
08-10-2012, 10:45 PM
It was a good promo and the feud between Ziggler and Jericho has been building up nicely, my only problem is that their doing this now afetr Jericho just came out and said he'll be leaving soon to work with his band

True, but it still has an air of mystery. What if the briefcase is put on the line? Would Jericho win it? That's what I like about this feud

scribbler_jones
08-10-2012, 11:24 PM
Seems like I missed watching SD and getting to witness this... I've been so used to Y2J as a heel it's hard to imagine him as a face again. But I'm down for it :) and I agree: Jericho vs Ziggler = nothing short of total, straight-up, can't be denied EPIC. Imagine all the counters these guys will pull out of their hats...

FXK2I
08-11-2012, 12:44 AM
Reminded me of the Y2J that feuded with Stephanie back in the day. It was a refreshing sight.

Sahu
08-11-2012, 01:01 AM
I love Jericho as face or heel...either comedy one or Serious one I love him..

But, I love his comdy side more...he's incredible...at making fun of ppl...

Cabers
08-11-2012, 03:30 PM
First off Ziggles vs Ayetollah MOTN calling it now!

And having him back let the fun begin haha

magglis
08-11-2012, 03:36 PM
Jericho was/is my favorite face ever.I love him as a heel,but damn i missed his jokes.The only two guys with great jokes besides Rock,is Y2J and Cena

steveorton
08-11-2012, 03:54 PM
FINALLY

SAVE_US Y2J

Sidenote: I agree with the OP DZ vs Y2J will steal the show at SS

BadAndy
08-11-2012, 06:55 PM
Jericho was/is my favorite face ever.I love him as a heel,but damn i missed his jokes.The only two guys with great jokes besides Rock,is Y2J and Cena

Should've watched WCW then. When he was a heel he had some of the best jokes ever. Ralfus and the Man of 1,004 Holds are some of the greatest hilarious heel bits he did.

Sahu
08-12-2012, 11:09 AM
Should've watched WCW then. When he was a heel he had some of the best jokes ever. Ralfus and the Man of 1,004 Holds are some of the greatest hilarious heel bits he did.

True!! the whole man of 1004 holds n Stinko Malenko thing is so funny....

Sahu
08-12-2012, 12:07 PM
Few of his quotes in WCW as heel:

"Jo-Jo Dillon and Stinko Malenko are examples of two stuffed shirts who just don't get it. I try to bring some good cheer to WCW, flash my pearly whites for the fans and vary my hairstyle a bit, and everyone tries to ruin my career. What's up with that? If this conspiracy continues, Canada's favorite son might have to dish out a little British Columbian justice. And believe me, I have the Official Royal Canadian Mounted Police Manual handy!"-- Chris Jericho

"Stinko Malenko, I question your integrity sir. I know that you kissed a lot of butts to get the job to be special guest referee in my match at Sturgis, but me and all my Jerichoholics don't think that you're qualified and we don't think that you have the integrity or the honor to referee this match. So what I wanna do is, I want you to prove to everybody that you could be an unbiased, untainted offficial and I want you to call this match straight down the middle. I want you to call things exactly how you see them. Do think you can do that jerky?"

"Welcome to Monday Night Jericho. And ladies and gentleman I most definately am the walrus coo coo cachu. And I promise to never ever treat you Jericholics wrong just because I'm better than all of you. Thank you."

"First of all Steavone you adress me by my real name. Lion Heart Chris Jericho. The man of 1004 moves, Lord and master of the Jerichoholics across the globe!"

"Ralphus wants you to want me. You know, it wasn't too long ago that the Bad News Bears played their fateful game right here in the Astrodome and it wasn't too long ago that I destroyed that filthy Texan, Bobby Duncum Jr. Why? Because I hate cowboys! And that in turn means that all you faithful Jericholics also hate cowboys. And even though Bobby Duncum Jr. is from Texas, tonight due to all the wonderful people here who make me their hero, their role model, their paragon of virtue. I am the true hometown hero y'all!"

"Now we all saw two weeks ago right here in this ring how that baby Huey look-a-like, Konan, robbed me of my championship belt. Now first of all Konan, I gotta congratulate you man. You are definately the greatest latino rapper since Gerardo.You are Rico Suave. Now you know I can't understand what you're talking about. I am definately not rowdy rowdy. I am definately not bouty bouty, nor do I want to be. But, I am, however, 235 pounds of twisted steel and sex appeal and Ralphus, you know exactly what I'm talking about. So what I would like to do is re-enact the travesty that befell me. I'm gonna show you people exactly what happened because Konan used a foreign object to steal my belt away. He asassinated my title reign. He might as well have been standing on a grassy knoll and I'm gonna explain to you the Magic Foreign Object Theory!"

Sahu
08-12-2012, 12:13 PM
Man of 1004 Holds video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUcTHmZ9luY&feature=related

Bore us Malenko:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hn9j7fTVow

AshleyPunk
08-12-2012, 12:14 PM
Jericho back at his best :)

PandaMassacre
08-12-2012, 01:00 PM
Jericho back at his best :)

(: Yeah.. I am really happy about this. I was always more of a fan for this type of Jericho. I was actually kind of sad when Dolph bonked him over the head with the brief case.

BadAndy
08-12-2012, 02:56 PM
Oh man, the memories. Those were absolutely classic! WWE developed so many guys that depended on catch phrases alone to carry them. When Jericho came over he just blew them all out of the water. Sure he had catch phrases but he could also talk rings around his opponents. I also loved the fact that he made sure to rip up a Jerichoholic sign as he walked to the ring. The fans would mark out when he would take their sign.

johnnydropkicks
08-12-2012, 03:58 PM
Heath Slater vs. Y2J "baybay!" match.

winner gets sole use of "baybay!"

but seriously hopefully Y2J gets a nice face run when he gets back from music touring band

CMpunk3:16
08-12-2012, 06:15 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4-VgVVgGao

BadAndy
08-12-2012, 06:25 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4-VgVVgGao

AWESOME! The only thing missing from that compilation....ARMBAR! Hate your sig though. Jericho tore The Rock a new one in that first encounter.

BadAndy
08-13-2012, 11:28 PM
Just noticed something that may not be such a good thing. In the promo tonight with Jericho, Ziggler, and Miz we saw a lot of the old Jericho. The problem was that Jericho showed he can drop a few catchphrases but he also showed that his promos involve much more than that. He just dropped the phrases but didn't rely on them. The WWE is so big on catchphrases that they seem to train their homegrown wrestlers to use them heavily. Miz was all about his tonight. Jericho really schooled everyone tonight. The problem with all that being, Jericho unleashed made the other wrestlers seem far inferior on the mic when both Miz and Ziggler are very talented. We wanted old Jericho back, but what have we unleashed? hehehe