PDA

View Full Version : AW Fired!!!

Robstar
08-10-2012, 06:47 PM
I'm shocked. I thought he'd gotten away with his little outburst but apparently not.

http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news/8218/confirmed-aw-released-from-wwe

What do we all think about this? Did he deserve to get the axe? To my mind no - but Linda has a campaign to run I suppose and this sort of thing (AW's comment) don't look good for her.

Robstar
08-10-2012, 06:50 PM
Probably not good for the PTP either. They need a mouthpiece

FancyShmancyPants17
08-10-2012, 06:52 PM
Probably not good for the PTP either. They need a mouthpiece

Ugh, but not during their matches. I hated when AW had his mic on during their matches.

Dennis
08-10-2012, 06:53 PM
prime time players are now going to be stale. AW was just being obnoxious, while he was doing his job he slipped up. He's human don't fire the man for one mess up once he was something new in a tag divison what is finally looking to be on the rise. I hope tna picks him up and uses his gimmick over in tna because he didn't deserve to be fired and he is hilarious.

Dennis
08-10-2012, 06:53 PM
Ugh, but not during their matches. I hated when AW had his mic on during their matches.
IMO that was the best part. he was obnoxious! great stuff!

Bodom
08-10-2012, 06:54 PM
I'm surprised that they waited a week if they were going to fire him.

I'd normally say that he'd be back after the election, but looking at his Twitter feed that seems doubtful.

Robstar
08-10-2012, 06:55 PM
I'm seriously bummed by this

FancyShmancyPants17
08-10-2012, 06:56 PM
IMO that was the best part. he was obnoxious! great stuff!

He sure was obnoxious! But I don't think one mistake should get him released. Whatever happened to "three strikes and you're out"? He couldn't just been reprimanded and AW would have known better than to make another mistake like that in the future.

Shaz11
08-10-2012, 06:58 PM
It's ridiculous, he was actually the entertaining. He was great on the mic. It's bad enough for PTP cause they aint got no mic skills.

Robstar
08-10-2012, 06:58 PM
And the resurgence of tags and managers that I was hoping for falls by the wayside....I hope not

Bodom
08-10-2012, 07:00 PM
It's more likely that WWE was pressured by the Network and their Sponsors to do something.

bearkg88
08-10-2012, 07:02 PM
The dude is an idiot. Not for his initial Kobe comment, but for everything on twitter today. You have to figure given time, they would have hired him back, but, I highly doubt they will with how big of a fool he is acting

Poot-Hair
08-10-2012, 07:02 PM
You hit the nail on the head with the "Linda Campaign" bit there Rob. Whether WWE wants to admit it or not, everything it does is directly impacted by Linda and her campaign. They can deny it if they want to, but too many things point in that direction.

Poor A.W. I really liked his manager persona and just one screw up has cost him everything.

Robstar
08-10-2012, 07:03 PM
Fuckin' fuckers fuckity fuck fuck!!!! Stupid, cornholing, scrotum sniffing, smegma eating, arseholing sons of bitches!!!

CM_SUXX_NOT
08-10-2012, 07:03 PM
The dude is an idiot. Not for his initial Kobe comment, but for everything on twitter today. You have to figure given time, they would have hired him back, but, I highly doubt they will with how big of a fool he is acting
Did he say anything that wasn't true?

Bodom
08-10-2012, 07:05 PM

Not necessarily, but burning bridges with a former employer isn't exactly a wise career move.

Robstar
08-10-2012, 07:05 PM

Probably not but it was also stuff that won't have them laying out the welcome mat for him again

bearkg88
08-10-2012, 07:06 PM

No. He spoke the truth, there is no denying that. But he effectively flushed any chance he had of getting back with the company down the whole in my opinion

Dennis
08-10-2012, 07:07 PM
it's cool that rikishi is retweeting AW but kind of makes me think the usos will not get him as a manager..

bearkg88
08-10-2012, 07:07 PM
Probably not but it was also stuff that won't have them laying out the welcome mat for him again

Not necessarily, but burning bridges with a former employer isn't exactly a wise career move.

Damn you two for ninja'ing me!

VanHooliganX
08-10-2012, 07:09 PM
And nothing of value was lost. Awesome news :)

Asherdelampyr
08-10-2012, 07:09 PM
And the resurgence of tags and managers that I was hoping for falls by the wayside....I hope not

Seriously, I have been waiting for that era to return
*sadface*

Robstar
08-10-2012, 07:10 PM
I remember a time when the WWE (http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news?Item%5Btags%5D=WWE) didn't care about breaking the mold but now everyone is so afraid of their own shadow.#RemeberTheFans

Thank you WWE (http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news?Item%5Btags%5D=WWE) for creating me and then killing me because I only portrayed what I grew up watching... The #WWE (http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news?Item%5Btags%5D=WWE)!!

All too true. But he must have known WWE had changed it's business practices. I thought since he was on Raw he was OK, but as Bodom said, it's bound to be outside pressure from somewhere.

Asherdelampyr
08-10-2012, 07:11 PM
I remember a time when the WWE (http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news?Item%5Btags%5D=WWE) didn't care about breaking the mold but now everyone is so afraid of their own shadow.#RemeberTheFans

Thank you WWE (http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news?Item%5Btags%5D=WWE) for creating me and then killing me because I only portrayed what I grew up watching... The #WWE (http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news?Item%5Btags%5D=WWE)!!

All too true. But he must have known WWE had changed it's business practices. I thought since he was on Raw he was OK, but as Bodom said, it's bound to be outside pressure from somewhere.

were these from before or after his release?

Robstar
08-10-2012, 07:12 PM
were these from before or after his release?

After. Just today

Bodom
08-10-2012, 07:13 PM
Seriously, I have been waiting for that era to return
*sadface*

Managers maybe, but not Tag Teams. It's been patently obvious for years that Vince hates Tag Team wrestling.

Sadly the people who do want a a resurgence of tag team wrestling are going have to wait for Vince to step down or croak. Whichever comes first.

Asherdelampyr
08-10-2012, 07:17 PM
Managers maybe, but not Tag Teams. It's been patently obvious for years that Vince hates Tag Team wrestling.

Sadly the people who do want a a resurgence of tag team wrestling are going have to wait for Vince to step down or croak. Whichever comes first.

I'm waiting, Trips has to love tag teams after DX.

Bodom
08-10-2012, 07:22 PM

There's a 99.9% it's the latter. And dude ain't keeling over anytime soon. One healthy mfr

Dubs
08-10-2012, 07:24 PM
I sooo cannot wait for a future Highspots shoot from him.

Dennis
08-10-2012, 07:24 PM
there are so many great tag team prospects in the wwe trip would be crazy not to want to push these teams.. gabriel and kidd are awesome. the usos and primo and epico actually work as teams.. ptp were could of been the great heel team but who knows now.

Iron Ape
08-10-2012, 07:40 PM
I had the sound of Tony Atlas heartily chuckling in my head the whole time I was reading A.W. piss his future away via Twitter.

THE HEARTBREAK KID
08-10-2012, 07:40 PM
I'm shocked and saddened by this news, I liked AW and I was really starting too dig the primetime players because of him, I felt he did a good job and though annoying for some, he always made me chuckle with the things he said Haha.

Real shame.. what AW said on Twitter is very true.

Robstar
08-10-2012, 08:23 PM

No, he'll be like the Queen. He'll die before he steps aside

akbar
08-10-2012, 08:25 PM
TNA needs to hire him ASAP.

THE HEARTBREAK KID
08-10-2012, 08:30 PM
TNA needs to hire him ASAP.

Could very well happen.

johnnydropkicks
08-10-2012, 08:58 PM
too bad. he was really starting to get some momentum together to start to become a manager the likes of heenan and such. agree the twitter rant was a dick move. he probably would have been back.

longtimefan
08-10-2012, 09:12 PM
I know I will get heat for this but hey. AW should of been fired. He was trying for cheap heat but went way overboard. Way worse then the Jericho flag thing. He made fun of rape demeaning all the victims of while at the same time basically saying his star was a rapist, he went after a non wrestling star who is very well liked, and with a shooting in CO was kind of bad to say unstoppable. Remember WWE is pushing social media and that "joke" caused media to focus on the joke not the show.

johnnydropkicks
08-10-2012, 09:17 PM
I know I will get heat for this but hey. AW should of been fired. He was trying for cheap heat but went way overboard. Way worse then the Jericho flag thing. He made fun of rape demeaning all the victims of while at the same time basically saying his star was a rapist, he went after a non wrestling star who is very well liked, and with a shooting in CO was kind of bad to say unstoppable. Remember WWE is pushing social media and that "joke" caused media to focus on the joke not the show.

meh. it's ok for people to get shot on tv and alright for eminem and any other rapper to use all kinds of language in their song but he can't make one out of the way comment about something and he has to get fired. didn't even use any bad language. Chris Rock has said shit a million times worse and he got millions for it. actually well to come think of it..

millions and billions and billions and millions of future endeavours!

FancyShmancyPants17
08-10-2012, 09:17 PM

Touche. I understand your point of view. And AW made the wrong move by tweeting badly. He burned down all of that bridge to ever come back to WWE again. And he just came back! He's also going the wrong way by doing stand-up about Vince!

BadAndy
08-10-2012, 09:21 PM
The apology really should have been enough. I think when given a mic and told to be a heel and provoke others they need to give him guidelines for what is and isn't allowable. I think that the WWE is just as responsible for this as AW was. Who are they going to fire for allowing him the freedom to be a great heel manager on the mic?

Bodom
08-10-2012, 09:30 PM
The apology really should have been enough. I think when given a mic and told to be a heel and provoke others they need to give him guidelines for what is and isn't allowable. I think that the WWE is just as responsible for this as AW was. Who are they going to fire for allowing him the freedom to be a great heel manager on the mic?

Welcome to Corporate America.

longtimefan
08-10-2012, 09:33 PM
They do give them guidelines

Bodom
08-10-2012, 09:35 PM

And knowing what is and isn't PG falls under "Common Sense"

FancyShmancyPants17
08-10-2012, 09:46 PM
And knowing what is and isn't PG falls under "Common Sense"

So does that mean AW shouldn't get entirely blamed for saying what he said? Or should there be more people fired? That's wrong if someone told him to say that and he was the only one to get punished.

AWrestlingGod
08-10-2012, 09:46 PM
I actually feel maybe some positive may come out of this, I mean sometimes managers can take the focus of the actual tag team, Now lets see how the primetime Players will get themselves over without AW, this should be interesting.

BadAndy
08-10-2012, 09:48 PM

This is known for a fact? They say, "Here's your character, here's your booklet outlining what's allowed and what's not allowed."? I have a feeling they tell guys to be edgy but it's up to the discretion of the wrestler to use common sense. I could be wrong but from all those tweets it didn't sound like he was given a real tight leash with how to portray his character. I'm in no way condoning his comment as I do feel it was in poor taste. I'm just saying that the creative or someone in house doesn't keep as tidy a ship as they should.

johnnydropkicks
08-10-2012, 09:49 PM
I actually feel maybe some positive may come out of this, I mean sometimes managers can take the focus of the actual tag team, Now lets see how the primetime Players will get themselves over without AW, this should be interesting.

personally I think they're headed for the bottom without him.

well actually maybe not the bottom but he was part of what made ptp awesome

Bodom
So does that mean AW shouldn't get entirely blamed for saying what he said? Or should there be more people fired? That's wrong if someone told him to say that and he was the only one to get punished.

Why would other's be punished? It was an ad-libbed comment. Wasn't scripted.

longtimefan
"Titus O'neil is like Kobe Bryant going up against the New York Knicks unstoppable" is a way to get the cheap heat and would cause no issues. They give wrestlers guidelines they give them their gimmick for the most part and a lot of them spend time behind the scenes getting it right. The thing he said on TV did not just come to him it was something that had to of been percolating in his head.

FancyShmancyPants17
08-10-2012, 09:50 PM
Why would other's be punished? It was an ad-libbed comment. Wasn't scripted.

Oh I didn't know that. Then that makes sense now!

AWrestlingGod
08-10-2012, 09:52 PM
Is there anyone out there that can replace him... Why do I keep imagining Matt Striker..

johnnydropkicks
08-10-2012, 09:52 PM
yeah the knicks comment you supply truly would have worked just as well and not caused any controversy.

Dubs
08-10-2012, 09:59 PM
Bring back Slick. He'll make a great manager for the PTPs. He'll be a better replacement for A.W.

LostOmega
08-10-2012, 10:04 PM
You know, I watch WWE religiously but every day they find some new way to disappoint me... AW messed up once. You can't mess up his career over one mistake. Entertainment TV has no place in politics. I really hope she loses now.

FancyShmancyPants17
08-10-2012, 10:31 PM
So AW was fired partly because he mentioned Linda's senate run.

Bodom
08-10-2012, 10:39 PM
The official statement from WWE given to TMZ

Unfortunately, Brian Jossie, playing the character of A.W. was terminated because he continued to exhibit poor judgment by making offensive and inappropriate comments on live television and on social media,"

loudpack
08-10-2012, 10:43 PM
I have to sig this.

Edit: Yeah, maybe not. lol

Dang, almost famous.

johnnydropkicks
08-10-2012, 10:51 PM
I didn't know about that senate campaign thing.

yeah now I totally understand.

obviously you have stay clear of that. the mcmahon campaign thing doesn't need people saying wwe is bribing/coercing wrestlers as promotional tools getting people to vote.

BadAndy
08-10-2012, 10:53 PM
I didn't know about that senate campaign thing.

yeah now I totally understand.

obviously you have stay clear of that. the mcmahon campaign thing doesn't need people saying wwe is bribing/coercing wrestlers as promotional tools getting people to vote.

That's one of the big reasons for the PG era.

Dubs
08-10-2012, 11:00 PM
"McMahon is a hypocrite! It's cool for him to mock JR's Bells Palsy, & you aren't cut any slack for one joke? #BeAStarVince."

"I hope Vince hasn't forgot How he mocked @JRsBBQ on #RAW (http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news?Item%5Btags%5D=RAW) live, and @AWPromotions gets released for one joke?"

"@if only you had strangled someone with your tie, you'd be back within 6 months lol."

"so Dx can tell everyone to suck it but u can't make a joke?"

"@CMPunk told one of his twitter followers to kill themselves. biggest double standard in the world."

"@kane has sex with a dead girl but @AWPromotions makes a kobe joke and gets fired."

"Vince can kick the leg out from under a one legged kid, wrestle women, mock The mentally retarded and he fired you!!!"

"@Didn't Big Show make a Kobe Bryant reference in a battle rap with Cena in 2003 https://www.youtube (http://www.surfcanyon.com/search?f=sl&q=youtube&partner=wtigck).com/watch?v=1V6gr8CB-Eg ... but AW gets let go?"
Oh, he mad.

He does have a point though.

Robstar
08-10-2012, 11:06 PM
This just in: WWE is taking applications for actors to audition to take over the role of AW, to be future referenced as "New AW" or "Fake AW"

akbar
08-10-2012, 11:11 PM
AW rants on twitter is just him filling out the TNA job application form.

TTC
08-10-2012, 11:14 PM
I think to be fair they need to punish Tensai. I just really think that AW was aight. For sure PTP will need a new manager.

longtimefan
08-10-2012, 11:20 PM
AW needs to quit comparing himself to more established wrestling stars. I may again cross a line here. Every entertainment company out there bases their hiring and firing on the value you bring to them. AW's time with company up to his recent run was forgettable and he was no an in ring talent he was a mouth piece for about four months on again off again screen time. Everybody he appears to mention as getting away with something are talents that have been in the business bringing in money for decades. An example would be a third string quarter back getting released for something 5 year starter would of been reprimanded for.

Plus he is kind of stupid for still saying it was a joke. He should of been addressing it as a slip of the tongue and a mistake. His current stance kind of paints him as a guy that believes he did nothing wrong.

BadAndy
08-10-2012, 11:42 PM
AW needs to quit comparing himself to more established wrestling stars. I may again cross a line here. Every entertainment company out there bases their hiring and firing on the value you bring to them. AW's time with company up to his recent run was forgettable and he was no an in ring talent he was a mouth piece for about four months on again off again screen time. Everybody he appears to mention as getting away with something are talents that have been in the business bringing in money for decades. An example would be a third string quarter back getting released for something 5 year starter would of been reprimanded for.

Plus he is kind of stupid for still saying it was a joke. He should of been addressing it as a slip of the tongue and a mistake. His current stance kind of paints him as a guy that believes he did nothing wrong.

I wouldn't say he's comparing himself to more established stars. I'd say he is doing what so many IWC fans do. He's thinking about an era that's past. He grew up with it same as many of us did. To him it wasn't something he did wrong. He sees it as him doing what he was told to do with his character.

Robstar
08-11-2012, 12:51 AM
I think he's highlighting the fact that those stars used controversy and shock tactics to get over in the first place. Why do people still love The Rock and Stone Cold so much? Because all that shit they pulled and got away with. Not totally but it was an important step in making them stand out and get noticed

Sahu
08-11-2012, 03:25 AM
Initially I hated him..but he slowly getting into me...n he really drew my attention towards PTP....without him PTP cannot be the same...

n I'm sure his comments are not in good taste but FIRING is way too much here...they might have suspended him at most....

n he also should have not burn bridges...but we should be in his shoes to understand his status....

Sahu
08-11-2012, 03:27 AM

True!!! The creatives or who ever feeds these managers should give guidelines over what are the topics not to be touched n what to be touched...what r the words to be used or not to be used...

Sahu
08-11-2012, 03:28 AM
I know I'm being too very much of an optimist..can it be a story line??

I mean...AW will shoot on E like Joey Ryan is doing and after the Linda's mess is over..they'll hire him back as a BAAD Manager who comes with his VERY strong stable n try to destroy WWE??:P

SkilletBoi
08-11-2012, 04:06 AM
He was the only thing that made me remotely interested in the tag team division :(

SilverGhost
08-11-2012, 04:40 AM
He was the only thing that made me remotely interested in the tag team division :(

Actually....The Ascension should be in your radar.

AW's firing, wrestlers revolting. WWE shot themselves in the foot. I am interested to see how it pans out with Linda's campaign and the WWE itself. I agree with AW with his points.

Mikeyboy7777777
08-11-2012, 04:52 AM
honestly i could have seen a stable come under AW in which AW would become an interesting manager and the talent would become midcard maybe even main eventers for example truth could become a higher up again but honestly backstage wwe will become a lot more interesting than what's on tv simply because of this and because alot of guys mentioned wanting to speak out are people i actually like more than most main eventers UNLESS barrett returns then it would be awesome

Robstar
08-11-2012, 04:55 AM
I know I'm being too very much of an optimist..can it be a story line??

I mean...AW will shoot on E like Joey Ryan is doing and after the Linda's mess is over..they'll hire him back as a BAAD Manager who comes with his VERY strong stable n try to destroy WWE??:P

Possibly. Possibly they saw how much they gained from the DBD thing and are attempting to replicate it. But my guess is that it's too big a gamble for anything like that. I wouldn't mind betting that they try to palm PTP off on another manager, possibly Striker, Regal, Vickie or even AJ. Honestly, it would be for the best

evilash
08-11-2012, 05:47 AM
Every single fucking day...I get more and more angry at WWE. #vincelovesmoneymorethanfans

Bennyladd1
08-11-2012, 06:16 AM
very disappointing news, he makes a good manager imo, I hope the PTP don't lose their push because of this

TempestH
08-11-2012, 06:19 AM

The Prime Time Players WERE over without AW. They were getting regular TV time and doing their schtick long before AW was in the picture.

AW didn't deserve to be fired for the Kobe joke, but at the same time the Prime Time Players never needed a manager. Creative should have kept him with the Colons.

Kenny Kaos
08-11-2012, 07:07 AM
So the WWE Champion can tell someone to go kill themselves on twitter but A.W. makes a comment about Linda McMahon's political campaign and he's fired...seems fair (this coming from a self confessed CM Punk mark, by the way)

FUCK YOU PG ERA!

AshleyPunk
08-11-2012, 09:03 AM
Well all i can say is thank god!!

akbar
08-11-2012, 09:13 AM
*Kevin Keegan voice* I would LOVE it, if Linda lost her campaign.

Kenny Kaos
08-11-2012, 09:21 AM
*Kevin Keegan voice* I would LOVE it, if Linda lost her campaign.

Haha I don't think a lot of our transatalntic cousins would get that, but very good. So when this campaign is over and she wins/loses can we get back to TV PG-13 at the least?

We need Vince to go and HHH to take over, I have a feeling the product would go back in the right direction with him in charge

Great One
08-11-2012, 09:47 AM
Who cares?

bartish2
08-11-2012, 09:48 AM
no he did not deserve it. wwe is too much image conscious and too pg to even say bad words.

K2Jelly
08-11-2012, 09:48 AM
So the WWE Champion can tell someone to go kill themselves on twitter but A.W. makes a comment about Linda McMahon's political campaign and he's fired...seems fair (this coming from a self confessed CM Punk mark, by the way)

FUCK YOU PG ERA!

Normally, I'd look down on comments like that because most of the time, they come from disgruntled AE marks who're still stuck in the past and are used as biased generalizations of bad wrestling altogether but with the way WWE has been pussy whipped by P.C., all in favor of Linda's campaign, I'd have to agree. I've never been more angry with the WWE than I am now.

K2Jelly
08-11-2012, 09:49 AM
Who cares?

Maybe the dozens of users who've bothered to give insightful comments to the thread?

TNA 'The very best'
08-11-2012, 09:55 AM
In a normal day to day job if you say something as stupid as he did to the public you would be fired on the spot. Its his own fault. I don't really care if I'm honest, found him boring since his ECW days.

Kenny Kaos
08-11-2012, 10:39 AM
Normally, I'd look down on comments like that because most of the time, they come from disgruntled AE marks who're still stuck in the past and are used as biased generalizations of bad wrestling altogether but with the way WWE has been pussy whipped by P.C., all in favor of Linda's campaign, I'd have to agree. I've never been more angry with the WWE than I am now.

Ifs farcical. If they fired him for his Kobee Bryant joke then fair enough, but to attribute his dismissal to his tweet about Linda's campaign, while CM Punk told a fan to go kill themselves, just beggers belief. One rule for one, one for another.

As it goes I wasn't a huge fan of A.W. Thought he went well with the PTP's, good to give them a mouth piece as they're greener then baby's shit on the mic. Just think this firing is biggest piece of corporate bullshit I've ever seen in WWE

bigrence202
08-11-2012, 12:19 PM
very saddened by this news, i wasnt the biggest AW fan, but he was starting to grow on me, and he was a good mouthpiece for the PTP. D Young is decent on the mic but Titus is just flat out horrible, hopefully this doesnt kill them as a tag team. As far as why he was fired i get it he made a comment about a touchy subject and yea he should have been reprimanded BUT NOT FIRED. I also understand that we are no longer in the attitude era but still its so hypocritical of WWE to fire him over a comment that Big Show made years ago,i guess it was ok back then because Linda wasnt running for Senate. If TNA is smart they will pick up AW ASAP and work a angle with him maybe let him be the mouthpiece for aces and eights

BadAndy
08-11-2012, 01:13 PM

I'm with you. I tell you, it's either a crazy double standard or it's a huge misunderstanding on their part. You can have politicians rape, be involved in a death, drugs, etc. and yet they stay in office or get elected. You can have filmmakers rape or kill somebody, flee the country, and have people still praising them and their movies and make disapproving remarks about how unfairly that person is treated. YET, you have a business that you have even changed the name to mean Entertainment and yet you are going to be crucified because your wife is running for office. There should be an outlook on wrestling as an entertainment (not real) and it's tradition to push the edge. I don't say this looking at the AE. I say this as someone who wants to be entertained and knows that there will be hits and misses, offensive and non-offensive remarks.

I understand why AW was let go. I don't like it. I think ultimately Vince probably doesn't like it either. I think that you should be able to separate ones business from one's character/morals/qualifications/etc. that a person has whom happens to be running for a political office. These attacks on Linda's campaign almost feel like an invasion of one's amendments. It's much more complicated than we take it for, but ultimately it's unfortunate. Stepping off the soapbox now.

Dennis
08-11-2012, 01:16 PM
Who cares?
way to put an insightful thought behind your post.

The KANEROONIE!!!
08-11-2012, 01:37 PM
In a normal day to day job if you say something as stupid as he did to the public you would be fired on the spot. Its his own fault. I don't really care if I'm honest, found him boring since his ECW days.

In a normal day job, you would also be fired if you, say, destroyed your boss's car, performed a live sex celebration, claimed things would be better if your boss was dead, attack your boss, etc. Also, stealing a car and beating up officers in real life gets you put in prison for a very long time.

My point here is, this isn't a regular day job, this is WWE. It's meant to entertain. Heels are meant to offend and draw heat. Remember when JBL was feuding with Rey Mysterio and did the whole illegal immigrant thing? I know some Mexicans who were legit angry about that, and most people wouldn't give it a second thought. That's the risk you run when you try to entertain a vast audience. If rape victims are just now getting offended and weren't when Big Show made the comment, then whatever, but AW apologizing should've been enough.

I think this was more about the campaign comment. It sucks to get fired for endorsing what your company is trying so damn hard to endorse without endorsing. And while I also think he did kinda shit the bed on this one as far as his post-release comments are concerned, the fact of the matter is, the guy grew up on this just like we did, realized his dream, and feels betrayed. It's completely understandable that his emotions took control of his fingers at that moment.

Viperfish
08-11-2012, 02:44 PM
I don't know if anyone's mentioned this, but wouldn't WWE have ownership over their superstars' Twitter accounts? When I was working a PR/customer service role for a company, all that stuff was pulled from me when I quit. You'd think WWE would've been a little smarter than that if they didn't have ownership over the accounts, especially if they fire someone so they can immediately revoke access. In the case of JTG, he's still with the company so that's fine. AW on the other hand, if WWE's tech side is run properly, should've had his account taken from him upon his firing so he couldn't do what he just did without going to dirt sheets or doing shoots or whatever.

Cabers
08-11-2012, 03:37 PM
I said it about a week ago if WWE ever needed a reason to get rid of him they had it. Sure enough what pisses me off more is that Sofia Cortez has been released as well screw you Linda!!

steveorton
08-11-2012, 03:53 PM
AW was a great character imo a bad decision by WWE. I hope this doesn't spell the end for PTP.

scribbler_jones
08-11-2012, 04:42 PM
I may be late weighing in, but what disturbs me the most isn't AW's firing - it's the potential fallout from it. Not just the possible future of the PTP, but WWE as a whole. The locker room is already quite upset over the pay issues they are having, and now they have another issue that they are unhappy with. Ultimately, I don't think any of them will do anything drastic - a paycheck is a paycheck... or will be allowed to do anything drastic... but it seems that it's becoming dangerous to be a heel. People trying to fit and project their character (like Chris Jericho in Brazil) are getting in hot water for it. Does WWE even give them guidelines or anything ("Don't bring up certain subjects, don't do this or that...") when letting them do shows? I think that WWE's heels will start becoming more watered down because they will try too hard to avoid stepping on the wrong toes. Also, what's up with some guys getting off scot free with doing stuff that gets other people burned? I know in the corporate world there are always politics, but it's still not ethically correct. Maybe in the grand scheme of things, it won't be a drop in the bucket, but any and every company owes it to its customers to maintain the best possible standards of business conduct - to the customers and to its employees.

SkilletBoi
08-11-2012, 04:45 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmowYlJu3Q8&feature=player_embedded

Robstar
08-11-2012, 05:12 PM
A.W. has continued to lambast WWE (http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news?Item%5Btags%5D=WWE) via Twitter (https://twitter.com/AWPromotions) after his contract was terminated Friday for what a company spokesman says was due to his continued use of offensive and inappropriate comments on live television and on social media after making a rape joke on the July 30 episode of RAW (http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news?Item%5Btags%5D=RAW).

The boisterous personality strongly feels his firing is unfair and that he is being subject to double standards by WWE (http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news?Item%5Btags%5D=WWE), pointing out other similar offensive events where a talent was suspended at most. He wrote, "If I smoked crack or did steroids I'd get suspended but I made a joke and tweeted support Linda and I get fired. #Doesn'tAddUp #Hmmmmm."

A.W. posted several fan remarks noting WWE (http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news?Item%5Btags%5D=WWE)'s double standards towards offensive and inappropriate comments, including Tensai making stereotypical remarks about Japanese people last week on Tout, John Cena (http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news?Item%5Btags%5D=John%20Cena) cracking homophobic insults on WWE (http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news?Item%5Btags%5D=WWE) programming, Randy Orton (http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news?Item%5Btags%5D=Randy%20Orton) suggesting during a radio interview that Kelly Kelly (http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news?Item%5Btags%5D=Kelly%20Kelly) had sexual relations with upwards of ten WWE (http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news?Item%5Btags%5D=WWE) Superstars (http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news?Item%5Btags%5D=Superstars), and Cena and Jerry "The King" Lawler hurling weight-related barbs toward Vickie Guerrero.

"They didn't do shit to Randy Orton (http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news?Item%5Btags%5D=Randy%20Orton) when he called Kelly Kelly (http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news?Item%5Btags%5D=Kelly%20Kelly) a slut, you see the double standard? Fuck politics. #AWForLife."

"Im a HUGE Cena fan, but Cena made fat jokes w/ King, genitalia jokes n homo jokes. Orton bashes K2, Vince mocks JR! #FuckUWWE (http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news?Item%5Btags%5D=WWE)"

"so stealing a car, having a yng girl trying to fuck 3 guys at once and not to mntion the Tensai thing is ok, but no jokes? #BS"

A.W. continued to point out the hypocrisy in Vince McMahon (http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news?Item%5Btags%5D=Vince%20McMahon) mocking Jim Ross (http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news?Item%5Btags%5D=Jim%20Ross)' affliction with Bell's palsy while simultaneously promoting the 'be a STAR' anti-bullying campaign; on the June 11 episode of Raw, the WWE (http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news?Item%5Btags%5D=WWE) Chairman donned a J.R.-style hat, mimicked Ross' facial paralysis and yelled, "Stone Cold! Stone Cold! Stone Cold!" He re-tweeted, "So Vince can continually bash @JRsBBQ by teasing his ball palsy but yet your comments where deemed worse? Be a star my ass." He then posted this photo (https://p.twimg.com/Az_OhdVCEAExkSq.jpg:large) of McMahon distorting his face to ridicule Ross, with the caption reading "MOCKING JR: QUALITY PG ENTERTAINMENT."

A.W. also pointed out McMahon using a racial slur on WWE (http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news?Item%5Btags%5D=WWE) programming in 2006, and enclosed a link to this footage (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmowYlJu3Q8) footage of the segment. He noted via re-tweet, "VINCE MCMAHON CAN SAY THE "N" WORD ON NATIONAL T.V. BUT @AWPromotions CAN'T TELL A JOKE.............whats wrong with this picture???"

A.W. also feels it's hypocritical that WWE (http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news?Item%5Btags%5D=WWE) would celebrate boxer Mike Tyson, who was convicted of rape in 1992 and sentenced to six years in prison. He re-tweeted, "You said one Kobe Bryant rape joke and you got fired. Isn't Mike Tyson a convicted rapist? Yet he is in the HoF. Hypocrisy." He then posted side-by-side images of himself and Tyson (https://twitter.com/DirtSheetMafia/status/234156586728304640/photo/1), with the caption over his photo reading "FIRED FROM WWE (http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news?Item%5Btags%5D=WWE) OVER RAPE JOKE" and a caption over the Tyson photo reading "CONVICTED RAPIST - WWE (http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news?Item%5Btags%5D=WWE) HALL OF FAMER."

A.W. plans to continue to "shoot" as he has set up a second Twitter account under his real name, Brian Jossie, at BJRatedR. He noted on the account, "Ladies and Gentlemen welcome to my fucking non PG world!!! Where all bets are off and I tell it like it is. Fuck the Bull Shit, I'm legit!

Kenny Kaos
08-11-2012, 05:21 PM
A.W. has continued to lambast WWE (http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news?Item%5Btags%5D=WWE) via Twitter (https://twitter.com/AWPromotions) after his contract was terminated Friday for what a company spokesman says was due to his continued use of offensive and inappropriate comments on live television and on social media after making a rape joke on the July 30 episode of RAW (http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news?Item%5Btags%5D=RAW).

The boisterous personality strongly feels his firing is unfair and that he is being subject to double standards by WWE (http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news?Item%5Btags%5D=WWE), pointing out other similar offensive events where a talent was suspended at most. He wrote, "If I smoked crack or did steroids I'd get suspended but I made a joke and tweeted support Linda and I get fired. #Doesn'tAddUp #Hmmmmm."

A.W. posted several fan remarks noting WWE (http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news?Item%5Btags%5D=WWE)'s double standards towards offensive and inappropriate comments, including Tensai making stereotypical remarks about Japanese people last week on Tout, John Cena (http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news?Item%5Btags%5D=John%20Cena) cracking homophobic insults on WWE (http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news?Item%5Btags%5D=WWE) programming, Randy Orton (http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news?Item%5Btags%5D=Randy%20Orton) suggesting during a radio interview that Kelly Kelly (http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news?Item%5Btags%5D=Kelly%20Kelly) had sexual relations with upwards of ten WWE (http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news?Item%5Btags%5D=WWE) Superstars (http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news?Item%5Btags%5D=Superstars), and Cena and Jerry "The King" Lawler hurling weight-related barbs toward Vickie Guerrero.

"They didn't do shit to Randy Orton (http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news?Item%5Btags%5D=Randy%20Orton) when he called Kelly Kelly (http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news?Item%5Btags%5D=Kelly%20Kelly) a slut, you see the double standard? Fuck politics. #AWForLife."

"Im a HUGE Cena fan, but Cena made fat jokes w/ King, genitalia jokes n homo jokes. Orton bashes K2, Vince mocks JR! #FuckUWWE (http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news?Item%5Btags%5D=WWE)"

"so stealing a car, having a yng girl trying to fuck 3 guys at once and not to mntion the Tensai thing is ok, but no jokes? #BS"

A.W. continued to point out the hypocrisy in Vince McMahon (http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news?Item%5Btags%5D=Vince%20McMahon) mocking Jim Ross (http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news?Item%5Btags%5D=Jim%20Ross)' affliction with Bell's palsy while simultaneously promoting the 'be a STAR' anti-bullying campaign; on the June 11 episode of Raw, the WWE (http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news?Item%5Btags%5D=WWE) Chairman donned a J.R.-style hat, mimicked Ross' facial paralysis and yelled, "Stone Cold! Stone Cold! Stone Cold!" He re-tweeted, "So Vince can continually bash @JRsBBQ by teasing his ball palsy but yet your comments where deemed worse? Be a star my ass." He then posted this photo (https://p.twimg.com/Az_OhdVCEAExkSq.jpg:large) of McMahon distorting his face to ridicule Ross, with the caption reading "MOCKING JR: QUALITY PG ENTERTAINMENT."

A.W. also pointed out McMahon using a racial slur on WWE (http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news?Item%5Btags%5D=WWE) programming in 2006, and enclosed a link to this footage (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmowYlJu3Q8) footage of the segment. He noted via re-tweet, "VINCE MCMAHON CAN SAY THE "N" WORD ON NATIONAL T.V. BUT @AWPromotions CAN'T TELL A JOKE.............whats wrong with this picture???"

A.W. also feels it's hypocritical that WWE (http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news?Item%5Btags%5D=WWE) would celebrate boxer Mike Tyson, who was convicted of rape in 1992 and sentenced to six years in prison. He re-tweeted, "You said one Kobe Bryant rape joke and you got fired. Isn't Mike Tyson a convicted rapist? Yet he is in the HoF. Hypocrisy." He then posted side-by-side images of himself and Tyson (https://twitter.com/DirtSheetMafia/status/234156586728304640/photo/1), with the caption over his photo reading "FIRED FROM WWE (http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news?Item%5Btags%5D=WWE) OVER RAPE JOKE" and a caption over the Tyson photo reading "CONVICTED RAPIST - WWE (http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news?Item%5Btags%5D=WWE) HALL OF FAMER."

A.W. plans to continue to "shoot" as he has set up a second Twitter account under his real name, Brian Jossie, at BJRatedR. He noted on the account, "Ladies and Gentlemen welcome to my fucking non PG world!!! Where all bets are off and I tell it like it is. Fuck the Bull Shit, I'm legit!

I'm loving this guy more and more! haha! YES! YES! YES! YES!

eyehatecena
08-11-2012, 05:49 PM
yeah i was shocked he got fired too. A suspension for his joke would have been fair. But saying something about lindas campain is what truly got him fired- and it was a positive comment at that. But with the cammpain going on, its a bad thing for wwe. Wrestlers are complaining about huge drops in their cuts from shows, while the top stars, agents and such still get loads of money. Wrestlers leaving when their contracts are over, or are just being released outright- kharma and ivielse two recent ones. All this, along with AWs firing really can not look good for lindas senate run.

BadAndy
08-11-2012, 06:52 PM

I must've missed something. What is being referred to here with the young girl? Was that a WWE storyline???? That's crazy shit.

HeelTurn
08-11-2012, 06:55 PM

I must've missed something. What is being referred to here with the young girl? Was that a WWE storyline???? That's crazy shit.

I assume he is talking about the AJ storyline with Punk, Bryan and Kane.

FancyShmancyPants17
08-11-2012, 06:56 PM

Yeah, I'd like to know where that was from, too.

Robstar
08-11-2012, 06:59 PM

Ummmm, hello fellas? The AJ/DBD/Punk/Kane storyline?

Dennis
08-11-2012, 07:00 PM
a.j. lee she is 25 but whatever floats his boat... she's a young girl apparently. (while being older than me, an adult)

Robstar
I assume he is talking about the AJ storyline with Punk, Bryan and Kane.

Ninja'd me!

Robstar
a.j. lee she is 25 but whatever floats his boat... she's a young girl apparently. (while being older than me, an adult)

She's a young girl to me mate ;)

FancyShmancyPants17
08-11-2012, 07:02 PM
She's a young girl to me mate ;)

She even said she looks like a high-schooler! She sort of does, she's very tiny. I bet she gets carded all the time.

K2Jelly
08-11-2012, 07:03 PM
She even said she looks like a high-schooler! She sort of does, she's very tiny. I bet she gets carded all the time.

You don't know the half of it, honey.

*cough*Robstar*cough* Oh, excuse me. Darn allergies! :D

Dennis
08-11-2012, 07:04 PM
your suppose to get carded where I live if you look under 38.. so I hope she would get carded or the people are blind haha

FancyShmancyPants17
08-11-2012, 07:06 PM
your suppose to get carded where I live if you look under 38.. so I hope she would get carded or the people are blind haha

Haha. I wonder if she will ever look 38

Robstar
08-11-2012, 07:13 PM
You don't know the half of it, honey.

*cough*Robstar*cough* Oh, excuse me. Darn allergies! :D

I'm everyone's favourite Aussie. After Miranda Kerr.
http://images.askmen.com/celebs/women/celeb_profiles_model/34_miranda_kerr-915575-large_image-915575-large_image.jpg
http://www.gq.com/images/women/2010/05/miranda-kerr/miranda-kerr-outtake01.jpg
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-ORORPFPk94A/Tu8U6gsKeoI/AAAAAAAADno/Z-kwYj1Ap5w/s1600/Miranda%2BKerr%2B%25282%2529-706407.jpg

She's 29 officer! I swear!! lolol

Dennis
08-11-2012, 07:14 PM
http://images.askmen.com/celebs/women/celeb_profiles_model/34_miranda_kerr-915575-large_image-915575-large_image.jpg
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-ORORPFPk94A/Tu8U6gsKeoI/AAAAAAAADno/Z-kwYj1Ap5w/s1600/Miranda%2BKerr%2B%25282%2529-706407.jpg

she looks about the same age of a.j. IMO

FancyShmancyPants17
08-11-2012, 07:17 PM

If you were to show me the second photo and ask me who it was, I would have never have guessed Miranda. That looks nothing like her (face).

Robstar
08-11-2012, 07:21 PM
she looks about the same age of a.j. IMO

Exactly. That's why she gets so much work in an industry obsessed with image. As long as that image is young and slender. She's even popped out a baby.

Dennis
08-11-2012, 07:32 PM
Exactly. That's why she gets so much work in an industry obsessed with image. As long as that image is young and slender. She's even popped out a baby.
http://www.popcrunch.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/Olivia-Wilde-Hot100-2011-1.jpg
that's someone that gets alot of attention in america.. if you confuse her for a high school student you have issues haha...

Bodom
08-11-2012, 07:34 PM
How did this turn into a thread about Rob and a woman nobody has ever heard of?

CM Rock-Austin
08-11-2012, 07:40 PM

Lol, I was about to ask the same thing.

Update:* As previously noted, agents/producers get everything paid for (private flights, limos to the arena, hotels, etc.) while mid-card guys and Divas sit in coach, rent their cars and pay for hotels and food.

Yea, I'm guessing $500 a show doesn't do a lot at all seeing they have to pay for all of that.

Robstar
08-11-2012, 07:42 PM
http://www.popcrunch.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/Olivia-Wilde-Hot100-2011-1.jpg
that's someone that gets alot of attention in america.. if you confuse her for a high school student you have issues haha...

Who's that?

Because everything is about me. And I hope Orlando Bloom has heard about her - he married her. ;)

K2Jelly
08-11-2012, 07:45 PM
Who's that?

I believe that's the abomination known as Kristen Stewart.

Dennis
08-11-2012, 07:47 PM
magic! :) I thought we were talking about how aw said that wwe was promoting women who looked like girls... so he was showing how society is obsessed with girls who look young.. then I showed a girl who society is obsessed with who doesn't look young.

Dennis
Who's that?

Because everything is about me. And I hope Orlando Bloom has heard about her - he married her. ;)
olivia wilde. not kirsten stewart

Bodom
Lol, I was about to ask the same thing.

Update:* As previously noted, agents/producers get everything paid for (private flights, limos to the arena, hotels, etc.) while mid-card guys and Divas sit in coach, rent their cars and pay for hotels and food.

Yea, I'm guessing $500 a show doesn't do a lot at all seeing they have to pay for all of that.

That sure would suck if it's true. But all that is listed as a “WZR exclusive". So it isn't.

CM Rock-Austin
08-11-2012, 07:48 PM
I believe that's the abomination known as Kristen Stewart.

Hmmm doesn't look like it

Robstar
08-11-2012, 07:49 PM
olivia wilde. not kirsten stewart

I have vaguely heard of her. Maybe on TMZ?

FancyShmancyPants17
08-11-2012, 07:49 PM
magic! :) I thought we were talking about how aw said that wwe was promoting women who looked like girls... so he was showing how society is obsessed with girls who look young.. then I showed a girl who society is obsessed with who doesn't look young.

Kristen Stewart still looks young. Younger than AJ young, actually.

Dennis
08-11-2012, 07:50 PM
it's olivia wilde! haha.. not kirsten stewart

FancyShmancyPants17
08-11-2012, 07:51 PM
Okay well we are all getting too confused about a subject not even related to the topic of this thread. Lol

Robstar
08-11-2012, 07:52 PM

Seeing that Stewart chick makes me sort of understand why domestic violence happens. Just saying :eek:

Robstar
08-11-2012, 07:53 PM
Okay well we are all getting too confused about a subject not even related to the topic of this thread. Lol

It was at a point, then it got derailed, eWN style!

FancyShmancyPants17
08-11-2012, 07:55 PM
It was at a point, then it got derailed, eWN style!

Haha! Kristen Stewart is actually 22, so she is younger than AJ.

Dennis
08-11-2012, 07:56 PM
I have vaguely heard of her. Maybe on TMZ?
house. tron. cowboys and aliens. and probably tmz

FancyShmancyPants17
08-11-2012, 07:59 PM
house. tron. cowboys and aliens. and probably tmz

Yeah, I knew her from House. And she's on some Revlon beauty commercials I've seen on tv, lol.

BadAndy
08-11-2012, 08:24 PM
Ummmm, hello fellas? The AJ/DBD/Punk/Kane storyline?

I never gathered that she was a.) young, she's of an adult age; and b.) wanted to fuck them. Throughout the whole crazy girl storyline I never felt she was going after then to bed them. That's a real stretch there. If anything, Cena with his creepy "you smell good" comment was more of a come on the get with her.

VanHooliganX
08-11-2012, 08:28 PM
Wow AW. I can understand being upset about getting fired but he's really proving to be very butthurt now.

BadAndy
08-11-2012, 08:31 PM
By the way Robstar, Miranda Kerr looks her age. She doesn't look that young to me. I would've guessed about 28. She has a young looking body but the face tells all.

Dennis
08-11-2012, 08:36 PM
Seeing that Stewart chick makes me sort of understand why domestic violence happens. Just saying :eek:
I'm almost thinking about making this my new sig haha

BadAndy
08-11-2012, 08:39 PM
I'm almost thinking about making this my new sig haha

Retire the BadAndy quote eh?

Robstar
08-11-2012, 08:40 PM
I never gathered that she was a.) young, she's of an adult age; and b.) wanted to fuck them. Throughout the whole crazy girl storyline I never felt she was going after then to bed them. That's a real stretch there. If anything, Cena with his creepy "you smell good" comment was more of a come on the get with her.

Unless a person is completely innocent or naive, then the whole point of courting, flirting or in any way romantically engaging someone is to eventually end up in bed together. One thing you could say with absolute unequivocal surety about that storyline was that it was never in any way about LOVE. AJ's character was never trying to win their hearts - she was prick teasing them. Which is why I found the whole thing slightly disturbing in the first place. So yeah, she was using her lady parts to sway them - not her 'winning personality'. :rolleyes: Anyone who can objectify her rather than idealising her would see that.

Dennis
08-11-2012, 08:48 PM
Do you ask someone to marry you so you can hold hands these days? also didn't she jump on kane with her legs wrapped around his groin area and lip lock him? I think that's a little farther than a cheesy smell good comment. haha

K2Jelly
08-11-2012, 08:50 PM
Hold on, fellas. This thread is about A.W. not A.J.! ;)

So anyways, did anyone else see those picture BJ posted on his Twitter page? It was pretty damn funny. He might be the biggest blessing to Twitter since The Iron Sheik.

Robstar
08-11-2012, 08:54 PM
Hold on, fellas. This thread is about A.W. not A.J.! ;)

So anyways, did anyone else see those picture BJ posted on his Twitter page? It was pretty damn funny. He might be the biggest blessing to Twitter since The Iron Sheik.

Who's BJ??

WBJ
08-11-2012, 08:55 PM
Well, It Seems That A.W Could Sue The WWE If He Was Fired Over A Political Statement(Freedom Of Speech), If He Supports A Politician And Gets Fired Over It...That Doesn't Seem Right!(I Know Yall Think The Whole Kobe Thing Was What Fired Him, But They Kept Him On Until He Said Linda's Name Out Of Support)

K2Jelly
08-11-2012, 08:56 PM
Who's BJ??

Brian Jossie a.k.a Abraham Washington. Since he made a new Twitter account under his real name, I thought it'd be more appropriate to call him by his real name now.

Robstar
08-11-2012, 08:56 PM
Got a link?

K2Jelly
08-11-2012, 08:58 PM
Got a link?

Remember that article you posted earlier today. There are some links that are embedded in there that will send you right to them.

K2Jelly
08-11-2012, 08:59 PM

Red = link.

Robstar
08-11-2012, 09:00 PM
Lol, ok, didn't think of that!

akbar
08-11-2012, 09:03 PM
The Tyson/AW picture is brilliant, and a good point. Hahaha

Dennis
08-11-2012, 09:04 PM
his comparison with tyson is probably the most epic slap in the face of the wwe I have witnessed in a long time haha

Viperfish
08-11-2012, 09:31 PM
The Tyson thing is a weak comparison. First of all, the rape had nothing to do with WWE. It happened before Tyson came into WWE. By some people's logic, WWE should've had absolutely nothing to do with MVP for his prior run-in with the law(of which he served far longer than Tyson did). How about Nathan Jones, even though he was in WWE for a cup of coffee? If there were no such thing as second chances(period, not just within the company itself) your beloved Jim Ross would never have been the voice of Monday Night RAW.

Of course there's the more obvious point that Mike Tyson has actually done something for the company and people in general know who he is which is what the celebrity wing of the Hall of Fame is designed around. AW hasn't done shit(in fairness, he hasn't really been given the opportunity), and nobody knows who he is.

Don't think that I think the firing is just, all I'm saying is that the comparison is weak. The Big Show comparison is much better since it's the same set of circumstances with different results.

eyehatecena
08-11-2012, 10:29 PM
I'm thinking this will ruin Linda's senate run- especially once the press picks up on it. AW's joke was in bad taste, and as others have pointed out here- there is a double standard. Its a PG show now, yet Cena can get away with homophobic material(not dissing Cena as it was probably written for him), Vince can make fun of JR, etc. WWE plays a big part in the Be A Star anti bullying program, yet portrays the opposite on its show at times(yes, I know its scripted, but still).

I really hope all this union talk scares the shit out of WWE, they have a lot of talent who they waste(Nattie Neidhart, Beth, Jack Swagger, etc) or wasted(Gail Kim, Harry Smith). If more talent leaves, I don't blame em. And if they add more TV shows, its just going to get worse. More work for some, and no better work conditions. And plase, no more Tough Enough shows, its a waste of time. Miz and Morrison were the only that actually had a chance to make something of themselves in WWE. This past season- the winner got fired as did Iveilse(recently)- who in my opinion would have been great addition to the Divas

Robstar
08-11-2012, 11:10 PM
Can you just imagine the amount of clips of questionable WWE moments, even in the last 5 or so years, that they could edit together to make Linda look bad? They probably wouldn't even need AW's remark in there either.

AWrestlingGod
08-12-2012, 03:32 AM
Can you just imagine the amount of clips of questionable WWE moments, even in the last 5 or so years, that they could edit together to make Linda look bad? They probably wouldn't even need AW's remark in there either.

Katie Vick (not the last 5 years) comes to mind, Shelton Benjamin. MVP top talent being released, Bringing back
Randy Orton after his second suspension just because he is a top star but firing other talent like Brian Kendrick over the same thing.. I can think of more but these are major issues that come to mine.

Torphy
08-12-2012, 03:43 AM
In all honesty i'm hoping this whole fiasco derails Linda's run for senate. In her noble quest to right the wrongs of society the WWE has turned into a lazy parents babysitter, for this.. she must be punished..

evilash
08-12-2012, 04:13 AM
I demand all fans who have spoken out against AW''s firing attend a future WWE event and chant "AW! AW! AW! AW! AW! or "We Want AW! *clap-clap-clapclapclap* We Want AW!"

mike savelli
08-12-2012, 06:32 AM
hi why did wwe rlesaese aw

TheCityLights
08-12-2012, 07:48 AM
hi why did wwe rlesaese aw

I DUnno...

Bodom
08-12-2012, 08:57 AM
Haha. That's an OG troll right there.

samoan619
08-12-2012, 09:09 AM
To be honest, I never really cared for AW in the first place.. I never cared for the Prime Time Players either, so im hoping this pushes them down and brings the Usos up into their slot lol..

CricketTragic
08-12-2012, 09:17 AM

There is so many exaggerations with this post I do not know where to start honestly

I will start with the bolded as this shocked me the most.

So any TV show, Song lyric, poem etc with the word unstoppable cant be used because of some shooting by a whack job?

Also I am a victim of rape and I do not need you telling me what is demeaning to a rape victim and what is not as this was not demeaning to me in the slightest.

He was not going after Kobe Bryant he was using a metaphor to describe hes client.

Last thing I will say is you do not think that Jerichos flag issue is as bad as his comment? Jericho although inadvertantly insulted a whole nation while AW made a gag about a basketball player who at the very least made a poor error of judgement.

CricketTragic
08-12-2012, 09:23 AM
In all honesty i'm hoping this whole fiasco derails Linda's run for senate. In her noble quest to right the wrongs of society the WWE has turned into a lazy parents babysitter, for this.. she must be punished..

Quoted for truth

Also if this is the way WWE runs things via a dictating, Our way or the highway approach I dont think Linda Mcmahon is the right person to represent the people

Asherdelampyr
08-12-2012, 09:59 AM
To be honest, I never really cared for AW in the first place.. I never cared for the Prime Time Players either, so im hoping this pushes them down and brings the Usos up into their slot lol..

The Uso's deserve that spot. There is no good reason for them not to be tag champs

BadAndy
08-12-2012, 10:49 AM
I think things are a little misunderstood here. We aren't in politics so it's hard to say how or what we'd do in that situation. Linda is under a microscope as all candidates will be during an election year. The thing that an opponent will look at is how that person runs their personal life and their business. Linda happened to be a part of a business that was very edgy and had controversial stories. In her moving into the political arena, she wanted to distance herself from that. By doing so, we pretty much had the AE come to an end. Most things that have been attacks on her so far have been things about past AE shows. Even though she's not a part of the business anymore, she's still viewed as so and so current edgy material will be reflected on her. I can imagine a senate run is a pretty stressful thing, so something like what AW did (while not termination worthy material) is enough to put unwanted stress on top of an already stressful situation. I don't wish Linda ill because of this. It sucks, but ultimately I think it's fairly reasonable why this move was made.

Iron Ape
08-12-2012, 11:00 AM
Well, It Seems That A.W Could Sue The WWE If He Was Fired Over A Political Statement(Freedom Of Speech), If He Supports A Politician And Gets Fired Over It...That Doesn't Seem Right!(I Know Yall Think The Whole Kobe Thing Was What Fired Him, But They Kept Him On Until He Said Linda's Name Out Of Support)
Part of the genius of Vince only hiring independent contractors is that he can't then be sued for wrongful termination, as contractors have no standing to pursue such litigious action. So, yeah, A.W. ain't going to be suing shit. I mean, I guess he could try, but it would be a futile endeavor (even more so than lashing out against one's former employer on the friggin' internet).

johnnydropkicks
08-12-2012, 09:39 PM
anyone watch their match against primo and epico on SD? WWE is now out the best manager in a while.

eyehatecena
08-13-2012, 12:08 PM
i have to agree with Ape, A W isn't going to sue WWE with the way things are set up- besides he was not a top-teir guy like Cena, Orton and such. Guys like that would probably have a good chance if they ever sued. Regardless, i hope AW continues his rants and others start to speak up- or walk out on WWE.

eyehatecena
08-13-2012, 10:08 PM
So much for JTG speaking up- least he was in a match

Dennis
08-14-2012, 10:10 AM
the longer aw is gone the longer I realize it's good that he is gone "What else can I say... JTG just got did in for his disrespect to his masters.. #IAintOnThePlantation." that might be one of the worst tweets I have ever read. If you have problems with the wwe that's ok whatever I'm sure the wwe has some major haters from within but comparing the wwe to slavery is stupid... stop it aw your just proving vince's point

eyehatecena
08-14-2012, 03:13 PM
i remember when Big Show took a few yrs off from WWE, and he did an interview under his given name- Paul Wight, he said Big Show was his slave name. If you look at it- you work for WWE you have no life, you have no say in things, you will be given a new name and identity,.. etc. Unless you are Orton, Cena, etc. I worked in a place where there was a lot of infighting- i worked with a lot of girls. I keep my mouth shut for the longest, then had to complain to management cause i could not take it anymore. What did i get out of it? I got move to the job nobody wanted, working with some scary chemicals. I wound up quiting- gave my two weeks notice and was let go that day- thats how they do it there. I learned my lesson- do not speak up, put up with the bad shit, lol. Seriously though, i would have gone crazy if i would have stayed in the place

SilverGhost
08-18-2012, 02:31 PM
AW vs CM Punk twitter war?

Dubs
08-18-2012, 02:53 PM
AW vs CM Punk twitter war?
A.W is looking like a true moron.

Bodom
08-18-2012, 03:01 PM
A.W is looking like a true moron.

Seriously. His act has gotten majorly old.