PDA

View Full Version : Shocking angle of the summer?

UK1987
08-10-2012, 03:10 AM
Now, I have just had a thought on something. Could be totally left field but I think it could work as a shocking angle for the summer. I know it is thought that CM Punk turning heel was that angle but that could be masking the real story.

There have been some recent posts on the site about the poor treatment of the mid card talent and how they are not getting the same treatment as the top level talent. What do you guys think to that being a storyline and the shocking angle being the mid card talent taking things into their own hands and attacking the top talents. There is talk of this union in the wwe, well maybe this union could be the storyline. All of the mid carders coming in when there is a promo going on between Cena and Punk for example and they tear them up leaving them in the ring. With similar after effects of the Nexus angle. This could go on for months with there being a leader of the group. Dolph Ziggler maybe?? And with him having MITB they could all come in and beat up Sheamus... Music hits... Ziggler runs in, cashes, wins title and then the group have the strap... This puts him in a leader position and then they hoist him above they heads, celebrating..

This gives a chance to see if any of these guys have the potential to be good at the top level and brings in a shocking angle through the summer... Gives a chance to get rid of Santino's gimmick also. After Jinder Mahal led the mid carders to the ring to get beaten up by Kane and Taker, it could stem from there.

What are your thoughts??

RockBanditPhil
08-10-2012, 03:28 AM
Dude, I love it. I honestly think that would be frickin epic. It would be an excellent way to get the mid-card talent into the main event picture without taking away from the current main eventers. It would also give us an interesting storyline instead of the same ole crap. Great idea!

Gazza010
08-10-2012, 03:49 AM
Whilst I like this idea, it is basically a re-incarnation of the Nexus storyline. Also how do you see the storyline ending? With a story line as big as you are suggesting, this would take the majority of WWE's TV time, and if you have the top-card faces such as Cena, Orton, Sheamus together against this mid-card faction, cant you just see the babyfaces conquering the faction like they always do? Which would end in the evitable disappointment which the IWC always complains about.

My suggestion to end it would be, seeing as we are using low to mid card superstars, have groups attacking the babyfaces, but after a while, you see individual vendettas start to form between individuals from the faction and babyfaces that we have never seen before for example) Drew McIntrye vs John Cena?

This will allow the faction to peter out without any real disappointment, we get fresh, new fueds that we have not seen before, and the low to mid card get on TV and Pay-per-views more often.

FLWWEFan
08-10-2012, 05:40 AM
It's a great idea but sounds a little bit too much like the Nexus angle for my liking.

AshleyPunk
08-10-2012, 06:37 AM
Sounds awesome!!! :)

Pumpkinhead
08-10-2012, 08:22 AM
even it sounds like the nexus angle, the group would have a point, they're are been abused meanwhile the top guys have all the luxury

Sahu
08-10-2012, 10:22 AM
It is a mix of Nexus n Punk's story line where he negotiate for luxuries with VKM...n it will be great to see for few weeks...

I want it to end in a different way...I do not want baby faces to end it..but, I want that faction to be ended from inside i.e., they end up fighting among themselves..

bartish2
08-10-2012, 10:50 AM
sure, anythings better than the cm punk heel turn lol

Regal>Cena
08-10-2012, 10:51 AM
Personally I think its a really good idea. There was a lot of talk a few months back about working the dirtsheets more, and its not as if the tweets JTG put out couldn't have been scripted.

I would personally make the authority figure somebody like Paul Heyman, and he could carry on feuding with HHH after Lesnar is done with him. It would play to Paul Heymans "alternative" image, give HHH a storyline in which he is more of a revamped "Mr MacMahon" character and it would make the mid card bouts start to mean something again.

I don't think you'd give them the WHC or WWE Title too early, but Reks & Hawkins as their Tag Champs and maybe someone like JTG as US Champ if he is going to be a focal point of sorts.

Gazza010
08-10-2012, 10:52 AM
It is a mix of Nexus n Punk's story line where he negotiate for luxuries with VKM...n it will be great to see for few weeks...

I want it to end in a different way...I do not want baby faces to end it..but, I want that faction to be ended from inside i.e., they end up fighting among themselves..

Evolution-esque?

TNA 'The very best'
08-10-2012, 10:55 AM
I'd much prefer this to the current Punk Angle. I think it would be good. Although, whats going on behind the scenes seems legit and if it is WWE could be in serious trouble.

Sahu
08-10-2012, 11:08 AM
Evolution-esque?

I never liked the way evolution ended..there was no final bang matches even though HHH/Batista had a long feud to end it n HHH/Flair also had a feud...

But those feuds are all about HHH....nothing like evolution is broken.....

I want this faction to end from inside but with focus point being the faction not individuals...

Seanb93
08-10-2012, 02:47 PM
I agree with the OP, I think this whole thing is a work. Its got potential too.

Cabers
08-10-2012, 04:07 PM
Mid carders get better pay its only right in fairness!! Sell out shows millions in profit and then the guys who drew that money get paid $500 a night bollocks to that. The are the ones taking the bumps and some of the higher ups in Titan towers get the money as Chris Rock would say That Ain't Right!!

AWrestlingGod
08-10-2012, 04:12 PM
If it involved Swagger, Barreta, and JTG getting TV time then I'm all for it.

HeelTurn
08-10-2012, 04:13 PM
This would actually be pretty interesting to watch. Remember when the wrestlers walked out on Triple H last year?

Darkside Ron Garvin
08-10-2012, 04:19 PM
This would actually be pretty interesting to watch. Remember when the wrestlers walked out on Triple H last year?

You sir, have hit the nail on the head. This could be very interesting if it gets any further than just dirtsheet talk

CM_SUXX_NOT
08-10-2012, 06:43 PM
Now, I have just had a thought on something. Could be totally left field but I think it could work as a shocking angle for the summer. I know it is thought that CM Punk turning heel was that angle but that could be masking the real story.

There have been some recent posts on the site about the poor treatment of the mid card talent and how they are not getting the same treatment as the top level talent. What do you guys think to that being a storyline and the shocking angle being the mid card talent taking things into their own hands and attacking the top talents. There is talk of this union in the wwe, well maybe this union could be the storyline. All of the mid carders coming in when there is a promo going on between Cena and Punk for example and they tear them up leaving them in the ring. With similar after effects of the Nexus angle. This could go on for months with there being a leader of the group. Dolph Ziggler maybe?? And with him having MITB they could all come in and beat up Sheamus... Music hits... Ziggler runs in, cashes, wins title and then the group have the strap... This puts him in a leader position and then they hoist him above they heads, celebrating..

This gives a chance to see if any of these guys have the potential to be good at the top level and brings in a shocking angle through the summer... Gives a chance to get rid of Santino's gimmick also. After Jinder Mahal led the mid carders to the ring to get beaten up by Kane and Taker, it could stem from there.

What are your thoughts??
Is it even possible to mark out at a forum post? Because I just fucking did.

Dubs
08-10-2012, 09:22 PM
Eh, sounds very Nexus and WCW Natural Born Thrillers-like to me. I'm not opposed to the idea of another new blood stable with it giving mid-carders a chance to be showcased in an intriguing storyline but once you've seen these type of angles, you've seen them all. They ultimately lead to no sense of direction creative-wise. But I like I said, anything to give the mid-carders a chance to at least do something and if it can be a way to elevate a guy like Dolph Ziggler or even someone like Cody Rhodes, than I'm all for an angle like this happening.

UK1987
08-11-2012, 04:21 AM
Is it even possible to mark out at a forum post? Because I just fucking did.

Lol cheers dude

ParagonOfVirtue
08-11-2012, 10:31 PM
I really like the OP idea, but let's look at another avenue.

Punk's heel turn. The biggest thing he's been talking about is respect. Tired of living in the shadow of Cena, Big Show, whoever else who is NOT the WWE champion.

Nash has been very vocal on twitter and in interviews about an nWo re-boot, name-dropping Punk a lot. Which, is fairly strange considering A) interaction between the two from last year, and B) his recent comments about undersized wrestlers (Which interestingly enough, J.R. said he disagreed, but mentioned more or less that Kevin is up to something).

A.W.'s firing, JTG's tweets, and numerous reports about unhappy talent.

So, let's say OP's idea does come to fruition. How do you think the WWE champion, on his new "respect" kick, is going to feel about all this attention being given to Ziggler and "the upstarts"? SES meets nWo with Punk at the helm and Nash in an enforcer role, that way we don't have to see his ass attempt to wrestle. Who else jumps on the boat?

Alternatively, merge the OP's idea with Punk as their "voice" instead of ziggler. Falls right in line with various statements he has made in the past about not fitting the image of what the company wants as a champ, and in all actuality, isn't his current argument against Cena the same one that these mid/under carders have with the main eventers? Sure seems like Punk, in his current mode, fits in quite nicely as a mouthpiece for these guys.

Or.... it's a not a work, and TNA is about to get more goods. Who knows?