PDA

View Full Version : NXT / SD! Production Style on WWE RAW

johnnydropkicks
08-09-2012, 01:34 PM
I don't really watch NXT. It's hard to get at and what with RAW being 3 hours we get enough WWE anyway. But I did see a couple of matches from NXT recently from videos that were posted here and I noticed that the style of the show is greatly different from what is shown on RAW and albeit to a lesser degree even SD!.

For one thing the wrestling is a lot more technical even out of people not known for technical wrestling, much more similar to what you'd expect from ROH.

And I think that might be somewhat intentional as WWE is covering their bases and offering great in-ring work so as not to lose some people that are interested in that to roh but that's another story.

Mainly, the biggest difference I noticed right away was the camera angles and style of shooting the action. In NXT, there are styles of capturing the action that make it look more dynamic, such as different camera angles with more sharp angle shots, and besides that, things like snap zooms and intentional cut aways and surprise cut tos of certain spots to make some moves seem surprising. They also utilize a lot of moving camera angles. It seems like they have been phasing some of it in on SD! more recently.

I think it makes the action look a lot better and professional than it does on RAW. One of the upsides is that it naturally makes it all look more dynamic and impressive. Another is that when the camera is moving, it's harder to tell the forces involved behind a move, making them look more realistic/hard-hitting.

But one of the downsides I see is that it's a little more fatiguing and disorienting than on RAW, and could become tedious and annoying if over-done.

What do you guys think? Would you like RAW to be shot like NXT? What about SD!? What do you thinks the pros and cons are? Where do PPVS fit in?

Cabers
08-09-2012, 02:30 PM
I would prefer one match from NXT than an entire episode of reruns that is Raw these days!!

LostOmega
08-09-2012, 03:50 PM
I love how NXT is done. It's the WWE's best show, in my opinion. If NXT is supposedly there to showcase future WWE talents, then the future looks bright!

BadAndy
08-09-2012, 04:04 PM
I've said it before and I'll say it again. NXT isn't bogged down with a wrestler's popularity making him be the main event all the time. There are able to take more chances, create more storylines, and give wrestlers more of a chance to showcase their talents. I noticed the camera angels with the new NXT/FCW merger and I do like them. I did however notice that they were focusing more on wrestling and less on stories in the first one I've watched of the merger and that is a bit disappointing. I love my wrestling but I do like how they create stories that make the matches mean something as well. Hopefully in the future they'll do more of this. NXT is my favorite show that WWE has right now.

FancyShmancyPants17
08-09-2012, 04:10 PM
I think everything about NXT is great. Shouldn't change a thing. But I believe that RAW would be better if there were more of the technical matches that you see in NXT.

tweedidldum
08-09-2012, 04:47 PM
NXT is a stepping stone to see if that style goes over well with the WWE fans, oddly enough it resembles old school WWE....Hmmmm!!!

maybe they will convert to this with smackdown and raw eventually, which would be a good thing in a lot of peoples eyes right now with its growing popularity.

scribbler_jones
08-09-2012, 08:52 PM
I'm liking NXT right now. Especially the belt... digging the belt. But as far as the talent being used, I'm happy with seeing guys like J. Gabriel and Tyler Black (and don't forget Bray Wyatt!) getting airtime. I'm also with BadAndy: no overbearing storylines - just wrestling. And good stuff like the Tyler Black vs Drew MacIntyre match the other week. Aside from Superstars, I really don't keep up with the big brands.

SilverGhost
08-10-2012, 04:42 PM
It would be a huge plus if RAW and SD! gets techy like NXT.

I love NXT like the rest of you guys and its environment. Just relaxed. No rush for storylines or anything. It is just young guys and wrestling.

HeelTurn
08-10-2012, 04:48 PM
I still don't see how Raw is 3 hours, nothing seems different.

Anyway NXT is great and if Raw or even SD emulated it more, they would be better shows.

BadAndy
08-10-2012, 09:28 PM
I actually do like backstage segments as long as that's not what the show becomes about (i.e., Raw and Smackdown). I like a little 30 second backstage something or other to push a storyline. Ohno had a great backstage promo on the first NXT/FCW that I loved and then proceeded to have the first match of his that I was really impressed with on the past weeks episode. I love the fact that the Divas can put on a match that lasts 6-10 minutes. The show was great as NXT Redemption or season 6 or whatever but I love the FCW talent they've pulled in and it has only made the show stronger. IMO, I think what Smackdown and Raw really need to see is that you don't always have to focus on the guys with the fattest contracts or put a mic in their hand and let them talk for 20 min. You can have the in-ring story tell you everything you need to know.

johnnydropkicks
08-10-2012, 09:55 PM
I still don't see how Raw is 3 hours, nothing seems different.

Anyway NXT is great and if Raw or even SD emulated it more, they would be better shows.

you know the funny thing is I was thinking the same thing. don't even know what the third hour is being used for. where are the mid card matches or multiple main event segments that really build a ppv match?