PDA

View Full Version : Heath Slater: Future Singles Champion

AWrestlingGod
08-09-2012, 02:25 AM
Heath Slater is I feel the most underrated wrestler on the roster, yea more so than Hawkins, Ryder, or McIntyre. I feel his character could easily be a future intercontienal champion and that maybe he could start carrying a guitar to the ring and start getting some wins (I.e Jeff Jarrett) I know some people don't like his promos but I feel when he talks he puts heart into a lot of what he says. And remember this guy has pinned Edge, Jericho, and John Cena, I think its time for Slater to win the Intercontienal title (Cesaro for US Champion).

Opinions.

Robstar
08-09-2012, 02:30 AM
I see Slater as a future IC champ for sure

PSOjedi
08-09-2012, 02:32 AM
IC or US Championship, he deserves to be main eventer in the midcard.

tweedidldum
08-09-2012, 02:50 AM
IC or US Championship, he deserves to be main eventer in the midcard.

what the hell are u talking about deserves to be main eventer...who the hell has he beat never mind lately but since he's been in the WWE.

see this is what ive been saying for so long now everyone pushing these guys so fast and they havn't even done anything to deserve it.
there is no more payng your dues so to speak at all. This is the biggest load of crap i heard yet. A very impatient generation with the touch of everything at their finger tips.

Im not flamming you or anything but come on people this is half the reason the WWE is in the state that it's in.

Incubus_99
08-09-2012, 02:50 AM
Damn straight this guy deserves to be IC Champ...he is very under rated...

tweedidldum
08-09-2012, 02:52 AM
Damn straight this guy deserves to be IC Champ...he is very under rated...

UNBELIEVABLE!!!! thats all i have to say LOL....oh my!!!

AWrestlingGod
08-09-2012, 02:57 AM
what the hell are u talking about deserves to be main eventer...who the hell has he beat never mind lately but since he's been in the WWE.

see this is what ive been saying for so long now everyone pushing these guys so fast and they havn't even done anything to deserve it.
there is no more payng your dues so to speak at all. This is the biggest load of crap i heard yet. A very impatient generation with the touch of everything at their finger tips.

Im not flamming you or anything but come on people this is half the reason the WWE is in the state that it's in.

He was part of the biggest faction in the last 5-7 years, was a former 3 time tag team champion, has pinned edge, jericho, and cena since hes been in WWE, has put over legends like Sid Vicious, he deserves a title reign and payed his dues don't you think?

bcfccalum
08-09-2012, 02:58 AM

i think he meant he should be an upper mid carder as in like Kofi Kingston is, as opposed to what someone like Chris Masters was in his 2nd run in WWE

PSOjedi
08-09-2012, 03:00 AM

I'm not saying he should be "midcard main eventer" right now, I say he should be push right now, slowly but surely, in the midcard, to end main eventer there. He is talented and his mic skills are better months after months, so yes he deserves a push.

No need to talk like that

tweedidldum
08-09-2012, 03:06 AM
im not talking at you im talking with you. Like i said nothing against anyone who thinks this but i think that a good portion of the roster is pushed to soon and the novelty wears off too quickly and it shows on most of these threads.

Look at some of the legends now and their history. Now and days it's a big push for talent that haven't been there long to please the internet and social media audience because they lose interest way too fast now and days thats so true. Anyone that's not blind can see that. Especially if you have watched the WWE through each generation...myself, the 70's 80's and 90's

letswrestle
08-09-2012, 03:52 AM
I HATED Heath Slater and put him on lists of those I wanted FE'd but am not actually properly dissapointed when he's not on RAW. I think he's definitly a future singles champ IC/US has to be next for him.

I think the IC championship now has some of it's prestige back; last four champs - Big Show, Cody Rhodes, Christian, The Miz(hate him). Thats 3 former and a future world champ. Time to put it on an up and comer. I'd like to see Cesaro, Sandow, Slater, Otunga, Ryback all have runs with either or both by the end of the year. We've had the world champs bring some prestige now let's have some young talent fight for the belts.

Dr. Death
08-09-2012, 07:31 AM
I'd like to know how you got that Heath Slater is more underrated than Drew McIntyre? At least Slater gets to see air time, while McIntyre doesn't get as much airtime, and when he does, they put him in squash matches. This is all because of backstage politics though.

akbar
08-09-2012, 08:12 AM
Heath Slater - Future world champ, heard it here folks;)

Jerichoholic_92
08-09-2012, 08:46 AM
I can't believe we are even having this discussion. Of course he will, he's the "ONE MAN BAAAAANNNNNND BABY!"

Seriously though, I think he will eventually if continues as he is. He isn't ready for any great push at the moment though in my opinion.

ToiletBowl
08-09-2012, 10:19 AM
Slater is supposedly a great guy at promoting himself backstage. McIntyre isn't. I read that Slater came up with the legends angle and the McMahons loved the idea. It really helped get him over backstage and he received high praise from the legends involved. Not to mention is was a weekly must see segment. He's due for a push soon. I just hope he doesn't flame out like Ryder.

VanHooliganX
08-09-2012, 10:21 AM
Slightly unsure currently. I could see him going into all 3 at the moment but I wouldn't mind him being IC champion.

BadAndy
08-09-2012, 10:26 AM
I'm the only one that wants to FE this guy. I just don't see it. Because of what he's done with his jobbing he'll probably get a title shot but he has yet to even get close to wowing me. I consider him another Ryder. People seem obsessed with him and as soon as he gets a little extra air time people will be bored with him. I will forever stand by my dislike of him.

HeelTurn
08-09-2012, 10:28 AM
If Santino can hold the US title for what seems like an eternity and do nothing with it, I don't see why not. Maybe not the IC title for a while, as it seems to be the more prestigious of the 2 mid-card belts.

Cabers
08-09-2012, 02:16 PM
Just because you never specified a time-frame so he will be FE'd (Eventually)

HCollins-TNA1
08-09-2012, 02:18 PM
Right now he one of the best jobbers WWE has!!!!
Although I could see him winning the the IC or US title if given the right time and moment...

TheDevilsAdvocate
08-09-2012, 02:21 PM
I think the US Championship should be an option. Seeing as Heath Slater is short on the prestigious career leash I could see him winning the belt off of that jokard known by many as Santino Marella. It's a good way to save the championship while slowly building some cred on Heath at the same time.

AWrestlingGod
08-09-2012, 03:34 PM
I think the US Championship should be an option. Seeing as Heath Slater is short on the prestigious career leash I could see him winning the belt off of that jokard known by many as Santino Marella. It's a good way to save the championship while slowly building some cred on Heath at the same time.

I was going to make that an option but I thought the US Championship was Smackdown Brand only, and Heath Slater is a raw superstar, so I felt he couldn't win it.. I could be wrong

G.G.G.
08-09-2012, 09:26 PM
I like Slater personally, but I don't think they would push him, even though not a major one (at least he was on TV), just to have him be a jobber or FE. I think they see potential in him its more or less getting the feud started. I mean after the whole legends thing, his first match was with Randy Orton which tells you they see potential in him.

Dubs
08-09-2012, 10:34 PM
I don't see Slater getting FE'd. Although I don't see him getting much of a big push just yet. I hope he gets at least one mid-card title reign as his gimmick is starting to grow on me.

JohnnyPhantom
08-10-2012, 12:06 AM
Its funny that someone created this because each week when I see Slater on TV I see his character develope into a better and better heal. I mean, the guy has the natural ability for you to want to hate him. Not the kind of hate that makes you like him in the next breath but just all out... bleh, which is something that the WWE needs in a midcard role.*

I would love to see him as the United States champion, seeing as he would actually bring something back to the title rather than the JOKE that Santino has become. He really has made the title nothing... I used to find him entertaining but now im wishing they'd just push Sandow, Slater or hell even Alex Riley to the point where they can take the cobra down.

But I digress, Heath Slater for US Champ is a definite yes. He already has a track record of being able to hold gold and actually put on good matches. He gets praised by veterans for making them look good and goes out and does his thing each and every week. Why not put the belt on him, and have him squeek out wins but cheating, using a guitar (ala Jarrett) or just all out trickery.*

An Idea, if the WWE isnt high on giving Randy Orton the spotlight for awhile. Have Slater fued with him... get some cheap wins to boost him and give him the strap. Its an idea... a far fetched one but itd be entertaining.

timfeyenoord
08-10-2012, 11:37 AM
I was going to make that an option but I thought the US Championship was Smackdown Brand only, and Heath Slater is a raw superstar, so I felt he couldn't win it.. I could be wrong

Well before the end of the brand split the IC Title was on SD! and the US Title was on RAW and Slater was on SD! But now it seems it doesn't matter anymore on which brand you are since both Santino and Miz are/were RAW Superstars.

On: I think he deserves possibly a US Title reign but for now nothing more. Maybe in the future but he'd have to develope himself and not be like Ryder.

When being US Champion they can maybe make him and the US Title a bit more credible by him challenging former US Champions for about a month with him defeating them and then possibly going into a solid feud from there.

steveorton
08-11-2012, 08:32 PM
Sorry to say it but Future Endeavoured.