PDA

View Full Version : Laurinaitis - What Happened??

Robstar
08-09-2012, 02:13 AM
I have to wonder what on earth John Laurinaitis did wrong. OK, I know he was fake "fired" as GM but ever since, his role in the company has been diminished. Now, reportedly, he's a road agent - quite a come down from VP of talent relations.

I can't help but speculate if Johnny Ace has fallen victim to Vince's fragile ego. It appears to me that Laurinaitis, much the same as Jim Ross has had the rug pulled out from under him and I suspect for the same reason this fate has befallen each guy because they were doing their job too well. Is Vince threatened by people who are more in touch with the business than him? More over than him? Of course this is speculation, but it's my best guess.

Of course, they might have simply pissed Vince off in some other way. Or it could be the old 'team underperforming, sack the coach' routine.

Thoughts?

bcfccalum
08-09-2012, 02:51 AM
i read in a report somewhere that he was just too burned out from being vice president of talent relations and your general manager of monday night raw and smackdown. he is due to be returning to tv soon though

tweedidldum
08-09-2012, 02:54 AM
Who cares!!!

Robstar
08-09-2012, 03:04 AM
Who cares!!!

Thanks for your insight. I hope it didn't hurt coming up with that.

TheRealOutlaw
08-09-2012, 03:10 AM
He gave most of his duties up after being burned out, it's been talked about before. As far as JR goes, I have a feeling that it has been his choice not to be on Raw as much for the fact with his bells palsy and him getting older to me I notice it might be getting a little harder for him to talk for a long time. I don't mean that in a disrespecting way, I think he is doing a huge amount of behind the scenes stuff for WWE.

Robstar
08-09-2012, 03:13 AM
I was referring to when, many years ago, Vince removed him(JR) from the head of talent relations overnight. JR was responsible for bringing a lot of big names to WWE. I think Vince was jealous that he couldn't develop the rapport with the guys that JR could.

Also, I'm not sure JL stepped aside so much as he was pushed.

TheRockerGother
08-09-2012, 03:33 AM
Heard he was tired and that with some of the roster pissed off he didn't want to deal with it.

letswrestle
08-09-2012, 07:21 AM
Aj is stale already, she'll have a breakdown in a few weeks then Johnny Ace will swoop in and People Power will return.

HeelTurn
08-09-2012, 07:26 AM
Its been reported (so take it foe what its worth) that Triple H is not a fan of his, so maybe its not down to Vinne Mac, but his son in law and future owner of the WWE.

Darkside Ron Garvin
08-09-2012, 07:39 AM
Honestly, I am not too keen on the idea of him returning. The character re-hash got extremely one dimensional in that what started with Punk/JL turned to Cena/JL and I couldn't see the character evolving. The best part of it was the Otunga showing potential with his character. As for the Talent Relations, I hope that it is for his own benefit in the long run. The man works his ass off for the product and if he needed something that was better for him in the long run, I don't see it as a demotion. I see it as them giving their employees every chance to be successful. The added bonus is that if his replacement can't live up to expectations, at least JL can step in and guide him in how to perform in that position. If all else fails, I am sure after a 6 months trial run with his replacement, they can place JL back in the position until they either find a permanent replacement, or JL is up to returning to the position in full capacity.

akbar
08-09-2012, 08:05 AM
I miss Johny Ace and his People Power stuff, I really felt 'people power' could've been a proper 'thing' in the WWE, that shit was hilarious.

And while I like AJ, he should've been kept GM, a heel GM is always best.

BadAndy
08-09-2012, 10:29 AM
I've had a nagging feeling that there's something more to it than the reports of the burn out. I could be totally off but I'm not sure. I think he has some upside to him but there's too much downside. He was passable as a heel GM and what I liked most was the other wrestlers making fun of his voice. I just think he was a little too dull. He didn't often seem too into his character and that kind of pushed me away.

HCollins-TNA1
08-09-2012, 01:15 PM
It most likely a mix of things.....
From most reports here and elsewhere he was burned out working 9 or so years as VP of the WWE, as well as being demoted by Vince and Triple H..... One thing for sure he gave the company a good heel Power in charge during his later days as VP... If he was to return to TV he should be some kind of executive yet....
I could easily see him leaving for while, even going else-where...

Cabers
08-09-2012, 02:27 PM
It is one of the most tiring jobs you can have in wrestling apparently and even Bischoff gave him praise for lasting 5 years in that position!
Take that for what its worth but if its even half true fair play to him.