PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Nash, lost any respect I had for the man

FLWWEFan
08-08-2012, 08:09 AM
In a recent interview with Grantland.com he bad mouthed Chris Benoit and Eddie Guerrero saying they are what killed wrestling and should've never became Main Eventers. He also went on to badmouth CM Punk and Daniel Bryan. What a joke this guy is. I'm guessing if Kevin was in charge of booking The Great Khali would be the World Champ right now or someone along those lines. Just goes to show you what a joke this guy is. Below is a link to the interview.

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/8241536/wrestling-star-kevin-nash-making-headway-hollywood-keeps-night

justinjackson1983
08-08-2012, 08:27 AM
fair enough you feel that way however thats his opinion and he is entitled to it.

Mr. Ziggles
08-08-2012, 08:32 AM
I read this earlier, and I honestly thought he was high.

But I can kind of see what he means, in if you have some one who looks like lets say Mark Henry, and stand him up against someone like CM Punk, you look at the difference in the two and you would say Henry realistically would be the odds on favorite to win.

but he just sounded like he was going on a rant, which brought down the whole tone, he really should have chosen his words better IMO.

jordan1995
08-08-2012, 08:38 AM
Sounds bitter from Nash, no need to make the comments and its made him sound like even more of a prick.

tdp
08-08-2012, 08:44 AM
I read that last night, personally I respect his right to have an opinion along with the nature of his opinion (putting down the "small" guys). What I find distasteful though is him trying to discount Eddie's legacy like that. Eddie was one of my favorite wrestlers who sadly left us too soon, keep his name out of your mouth Nash. Upset he was more entertaining in one night than you were your whole career? Upset you didn't get that wrestlemania moment perhaps? I actually wonder how much these comments were just about Nash looking for attention.

FLWWEFan
08-08-2012, 09:10 AM
Jericho and Nash have been having a twitter war over these comments. Jericho said he hope Nash didn't tear his quad tweeting. and added the hashtags #typicalbigman #nwothirdwheel

Bob Bowman
08-08-2012, 09:29 AM
Kevin Nash is just an old, jealous, and bitter person that he will never have the career that people like Guerrero, CM Punk, and Benoit had. He will forever be known as the wrestler that drew the least in WWE's history. The only reason he found success with the nWo is because of Hogan and Scott Hall. I will give Nash credit and say that he is a funny person, but his wrestling skills lacked greatly and he should have never been a champ. His personality isn't larger than life. As a matter of fact, it's pretty boring.... Eddie was entertaining and actually got the crowd into his matches, whether he was a heel or face. Nash was a third wheel who got injured a lot. Randy Savage was a much better wrestler than Nash, and that's why he was able to take a belt off of him before. CM Punk vs. Bryan trumps Hogan vs. Nash. Hogan vs. Nash sucked horribly when it happened, and mostly because of Nash.

Jerichoholic_92
08-08-2012, 09:38 AM
Who would pay to watch a guy at 5 foot 7 ? Well me for one. But you would also have the millions around the world, who payed to watch guys like Shawn Michaels and Ric Flair. Guys who are only 5"10 themselves. The guys an idiot, who only had sucess because he hitched a ride on the 'Hogan and Hall' gravy train. He's not even fit enough to lace Eddie Guerrero or Chris Benoit's boots!

FLWWEFan
08-08-2012, 09:38 AM
Kevin Nash is just an old, jealous, and bitter person that he will never have the career that people like Guerrero, CM Punk, and Benoit had. He will forever be known as the wrestler that drew the least in WWE's history. The only reason he found success with the nWo is because of Hogan and Scott Hall. I will give Nash credit and say that he is a funny person, but his wrestling skills lacked greatly and he should have never been a champ. His personality isn't larger than life. As a matter of fact, it's pretty boring.... Eddie was entertaining and actually got the crowd into his matches, whether he was a heel or face. Nash was a third wheel who got injured a lot. Randy Savage was a much better wrestler than Nash, and that's why he was able to take a belt off of him before. CM Punk vs. Bryan trumps Hogan vs. Nash. Hogan vs. Nash sucked horribly when it happened, and mostly because of Nash.

Easily. And when you think of memorable matches in wrestling history the name Kevin Nash doesn't even come to mind. Yet Benoit, Eddie, Punk, and Bryan have had a tremendous amount of memorable matches.

justin sane
08-08-2012, 09:58 AM
because Bret Hart and HBK were 6'5?

maar13
08-08-2012, 10:06 AM
Come on kids, give the man a break, what it shows is that his is just a Dinosour in the current wrestling world.

Yes, that mentality is wrong but hey, a lot practices from the past were and you know Nash has always had an ego larger than life, besides The business is nowhere near where it was back then because it lacks of diversity and no, TNA or ROH does not count, not because they are not at the same level but because they don't compete directly with WWE, even if they say they do, they don't.

Also, not to point it out but the most succesful Wrestlemania was Wrestlemania 23 and it was Main evented by two guys who's Heigh is average in Cena and HBK, both being 6' 1".

Sahu
08-08-2012, 10:11 AM
When I saw the report on this site...seeing the title I thought he's talking about Benoit n Guerrero's deaths and the impact it had on wrestling...but, when i clicked n read what he wrote..I felt very bad....

This very bull shit thinking of Nash made small and very talented guys like Jericho, Benoit n Eddie move out of WCW and when they joined WWF back then, they brought a very technical dimension to the the company...

The death of wrestling is not because Eddie n Benoit celebrating on WM XX...but because the BIG GUY NASH was playing finger poking games live on TV which lead to the downfall of WCW n thus, pro-wrestling altogether...

KJ PUNK
08-08-2012, 10:11 AM
Hahaha, this guy is so full of himself. So he created the blueprint of the attitude era and inspired McMahon to do the Austin character? Give me a break. I'd rather have 20 "vanilla midgets" like Eddie and Benoit before another vanilla douche like Nash.

Spear-O-Matic
08-08-2012, 10:12 AM
I think someone should take a second to tell Nash that his buddy, Shawn, is only billed at 6'1", 225. That's an inch shorter than Punk and only 7lbs heavier.

masakaritko
08-08-2012, 10:26 AM
because Bret Hart and HBK were 6'5?
they both stood at 6'1" which is only a few inches taller than eddie and benoit. in fact, CM Punk is taller than both of them at 6'2. With Nash's comments, he pretty much even tried to discredit someone he is supposedly good friends with, HBK, who is considered one of the greatest if not the greatest in ring performer of all time, without actually mentioning him of course. It's bitterness for sure.

El T Draino 316
08-08-2012, 10:26 AM
Nash is so off-base and naive here it's legitimately pathetic. Allow El T Draino to break it down.

I don't mean to get too philosophical here, but honestly - the attitude era killed the attitude era. Kevin Nash was a part of it. The drug use, the steroid use, the wild lifestyles that were tolerated during that decade - killed the era because they killed (RIP) Guerrero and Benoit. Does Nash thing there were 5 people in the crowd at Wrestlemania XX who said, "EFF THIS. I'm done watching because those two are under 6 foot!" No, that's ridiculous. The WWE had to change it's image because 2 main eventers died in very publicized catastrophies. The wrestling industry got a ton of negative exposure the year both of them passed. Could Vince not make changes?

Nash is given an opportunity to have some spotlight again, and a few months later he's badmouthing Punk? Such a desperate old loser. Did Nash ever think that perhaps the crowds like seeing people they can relate to slaying the giants? I personally think its awesome to see guys like DB, Jericho, Ziggler, and Punk climbing the ranks. Do I think they could take the Big Show in a real fight? No. But do I think wrestling is a show, and most fights people don't allow others to punch them square in the face 10 times, only to block the 11th and hit a Stunner? Uhhh, duh. To criticize believability in who beats who is to question the entire fucking idea of professional wrestling as entertainment. Theres a reason David vs Goliath is a popular story. No one gives a shit if Goliath crushes David because it 'makes sense.' End rant.

masakaritko
08-08-2012, 10:29 AM
But here's the thing people, wrestling isn't dead, in fact, it was in a fluctuating dormant period for a while, and it's slowly starting to boom again. I can't tell you how many people I see walking around with CM Punk and Daniel Bryan shirts on.

masakaritko
08-08-2012, 10:31 AM
nash is so off-base and naive here it's legitimately pathetic. Allow el t draino to break it down.

I don't mean to get too philosophical here, but honestly - the attitude era killed the attitude era. Kevin nash was a part of it. The drug use, the steroid use, the wild lifestyles that were tolerated during that decade - killed the era because they killed (rip) guerrero and benoit. Does nash thing there were 5 people in the crowd at wrestlemania xx who said, "eff this. I'm done watching because those two are under 6 foot!" no, that's ridiculous. The wwe had to change it's image because 2 main eventers died in very publicized catastrophies. The wrestling industry got a ton of negative exposure the year both of them passed. Could vince not make changes?

Nash is given an opportunity to have some spotlight again, and a few months later he's badmouthing punk? Such a desperate old loser. Did nash ever think that perhaps the crowds like seeing people they can relate to slaying the giants? I personally think its awesome to see guys like db, jericho, ziggler, and punk climbing the ranks. Do i think they could take the big show in a real fight? No. But do i think wrestling is a show, and most fights people don't allow others to punch them square in the face 10 times, only to block the 11th and hit a stunner? Uhhh, duh. To criticize believability in who beats who is to question the entire fucking idea of professional wrestling as entertainment. Theres a reason david vs goliath is a popular story. No one gives a shit if goliath crushes david because it 'makes sense.' end rant.
^^^
^^^
this

masakaritko
08-08-2012, 10:33 AM
I think someone should take a second to tell Nash that his buddy, Shawn, is only billed at 6'1", 225. That's an inch shorter than Punk and only 7lbs heavier.
lol I see you beat me to the punch

masakaritko
08-08-2012, 10:34 AM
and I find it funny that Nash tweeted that Jericho is the "puppetmaster" of the internet wrestling fans. cracks me up

The Phantom Menace
08-08-2012, 10:36 AM
Let "Big" Kevin say whatever he wants. Who cares, really? On his best day he couldn't carry either Eddies, Chris's, Shawn's, Bryan's or Punk's jock straps & I was a Nash fan. This was just a pathetic attempt at keeping himself relevant in wrestling. Those "vanilla midgets" made him both a ton of money & made him look good whenever he worked with them.

HolyJose2391
08-08-2012, 10:38 AM
Big=/=Talented. Nash is bitter that all he can do is a big boot and a powerbomb. It's all about talent. Eddie and Chris busted their asses to get to their spot having been in the business for almost 20 years until they each won their respective Championships. Nash got it because he sucked up to McMahon. He's allowed to his opinion but his opinion is obviously based on his bitterness towards the legacy benoit and Eddie left behind. Good job Nash this is what you'll be remembered for now

Jerichoholic_92
08-08-2012, 10:43 AM
The NWO killed wrestling infact! They killed WCW, and when that died so did the competitiveness nature of the industry, which in turn killed WWE's nature to be the best because they were the only ones left.

I also think Nash has forgot that he and the NWO only drew money for like, a year or so. They might have been PAID big money for years, but they didn't MAKE money for all that long. They took and took, and gave nothing in return. Greedy ignorant parasites like him and Hogan caused this so called 'death of wrestling' to occur.

Plus I don't agree that the buisness is dead. Maybe not as big as it was in the past, but certainly not dead.

Aaron0912
08-08-2012, 11:05 AM
Nash is just an old school guy still living in the old territory days. The only reason that stereotypical "tough/big" guys were the champions back in the old NWA days was to stop the challengers from actually starting a shoot fight in the middle of the ring to try win the championship (especially when the title was only changed when agreed to by the NWA board of directors). To that extent, Nash is right that the current guys wouldn't survive in that environment. No way could Punk or Eddie legitimately defend their titles against Bruiser Brody or Stan Hansen if a shoot fight ever broke out. However, since the territories disappeared, that threat has pretty much been squashed so technical ability and entertaining fans has become top priority and on that point he is dead wrong. No one would ever choose a Big Show or Ezekiel Jackson match over a Bryan or Ziggler. It's not his fault he has that opinion, nor is he wrong to think it, it just happens that it isn't relevant in this era and shows how out of touch he is with the modern product.

masakaritko
08-08-2012, 11:06 AM
again i say, NOTHING killed the wrestling business. If wrestling were dead there would be no wrestling today. Things may have hindered the advancement of wrestling, but it's slowly starting to recover.

LMPunker
08-08-2012, 11:20 AM
i dont beilive nash said that seeing as how one of his best friends is shawn michaels who had to over such assbackwards views and after the 1000th episode of raw said wwe did the right thing keeping the title on punk so i do question why he would say these things but i wouldnt take what he says to seriously nash cant draw on his own id be willing to bet rey mysterio whos 5ft6 and 175lbs has drawn more crowds and money then nash

vinnienfg
08-08-2012, 11:27 AM
But here's the thing people, wrestling isn't dead, in fact, it was in a fluctuating dormant period for a while, and it's slowly starting to boom again. I can't tell you how many people I see walking around with CM Punk and Daniel Bryan shirts on.

In my hometown over the past few weeks I've seen a few people (all adults) wearing wrestling t-shirts which were Cody Rhodes, Lil' Jimmy' CM Punk and Dolph Ziggler. I can't remember seeing Stone Cold or The Rock t-shirts being worn back during the attitude era, so I wouldn't say it's a dying industry.

Nash recently said he wanted CM Punk to lead a new NWO, "CM Punk can pick who he wants if not me I'm cool with that .just think the brand is so strong an he can continue it with his skill and edge". I can't help but wonder if Nash suffers from short term memory loss.

tupelojoe81
08-08-2012, 11:32 AM
frankly, i dont care how tall the guys are (and i dont mean Hornswoggle). I pay to see good wrestling. Daniel Bryan isnt tall, and sells merchandise and tickets.....I'm a Nash fan, but he's just wrong here.

evilash
08-08-2012, 11:34 AM
When I want to watch WRESTLING, I want to see a 5-star WRESTLING match. Why should anyone care what height the guys are? I don't even understand where "Big Sexy" is coming from? Didn't he put all of the TNA X-Division wrestlers over at one point? Didn't he return to WWE recently to put over CM Punk? I think that fans those who are saying "Nash is just saying this to try and stay relevant" is completely RIGHT! In 95', when Nash as "Diesel" was Champion, it was one of the worst era's in wrestling. When Nash rose to the top in WCW as part of the nWo - when he and Scott Hall were mega-over - it was all politics! He was pushed because Eric Bischoff was a pushover. Nash has NEVER deserved the pushes he was given on TV. He's just jealous - and he bloody-well is - because guys like Eddie Guerrero, Chris Benoit and Chris Jericho were handed nothing and busted their asses to get where they got. They worked for it. Nash didn't. And all those guys can actually WRESTLE, and have put on some of the best matches in wrestling history. Kevin Nash, when he does interviews and such, or when you hear about him, always has the swagger about him, and speaks as if he's the best thing ever - he's cocky as-hell to say the least. But why? Yeah, you were a part of the nWo. The nWo is dead. You were big in WCW. WCW is dead. Much like your career. Scott Hall started the nWo angle on WCW Nitro with an earth-shattering promo. Eric Bischoff came up with the idea. Hulk Hogan put them on the map with his heel turn. Like the Kliq, Nash was just riding their coat-tails. Kevin Nash NEEDS to stop going on about the past. You are a talentless waste! You can cut great promos, I'll give you that, but other than that, you old git, you are a slow, lazy, VANILLA GIANT!!! Fuck off you egomanical, jealous prick. "...that ratings killer, Kevin Nash" Quote, CM Punk

Dubs
08-08-2012, 11:36 AM
Kevin Nash is entitled to his opinion. Whether we agree with it or not, it's still his opinion.

Now, in my opinion, Kevin Nash may be over-exaggerating when he says Chris Benoit and Eddie winning both the World Heavyweight title and WWE title was a sign of the wrestling business dying but come on now. Let's not pretend that Eddie and Benoit drew while they were on top. Otherwise, Eddie and Benoit would had the belts longer than they did. This is certainly not a knock on both guys and I'm a fan of both of their wrestling careers but they never really drew than expected.

Now, what I don't understand is Nash's theory of smaller wrestlers not drawing but like I said, it's his opinion even though I don't quite understand it.

akbar
08-08-2012, 11:37 AM
Nash recently said he wanted CM Punk to lead a new NWO, "CM Punk can pick who he wants if not me I'm cool with that .just think the brand is so strong an he can continue it with his skill and edge". I can't help but wonder if Nash suffers from short term memory loss.
Or he's just a drug filled idiot that doesn't know what he is talking about and no one else should acknowledge it, ever again.

Dubs
08-08-2012, 11:41 AM
The NWO killed wrestling infact! They killed WCW, and when that died so did the competitiveness nature of the industry, which in turn killed WWE's nature to be the best because they were the only ones left.

Nah, NWO didn't kill WCW. WCW was financially unstable way before Hogan and co came to the company. It kept hitting them harder and harder once they kept losing money.

TheRealOutlaw
08-08-2012, 12:26 PM
Anyone think this might be a storyline for Nash? Think about it, he says he would love CM Punk to lead the new NWO as CM Punk turns heel. Now he is bashing other wrestlers. I doubt its a storyline angle but would be interesting. I think Nash is upset that he was not asked to be part of Raw 1000, they had DX reunion and even though Nash was really never part of DX he still new those guys.

Playboy Stevie V
08-08-2012, 01:59 PM
I'm not agreeing with Nash AT ALL, but I think there is some hard feelings regarding Nash and Benoit, Eddie and Y2J. It spans back from the old WCW days when first Jericho jumped ship because lack of opportunities because of people like Nash. Then Benoit, Eddie, Dean and Perry jumped ship to the WWE because of people like Nash. Then WCW crumbled as people like Benoit, Eddie and Y2J excelled, proving Nash and the Dinosaurs WRONG.

Then most of them proved that they could DRAW more than Nash. I think Nash still might have his panties in a bunch about that.

Dubs
08-08-2012, 02:06 PM
Anyone think this might be a storyline for Nash? Think about it, he says he would love CM Punk to lead the new NWO as CM Punk turns heel. Now he is bashing other wrestlers. I doubt its a storyline angle but would be interesting. I think Nash is upset that he was not asked to be part of Raw 1000, they had DX reunion and even though Nash was really never part of DX he still new those guys.
It could be that but I really wouldn't want to see another NWO stable. Maybe under a different name, it will work but another version of the NWO isn't something I would like to see personally.

K2Jelly
08-08-2012, 02:10 PM
Chavo Guerrero Sr. didn't take too kindly to Nash's opinion. Seriously, it looks like The Iron Sheik wrote it for him.

"nash remain a f— moron idiot just because he was a freak and bigger than normal people he stll has no clue wt a wrestler .. entertainer or worker is my grandson that i am training noe cld have abetter match than him, idiot i can take his fat ass down now .. cant do a promo and if u saw his last promo in wwe with punk punk punked him he had no clue wt a waste of body maybe .. maybe his a syncronized wrestler diesel my ass"

Jerichoholic_92
08-08-2012, 02:11 PM
Nah, NWO didn't kill WCW. WCW was financially unstable way before Hogan and co came to the company. It kept hitting them harder and harder once they kept losing money.

Well I suppose I can't deny that. But you have to admit, those guys on big money contracts that put together some of the worst angles imaginable (finger poke of doom.) Think of the fans they turned away with such antics. They might have been in a mess finacially anway, but when they lost viewers, the end was inevitable.

TheRealOutlaw
08-08-2012, 02:12 PM
It could be that but I really wouldn't want to see another NWO stable. Maybe under a different name, it will work but another version of the NWO isn't something I would like to see personally.

I do agree with that. It's like the DX thing. It was great back then and only back then. But they want to keep it going here and there. Yeah the DX reunion was nice. But going back to the same old stuff gets old.

Cabers
08-08-2012, 02:21 PM
That Nash is a crafty fella we are all talking about him! #winning

dashkatae
08-08-2012, 02:32 PM
Never was a wcw fan or anything like that. Only thing I know about Kevin Nash is that he lost to a finger poke.

izzy024
08-08-2012, 02:39 PM
kevin nash is an idiot those two wrestlers had more talent in there little pinky then he ever did in his prime the three wrestling moves he knows just didn't cut it and who was the giant killer in wcw yes rey mysterio jr has he was referred to back then and who was his first victim grandaddy cool and he is pretty much calling vinnie mac and idiot for putting the titles on them

izzy024
08-08-2012, 02:45 PM
kevin nash is an idiot those two wrestlers had more talent in there little pinky then he ever did in his prime the three wrestling moves he knows just didn't cut it and who was the giant killer in wcw yes rey mysterio jr has he was referred to back then and who was his first victim grandaddy cool and he is pretty much calling vinnie mac and idiot for putting the titles on them

imswm
08-08-2012, 03:36 PM
Hmm, isn't this the same Kevin Nash who was sucking up mightily to Punk--calling him Phil and the whole nine--just a week or so ago???

I actually back his point to a degree, believing wrestlers should be larger than life by both definitions of the phrase; but times have changed and guys of that size are pursuing other interests. Furthermore, mediocre workers of great size--especially those who HASSIVELY overrate themselves--have sucked, regardless of the era. Nash should count his blessings--i.e. that he was able to milk so many lucrative contracts out of ltd skills--and shut his trap.

VoiceOfTheSilentMajority
08-08-2012, 04:25 PM
Kevin Nash has done the impossible, after 5 long years he has turned Benoit face again.

lewism173
08-08-2012, 05:00 PM
he is bitter cus punk out shined him and his bubby HHH at TLC and through out the whole feud kind of funny him talking about drawing people when he couldn't draw for shit

SHW
08-08-2012, 05:46 PM
1) they were on their 3rd bottle of wine

2) its nash, he says things to create controversy and get people talking about him...and is very good at it...

ewantu2
08-08-2012, 06:15 PM
fair enough you feel that way however thats his opinion and he is entitled to it.

And were entitled to think it sucks.

Robstar
08-08-2012, 06:29 PM
Nash has a history of making broad idiotic statements. The sub-text to this is that when Guerrero/Benoit happened, he knew it spelled the end for guys like him. Nash is probably finding it hard these days to justify his massive ego. People should stop pandering to him.

maar13
08-08-2012, 06:52 PM
Nash is so off-base and naive here it's legitimately pathetic. Allow El T Draino to break it down.

I don't mean to get too philosophical here, but honestly - the attitude era killed the attitude era. Kevin Nash was a part of it. The drug use, the steroid use, the wild lifestyles that were tolerated during that decade - killed the era because they killed (RIP) Guerrero and Benoit. Does Nash thing there were 5 people in the crowd at Wrestlemania XX who said, "EFF THIS. I'm done watching because those two are under 6 foot!" No, that's ridiculous. The WWE had to change it's image because 2 main eventers died in very publicized catastrophies. The wrestling industry got a ton of negative exposure the year both of them passed. Could Vince not make changes?

Nash is given an opportunity to have some spotlight again, and a few months later he's badmouthing Punk? Such a desperate old loser. Did Nash ever think that perhaps the crowds like seeing people they can relate to slaying the giants? I personally think its awesome to see guys like DB, Jericho, Ziggler, and Punk climbing the ranks. Do I think they could take the Big Show in a real fight? No. But do I think wrestling is a show, and most fights people don't allow others to punch them square in the face 10 times, only to block the 11th and hit a Stunner? Uhhh, duh. To criticize believability in who beats who is to question the entire fucking idea of professional wrestling as entertainment. Theres a reason David vs Goliath is a popular story. No one gives a shit if Goliath crushes David because it 'makes sense.' End rant.

Ahem..The Attitude era didn't get Killed by anyone and Nash was not part of it at all, The attitude era was only for WWE, Nash was part of the NWO era. the Attitude Era was over when WCW died because in reality there was no need to rattle the cages as much as they have to with the Shocikng TV factor as the main focus, with out any real competition there is no need to do that.

As the matter of fact, The "wild life style" does not come from that Decade but way before that, even before Hogan's era.

And while Eddie's dead made them change the policies there, Benoit's situation absolutely painted a black whole into wrestling as a whole.

Nash like the old dinosaur he is, is trying to say that even if he is Old, he is still larger than life and that guys like that he mentioned, eventhough are hard workers, does not look the part and would be dismissed just because of looks, but he seems to forget that even Bret who was smaller and more paced as a worker, was waaay more popular in the US and internationally than he was adn he was only 6' and 235 lbs.

Sydnister
08-08-2012, 07:16 PM
So the legitimate question is when did Kevin Nash draw money? When he was working with HBK... Yes. When he was part of the NWO... Yes.

I am legitimately wondering if there was ever a time when Kevin Nash vs. ????? drew money without the NWO or HBK etc... You know sell a PPV the way that HBK vs. ???? or Austin vs. ???? have? Neither of them were "big" guys and both were phenomenal draws.

Dubs
08-08-2012, 07:19 PM
So the legitimate question is when did Kevin Nash draw money? When he was working with HBK... Yes. When he was part of the NWO... Yes.

I am legitimately wondering if there was ever a time when Kevin Nash vs. ????? drew money without the NWO or HBK etc... You know sell a PPV the way that HBK vs. ???? or Austin vs. ???? have? Neither of them were "big" guys and both were phenomenal draws.
Shawn Michaels never really drew that big as the top guy. He was the WWE champion during the lowest ratings the WWE has ever produced at the time. But yeah, I get your point.

benchch
08-08-2012, 07:32 PM
When I talk to fans of old wrestling. They say the thanksgiving smackdown where divas wrestled in a paddling pool of gravy is the day wrestling died.

CobraNightviper
08-08-2012, 07:42 PM
I agree totally if Nash hadn't of came to wcw and drained them dry of cash along with a bunch of other over priced wrestlers that should of retired after the wwf days wcw might still be around.....but then again I doubt it.
When I saw the report on this site...seeing the title I thought he's talking about Benoit n Guerrero's deaths and the impact it had on wrestling...but, when i clicked n read what he wrote..I felt very bad....

This very bull shit thinking of Nash made small and very talented guys like Jericho, Benoit n Eddie move out of WCW and when they joined WWF back then, they brought a very technical dimension to the the company...

The death of wrestling is not because Eddie n Benoit celebrating on WM XX...but because the BIG GUY NASH was playing finger poking games live on TV which lead to the downfall of WCW n thus, pro-wrestling altogether...

CM_SUXX_NOT
08-08-2012, 07:45 PM
The funniest part for me was where he pretty much said how he likes big dicks.

Y2JLionsault
08-08-2012, 08:02 PM
The sad part is that he truly believes this and so did Eddie and Benoit. That's why they are where they are now because guys like Nash were at the top where they wanted to be so they took the steroids to get bigger. If they came along 10 years later they could be where Punk and Bryan are at because we've reached the stage where the talent outweighs the look. Nash's thinking is what killed these guys. Theirs and other guys deaths due to steroids should serve as a lesson but instead Nash sees fit to blame them for the 'death' of wrestling. Nash has some nerve.

ut11smithcor
08-08-2012, 08:03 PM
Well yeah, realistically, Great Khali probably would own the belt. Him or Brock Lesnar, that's if it were realistic though. lol

Dennis
08-08-2012, 08:07 PM
kevin nash was stale ten years ago and like most stale things only gets staler as time progresses. Beniot and Eddie had more wrestling ability than kevin nash can even fathom. I hope kevin was just trolling if not I'm saddened by his ignorance.

akbar
08-08-2012, 08:14 PM
The funniest part for me was where he pretty much said how he likes big dicks.
Hahahahahahahahahaha

Sydnister
08-08-2012, 08:32 PM
Shawn Michaels never really drew that big as the top guy. He was the WWE champion during the lowest ratings the WWE has ever produced at the time. But yeah, I get your point.

Good point on Michael's first go round but when he came back for his last run he drew with and without the belt so it's a little bit of column A and a little bit of column B with him.

Rick BoA
08-09-2012, 12:33 AM
I agree that Eddie should never have been champ. He was a midcarder but the Smackdown roster was pretty weak at the time they needed a transitional champ.

Dennis
08-09-2012, 12:42 AM
I agree that Eddie should never have been champ. He was a midcarder but the Smackdown roster was pretty weak at the time they needed a transitional champ.
why shouldn't he of been a champion.. he was a great wrestler,had a great personality, and got a huge pop from the crowd. if anything eddie and chris winning to me was a show of great respect on IMO how wrestling should be... the best wrestlers get the belts.. same reason I want bryan with a belt now.

Bralon23
08-09-2012, 12:49 AM
This is like the first thread that I've seen where everyone from the community has actually agreed about something. I'm kind of glad that Kevin Nash said these things because it's kind of made everyone acknowledge that we actually like something about wrestling instead of bashing it all the time. Nash is entitled to his opinion, and his comments were entertaining, but they were insensitive and wrong at the same time. Old people don't like change and I think this is a case of that. And also a little insecurity about his own career and popularity with the fans, so he picked the one advantage he had over the guys that he overlooked at WCW, his height.

blink
08-09-2012, 06:58 AM
Ok. I've let this slide long enough while biting my tongue on it. I fear I'm gonna get some backlash but I just gotta say it. I agree with Nash. To a point. I don't think wrestling died or anything but I totally agree about Benoit and Guerrero. Not taking away from their talents, which they were very talented, but I get where Nash is coming from. Now, while an amazing wrestler, did Benoit ever come across as larger than life? Put a mic in his hand, did you REALLY care what he had to say? We're you eating out of the palm of his hands? I know I wasn't. And Guerrero, while immensely entertaining, did he really look like he could hang with the likes of hhh, or the undertaker. Both of them are larger than life characters. Why? Because they look and come across as bad ass. I think Nash is right on this one.

Jerichoholic_92
08-09-2012, 08:33 AM
Ok. I've let this slide long enough while biting my tongue on it. I fear I'm gonna get some backlash but I just gotta say it. I agree with Nash. To a point. I don't think wrestling died or anything but I totally agree about Benoit and Guerrero. Not taking away from their talents, which they were very talented, but I get where Nash is coming from. Now, while an amazing wrestler, did Benoit ever come across as larger than life? Put a mic in his hand, did you REALLY care what he had to say? We're you eating out of the palm of his hands? I know I wasn't. And Guerrero, while immensely entertaining, did he really look like he could hang with the likes of hhh, or the undertaker. Both of them are larger than life characters. Why? Because they look and come across as bad ass. I think Nash is right on this one.

I have to disagree. In the modern world, people dont buy that the bigger man is necessarily going to win. You put Brock Lesnar and Anderson Silva next to each other, it would look like Brock would kill him, but we know that might not be the case. Infact a large portion of people believe Silva could beat him. Size doesn't really matter if you're the better fighter.

Also in my opinion, Eddie Guerrero was a far more 'larger than life' character than Nash ever was. Other than his height, what was so extraordinary about him or his personality ? Guys like him are dime a dozen. Guerrero was one of a kind.

lewism173
08-09-2012, 10:15 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7tFGlDcIfc

|My view :D

Rick BoA
08-10-2012, 01:10 AM
Eddie was not a great wrestler, sorry.

Dennis
08-10-2012, 01:23 AM
Eddie had more skill in his prime than kevin nash could ever dream of. period.

FLWWEFan
08-10-2012, 05:45 AM

I want to know who you consider to be great wrestlers and who to consider to be terrible wrestlers.