PDA

View Full Version : My WM card/How I would promote the US, IC and Tag titles leading up to it.

punk
08-08-2012, 02:48 AM
WWE title match. Rock (c) vs Cena (RR winner)

Stone Cold vs CM Punk (if Stone Cold can't wrestle then put Punk in the WWE title match to make it a triple threat.)

WHC title match. Sheamus (c) vs Brock Lesnar

US title/IC title unification match. Dolph Ziggler (US champion) vs Randy Orton (IC champion)

HHH vs HBK (only if HBK wants to wrestle a match)

Tag titles. Tyson Kidd and Justin Gabriel (c) vs Rey Mysterio and Sin Cara

Womens title. Beth Phoenix (c) vs Natalya

Daniel Bryan vs The Undertaker

Kane, R Truth, Kofi Kingston, Christian and Wade Barrett vs Miz, Big Show, Cody Rhodes, Alberto Del Rio and Tensai (pre WM if HBK vs HHH does happen, on the show itself if it doesn't)

Tag Title Lead Up

R Truth goes "crazy" when "Little Jimmy" get "hurt" and has to take some time off. Kofi has to reliquish the titles as he does not have a partner to defend them with. AJ decides that a King of the Ring style tag tournament will be used to determine the new champions. The 8 teams are a mix of tag teams that already exist (eg The Uso's and Primo and Epico etc) and new tag teams (eg Rey and Sin Cara and Tyson Kidd and Justin Gabriel, ps i know they have tagged together a few times). Tyson Kidd and Justin Gabriel win the tournament and successfully defend the tag titles regularly (ie at least once a week). Rey Mysterio and Sin Cara become the number one contenders leading to WM resulting in this match.

US and IC Lead Up

Dolph Ziggler (who is still holding MITB) and Randy Orton win their respective titles on the same night. They run into each other in the back and proclaim to each other that they would be the more fighting champion. Dolph on Raw and Randy on Smackdown try to prove this by defending their title every week against anyone wanting a shot. About a month before WM they run into each other in the back again and argue this time at who is the better champion which leads them to agreeing to a title for title match. AJ (or Vince or whoever) makes it a title unification match.

The tag titles/us title/ic title being defended each week by wrestlers who can have great matches will bring some prestige back to these titles.

PSOjedi
08-08-2012, 03:30 AM
Not really an impressive card, as most of the main eventers are not there :(

punk
08-08-2012, 04:42 AM
Not really an impressive card, as most of the main eventers are not there :(

which main eventers are you talking about?

jelle1809
08-08-2012, 04:54 AM
Not a bad mania card. :) It's just that some of the matches will never happen; Bryan/'Taker for example

punk
08-08-2012, 05:09 AM
Not a bad mania card. :) It's just that some of the matches will never happen; Bryan/'Taker for example

I don't know who I can put Taker with that I would find interesting. It will be all but impossible to top last year.

The reason I put Bryan with him is that it will guarantee a great match even if Bryan has to carry it.