PDA

View Full Version : Gabriel/Kidd and Reks/Hawkins push is coming

PSOjedi
08-08-2012, 01:23 AM
Like I already said it, I think at Summerslam we're going to have a Triple Threat match for the Tag Team Championship. I really hope so.

Kofi & Truth(c) vs PTP vs Primo & Epico

I think The Prime Time Players will win, then a few more matches vs Kofi & Truth, and perhaps Primo & Epico. Then here come Gabriel/Kidd and Reks/Hawkins. Both Team are talented and are waiting backstage or on Superstars their moment. Tyson Kidd and Justin Gabriel will probably be the #1 contenders as PTP are heels, but I hope Reks/Hawkins will also be involved sometimes.

We really have 4 good Tag Teams here, in Primo & Epico, PTP, Reks & Hawkins and Gabriel & Kidd. I don't put Kofi & Truth because for me, they're not really what I expect from a Tag Team, and WWE will probably split them after Summerslam

Your thoughts ?:cool:

Incubus_99
08-08-2012, 01:35 AM
don't foret about The Usos!...i'm really glad that the Tag team scene is slowly picking up...now only if WWE could be seriosu about this and not split everyone up in the coming months and eventually firing some...I feel there are more guys in the Roster who could be a part of the tag team division...

I love both teams of Reks/Hawkin & Gabriel/Kidd...so anyone getting to a shot would be really cool for me...however I feel The Usos should be first in line as they are really impressive in the ring and deserve a run with the belts...

PSOjedi
08-08-2012, 01:37 AM
You're right, The Usos. Sorry. I hope WWE will finaly push them too.

I completely forgot them, just like WWE......

Dennis
08-08-2012, 01:43 AM
You're right, The Usos. Sorry. I hope WWE will finaly push them too.

I completely forgot them, just like WWE......
bring rikishi back to manage them. they would become the face of that division in no time IMO.

Incubus_99
08-08-2012, 01:44 AM
I would also like to see Hunico & Camacho in the Tag division considering theres not much these guys are doing anyways...by having a tag match every week on Raw & Smackdown using these teams should be a good start in "rebuilding" the tag division...

blink
08-08-2012, 02:26 AM
From what I read they're going to start putting some serious effort into the tag division. Whether that happens or not is anyone's guess but I like where they stand with all their current teams. A couple more couldn't hurt really but we have a great start. Personally though I'd rather see Gabriel and Kidd have successful singles runs. Especially Gabriel. He has upper mid card written all over him... I think his hair might be holding him down though lol

Regal>Cena
08-08-2012, 03:46 AM
For me, they need to go back to using gimmick matches to get over lower card matches, like Tag Matches or cruiser weight bouts. If you think about the attitude era, the main events generally sold themselves and rarely resorted to gimmicks (I'm not saying they never used them, just not every PPV)

I think a triple threat TLC match at Summerslam could really re-ignite the division. Reks & Hawkins, Gabriel & Kidd, PTP & Epico & Primo have all got the right sort of size and speed to put on exciting ladder type matches which imo is what the division needs.

Krysys
08-08-2012, 03:53 AM
The tag division is slowly picking up, and there are a few teams just waiting to be called up. One team I would like to see is The Ascension. To the OT though, I could see Reks and Hawkins being given a chance. Not to sure about gabriel and Kidd, I would be al for it though

Sahu
08-08-2012, 06:22 AM
It seems like tag team is picking up...just see the no. of teams..

1. PTP
2. Epico/Primo
3. Reks/Hawkins
4. Gabriel/Kidd
5. USOs
6. Hunico/Camacho

n they can call some from NXT as well...

holycrapoly
08-08-2012, 07:02 AM
I feel like we will eventually see Kofi and Truth split. Reks and Hawkins will probably be released sooner than later. WWE will probably call up the Ascension and have a stable 5 team division.

AshleyPunk
08-08-2012, 07:21 AM
bring rikishi back to manage them. they would become the face of that division in no time IMO.
Be awesome :)

FLWWEFan
08-08-2012, 07:33 AM
The tag division is slowly picking up, and there are a few teams just waiting to be called up. One team I would like to see is The Ascension. To the OT though, I could see Reks and Hawkins being given a chance. Not to sure about gabriel and Kidd, I would be al for it though
Totally agree. And it's about time too. Old school tag team wrestling back in the day was fun to watch. So many great tag teams back in the day like The Hart Foundation, British Bulldogs, Demolition, Road Warriors, etc... Today you don't see that. But I do see the tag team division getting a little bit better. Reks/Hawkins have good chemisty together as do Kidd/Gabriel. I can easily see both teams becoming relevant in the tag team division. And The Ascension if they ever get called up are gonna be a force as long as used the right way. Conor is a friggin' beast! I don't know why but The Usos really deserve to hold those titles for a few months. Both are great workers and over with the crowd. I'm guessing the higher-ups must not be that high on them for one reason or another.

tdp
08-08-2012, 09:03 AM
All those teams mentioned will make great stepping stones on PTP's path to becoming the world's greatest tag team of all time. #millionsofdollars

hystrix
08-08-2012, 11:58 AM
I feel like we will eventually see Kofi and Truth split. Reks and Hawkins will probably be released sooner than later. WWE will probably call up the Ascension and have a stable 5 team division.

I'm not sure I agree Rex and Hawkins keep getting TV time (sure they lose, but they are on TV). The commentaters even pay them complements. No, I see both tose guys sticking around. Remember, the WWE needs low card guys too...

Cabers
08-08-2012, 01:53 PM
I would love to see that!! #wewantreks&hawkins

imswm
08-08-2012, 03:46 PM
To your subject line, I'd like to simply reply "No, they're not."

No doubt if one does his homework they can find exceptions, but once the WWE buries a guy, he stays buried. Can probably say the same for divisions, and it is clear HHH is not keen on tags. Maybe some of you recall the backstage Raw bit where he and HBK were casually talking and they basically destroyed all the then-tag workers as they walked past, the two hotshots acting like they were swatting flies.

Ernest Wert
08-08-2012, 04:00 PM
Reks/Hawkins aren't that fun to watch, they're not any better than Otunga/Hennig, sorry. Gabriel/Kidd work well, but is working well really enough to go to the already crowded tag-team division? Look, the WWE had a little problem with their roster, but now, when past NXT seasons stars and some FCW stars went to Smackdown, it's time for a draft and for losing the supershow once and for all. Then we could have two ladies and two tag team titles and everything would go back to normal.

RagingBallsFTW
08-08-2012, 05:35 PM
I wouldn't be too excited. Every time there is a glimpse of hope for the tag division WWE just decides to cut its momentum.

Dubs
08-08-2012, 07:01 PM
I wouldn't be too excited. Every time there is a glimpse of hope for the tag division WWE just decides to cut its momentum.
Sad but true. They are prone to doing that. I just want to see quality tag team wrestling again.

bcfccalum
08-09-2012, 02:27 AM
am i the only person that doesnt really like tag team wrestling. i find matches so boring and predictable

dub
08-09-2012, 11:28 AM
It seems like tag team is picking up...just see the no. of teams..

1. PTP
2. Epico/Primo
3. Reks/Hawkins
4. Gabriel/Kidd
5. USOs
6. Hunico/Camacho

n they can call some from NXT as well...

I really like what they are doing with the t.t. division. When you stated they can call up someone from NXT I automatically thought about bringing Ohno and Ceasaro back together and reforming Kings of Wrestling. Wouldn't that be another awesome addition to the t.t. division?

dub
08-09-2012, 11:40 AM
am i the only person that doesnt really like tag team wrestling. i find matches so boring and predictable

You don't think Los Guerrero's where exciting to watch? or London and Kendrick? or Miz and R-Truth? or The Uso's? of course you have your own oppinion bcfccalum and trust me I'm not tryna change it... Me personally I think these teams were and are darn entertaining. I just think the reason why it's boring to some fans now is because it hasn't really gained momentum yet (WWE's fault... I remember a few years ago when tag teams and tag team wrestling was extinct from the WWE). But if they just keep devoting time to these teams and focus on that division with storylines, fueds, and t.v. time it will be exciting to watch again. Just as it was with the hardyz, dudley, radicalz, christian and edge era. By no stretch of the imagination am I saying these teams have the same talent as the ones I just named all I'm saying is if they get some attention and a chance they will be able to run with the ball.

Ernest Wert
08-09-2012, 12:12 PM
You don't think Los Guerrero's where exciting to watch? or London and Kendrick? or Miz and R-Truth? or The Uso's? of course you have your own oppinion bcfccalum and trust me I'm not tryna change it... Me personally I think these teams were and are darn entertaining. I just think the reason why it's boring to some fans now is because it hasn't really gained momentum yet (WWE's fault... I remember a few years ago when tag teams and tag team wrestling was extinct from the WWE). But if they just keep devoting time to these teams and focus on that division with storylines, fueds, and t.v. time it will be exciting to watch again. Just as it was with the hardyz, dudley, radicalz, christian and edge era. By no stretch of the imagination am I saying these teams have the same talent as the ones I just named all I'm saying is if they get some attention and a chance they will be able to run with the ball.

All of them except for the Usos, they're such attention whores... WHEN YOU SAY U, Y'ALL SAY O! U!!! And then I wait for the audience to stay silent... Sadly they still like them, only because of their warsong. Frankly, that's the only thing about them that seems exciting to me.

dub
08-09-2012, 01:03 PM
All of them except for the Usos, they're such attention whores... WHEN YOU SAY U, Y'ALL SAY O! U!!! And then I wait for the audience to stay silent... Sadly they still like them, only because of their warsong. Frankly, that's the only thing about them that seems exciting to me.

LOL fair enough. The WWE is kinda in foreign territory with this division now. They are pretty much relying on "potential" as opposed to tag teams that were already established in the past. Now that I think about it those teams like Los Guerro's, Dudley's, and Hardyz... They have been wrestling as partners like forever before they became really popular in the WWE/F but now they are relying on really young teams (some of which who haven't even been together that long) to usher them into a new era of tag team wrestling. That's alot to ask. Do you think they can do something to division that would make u interested again?

Ernest Wert
08-09-2012, 02:29 PM
Do you think they can do something to division that would make u interested again?

Ofc, I've already written it earlier in this thread - "(...) Gabriel/Kidd work well, but is working well really enough to go to the already crowded tag-team division? Look, the WWE had a little problem with their roster, but now, when past NXT seasons stars and some FCW stars went to Smackdown, it's time for a draft and for losing the supershow once and for all. Then we could have two ladies and two tag team titles and everything would go back to normal."