PDA

View Full Version : Bringing prestige back to the U.S title

HereForOneThing
08-07-2012, 02:27 PM
Now personally I like Santino I think he is funny lol, but what the wwe do with the US title pisses me off, it literally has no credibility! Reason being they do this thing where they go, tonight we are going to have so and so against the US champion, and there is no storyline or build up just a match and it like well errrm .... ok....

All they ever seem to do is have the same guys wrestle each other until the ppv and make a storyline out of just matches.....The US title scene needs some segments, like it did back in the day, rememeber CENA and Geurro (Spelling) RIP.

That was a feud, that had segments, and we all bought into what the US championship was about.

Id also like to say some of you may not like The Miz but having him as intercontinental champion is great because it means there will be storyline once and for all !! Not just random matches!!... (Although this was a while back now, I was happy to see the Cody rhodes Big show fued that actually had some detail in it for the championship) and I feel the US title needs to take the same rout!

Your thoughts ?

ToiletBowl
08-07-2012, 02:50 PM
The US Title is a joke these days and I think the WWE knows this. That's why they keep referring to the Miz's IC Title run as being a triple crown winner. It's like the Triple Crown of Championships, plus he had that US Title run as well. I'd be all for the WWE scrapping the US Title. I too think Santino is funny and entertaining, but he's completely ruined any credibility that belt had. My hope is that someone like Ryback or Sandow can bring back some form of prestige to that belt. Other than that, scrap it all together or have a unification match with The Miz v Santino.

Viperfish
08-07-2012, 03:00 PM
I remember when guys like Shawn, Bret, Austin and the Rock used to fight for the IC belt. I remember Hogan vs Warrior, title for title, and both were huge names at the time. To me, there are too many 'top' guys that flounder around and insist on going for the top title or going for nothing. I'm not saying that Cena should go for the mid-card belts but why not Randy Orton right now? Why not Chris Jericho(he's leaving so whatever)? Why not Daniel Bryan? Why not Rey Mysterio?

They've got this thing with the belts now that it would almost seem like these guys I just mentioned would've been 'demoted' to go for those belts, which is unfortunate. It's what creates this disparity, to not have guys that are more popular go against the up and comers. If you have Santino as US champ and he gets beat by... Wade Barrett lets say, well that does nothing for Barrett because Santino himself isn't taken seriously and the matches he gets aren't taken seriously either. If you had Chris Jericho as the US champ and Wade Barrett wins it, suddenly it's completely different, even though it's still a win for the US title.

HereForOneThing
08-07-2012, 03:44 PM
I remember when guys like Shawn, Bret, Austin and the Rock used to fight for the IC belt. I remember Hogan vs Warrior, title for title, and both were huge names at the time. To me, there are too many 'top' guys that flounder around and insist on going for the top title or going for nothing. I'm not saying that Cena should go for the mid-card belts but why not Randy Orton right now? Why not Chris Jericho(he's leaving so whatever)? Why not Daniel Bryan? Why not Rey Mysterio?

They've got this thing with the belts now that it would almost seem like these guys I just mentioned would've been 'demoted' to go for those belts, which is unfortunate. It's what creates this disparity, to not have guys that are more popular go against the up and comers. If you have Santino as US champ and he gets beat by... Wade Barrett lets say, well that does nothing for Barrett because Santino himself isn't taken seriously and the matches he gets aren't taken seriously either. If you had Chris Jericho as the US champ and Wade Barrett wins it, suddenly it's completely different, even though it's still a win for the US title.

I fulyl agree with you!

HereForOneThing
08-07-2012, 03:45 PM
The US Title is a joke these days and I think the WWE knows this. That's why they keep referring to the Miz's IC Title run as being a triple crown winner. It's like the Triple Crown of Championships, plus he had that US Title run as well. I'd be all for the WWE scrapping the US Title. I too think Santino is funny and entertaining, but he's completely ruined any credibility that belt had. My hope is that someone like Ryback or Sandow can bring back some form of prestige to that belt. Other than that, scrap it all together or have a unification match with The Miz v Santino.

Wouldn't mind that!

Cabers
08-07-2012, 03:56 PM
In a way i think they are building a US championship feud on Smackdown between Cesaro and Marella. Cesaro imo is absolute light years better than Marella in ring.

Playboy Stevie V
08-07-2012, 05:01 PM
Now personally I like Santino I think he is funny lol, but what the wwe do with the US title pisses me off, it literally has no credibility! Reason being they do this thing where they go, tonight we are going to have so and so against the US champion, and there is no storyline or build up just a match and it like well errrm .... ok....

All they ever seem to do is have the same guys wrestle each other until the ppv and make a storyline out of just matches.....The US title scene needs some segments, like it did back in the day, rememeber CENA and Geurro (Spelling) RIP.

That was a feud, that had segments, and we all bought into what the US championship was about.

Id also like to say some of you may not like The Miz but having him as intercontinental champion is great because it means there will be storyline once and for all !! Not just random matches!!... (Although this was a while back now, I was happy to see the Cody rhodes Big show fued that actually had some detail in it for the championship) and I feel the US title needs to take the same rout!

Your thoughts ?

^^^ Agreed. I was having this same conversation with my brother last night. It's a disgrace what they have done with the US championship. Jobbing more than actually winning. That championship USED to mean you where the #1 contender and 2nd best wrestler in NWA/WCW. Now it means jack shit. Sometimes I think Vince's ego just doesn't let old WCW belts shine and shits all over their legacy. I'm surprised he never did so with the WHC, even though we can all pretty much agree the WHC is second to the WWE championship.

But on the bright side I think Santino's reign is coming to a end at the hands of Antonio Ceasaro.

tweedidldum
08-07-2012, 05:48 PM
Putting that title on Santino ( a comedic wrestler ) was joke to begin with and shows that this title holds no value. I said it before on here, a U.S based entertainment company ( WWE ) has a U.S champion and their 2 top titles are WHC and company title ( WWE champion), makes no sense whatsoever!

There are other titles that they axed that made more sense like:
Hardcore champion ( PG now )
Cruiserweight champion ( should bring back )

As for the U.S title being a stepping stone back in WCW for a world title shot was the way they ran things there. Makes no sense doing that in the WWE....so Santino should be a #1 contender now for the 2 top titles!! No way not in my opioion.

WWE had it right from almost the start having the IC which made sense for everyother international superstar in that company and 1 tag team champions, and a WWE title for the company...thats it and thats what it should be. A lot of cry baby's on here saying they should have more titles is insane, where is the competition, where does paying your dues come in to the Picture.....it dosn't anymore cause they have forgotten what world wrestling entertainment is all about....WRESTLING!!

fans have become to greedy over this product a long time ago and its too bad cause the acting and promos and mechandise selling has overcome the wrestling part of the business and anyone who has watched this through the years would know that...cheers:cool:

CM_SUXX_NOT
08-07-2012, 06:12 PM
I honestly don't know why they even bother with secondary championships, because they feel so worthless to us. It was great that Ryder and Marella burst into tears when they won the US title, because it made them look proud to have won the belt. But Creative haven't booked them properly.

The US and IC titles need to be unified, with the unified title being focused on properly.

Speaking of prestige, Kofi and Truth need to drop the Tag Team titles as soon as possible. A good feud between the PTP and Primo & Epico based around the Tag Team titles might just revive the division a bit. Considering they're supposedly bringing up a group from FCW.

Finally, where the fuck is Beth Pheonix?

The Piper
08-07-2012, 07:53 PM
nope, the U.S. title or the tag-team won't mean anything ever again. Lost Hope, Lost Hope for all!

Ernest Wert
08-08-2012, 02:05 PM
Really? Ryback or Sandow? Who else, let's name another random guy with a funny gimmick... Oh, I know! Brodus Clay! Or David Otunga! Oh, no, no, no, what's the guy's name... Got it! Santino.
If you want the US Title to stop being a joke, you have to got stars with more authority. And for that you need that bitch Linda to stop messing around with politicians and go back to kitchen and let Vince get rid of this PG shit.

HereForOneThing
08-09-2012, 11:10 AM
Really? Ryback or Sandow? Who else, let's name another random guy with a funny gimmick... Oh, I know! Brodus Clay! Or David Otunga! Oh, no, no, no, what's the guy's name... Got it! Santino.
If you want the US Title to stop being a joke, you have to got stars with more authority. And for that you need that bitch Linda to stop messing around with politicians and go back to kitchen and let Vince get rid of this PG shit.

TBH that's not really true.... In the last few years post 2007/8 the last time the US title was interesting we've has some big guys with the title.... Its more a matter of they need to give the tittle a good storyline, or at least give those who are holding it/fighting for it some segment time!!

HeelTurn
08-09-2012, 11:18 AM
Giving the belt to a newcomer won't give it prestige, and may not even help the guy its on get over.

They could try putting it back on Swagger, or maybe Cody. Hell if they are playing the long game for Ziggler cashing in, why not give it to him for a few months.

Ernest Wert
08-09-2012, 12:08 PM
TBH that's not really true.... In the last few years post 2007/8 the last time the US title was interesting we've has some big guys with the title.... Its more a matter of they need to give the tittle a good storyline, or at least give those who are holding it/fighting for it some segment time!!

I'm not talking about big guys, I'm talking about serious guys. CM Punk is a serious guy, Kofi is a serious guy, Ziggler is a serious guy. I mean wrestlers who have more skills than gimmick. IB4 - yes, I know gimmick guys have skills, but looking at Sandow are you seeing his skills or his beard, bathrobe and his idiotic attitude poorly emulating 2008/9 Jericho?

AWrestlingGod
08-09-2012, 07:58 PM
I say have someone like Damien Sandow take out Santino Marella and have a Untied States Championship tournament (like when they first brought the title back to the wwe in 2003) You can have newcomers like Sandow, Cesaro, and veterans like William Regal, and Christian. Have the final match at a major ppv such as Survivor Series (or Wrestlemania) and bamn the title as some prestige brought back to the title.