PDA

View Full Version : Overkill

ewantu2
08-07-2012, 02:17 PM
I'm i the only one that thinks that like 20 matches on 1 show get boring, and there was like 2 promos, also while i'm here DB vs Kane is the most random PPV match ever. Matches that never needed to happen. Randy vs Show, Kane vs The Miz and Christian vs ADR , Divas and Ryback match.

THE HEARTBREAK KID
08-07-2012, 02:23 PM
I was a little bored with it myself.. I don't mind having a lot of matches, but something different is needed.. You could almost guess every winner of those matches, some different stipulations would have been nice.

All in all I still enjoyed it as I always do, and it's nice seeing people on the roster you wouldn't normally see in the 2 hour time slot, I do think a few more backstage segments wouldn't go a miss though. :)

Viperfish
08-07-2012, 02:50 PM
It's like for RAW 1001, they were caught with their pants down and had a ridiculous amount of replays and junk to fill the extra time. They had their shit together for RAW 1002 and I enjoyed the show overall.

bearkg88
08-07-2012, 03:07 PM
I'm i the only one that thinks that like 20 matches on 1 show get boring, and there was like 2 promos, also while i'm here DB vs Kane is the most random PPV match ever. Matches that never needed to happen. Randy vs Show, Kane vs The Miz and Christian vs ADR , Divas and Ryback match.

Its funny. 6 months to a year ago, people were complaining the fact there wasn't enough matches. Personally, I thought Show vs Orton, Miz vs Kane, Christian vs ADR, and Ryback matches were all well and good, but I don't think the diva's match was needed

lewism173
08-07-2012, 03:39 PM
you do realize it's raw not a ppv ? not every match has to have 3 months of build up. they have been making random matches for years it's just what they do

Wade Barrett 1979
08-07-2012, 03:53 PM
Its funny. 6 months to a year ago, people were complaining the fact there wasn't enough matches. Personally, I thought Show vs Orton, Miz vs Kane, Christian vs ADR, and Ryback matches were all well and good, but I don't think the diva's match was needed

Fancy that, members of the drive by IWC moaning about lack of matches, we get more matches so the drive by IWC moan about too many matches. :rolleyes:

Cabers
08-07-2012, 03:53 PM
Feed me more matches!! Seems ye enjoy the soap opera part more than the wrestling!

Dr. Death
08-07-2012, 04:09 PM
More matches = less annoying commercials, or it's supposed to anyway. Personally I don't buy into the Ryback gimmick, he's not unstoppable. A better match up (even if random) for the PPV would be Ryback vs. Kane and Orton vs. Bryan. These would IMO make more sense and could be entertaining as well. Also after watching RAW this past Monday, I expect we'll get a Damian Sandow vs. Brodus Clay match as well. Santino also needs to defend the US Title and Miz should be a part of SSlam as well.

Robstar
08-07-2012, 04:45 PM
Fancy that, members of the drive by IWC moaning about lack of matches, we get more matches so the drive by IWC moan about too many matches. :rolleyes:

How many times are we going to go over this? It's not the same fucking people posting different opinions it's different people posting different opinions! Why are people so ignorant about this?

imswm
08-07-2012, 05:08 PM
For those of you who weren't around when WCW went into three-hour weekly shows, prepared to grow more bored each week. I realize these are two different promotions, but three hours weekly--plus other programming from a promotion throughout the week--just drains resources and viewer patience. It's kind of like making a miniseries out of something that is better off as a movie, to use a less-than-perfect analogy.

Worse yet, it's the same writing team, already burnt out by the schedule before adding an extra hour to the live broadcast. For as much programming as WWE presents in a week, it's ridiculous they don't have a much larger writing staff.

tweedidldum
08-07-2012, 05:55 PM
Mix up the roster, smackdown vs raw again ( which i was pissed when they decided to go the way they are now ) piss on the 3 hour bullshit, scrap wwe superstars, NXT is fine for rookies and new hires.

It's not the WWE's fault, we are the fault because everyone who watches this product has become very greedy and this is a impatient generation that wants everything at the touch of a finger.

SilverGhost
08-07-2012, 06:03 PM
The complainers need to get some patience. Too many matches? Give me a fucking break....

Raw in 3 hours is good for the people who are trying to get over! They try hard for the entertainment and the complainers will bitch anyways. Worse than fucking naggers.

BadAndy
08-07-2012, 08:06 PM

Am I the only one that caught this???? How is this match random? DB and Kane have been involved in a storyline together for a while now. This is far from random.

MachoManFan
08-07-2012, 11:24 PM
I can't believe someone actually complained there was too much wrestling in a wrestling show from a company with the word wrestling in it's name!

I wasn't a fan of how the matches came to be; through a twitter poll and a tweet and then losers from the twitter poll (and was there a tout too?) I was pleased to see the divas get a showing in a reasonable match, as opposed to the <1 min. matches we're used to and I'll happily watch Ryback if it means Reks and Hawkins get time on TV. When you consider that Punk, Mysterio, Big Show, The Miz, Christian, Orton, Ziggler, Daniel Bryan and Cena all got matches AND there was time for Divas, a tag match, an opening promo, the HBK segment and backstage bits I'd say it was a pretty balanced show.
I got bored of the Sheamus and the stolen car pretty quickly and the incessant social media touting (no pun intended) but all in all RAW 1002 wasn't bad.

Also, off topic, was the new opening credits and theme a permanent thing? I'll be glad to see/hear? the back of Nickleback if it is.

ewantu2
08-08-2012, 04:03 AM
I would of not mind all the matches if i never know who was going to win. The only ones i had no clue on where Show vs Randy and Kane vs The Miz.

FLWWEFan
08-08-2012, 07:35 AM
you do realize it's raw not a ppv ? not every match has to have 3 months of build up. they have been making random matches for years it's just what they do

agreed....you look at wrestling back in the 80's and most matches didn't have storylines, they were just thrown together. but sometimes matches that are just thrown together storylines are built from them. nothing wrong at all with throwing random matches together.