PDA

View Full Version : Triple H States His Best Single Opponents.



Scottland
11-16-2010, 05:26 PM
Triple H was interviewed recently while promoting Wrestlemania 27. He was asked who was his best single opponents. He mentioned two names & the first to be named was The Rock. The second person was his good buddy Shawn Michaels.

I find this interesting on a few reasons. One, Triple H stated The Rock first & foremost. This is surprising mainly because Triple H has had a bit of an unresolved issue towards The Rock. I just found that interesting. Another thing that seems to be recurring is I've heard many wrestlers state who they enjoyed facing over the years & the one name that seems to always come up more then anyone else by a long shot is...The Rock. Even guys who have been asked who would you have wanted to face but couldn't & the name that pops up 8 out of 10 times is The Rock (closets to him is Sting in terms of being mentioned). This tells me alot about who the industry really misses from the wrestlers to the fans.

AGEOFFALL
11-16-2010, 05:36 PM
Triple H was interviewed recently while promoting Wrestlemania 27. He was asked who was his best single opponents. He mentioned two names & the first to be named was The Rock. The second person was his good buddy Shawn Michaels.

I find this interesting on a few reasons. One, Triple H stated The Rock first & foremost. This is surprising mainly because Triple H has had a bit of an unresolved issue towards The Rock. I just found that interesting. Another thing that seems to be recurring is I've heard many wrestlers state who they enjoyed facing over the years & the one name that seems to always come up more then anyone else by a long shot is...The Rock. Even guys who have been asked who would you have wanted to face but couldn't & the name that pops up 8 out of 10 times is The Rock (closets to him is Sting in terms of being mentioned). This tells me alot about who the industry really misses from the wrestlers to the fans.

Because the Rock never had a proper send off. It's just like Bret Hart before he returned this year. Before this year I really wanted to see him in a wwe ring again and I did, several times and now that I saw him in a wwe ring I really don't want to see him again for a long time. Simple as that

nrb6304
11-16-2010, 06:40 PM
Honestly, because The Rock was the total package. (Sorry Lex) Really, that guy had the mic skills, the look, AND could wrestle, sure he was no amuetur wrestler, butt God he could WRESTLE. And was damn good at it.

The Rock DOES need a proper send off

Silverdust
11-16-2010, 06:57 PM
Honestly, because The Rock was the total package. (Sorry Lex) Really, that guy had the mic skills, the look, AND could wrestle, sure he was no amuetur wrestler, butt God he could WRESTLE. And was damn good at it.

The Rock DOES need a proper send off

He was entertaining, yes...but I disagree about the wrestling skills. If you meant rasslin, then yes he could rassle.

FaceOfSpades
11-16-2010, 07:05 PM
IMO the rock was the best to ever do it. He is strong, fast, agile (not just strong fast and agile for a man of his stature, just strong fast and agile) charasmatic, not the best wrestler but still good enough. These are his in ring qualities. Outside it he was *without a shadow of a doubt, THEE most EELECTRIFYING man in sports entertainment* at that time and if he stepped in the ring today it would still stand like a rule. IF YA SME- nah thats too much. Point is though no one compares.

SilverLace
11-16-2010, 07:14 PM
I also liked that HHH was dissing Goldbergs chances of being inducted into the HOF

FaceOfSpades
11-16-2010, 07:26 PM
I also liked that HHH was dissing Goldbergs chances of being inducted into the HOF

if triple h said it then it likely wont happen. There he goes, playing the heel making the fans boo.

Scottland
11-16-2010, 09:32 PM
I also liked that HHH was dissing Goldbergs chances of being inducted into the HOF

Triple H & Goldberg have had issues with one & another for a long time dating back when Goldberg was still with WCW. Those two dissing on one another is nothing new because both guys hate each other just like Austin & Hogan, Bret & Hogan...okay, yeah...Hogan is an ass. But anyways, Triple H & Goldberg just don't like one & another.

Silverdust
11-16-2010, 09:35 PM
Triple H & Goldberg have had issues with one & another for a long time dating back when Goldberg was still with WCW. Those two dissing on one another is nothing new because both guys hate each other just like Austin & Hogan, Bret & Hogan...okay, yeah...Hogan is an ass. But anyways, Triple H & Goldberg just don't like one & another.

Lots of people dont care for Botchberg...ask the hitman

Scottland
11-16-2010, 09:37 PM
Because the Rock never had a proper send off. It's just like Bret Hart before he returned this year. Before this year I really wanted to see him in a wwe ring again and I did, several times and now that I saw him in a wwe ring I really don't want to see him again for a long time. Simple as that

Dude, you are seriously missing the point let alone The Rock would perform far superior then Bret Hart would (Hart's day passed him a long time ago due to his health issues). Hell, Rock would perform better then 98% of the roster today. Rock is in a different category compared to Hart (not dissing Hart by any means).

SilverLace
11-16-2010, 09:37 PM
Lots of people dont care for Botchberg...ask the hitman

lolz...Botchberg!

the world is watching - Vintage Jim Ross

Scottland
11-16-2010, 09:38 PM
Lots of people dont care for Botchberg...ask the hitman

Yeah...I know Hart had issues with Goldberg in the past. From what I've always known & heard is Goldberg has a massive ego.

WWTNA IS ALIVE
11-16-2010, 09:40 PM
Triple H & Goldberg have had issues with one & another for a long time dating back when Goldberg was still with WCW. Those two dissing on one another is nothing new because both guys hate each other just like Austin & Hogan, Bret & Hogan...okay, yeah...Hogan is an ass. But anyways, Triple H & Goldberg just don't like one & another.

I always thought they resolved there issues but I may have been wrong. Just saying.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtPM_GtMnzQ

SilverLace
11-16-2010, 09:40 PM
Yeah...I know Hart had issues with Goldberg in the past. From what I've always known & heard is Goldberg has a massive ego.

it would be a sad day for true wrestling fans for Goldberg to get into the HOF before Owen Hart!

I am not a nugget! - Vintage Owen Hart

Scottland
11-16-2010, 09:44 PM
it would be a sad day for true wrestling fans for Goldberg to get into the HOF before Owen Hart!

I am not a nugget! - Vintage Owen Hart

Goldberg getting in the HOF before guys like The Rock, Owen Hart, HBK, Taker, Sting, British Bulldog & so forth would be an insult to wrestling.

Scottland
11-16-2010, 09:45 PM
I always thought they resolved there issues but I may have been wrong. Just saying.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtPM_GtMnzQ

No, those two have never truly solved there issues with one & another. It is what it is.

el gabo
11-16-2010, 10:42 PM
it would be a sad day for true wrestling fans for Goldberg to get into the HOF before Owen Hart!

I am not a nugget! - Vintage Owen Hart

I am not a nugget!!!

Bodom
11-16-2010, 10:44 PM
it would be a sad day for true wrestling fans for Goldberg to get into the HOF before Owen Hart!

I am not a nugget! - Vintage Owen Hart

It'll be a sad day if Goldberg EVER gets into the HOF

el gabo
11-16-2010, 10:44 PM
Goldberg was big at that time but, in no way shape or form does he deserve the hall of fame. He wasn't that talented. He was powerful and had the looks but, not a HOfamer in my opinion. Owen Hart, now that's a hall of famer.

Bodom
11-16-2010, 10:47 PM
I mean, what was so great about Goldberg? All he had was a scripted win/loss record

WWTNA IS ALIVE
11-16-2010, 10:47 PM
I will never know why WWE is taking so long to put Owen Hart in the Hall Of Fame. Just saying.

Bodom
11-16-2010, 10:48 PM
I will never know why WWE is taking so long to put Owen Hart in the Hall Of Fame. Just saying.

Agreed. Fucking travesty.

El_Phenomenal
11-16-2010, 11:35 PM
Dude, you are seriously missing the point let alone The Rock would perform far superior then Bret Hart would (Hart's day passed him a long time ago due to his health issues). Hell, Rock would perform better then 98% of the roster today. Rock is in a different category compared to Hart (not dissing Hart by any means).

98%???...which or whom is the other 2%?

Silverdust
11-16-2010, 11:39 PM
98%???...which or whom is the other 2%?

Daniel Bryan and Miz FTW

El_Phenomenal
11-16-2010, 11:39 PM
I will never know why WWE is taking so long to put Owen Hart in the Hall Of Fame. Just saying.

Does a "Martha Hart" ring a bell?

Bodom
11-16-2010, 11:42 PM
Daniel Bryan and Miz FTW

As much as I love Miz ( and I LOVE Miz), his wrestling skills aren't that good

Silverdust
11-16-2010, 11:45 PM
Does a "Martha Hart" ring a bell?

Thats right, Owens widow sues anything the WWE does with Owen even if its positive and it even pisses the Hart family off from what I read.

IrkenInvader
11-16-2010, 11:45 PM
98%???...which or whom is the other 2%?

Those awesome American wrestlers Del Rio and Cristian.

Silverdust
11-16-2010, 11:48 PM
Those awesome American wrestlers Del Rio and Cristian.

Kids, learn Geography

WWTNA IS ALIVE
11-16-2010, 11:48 PM
Does a "Martha Hart" ring a bell?

Calm down bro! Why are you being such a tool? Just saying.

El_Phenomenal
11-17-2010, 12:19 AM
Calm down bro! Why are you being such a tool? Just saying.

Oye Hijo, I wasn't saying but merely insinuating

AGEOFFALL
11-17-2010, 03:40 AM
In my eyes The Rock turned his back on the wwe when he went hollywood. The only time he seems to return is when he needs the wwe to help promote his latest movie. Maybe once in a blue moon he'll record a segment with no connection to any of his latest projects but other than that he really doesn't seem to care that much about the wwe audience.

mattwood
11-17-2010, 08:33 AM
In around 5 years, The Rock accomplished everything. He didn't do that because he was average. He did that because he is the greatest of all time.
Sure HBK, Taker, HHH are great. But i guarantee in 20-30 Years time, you ask anyone about the Attitude Era, they'll say the Rock

dantheman
11-17-2010, 12:33 PM
Its odd for HHH to praise The Rock because for a long time HHH dissed The Rock during interviews.

Scottland
11-17-2010, 04:45 PM
98%???...which or whom is the other 2%?

I only put 98% because he's been out for a long time. I'm sure when it's all set & done he would out perform everyone on the roster.

SilverCena
11-17-2010, 04:55 PM
Its odd for HHH to praise The Rock because for a long time HHH dissed The Rock during interviews.

That's because the interviews are scripted, boiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!

Scottland
11-17-2010, 04:56 PM
In around 5 years, The Rock accomplished everything. He didn't do that because he was average. He did that because he is the greatest of all time.
Sure HBK, Taker, HHH are great. But i guarantee in 20-30 Years time, you ask anyone about the Attitude Era, they'll say the Rock

I've been saying this for years that The Rock is truly the most successful wrestler ever (yes, that includes Hogan). I mean the man achieved everything in his short span let alone became the face of the company by 2001 let alone the Attitude Era died when Rock left not when Austin left. I mean The Rock's catchphrase of "Smackdown" became a damn show for pete sakes. Also, The Rock has made a transition from wrestler to big time actor pretty well something guys like Hogan, Austin, Andre even Piper couldn't do. I mean Rock left WWE just when he was getting even more popular. Hell, his leaving gave WWE a 8% decrease in viewership which is the largest decrease by an individual's absense (Austin was second with 3%). God only knows how much bigger The Rock would have gotten. Why don't we just say this that if The Rock would have stayed John Cena would not be the "it" guy by any means & things would be a hell of alot different. There is a reason he was called "The Great One" because it's was the damn truth.

SilverCena
11-17-2010, 04:59 PM
I've been saying this for years that The Rock is truly the most successful wrestler ever (yes, that includes Hogan). I mean the man achieved everything in his short span let alone became the face of the company by 2001 let alone the Attitude Era died when Rock left not when Austin left. I mean The Rock's catchphrase of "Smackdown" became a damn show for pete sakes. Also, The Rock has made a transition from wrestler to big time actor pretty well something guys like Hogan, Austin, Andre even Piper couldn't do. I mean Rock left WWE just when he was getting even more popular. Hell, his leaving gave WWE a 8% decrease in viewership which is the largest decrease by an individual's absense (Austin was second with 3%). God only knows how much bigger The Rock would have gotten. Why don't we just say this that if The Rock would have stayed John Cena would not be the "it" guy by any means & things would be a hell of alot different. There is a reason he was called "The Great One" because it's was the damn truth.

You think Cena would be the Rock's sidekick? Hell No! They would be nose to nose, boiiiiiiiiiiii!

Scottland
11-17-2010, 05:03 PM
That's because the interviews are scripted, boiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!

Dude, you are seriously ill-advised. Triple H has been interviewed when not being "in-character" & has had some harsh words towards The Rock for leaving. But one thing this should tell people is just how good The Rock was that even though Triple H has a personal beef per se with The Rock. He still considers him his best opponent next to his buddy HBK. That speaks volumes about The Rock & what he brought to the table.

Scottland
11-17-2010, 05:04 PM
You think Cena would be the Rock's sidekick? Hell No! They would be nose to nose, boiiiiiiiiiiii!

Dude, Rock IS WAY BIGGER then Cena could ever be in the wrestling world (that's a fact). Cena isn't in The Rock's league by any margin. If you think Cena is anywhere near The Rock's league then you are the definition of a misguided dunce.

P.S. Cena doesn't even come close to the viewership The Rock brought in. Hell, WWE Monday Night RAW was beating NFL Monday Night Football practically every night when The Rock was around & on top. The NFL at one point was strongly considering moving to Tuesdays. Cena can barely carry 3 million viewers when The Rock brought in 10 to 15 million viewers. Sorry, Cena is a minor leaguer compared to The Rock.