PDA

View Full Version : Mt. Rushmore of WWE

justin sane
08-07-2012, 10:26 AM
I thought it was a great moment after Raw this week for those who saw the link posted, where Undertaker came down to the Shawn Michael's appreciation segment and said that if there was a Mt. Rushmore of wrestling, Shawn would be a part of it (and the biggest head I believe is how he put it). So that made me curious as to who you would include in such a thing if it existed. Who are the 4 biggest wrestlers/superstars/faces/heads in the history of WWE? And if you have photoshop skills show us the real thing!
As for my opinion, I think my WWE Mt Rushmore would be Flair, Hogan, HBK and Taker...

IrkenInvader
08-07-2012, 10:35 AM
If they were to do it, John Cena, HHH, HBK, Taker. Why the hell wouldn't they use Cena? He is their biggest draw of all time.

Wade Barrett 1979
08-07-2012, 10:37 AM
You've both missed the most obvious:

Vincent Kennedy McMahon.

SLEEPY LOCO1
08-07-2012, 10:53 AM
Vince McMahon (biggest head), Hulk Hogan (biggest known name in wrestling), The Rock (I'm not a fan of his, but he is a big name that brought in alot of new fans) and John Cena (same as the Rock)

PrimusSucks
08-07-2012, 10:53 AM
I may be a bit old school but my Mount Rushmore would be Gorgeous George, Antonino Rocca, Maurice Tillet, and Lou Thesz

justin sane
08-07-2012, 10:56 AM
found this...2935

bartish2
08-07-2012, 10:58 AM
If they were to do it, John Cena, HHH, HBK, Taker. Why the hell wouldn't they use Cena? He is their biggest draw of all time.

because only kids 14 and under or virgins know who the hell he is. I asked all my friends who john cena is and they said who lol. there is much more deserving guys to have their head up there that made much more of an impact.

bartish2
08-07-2012, 10:59 AM
undertaker, hbk, rock, stone cold. best guys of all time..

Wade Barrett 1979
08-07-2012, 11:02 AM
because only kids 14 and under or virgins know who the hell he is. I asked all my friends who john cena is and they said who lol. there is much more deserving guys to have their head up there that made much more of an impact.

So you're the virgin in your group of friends??

K2Jelly
08-07-2012, 11:03 AM

You got any more Troll Blocker? It's started to fizzle out along with this guy's novelty.

SLEEPY LOCO1
08-07-2012, 11:03 AM

Yeah bro cool story

akbar
08-07-2012, 11:15 AM
Hahahahahahahahahahahah

anyways... Hogan, Stone Cold, Taker, Rock

SLEEPY LOCO1
08-07-2012, 11:16 AM
http://cbsdetroit.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/mount_rushmore_wrestling.jpg

http://www.tiricosuave.com/images/mtrush_wrestlers.jpg

akbar
08-07-2012, 11:19 AM
Vince McMahon (biggest head), Hulk Hogan (biggest known name in wrestling), The Rock (I'm not a fan of his, but he is a big name that brought in alot of new fans) and John Cena (same as the Rock)
No Stone Cold?!?

He's brought in more fans than Rock and Cena combined.

Dennis
08-07-2012, 11:27 AM
or you know... people who watch pro wrestling. most of my friends are female or watch wrestling... and everyone of my friends knows who john cena is... but way to have an epic trolling comment once again :)

SLEEPY LOCO1
08-07-2012, 11:33 AM
No Stone Cold?!?

He's brought in more fans than Rock and Cena combined.

I like Stone Cold more than Rock but you are crazy if you think he brought in more fans than the Rock. Rock is a big time movie actor there are people out there that know him first from movies and don't even know he was a wrestler. Stone Cold, only wrestling fans know who he is when they see him in a movie. My homeboy proved that to me when I watched the longest yard with him.

Cena I put there because he is the biggest name in wrestling at this time. (All my selections were from the different eras that I have watched wrestling)

PrimusSucks
08-07-2012, 11:37 AM
I like Stone Cold more than Rock but you are crazy if you think he brought in more fans than the Rock. Rock is a big time movie actor there are people out there that know him first from movies and don't even know he was a wrestler. Stone Cold, only wrestling fans know who he is when they see him in a movie. My homeboy proved that to me when I watched the longest yard with him.

Cena I put there because he is the biggest name in wrestling at this time. (All my selections were from the different eras that I have watched wrestling)

I could definitely agree with Stone Cold bringing in more than Rock, but not twice as many as Rock, let alone Rock and Cena combined.

Beserker
08-07-2012, 11:46 AM
for me

Brett
Shawn
Taker
Austin

John Lonce
08-07-2012, 12:26 PM
Stone Cold Steve Austin, Hulk Hogan, Shawn Michaels, Undertaker

thejman93
08-07-2012, 12:30 PM
Austin, Trips (how people are forgetting/neglecting him is beyond me.), HBK, 'Taker.

Dubs
08-07-2012, 12:38 PM
Hulk Hogan, Bruno Sammartino, Stone Cold, and The Rock.

K2Jelly
08-07-2012, 12:41 PM
Hulk Hogan, Bruno Sammartino, Stone Cold, and The Rock.

You lied!

You said you weren't going to change your avatar again! :mad:

But seriously? Sammartino? Why him?

body slam
08-07-2012, 12:46 PM
Hogan, HBK, Taker, VKM

BadAndy
08-07-2012, 12:47 PM
I'm sorry but you can't really put a head on the WWE Mt. Rushmore of a wrestler that's still active, no matter how much they've done for the company. Because of this, Cena is out. Vince, while the main man, isn't a wrestler either so he's out. It should be Hogan, SCSA, The Rock, and either HHH, Bret Hart, Taker, or HBK.

Dennis
08-07-2012, 12:52 PM
I'm sorry but you can't really put a head on the WWE Mt. Rushmore of a wrestler that's still active, no matter how much they've done for the company. Because of this, Cena is out. Vince, while the main man, isn't a wrestler either so he's out. It should be Hogan, SCSA, The Rock, and either HHH, Bret Hart, Taker, or HBK.
both of the highlighted guys have matches scheduled on major ppv's also the rock is likely going to be a wwe champion again. I'm not saying they are super active but they're not done with their wrestling careers either.. I could make similar cases for hogan and taker

Dubs
08-07-2012, 12:53 PM
You lied!

You said you weren't going to change your avatar again! :mad:

But seriously? Sammartino? Why him?
I think it's due to the fact that he was the biggest draw back in the old WWWF days before Vince Mcmahon Jr. took over his dad's company and made it mainstream. He drew out MSG countless times and became the first man to hold the NWA World title along with the WWWF World title. Hes one of, if not, the biggest draws in WWE history.

BadAndy
08-07-2012, 12:55 PM
both of the highlighted guys have matches scheduled on major ppv's also the rock is likely going to be a wwe champion again. I'm not saying they are super active but they're not done with their wrestling careers either.. I could make similar cases for hogan and taker

Very true, but do we honestly consider then to still be active? They are basically like the old guys that still want to have a match or two. Hell Terry Funk is still out there wrestling somewhere but I don't really consider him "active." lol

Dennis
08-07-2012, 12:59 PM
Very true, but do we honestly consider then to still be active? They are basically like the old guys that still want to have a match or two. Hell Terry Funk is still out there wrestling somewhere but I don't really consider him "active." lol
well as long as they are still in main events of major promotions main ppv's I consider them active. summerslam has HHH in it's main event and its one of the wwe's main four ppvs.. and the rock is in the rumbles wwe title match what is another of wwe's major four ppv's. IMO as long as you are competing in major wrestling ppv's you are at least some what active.(repeated twice for extra emphasis :))

Wade Barrett 1979
08-07-2012, 01:07 PM

Yes because this not real thing has rules, so Vince can't be included. :rolleyes:

BadAndy
08-07-2012, 01:12 PM
Yes because this not real thing has rules, so Vince can't be included. :rolleyes:

Come now. You ask a question then we must have parameters for said question.

Cynicism
08-07-2012, 01:15 PM

The first rule of WWE Mt Rushmore is there is no WWE Mt Rushmore

BadAndy
08-07-2012, 01:15 PM
well as long as they are still in main events of major promotions main ppv's I consider them active. summerslam has HHH in it's main event and its one of the wwe's main four ppvs.. and the rock is in the rumbles wwe title match what is another of wwe's major four ppv's. IMO as long as you are competing in major wrestling ppv's you are at least some what active.(repeated twice for extra emphasis :))

Not really being a watcher of PPVs I have no clue what their main ones are. I know Wrestlemania and that's about it for main ones. Still, even with them wrestling in those PPVs I don't see them in their gear in the ring week in and week out so to me that's not active, maybe I'd call it "just barely" active. Anyways, I'd gladly leave The Rock off and there are still others that I listed that you could have in his and HHH's place. So problem solved.

Wade Barrett 1979
08-07-2012, 01:19 PM
Come now. You ask a question then we must have parameters for said question.

Two points: 1: If this were to become a real thing and be commissioned, do you think Vince would leave himself off? 2: Just because he didn't wrestle, doesn't mean you can take away what he's done for the business. Whether you detest Vince or not.

Also not all questions need parameters.

Cabers
08-07-2012, 01:49 PM
You've both missed the most obvious:

Vincent Kennedy McMahon.

A statue of Liberty sized head of him!!

Destruction
08-07-2012, 01:59 PM
Vince McMahon, Hulk Hogan, Stone Cold, HBK

ToiletBowl
08-07-2012, 02:58 PM
Vince McMahon - Of Course
Hulk Hogan - Made wrestling main stream
Stone Cold Steve Austin - The main reason why there was likely 1000+ RAWs in the first place
HHH - The next Vince McMahon

Honorable mention:
Fritz Von Erich - Essentially laid out the blue print for modern day wrestling. At one point, WCCW was right there with biggest promotion in the country
Ric Flair - the 2nd biggest name of the 1980s
HBK - The best in ring performer of all time
Bret Hart - Perhaps the best "wrestler" of the 1990s

bearkg88
08-07-2012, 03:05 PM
well, I would say Vince, Hogan, Austin, and either The Rock or HBK

CM Rock-Austin
08-07-2012, 04:43 PM
Vince McMahon, Hulk Hogan, Stone Cold, HBK

This right here for me as well.

imswm
08-07-2012, 04:55 PM
Well, if you're going to include the promotion when it was still known as the WWF, before the lawsuit, it would be imperative to include Bruno Sammartino, the man the company was built upon--Hall Of Fame or not.

Playboy Stevie V
08-07-2012, 05:15 PM
My four Mt Rushmore Heads for Vince Jr's WWE would be...Hogan, SCSA, HBK, Undertaker

My four Mt Rushmore Heads for Vince Sr's WWE would be...Bruno Samartino, Bob Backlund, Billy Graham, Buddy Rogers

My four Mt Rushmore Heads for Pre Bishoff NWA would be...Ric Flair, Dusty Rhodes, Lou Thez, Harley Race

My four Mt Rushmore Heads for Bishoff's WCW would be...Hogan, Goldberg, DDP, Randy Savage

My four Mt Rushmore Heads for Heyman's ECW would be...Sabu, Tazz, Raven, Shane Douglas

My four Mt Rushmore Heads for WCCW would be- David Von Erich, Kerry Von Erich, Michael Hayes, Jimmy Garvin

My four Mt Rushmore Heads for AWA would be- Verne Gagne, Larry Zbyszko, Nick Bockwinkle, Curt Henning

I got outta hand here, but hell...this is a fun topic. Nice job!

tdp
08-07-2012, 05:33 PM
Having only watched WWE for the last 12 years or so i'm going with; Stone Cold, Undertaker, HHH, The Rock

BadAndy
08-07-2012, 08:11 PM
Barrett, let's be honest. We couldn't really make a 4 head Mount Rushmore of the WWE. It would need to be more like a dozen heads. Too many people have meant too much to this business.

On a different note, CM Rock-Austin, who is that chick on your sig? I like the TNA I see (hehehe you see what I did there?).

Y2JLionsault
08-07-2012, 11:30 PM
It just can't be done, you'd have like 7 heads if you wanted it to be really relevant. It would consist of Rock, Stone Cold, Hogan, Taker, HBK, Cena and of course Vince. I guess Cena can be dropped because the full impact of his time in the WWE won't be seen until he has retired. But of the other six who do you leave out? Also I forgot Flair, lol. And cases can be made for other guys like BretHart as well. I just don't think it's possible to come up with only 4.

Dennis
08-07-2012, 11:44 PM
Not really being a watcher of PPVs I have no clue what their main ones are. I know Wrestlemania and that's about it for main ones. Still, even with them wrestling in those PPVs I don't see them in their gear in the ring week in and week out so to me that's not active, maybe I'd call it "just barely" active. Anyways, I'd gladly leave The Rock off and there are still others that I listed that you could have in his and HHH's place. So problem solved.
just in curoisity why don't you think current stars can be on wwe's mt rushmore?

SLEEPY LOCO1
08-08-2012, 02:17 AM
Barrett, let's be honest. We couldn't really make a 4 head Mount Rushmore of the WWE. It would need to be more like a dozen heads. Too many people have meant too much to this business.

On a different note, CM Rock-Austin, who is that chick on your sig? I like the TNA I see (hehehe you see what I did there?).

There are 3 girls in his sig, It's Layla, Rosita (tna) and AJ.

FLWWEFan
08-08-2012, 08:18 AM
Vince McMahon
Hulk Hogan
Stone Cold Steve Austin
John Cena

justinjackson1983
08-08-2012, 08:29 AM
vince mcmahon, Hulk hogan,ric flair, bret hart

KJ PUNK
08-08-2012, 01:33 PM
My four Mt Rushmore Heads for Vince Jr's WWE would be...Hogan, SCSA, HBK, Undertaker

My four Mt Rushmore Heads for Vince Sr's WWE would be...Bruno Samartino, Bob Backlund, Billy Graham, Buddy Rogers

My four Mt Rushmore Heads for Pre Bishoff NWA would be...Ric Flair, Dusty Rhodes, Lou Thez, Harley Race

My four Mt Rushmore Heads for Bishoff's WCW would be...Hogan, Goldberg, DDP, Randy Savage

My four Mt Rushmore Heads for Heyman's ECW would be...Sabu, Tazz, Raven, Shane Douglas

My four Mt Rushmore Heads for WCCW would be- David Von Erich, Kerry Von Erich, Michael Hayes, Jimmy Garvin

My four Mt Rushmore Heads for AWA would be- Verne Gagne, Larry Zbyszko, Nick Bockwinkle, Curt Henning

I got outta hand here, but hell...this is a fun topic. Nice job!

Replace DDP on Bischoff's WCW with Sting for me.

hbk2416
08-08-2012, 03:22 PM
HBK, Hogan, Austin and Taker

HHHBK
08-08-2012, 04:03 PM
Rock, Stone Cold, Taker, HBK

Peter Kaymakcian
08-09-2012, 02:29 AM
Stone Cold, Vince McMahon, The Rock, and John Cena