PDA

View Full Version : Good Save D-Bry

Lewigie
08-06-2012, 09:47 AM
I thought I'd post this comment after seeing this week's Smackdown and particularly Daniel Bryan. After the whole "YES" gimmick ignited Bryan's reputation during his WHC reign he was very much loved (and hated) by the fans. But I have to say that over the last few months it started to get a bit OTT and a little repetitive. In it reminded me of the "Hustle, Loyalty, Respect" angle than Cena kept ramming down out throats (sorry for swearing). But after watching this week it's come to my attention that Bryan is an absolute GENIUS !

I'm sure with some guidance from the men at the top, but the guy realized that alot of people have got bored of the "YES" thing and decided to act upon it. How does he do this ? Turn Face ? Release more shirts ? NO ! He changes it to just that. The "NO" gimmick. I'm sure I'll get a lot of stick for this but c'mon not only has he changed he persona into someone who's a little bit more vicious (remember he started to turn into someone with Napoleon Complex), he made the fan's feel like their on his back (which many of the greatest talents have in past) but also the idea that he's not detached from the fan's who got him to where he is now.

I will point out I'm not a Bryan-lover. I think he's an amazing talent and I find it difficult turning over during his matches but it really impressed me to see him capitalize on the momentum he had. Rather than just wait till he goes stale.

Credit to the man.

tupelojoe81
08-06-2012, 10:53 AM
he's doing a great job "doing his job".........not sure what else to say, but yeah.

Dennis
08-06-2012, 11:07 AM
asking his fans to say know just gives him a bigger pop and makes the yes chants louder. IMO that's genius.

shambo2k9
08-06-2012, 11:10 AM
I thought I'd post this comment after seeing this week's Smackdown and particularly Daniel Bryan. After the whole "YES" gimmick ignited Bryan's reputation during his WHC reign he was very much loved (and hated) by the fans. But I have to say that over the last few months it started to get a bit OTT and a little repetitive. In it reminded me of the "Hustle, Loyalty, Respect" angle than Cena kept ramming down out throats (sorry for swearing). But after watching this week it's come to my attention that Bryan is an absolute GENIUS !

I'm sure with some guidance from the men at the top, but the guy realized that alot of people have got bored of the "YES" thing and decided to act upon it. How does he do this ? Turn Face ? Release more shirts ? NO ! He changes it to just that. The "NO" gimmick. I'm sure I'll get a lot of stick for this but c'mon not only has he changed he persona into someone who's a little bit more vicious (remember he started to turn into someone with Napoleon Complex), he made the fan's feel like their on his back (which many of the greatest talents have in past) but also the idea that he's not detached from the fan's who got him to where he is now.

I will point out I'm not a Bryan-lover. I think he's an amazing talent and I find it difficult turning over during his matches but it really impressed me to see him capitalize on the momentum he had. Rather than just wait till he goes stale.

Credit to the man.

DB is great in everything he does just like punk im glad and im sure many others are that VM gave them the ball and they have ran with it... i just dont know where u swore lol

shambo2k9
08-06-2012, 11:12 AM
asking his fans to say know just gives him a bigger pop and makes the yes chants louder. IMO that's genius.

its the you suck chant kurt angle angle all over again but yea its genius.

Lewigie
08-06-2012, 11:14 AM
DB is great in everything he does just like punk im glad and im sure many others are that VM gave them the ball and they have ran with it... i just dont know where u swore lol

It was the fact that I put Bryan and Cena in the same sentence. I know for a lot of the IWC it's a bit more like blasphemy ...

Wade Barrett 1979
08-06-2012, 11:24 AM
It was probably a writer who came up with this but yeah it's fun.

Don't apologise about the Cena thing, we're not all 12 on here.

ewantu2
08-06-2012, 01:19 PM
I think you just get bored to fast. I don't see the IWC getting bored of what chants.

Cabers
08-06-2012, 02:07 PM
its the you suck chant kurt angle angle all over again but yea its genius.

Exactly right!!

scribbler_jones
08-06-2012, 03:09 PM
Wonder if this means the "Yes" Lock will become the "No" Lock...

Fatality
08-06-2012, 03:17 PM

Holy shit, i was thinking exact the same when i read the OP's post. That would be pretty awesome!

scribbler_jones
08-06-2012, 03:30 PM
Holy shit, i was thinking exact the same when i read the OP's post. That would be pretty awesome!

Totally... if they do, I think it would be a great sell if the person he locks it on actually screams "NO!" like bloody murder... Just a thought. Still, the idea of WWE's Yes Man now resorting to yelling "No" is a bit interesting.

daverende5
08-06-2012, 03:48 PM

I thought Michael Cole mentioned something like that on SD!

Lewigie
08-06-2012, 03:51 PM
I thought Michael Cole mentioned something like that on SD!

Yup Cole made a point about it. It really is genuinely now called the No lock

scribbler_jones
08-06-2012, 04:02 PM
Yup Cole made a point about it. It really is genuinely now called the No lock

Ah. Go figure... haven't bothered to watch SD in a while...

steveorton
08-06-2012, 07:09 PM
D Bryan - great in the ring, good on the mic, great catch phrases. Yes Yes Yes.

evilgenius780
08-07-2012, 12:53 AM

Pardon the pun but....yes

Daniel Bryan said it himself during his promo on Friday.

TheBadGuy2090
08-07-2012, 03:59 AM
D-Bryan is great..His heel persona has been thus far great..

PrimusSucks
08-07-2012, 07:40 AM
On the subject of D-Bry and Cena, is anyone else kinda down that they didn't save that match for a big pay per view? It could have made money, also it wasn't exactly the technical showcase that their 2003 Velocity match was but it was pretty good.

Lewigie
08-07-2012, 08:15 AM
On the subject of D-Bry and Cena, is anyone else kinda down that they didn't save that match for a big pay per view? It could have made money, also it wasn't exactly the technical showcase that their 2003 Velocity match was but it was pretty good.

Spot on !!!!

Dubs
08-07-2012, 10:49 AM
I was going to make a thread about this. You are totally right man. I would love to see a Daniel Bryan vs John Cena match on a quality PPV. Though their match last night was a great Raw main event I've seen in a long time.

dub
08-07-2012, 01:15 PM
I like the way he gets into it with the fans in the front row, LOLOL. Dats sum funny stuff.

Fan: YES!
Bryan: NO!
Fan: YES!
Bryan: NO
Fan and Bryan at same time: YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

LOL :)

tweedidldum
08-07-2012, 09:26 PM
somebody fucking hit me over the head now.....pleassssssssssssssseeeeee!!!!!