PDA

View Full Version : JBL returning to WWE?

Tommy Thunder
08-05-2012, 05:19 PM
From the main newsboard, AND I QUOTE:

Former WWE (http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news/8030/news?Item%5Btags%5D=WWE) Champion John "Bradshaw" Layfield teased on Twitter that he will be assuming the SmackDown color commentator chair left by Booker T. He wrote, "I was only debating coming back, not very serious. But after @MichaelCole shows he is still alive and an idiot. I'm coming back! #smackdown."

The esteemed Voice of WWE (http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news/8030/news?Item%5Btags%5D=WWE), Michael Cole, broke his six-month Twitter silence to respond to his former broadcast partner dismissively comparing him to basketball great Michael Jordan's backup center teammate Will Perdue: "It was jordan and pippen. You got glory I did the work. sorry I am actually working and not golfing at st Andrews or fishing in the Bahamas. Enjoy retirement."

Cole also stated in regards to Layfield's vow to come back to SmackDown,"I am sure they have a spot for you at nxt and fcw. Enjoy learning the ropes again."

So, is the self-proclaimed 'Wrestling God' returning to the commentary table?
Do people want him to return?

I know that he's in the middle of climbing some mountains for charity right now (or has he finished that?), but I'd love to see him return to take up a commentator role again once he's done with that.
I think he'd make a great replacement for Booker (who was never a great commentator, but great entertainment value). JBL was awesome at the desk before, and I think WWE would certainly benefit from him coming back in that role.

Dennis
08-05-2012, 05:27 PM
IMO having jbl as a commentator would be awesome. I think he is done climbing mountains so a natural transition for the "wrestling god" would be to sit at the announcers table. I don't know anyone else who can turn the fans against him like jbl... you know minus edge but he needed some assistance with that (lita).

K2Jelly
08-05-2012, 05:30 PM
Fuck yes. I'd love to hear his heel commentary again. Growing up as a kid, I genuinely hated him because of how effective he was behind the table but he would always heighten the importance of a match by bringing up valuable information about the wrestlers involved, their history and the overall atmosphere. Though, it might be kind of awkward for him to return as a heel since the last time we saw him, he was helping out Lita along with Farooq as Bradshaw and not JBL.

tweedidldum
08-05-2012, 05:54 PM
Good move if it happens. Guys like this who have been around the business for a long time are the type of guys you need on commentary. Would like to see JBL on smackdown and Reagle on Raw commentary.

indysteve1563
08-05-2012, 06:19 PM
From the main newsboard, AND I QUOTE:

So, is the self-proclaimed 'Wrestling God' returning to the commentary table?
Do people want him to return?

I know that he's in the middle of climbing some mountains for charity right now (or has he finished that?), but I'd love to see him return to take up a commentator role again once he's done with that.
I think he'd make a great replacement for Booker (who was never a great commentator, but great entertainment value). JBL was awesome at the desk before, and I think WWE would certainly benefit from him coming back in that role.

I hope to God that JBL returns to SD. The more I listen to Cole, the more I wish that almost anyone else but Cole would do color commentary.

HeelTurn
08-05-2012, 06:20 PM
Would love to see JBL on commentary, he had this quirk where he actually bothered to put feuds and wrestlers over, something no other commentator seems to do anymore.

BadAndy
08-05-2012, 07:14 PM
Imagine if you had JBL, Punk and Regal all commentating. It might be a little lopsided but they are three of the most enjoyable commentators I've heard since watching WWE. I'd gladly welcome JBL back to the commentator's table.

WoodenBulldozer
08-05-2012, 07:28 PM
Fuck yes. I'd love to hear his heel commentary again. Growing up as a kid, I genuinely hated him because of how effective he was behind the table but he would always heighten the importance of a match by bringing up valuable information about the wrestlers involved, their history and the overall atmosphere. Though, it might be kind of awkward for him to return as a heel since the last time we saw him, he was helping out Lita along with Farooq as Bradshaw and not JBL.

He's made APA reunions with Farooq in the past even when he was a heel and nobody seems to care if he's heel or face at the time, they love it either way. It's like JBL and Bradshaw are two completely different people.

SilverGhost
08-05-2012, 11:02 PM
JBL on commentary would be great! I enjoyed it when he messed with Cole. He could do it again.

PSOjedi
08-05-2012, 11:29 PM
Yes I want JBL to return, but I would prefer as a GM or as a manager. If he returns as an announcer I don't care.

Marx
08-06-2012, 03:38 AM
JBL returning would be nice, but I'd rather see the Clothesline from Hell come back and I don't care who uses it. Wade Barrett would be a good option.

jelle1809
08-06-2012, 03:56 AM
Would loe to hear him again as commentator. If it were only possible that he could just replace Cole on smackdown and let him and josh matthews do the commentating on Smackdown, so that we get Cole only on Raw.

Bodom
08-06-2012, 11:42 AM
Isn't JBL in the middle of a massive Mountain Climbing for Charity expedition? I can't imagine he'll have much spare time to return on a full-time basis in any capacity.

PSOjedi
08-06-2012, 11:50 AM
Isn't JBL in the middle of a massive Mountain Climbing for Charity expedition? I can't imagine he'll have much spare time to return on a full-time basis in any capacity.
via satellite :rolleyes:

G.G.G.
08-06-2012, 12:37 PM
Not to bash on Cole, or maybe I am, but JBL returning to the commentary table would be awesome. He is a true heel commentator and if they moved him to Smackdown! I think they should just keep Cole and King on RAW and use JBL and Mathews on Smackdown!

TheRealOutlaw
08-06-2012, 12:40 PM
I think the entire mountain climbing for charity was a little more then JBL thought it would be. I'm sure WWE will donate a ton of money to the charity in order for JBL to return. I would have loved to see JBL as GM over commentator, he would make a better GM and I think would get more involved with wrestlers over Booker. I do hope if JBL is infact coming back as commentator that he does get a little more active then just talking.

bcfccalum
08-06-2012, 01:17 PM
I think the entire mountain climbing for charity was a little more then JBL thought it would be. I'm sure WWE will donate a ton of money to the charity in order for JBL to return. I would have loved to see JBL as GM over commentator, he would make a better GM and I think would get more involved with wrestlers over Booker. I do hope if JBL is infact coming back as commentator that he does get a little more active then just talking.

would be great to see but didnt he retire because of injuries? if so then i doubt we'd see much of him in the ring, i'd expect him to compete as much as lawler, if not less

Cabers
08-06-2012, 02:05 PM
Would be great but he is obviously joking.

steveorton
08-06-2012, 07:06 PM
I want him to role whether it be as GM, commentator or back in the ring. Would love to see a Jericho vs JBL feud or a JBL vs Punk or vs Orton or vs Sheamus (physical match), etc.

TheDevilsAdvocate
08-06-2012, 10:52 PM
I'm just going to throw this out there... I would love for JBL and Chris Jericho to be the Raw Commentators, while Jerry Lawler gets moved to SD! with Josh Matthews.

.... Michael Cole should take over the GM position from AJ Lee.