PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else not like Ryback?

Peter Kaymakcian
08-05-2012, 04:11 AM
I tend to find his matches boring and I never really liked him. For instance I always thought he sucked in both NXT and Nexus. I know he'll be big in the WWE, but I just don't get all the hype. Anyone else feel the same way or different? Tell me what you do like about him.

AWrestlingGod
08-05-2012, 04:33 AM
I like Ryback and love his hard hitting moveset but I feel eventually he may get bland and that eventually guys like Jack Swagger, Cody Rhodes, will eventually face him and most like lose to continue to build Ryback, which is probably going to turn a lot more fans against him. I like him, I just wish he can get a few loses in so he won't go through a whole few years beating everyone left in right.

PSOjedi
08-05-2012, 06:50 AM
I always fast forward his matches, just like Cena's. For me, the guy is boring, and his gimmick also. He does not put the type of matches I want to see so I just don't care. I never liked Golberg, and I think I will never like Ryback, as long as his gimmick will be the same.

John Lonce
08-05-2012, 07:03 AM
Ryback is more Scott Norton than he is Goldberg.....and WWE is pushing him like a Goldberg, or a Batista or an Ultimate Warrior.

Robstar
08-05-2012, 08:36 AM
I think Ryback would be perfect in a tag team. Whether it's two burly, beefed up blokes together or in a big man/small man setup, they need to give the audience a sense of who this guy is. Away from the in-ring destroyer - he needs some depth or there's simply no future for him. Much the same way they brought Kane out of his "no-talkie" phase, they need to give Ryback a voice.

In a team or with a manager, this guy is viable. What are they going to do with him after the streak is over? Put him over Undertaker at Wrestlemania? I dread to think!

ewantu2
08-05-2012, 09:09 AM
He did have a small promo for the first time on Smackdown it was ok but he needs to do more.

BadAndy
08-05-2012, 09:23 AM
I'm not a fan but I'll say this. Since they've moved him on to fighting actual wrestlers on the roster he's started to look a lot less Goldberg and have a little more dimension. They are really pushing the food/feed thing. While I found the Al Snow story hilarious, I'm otherwise not that interested in it. I don't see a lot of longevity for this character at the current pace they are going with the current character. He needs to evolve or die.

Double Axehandle
08-05-2012, 09:47 AM
I tend to find his matches boring and I never really liked him. For instance I always thought he sucked in both NXT and Nexus. I know he'll be big in the WWE, but I just don't get all the hype. Anyone else feel the same way or different? Tell me what you do like about him.

I love Roidback and his amazing botching ability.

#bestintheworld

Sage
08-05-2012, 09:56 AM
I HATED him in nxt. I can't really judge ryback now bcause iv only seen the squash matches and haven't seen his recent actual matches.

Dennis
08-05-2012, 11:05 AM
I love Roidback and his amazing botching ability.

#bestintheworld
great sarcasm lol

Sahu
08-05-2012, 11:16 AM
i liked him on NXT n his nexus stint also..but as Rybak he's not so impressive....but last few matches he played off well...need some more time to mak a decision about him...

AlexWorldOrder
08-05-2012, 11:18 AM
Yup-Yup-what it doooo

Ughhhhhh the guy is godawful. Zero charisma, and incredibly cheesy.

indysteve1563
08-05-2012, 11:34 AM
He did have a small promo for the first time on Smackdown it was ok but he needs to do more.

Also factor in that it could be a case of WWE Creative (a contradiction in terms) just not having anything of substance for Ryback right now. Regardless, he needs some real competition in the ring. And by that, I don't mean Tyler Reks.

Bennyladd1
08-05-2012, 11:37 AM
I really like Ryback. Feed me more! lol

magglis
08-05-2012, 11:51 AM
I always fast forward his matches, just like Cena's. For me, the guy is boring, and his gimmick also. He does not put the type of matches I want to see so I just don't care. I never liked Golberg, and I think I will never like Ryback, as long as his gimmick will be the same.
That was a lie and you know it

Dude In Feud
08-05-2012, 12:24 PM
Now is the real time when we get to see what he can do in front of descent in ring performers instead of local jobbers...!!

Marx
08-05-2012, 03:36 PM
What are they going to do with him after the streak is over? Put him over Undertaker at Wrestlemania? I dread to think!

If they do this, I will tune out of WWE wrestling and never return. I think that answer's Peter's question: I don't like Ryback. I don't like the way he walks, I hate his threads, I hate the idea that WWE thinks this will work.

FunkyKong
08-05-2012, 03:40 PM
I don't like him. I don't like any "monster" characters.

tweedidldum
08-05-2012, 05:51 PM
I would have like to seen Ryback as just a normal character and be himself, not some jacked up roid freak!!! I think he has the physique, no doubt, and he can move good in the ring for a big guy but if he was just himself and running through the roster with his wrestling ability and not calling out 2 guys at once " Feed me more " bullshit i would have been fine with that but clearly the wwe is aiming at the younger fans yet again with lame characters like this.

CactusJackBangBang!
08-05-2012, 06:49 PM
I like Ryback and i like the gimmick. *tap tap tap on head*

BadAndy
08-05-2012, 07:18 PM
I would have like to seen Ryback as just a normal character and be himself, not some jacked up roid freak!!! I think he has the physique, no doubt, and he can move good in the ring for a big guy but if he was just himself and running through the roster with his wrestling ability and not calling out 2 guys at once " Feed me more " bullshit i would have been fine with that but clearly the wwe is aiming at the younger fans yet again with lame characters like this.

Um, the whole "Feed me more" is apparently based on him and his eating habits. It's a bit of a tongue in cheek.

I agree FunkyKong, I'm not a fan of the "monster" wrestlers at all. I enjoy when you have one that actually displays talent. I have seen some things with Ryback that actually look like talent since he's stepped up who he's fighting. I think he could be packaged a little better though. I'm not a fan of the outfit, the marching, and his powerbomb is terrible. He takes forever to have the wrestler on the ground hook hands with him. It just doesn't play off as him naturally dominating the guy as opposed to him about to pick the guy up and swing him around.

URATOOL
08-05-2012, 07:32 PM

Does not compute!!!

PrimusSucks
08-05-2012, 08:21 PM
He did have a small promo for the first time on Smackdown it was ok but he needs to feed me more.

Fixed 10letters

TheBoogeyMan
08-05-2012, 08:38 PM
I think Ryback would be perfect in a tag team. Whether it's two burly, beefed up blokes together or in a big man/small man setup, they need to give the audience a sense of who this guy is. Away from the in-ring destroyer - he needs some depth or there's simply no future for him. Much the same way they brought Kane out of his "no-talkie" phase, they need to give Ryback a voice.

In a team or with a manager, this guy is viable. What are they going to do with him after the streak is over? Put him over Undertaker at Wrestlemania? I dread to think!

Ryback and Wade Barrett would be formidible

cmadel96
08-05-2012, 11:31 PM
He didn't botch even once. I think Ryback is a great wrestler, he always does different power moves. He started feuding with Jinder Mahal so I don't think he will squash anymore local competitors. Love his Backpack Stunner BTW.

Lucas Chapel
08-06-2012, 12:15 AM
Ryback is my favourite thing in WWE atm.

TheBadGuy2090
08-06-2012, 03:59 AM
He's okay right now..his moveset is good..but i really want to see how much he can cooperate in the ring with guys who are much faster in the ring like evan bourne or kofi or heavier than him like tensai.

Cabers
08-06-2012, 01:56 PM
I'm not a fan but I'll say this. Since they've moved him on to fighting actual wrestlers on the roster he's started to look a lot less Goldberg and have a little more dimension. They are really pushing the food/feed thing. While I found the Al Snow story hilarious, I'm otherwise not that interested in it. I don't see a lot of longevity for this character at the current pace they are going with the current character. He needs to evolve or die.

Yeah i did some laughing at Al's story all true as well which made it funnier.

OT: It is another power wrestler character with no real direction right now.

tdp
08-06-2012, 03:51 PM
In his current state I don't like Ryback. I do think he has plenty of potential especially if given some character development, he's had almost none so far. I wouldn't say he's a complete waste of space yet I suppose. Hopefully he and Mahal have a lengthy fued to help make them both seem more legit. My biggest knock against him is I simply don't like monster face characters, making him more vulnerable and "human" would help him in my book.

bryanb1306
08-06-2012, 05:12 PM

He reminds me of Steve Wilkos. I don't like when Wilkos starts throwing chairs across the stage. It doesn't make him look like a badass. Sorry Skip Sheffield, you can blame it all on Steve Wilkos.

tupelojoe81
08-07-2012, 09:35 AM
i dont like the way he enunciates each syllable. Very annoying.

also, i saw a poster that cracked me up, "Ryback has a tapeworm"