PDA

View Full Version : Things WWE has done that made you scratch your head an wonder... WTF?!

TheDevilsAdvocate
11-16-2010, 01:09 PM
Okay, so I will start things off. The one thing I thought was strange was Darren Youngs one-off appearance on Raw. He actually cut a good promo on Wade Barret an this could have been a really great feud but then all went to hell when he was RKO'd by The Viper, Randy Orton. The part I am speaking of is in the video below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hzuh2n-uzc

WilliamJames
11-16-2010, 01:29 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBWyLV3wybU&feature=related

Manabu
11-16-2010, 01:31 PM
hire cena...

Bodom
11-16-2010, 01:36 PM
This was a head scratcher. Anyone remember this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGlvsG8ab0w

Iron Ape
11-16-2010, 01:36 PM
hire cena...

I, too, sit in front of my television and scratch my head in wonder as to why a company would hire a guy who has made millions for their company. It's downright puzzling.

Manabu
11-16-2010, 01:38 PM
I see jokes arent you're forte

Starscreamer
11-16-2010, 01:39 PM
Hornswoggle and Boogeyman....

Mr. America

any of those dance offs that end with Simmons going "DAMN!"

anything with the Tag (ha!) division

and why did that one guy in the Headbangers wear a bra?

Iron Ape
11-16-2010, 01:40 PM
I see jokes arent you're forte

And I see that proper spelling and punctuation isn't yours.

Manabu
11-16-2010, 01:43 PM
apparently not
fair enough, I deserved that

AngrySamoan
11-16-2010, 01:45 PM
The Angle with Mae Young dating Mark Henry, and didnt she give birth to a hand??
I can't remember much about it, other than I thought it was weird to say the least.

BaileyRose
11-16-2010, 01:46 PM
The Angle with Mae Young dating Mark Henry, and didnt she give birth to a hand??
I can't remember much about it, other than I thought it was weird to say the least.

That gave me nightmares!!

Iron Ape
11-16-2010, 01:50 PM
Santino was one of the best heels the company had ever seen. Instead of capitalizing on someone who could bring hilariously monster heat to any given feud, they just went and completely squandered a golden opportunity.

SilverGhost
11-16-2010, 01:50 PM
And I see that proper spelling and punctuation isn't yours.

Lol this guy is too good.

Bodom
11-16-2010, 01:51 PM
Suspending Mysterio and rewarding him on his return.

SilverGhost
11-16-2010, 01:52 PM
That gave me nightmares!!

That was very funny!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzQJsa0aTC0

Reaction is priceless!

Allison
11-16-2010, 02:14 PM
Buy both WCW and ECW just for the purpose of deliberately destroying them.

ObscureRessurection
11-16-2010, 02:18 PM

This has to be the absolute BIGGEST head scratcher. WWE had it all an blew the chance to create some dream matches. It just seemed rushed an when stars from other brands were put on the show they were always in groups which angered me greatly.

Iron Ape
11-16-2010, 02:21 PM

To be fair, WCW was already in shambles by the time Vince got to it. Also, the main purpose of both purchases was to raid talent and enhance their library.

ObscureRessurection
11-16-2010, 02:34 PM
This was a head scratcher. Anyone remember this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGlvsG8ab0w

That was rather odd. Did this guy get released?

Bodom
11-16-2010, 02:38 PM
That was rather odd. Did this guy get released?

Yeah. They aired that promo and then released him the next day.

Odd

Xpacfan
11-16-2010, 02:56 PM
The Kane vs. Masked Kane Angle. It was pointless and never went anywhere!

Also, how the creative team just inexplicably killed the Kane/Lita storyline and started up the Hardy/Edge/Lita angle. I mean they didn't attempt to do anything to logically transition into it...its like they totally relied on all the information that leaked to the internet to build the fued.

Lowki
11-16-2010, 03:20 PM
Okay, so I will start things off. The one thing I thought was strange was Darren Youngs one-off appearance on Raw. He actually cut a good promo on Wade Barret an this could have been a really great feud but then all went to hell when he was RKO'd by The Viper, Randy Orton. The part I am speaking of is in the video below:

Hasn't Darren young only been in one match since? A battle royal a few weeks back? (Don't ask when, Every week on raw seems to blend into one these days...)

@Bodom I remember seeing that Vade promo on smackdown saying he was going to debut soon...then was released a month later...
---
Personally some of the most pointless things i've seen in the last 20 odd years...
1.Dawn marie and Torrie wilsons fued and Dawn killed torries dad by giving him a heart attack...
2.The whole katie vick storyline.
3.Building up MVP, Putting him in a losing streak storyline to make him work for his spot, then doing nothing of worth with him since.
4.Why they got rid of King of the ring PPV... As a fan since the early 90s (i was 5 in 1992 and still remember the first raw) i always had 5 favorite ppvs...Royal Rumble, Wrestlemania, king of the ring, summerslam, survivor series. If you look at its history, nearly every winner has gone on to great things; Such as world title reigns or Legend status. Over 18 KotR there have been 2 real failures in my eyes... Mabel -95/ billy gunn - 99 but Regal could really be viewed as a failed push. So looking at it's history, it was essentially like the Royal rumble. It meant that if you won it, you were getting a push.
5.Melina on superstars..
6.Spirit Squad...(Besides the unintentionally hilarious over enthusastic intro to their entrance...)
7.Piggy James storyline.
8.The crapfest that has become the tag division
9.That period (think i was '03) when triple H would come out as champion for and talk for 40minutes at the start of every raw, for over a year.
10.Killing off the old school for the past few years, then suddenly deciding to do an old school raw when most of the audience was dead.
11.Why they stopped teaching modern day wrestlers how to use a microphone. Even tito santanas introduction was better than most of the Promos of the past few years. The talking aspect is what made the attitude era so great imo.

drumgod
11-16-2010, 03:24 PM
Remember the Goobly-de-gookster? They had a giant Egg on the show for several weeks leading up to Surivior Series. On the PPV a stupid person in a turkey costume comes out of the damn thing. Even Mean Gean was like WTF...

vbirwin
11-16-2010, 03:48 PM
Katie Vick. Definately Katie Vick.

Allison
11-16-2010, 03:50 PM
To be fair, WCW was already in shambles by the time Vince got to it. Also, the main purpose of both purchases was to raid talent and enhance their library.

But Vince had the resources and knowledge to rebuild WCW. And with ECW he bought it, and seemed to take great joy in destroying it's legacy. He could've been the owner of three sucessful wrestling companies, but intstead it seemed to be more important to make sure that WWE was the only wrestling company. It makes me wonder how long it will be before vince's deep pockets start knocking on the door at TNA and ROH.

Bodom
11-16-2010, 03:52 PM
Classic monopolization.

Buy out your main competition and eliminate them

Xpacfan
11-16-2010, 03:57 PM
9.That period (think i was '03) when triple H would come out as champion for and talk for 40minutes at the start of every raw, for over a year.

Just '03? Try every year he was leading a stable, most notiably Evolution.

WWTNA IS ALIVE
11-16-2010, 04:04 PM

Finally, someone who thinks that Darren Young has potenial! Anywho, the oddest thing was when Kaval was attacked by NXT season 2 rookies. I found this to be really weird and random. Just saying.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUfyZhcbwGg

Bodom
11-16-2010, 04:08 PM
Finally, someone who thinks that Darren Young has potenial! Anywho, the oddest thing was when Kaval was attacked by NXT season 2 rookies. I found this to be really weird and random. Just saying.

And nothing came from it. Odd indeed.

shanethewolf
11-16-2010, 05:20 PM
Almost everything WWE have that effect on me, but the biggest WTF in recent memory is bringing Daniel Bryan back as Cena's mystery partner.

Before her was "fired" he was looking to be the next breakout superstar, he was cutting fantastic shoot style promos, his character was taking form, and he had potential main event feuds lined up with Miz and Cena, and a real great thing going with Michael Cole. Then WWE undid all of that and brushed it under the carpet. It made absolutely no sense for him to come back and feud with Nexus and his character has been so bland ever since.

Decisions like this make me wonder how stupid WWE creative staff/decision makers are.

AGEOFFALL
11-16-2010, 05:22 PM
Agree on Katie Vick.

WWTNA IS ALIVE
11-16-2010, 05:28 PM
Almost everything WWE have that effect on me, but the biggest WTF in recent memory is bringing Daniel Bryan back as Cena's mystery partner.

Before her was "fired" he was looking to be the next breakout superstar, he was cutting fantastic shoot style promos, his character was taking form, and he had potential main event feuds lined up with Miz and Cena, and a real great thing going with Michael Cole. Then WWE undid all of that and brushed it under the carpet. It made absolutely no sense for him to come back and feud with Nexus and his character has been so bland ever since.

Decisions like this make me wonder how stupid WWE creative staff/decision makers are.

He should've never been put with the Nexus in the first place. He is those type of superstars where he is better on his own. Don't know why he got fired though. Just for spiting in Cena's face and choking Justin Roberts with his own tie. REALLY WWE? (Miz voice)

wrestlingfan316
11-16-2010, 05:40 PM
John Cena..enough said

Lowki
11-16-2010, 08:57 PM
Just '03? Try every year he was leading a stable, most notiably Evolution.
I guess but tbh i remember goldberg more in that year than evolution... Until the that memorable incident with the randy orton "thumbs down".

Lowki
11-16-2010, 08:58 PM

Can i just say... A guy with a John Cena sig saying Darren young has potential...??
Darren young is cena with a tan.

Bodom
11-16-2010, 09:00 PM
Can i just say... A guy with a John Cena sig saying Darren young has potential...??
Darren young is cena with a tan.

Always thought he was more a Jersey Shore John Cena

IrkenInvader
11-16-2010, 09:06 PM
Heel Cole, Piggy James, "I'm your Pappi."

Booker T Fan
11-16-2010, 10:30 PM
Sarcasm win!!!

Booker T Fan
11-16-2010, 10:31 PM
Comeback win!!!!

Dyno-Orphin
11-16-2010, 10:40 PM
Giving Sean O'Haire those awesome vignettes, then burying and releasing him. I loved his character. But then they had to go and make him all Cowboy Bob 2.0 by making him Piper's biâ€*ch and making him feud with Rikishi. Yawn.

I agree with the hiring Cena thing. Vanilla Ice needs to go away. Anyone, black or white, who grew up during the "wanna-be" explosion on the late 80's/early 90's isn't going to get behind this guy.

Bald and overly tattooed wrestlers / all the "diva"s being tan, not wearing any makeup and wearing 5 bras at once.

Undertaker returning as "the dead man" at WM20 after his biker stint... only he's not the dead man. He's still a leathery skinned biker in a longer jacket with a bad eyeliner job. What happened to that turn of the century mortician thing?

"Wrestlemania 20... where it all begins again". Where all what begins again? Did I miss something? What was supposed to begin again? Nothing changed.

WWE's belief that "popular = indestructible". Really? Triple Haitch and The Heartbroke Joke can beat up 5 younger guys who are in better shape just because they're been there longer? Yeah, that's "believable". Spirit Squad or not, 5 guys VS 2 old farts is not going to turn out well for WWE's version of the Village People.

Rich Cranium
11-16-2010, 11:07 PM
The Cobra, every time Santino uses it I think WTF?

Bodom
11-16-2010, 11:10 PM
The Cobra, every time Santino uses it I think WTF?

It was a freakin comedy spot and now its an actual finisher.

wtf

SilverLace
11-16-2010, 11:21 PM
I would think WTF to Hacksaw Jim Duggan when he would swing the 2x4 and only connect with the top rope and never anybody.

Hoooo! - Vintage Hacksaw Duggan

El_Phenomenal
11-16-2010, 11:23 PM
This gave me a WTF!!! moment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOhKVCDqrME
(I don't really know how to make full size. So any help would be appreciated, Thanks in advanced)

AngrySamoan
11-16-2010, 11:34 PM
Not giving Perry Saturn a fair push and eventually leading to him being obsessed with a mop named "Moppy."
Naked Mideon.
Vince McMahon taking great joy in having his ass kissed.
Having Big Show constantly getting his ass kicked by cruiser-weights.

BaileyRose
11-17-2010, 12:57 AM
Not giving Perry Saturn a fair push and eventually leading to him being obsessed with a mop named "Moppy."

Perry Saturn: "GET TAH MUFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFINS!"

SilverGhost
11-17-2010, 01:16 AM
Perry Saturn: "GET TAH MUFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFINS!"

http://www.wrestlingepicenter.com/store/images/uploads/saturn.jpg

Rich Cranium
11-17-2010, 01:19 AM
http://www.wrestlingepicenter.com/store/images/uploads/saturn.jpg

Your Welcome!

Bodom
11-17-2010, 01:22 AM
Your Welcome!

Snausages!!!!!!

Kashdinero
11-17-2010, 04:02 AM
Suspending Mysterio and rewarding him on his return.

This had me SMH too! That is until I realised it was due to rey being smart! When he went public with why he was suspended, the Mexican media portrayed HIM (!?!) as the victim. Had The Mighty WWE punished him further upon his return they would have looked even worse than they already appeared. Rey beat them at their own childish game that time.

Bam
11-17-2010, 06:32 AM
WWE an the wastefulness of the numerous talent they acquire from Japan. They had Sho Funaki, Taka Michinoku, Kenzo Suzuki, Ultimo Dragon, Yoshihiro Tajiri, and recently Yoshitatsu an they never are willing enough to push these guys. This is a what the f**k moment INDEEEEEEED. An if they did push these guys it was always in a comedic manner. Guys like Yoshi would walk all over half of WWE's talent Bruce Lee style yet they are made out to be weak an incapable of holding their own against americans. Tch!

RaydenZombie
11-17-2010, 08:16 AM

I always thought that this theme sounded like it was sung by a talented Horse. XD

But the one wtf moment that comes to mind is why the WWE never capatilized on a jackass styled tag team. Like have them being daring, ballsy, not willing to back to bigger guys, and just doing the usual backstage antics. But WWE fails to realize that the whole entire time they got high ratings was when they had a good tag division. So WTF WWE?! Get with the program an quit pulling us around. This is actually where TNA is better in some places. They actually listen to their fans sometimes as long as it doesnt involve them cutting ties with important people.

Kashdinero
11-17-2010, 08:32 AM
This was a horrible and sad wtf moment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGDpTT2PEAo

Bodom
11-17-2010, 09:09 AM
WWE an the wastefulness of the numerous talent they acquire from Japan. They had Sho Funaki, Taka Michinoku, Kenzo Suzuki, Ultimo Dragon, Yoshihiro Tajiri, and recently Yoshitatsu an they never are willing enough to push these guys. This is a what the f**k moment INDEEEEEEED. An if they did push these guys it was always in a comedic manner. Guys like Yoshi would walk all over half of WWE's talent Bruce Lee style yet they are made out to be weak an incapable of holding their own against americans. Tch!

Very sad indeed (no pun intended) that no Japanese wrestlers have ever made it past low/midcard.

AngrySamoan
11-17-2010, 09:44 AM

Don't forget Hakushi, that guy was talented as well.

TheDevilsAdvocate
11-17-2010, 10:23 AM
Hasn't Darren young only been in one match since? A battle royal a few weeks back? (Don't ask when, Every week on raw seems to blend into one these days...)
I had no idea that he had even performed since that one-off appearance of his during Wade Barret an Randy Ortons match.

He does! He just needs to shave his head.

Also, I agree with you about Kaval. The guy won NXT for goodness sake. He should at least be winning left an right for crying out loud.

My next 'wtf' moment,

When they gave Ted Dibiase, JR. that gay ass (no offense to gay people) theme song that seems to be better off being slapped on a diva like, for starters, Aksana.

SilverGhost
11-17-2010, 10:50 AM
I had no idea that he had even performed since that one-off appearance of his during Wade Barret an Randy Ortons match.

He does! He just needs to shave his head.

Also, I agree with you about Kaval. The guy won NXT for goodness sake. He should at least be winning left an right for crying out loud.

My next 'wtf' moment,

When they gave Ted Dibiase, JR. that gay ass (no offense to gay people) theme song that seems to be better off being slapped on a diva like, for starters, Aksana.

I hate Ted's theme! Like damn man, get a better theme or back to "Its a new day."

SilverGhost
11-17-2010, 10:51 AM

As a kid, I wanted to see Tajiri in the main event. No lie xD

Bodom
11-17-2010, 10:57 AM
I hate Ted's theme! Like damn man, get a better theme or back to "Its a new day."

I cry everytime Ted comes out. That song is so damn horrible

SilverLace
11-17-2010, 11:02 AM
Guys like Yoshi would walk all over half of WWE's talent Bruce Lee style yet they are made out to be weak an incapable of holding their own against americans. Tch!

Bruce Lee was Chinese!

Who want to see the 619? - Vintage Rey Mysterio

Bam
11-17-2010, 11:35 AM
Bruce Lee was Chinese!

Who want to see the 619? - Vintage Rey Mysterio

That was a random fact.

I know hes chinese. I was using his talent as an example. u mad?!

IrkenInvader
11-17-2010, 12:10 PM
This was a horrible and sad wtf moment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGDpTT2PEAo

How many people in that match are still with WWE? Chavo, Hornswoggle and Jimmy Wang Yang* (I think)

BaileyRose
11-17-2010, 12:12 PM
How many people in that match are still with WWE? Chavo, Hornswoggle and Jimmy Wang Yang* (I think)

Jimmy got the boot.

Lowki
11-17-2010, 10:41 PM
"I come from money..." *suddenly my interest joins my brains on the wall behind me*

I also hate R-Truths new theme... Another thing that makes me scratch my head... Why did the WWE decide to make eve dance...??

SilverLace
11-17-2010, 10:53 PM
Why did the WWE decide to make eve dance...??

Because she's sexy?

old school is cool
11-17-2010, 11:21 PM
Because she's sexy?

maybe she is r-truth's video vixen i guess.

NightWolf
07-27-2011, 05:59 AM
Yay for thread bumping.