PDA

View Full Version : Sheamus and Randy Orton

BadAndy
08-03-2012, 11:14 PM
I know there was a poll here recently asking what we thought about Sheamus. I feel like I need to say a little something more about this fella. He really put on a great match on Smackdown tonight against Tensai. He was nowhere near the Super-Sheamus he's been recently. You can always tell when he's really put his all into a match because he is sweating buckets by the end of it. I loved Sheamus originally title reign but pretty much wrote him off once he turned face and took bumps until the last 10 seconds to win the match.

Orton on the other hand really disappointed me. He made Del Rio seem weak which is a huge error on WWE's part if they are trying to push the more vicious Del Rio. I'm not sure if I've just never really paid attention before but Orton further disappointed me by going through a very formulaic move set. It was almost a carbon copy of many other matches I've seen. While I've never been a huge Orton fan I always thought he was pretty talented in the ring.

Could it be that I've been wrong about these two? This might get moved to the Smackdown forum and that's fine. I'm more interested in knowing what you thought about that match or really more what you think about them besides the usually "They suck" or "They rock" comments. Does Sheamus have the ability to become a more well rounded wrestler (I'm not looking at the mic skills)? Is Orton doomed to be a "Step One. Step Two. Step Three." wrestler?

Brendan
08-03-2012, 11:32 PM
It really is amazing the difference a year can make because this time last year many people thought Randy Orton was one of the top if not THE top in-ring worker in WWE and I tended to agree. To be honest I don't think very much has changed other than Orton has missed some PPVs because of injuries and suspension, which has left people only with TV matches which he rarely does much in.

Mr Punk
08-03-2012, 11:36 PM
I absolutely loved the Sheamus & Tensai match. I like when two big guys like these get in a match and exchange stiff shots. Sheamus and Tensai together have put on great matches the two times they were vs each other. I don't understand why people have so much hate towards the bigger guys like Tensai, Big Show and Mark Henry because they cannot do as much as smaller sized guys. As for the main event I stopped watching SD when they where about to go at it. I was not expecting a lot anyway for the final match. Sorry if my post is kind of off topic.

akbar
08-03-2012, 11:45 PM
That Sheamus vs Tensai match was really good. Both guys work really well with one another. I wouldn't mind a program between the two for the World Heavyweight title. It would be really good to see.
Dubs changes his Avatar every second. Lol

BadAndy
08-04-2012, 12:06 AM
I noticed that too akbar. Mr Punk, you didn't miss anything with the last match. Like I said, I felt that it hurt the image they are trying to give Del Rio more than helped him or Orton. I'm also very glad to hear that others out there besides me saw the match between Tensai and Sheamus as a positive. I wish WWE would see that. I think that Sheamus could really give as much as he took against Del Rio or others in a match. I can't recall what they are but I can think of 2 other times within the last few months that I've seen Sheamus really put on a great match. The best part of the match was when Sheamus had Tensai on his shoulders and Tensai started shaking his head furiously. It looked like he was actually afraid of what Sheamus was going to do. Well sold on Bloom's part.

Zig Zag - 123
08-04-2012, 12:09 AM
What I've been thinking about randy for the past year is that he has been getting repetitive unless he's in a ppv like when he fought Kane a few months back at extreme rules, but besides that he has done the same thing all the time but people really like randy at the live events. But sheamus on the other hand has been impressing me he puts it all in the ring every show . But it's nothing like Dolph Ziggler ( next WHC ).

akbar
08-04-2012, 12:17 AM
I promise, this will be the last time I change my avatar. For now....
Holy shit, BB fan? You've gone up in my books Dubs.

(ps. I have no idea why my font is red)

goodomens
08-04-2012, 12:40 AM
orton last year was amazing in the ring. great matches against punk, ZIGGLER and christian. now he just looks uninspired.

sheamus on the other hand used to be boring as face, look at him now, AWESOME matches with daniel bryan, jericho and even tensai. i applaud his efforts.

christianfan
08-04-2012, 04:57 AM
sheamus and orton both suck and they are boring on the mic and in the ring. sheamus can have great matches against ziggler, jericho or best wrestler in the world daniel bryan. orton always suck.

Los Conquistador
08-04-2012, 08:45 AM
orton last year was amazing in the ring. great matches against punk, ZIGGLER and christian. now he just looks uninspired.

sheamus on the other hand used to be boring as face, look at him now, AWESOME matches with daniel bryan, jericho and even tensai. i applaud his efforts.

and Ziggler
Don't forget his matches against Dolph

BadAndy
08-04-2012, 09:06 AM
sheamus and orton both suck and they are boring on the mic and in the ring. sheamus can have great matches against ziggler, jericho or best wrestler in the world daniel bryan. orton always suck.

And these are the uninspired, childish comments I said I didn't want to hear. I also said this had nothing to do with their mic skills. How about you read instead of hate.

bartish2
08-04-2012, 09:21 AM
both of them are doomed to have a last minute 5 move set comeback. most of all the main eventers have it. orton is boring, sheamus is now boring, del rio is boring. their feud is: im going to fight you at summerslam ok? ok. at least put effort into scripts.

LostOmega
08-04-2012, 09:22 AM
Honestly, as much as I hate Sheamus's current face status, he does put on some good matches. I missed his match against Tensai last night so now I'll have to go look it up later. Orton though... He used to be amazing to me in all aspects. Nowadays, it just looks like he's foing through the motions. Every seems to be a carbon copy of the last one and it's almost become something of a chore to watch him. If somethin doesn't change, his time may be near.

Sydnister
08-04-2012, 09:29 AM
I have never been that impressed with Randy Orton to be honest. His character has a lot of potential and he plays it well but to me it almost always seems like he is coasting on some levels. He just never seems to be trying that hard to push himself or his character. He has been doing the (insert number here) moves of doom for a long time. There is very little variety in his matches.

With Sheamus I have always thought he had a ton of potential and at times he has impressed me. There are times when he has been tough to watch because of the super Sheamus routine but then he has a match with Ziggler or Bryan that borders on awesome. Some big guys like Sheamus can't make a match work no matter how good the other guy in the ring is. When Sheamus is in the ring with Ziggler etc... he is able to bring his game up to a level that makes for a damn good match.

Just my opinion. I like Orton but don't see much out of him sometimes. Sheamus keeps in interesting for me most of the time.

BadAndy
08-04-2012, 09:36 AM
both of them are doomed to have a last minute 5 move set comeback. most of all the main eventers have it. orton is boring, sheamus is now boring, del rio is boring. their feud is: im going to fight you at summerslam ok? ok. at least put effort into scripts.

This tells me you don't watch much or you have blinders on. Sheamus match last night was anything but a last minute fight. He has done that on many occasions although he tens to have the last minute comeback way too often. Saying Del Rio is boring, well now you just have me confused.

akbar
08-04-2012, 10:19 AM
Can I ask a question...who do you like? Who isn't boring to you?

Cos it just seems like you're a depressed person who hates everyone in the Wrestling world...

Dennis
08-04-2012, 11:17 AM
I think you are wrong about orton being boring. he is fun to watch and while his moves seem to be semi-predictable they are not to the level of predictability of john cena. He is one of the best superstars and making his attacks seem semi fluid and not forced IMO. as far as sheamus being super cena-esk I want to point out that is wwe's creative idea, they tend to like to make their faces superheros which is cool for the kids but bore us... though his match against tensia didn't have the normal story arc of his recent matches.

BadAndy
08-04-2012, 11:28 AM
I think you are wrong about orton being boring. he is fun to watch and while his moves seem to be semi-predictable they are not to the level of predictability of john cena. He is one of the best superstars and making his attacks seem semi fluid and not forced IMO. as far as sheamus being super cena-esk I want to point out that is wwe's creative idea, they tend to like to make their faces superheros which is cool for the kids but bore us... though his match against tensia didn't have the normal story arc of his recent matches.

I know that's the WWE' idea for Sheamus. That was one of the things I touched on. I hope they see that this guy actually does have more in his repertoire and can sustain a match with as much give as he takes. If not his matches are going to be super bland because they will have fully developed him into a Cena style wrestler.
As for Orton, he's got the great powerslam. But I have to agree with so many that he saves his all for the PPVs. He might be fluid but with Orton it's mostly upper cut, power slam, ddt from the ropes, then the RKO. He might be fluid but he's formulaic. And it appears he's getting even worse about it. I think one of the reasons is that it helps the fans (young fans mind you) realize what is going on and it pumps the crowd up to get a bigger reaction. It's a bit of cheating IMO and I feel Orton has more talent than that.

Dennis
08-04-2012, 11:33 AM
I know that's the WWE' idea for Sheamus. That was one of the things I touched on. I hope they see that this guy actually does have more in his repertoire and can sustain a match with as much give as he takes. If not his matches are going to be super bland because they will have fully developed him into a Cena style wrestler.
As for Orton, he's got the great powerslam. But I have to agree with so many that he saves his all for the PPVs. He might be fluid but with Orton it's mostly upper cut, power slam, ddt from the ropes, then the RKO. He might be fluid but he's formulaic. And it appears he's getting even worse about it. I think one of the reasons is that it helps the fans (young fans mind you) realize what is going on and it pumps the crowd up to get a bigger reaction. It's a bit of cheating IMO and I feel Orton has more talent than that.
IMO orton isn't as unique in his matches on raw and smackdown. they gave him 10 minutes to work with and I personally believe him and adr did exactly what they had to do in the allotted time. I still believe that was a great match for the amount of time they gave it and gave the wwe a chance to have a second triple threat match for summerslam.

K2Jelly
08-04-2012, 11:35 AM
*Troll Blocker Deluxe*

You guys have seriously got to try this stuff! :D

Anyways, I've always appreciated Sheamus' in-ring abilities and his match with Tensai failed to disappoint. He has great chemistry with Tensai and as Dubs pointed out, I really wouldn't mind him feuding with Sheamus for the World Heavyweight Championship.

Randy Orton has always been rather "meh" to me unless he's competing at PPV's. Like Cena, he really doesn't give his all in televised matches so I didn't find anything particularly bad about his match with Del Rio.

bartish2
08-04-2012, 12:29 PM
This tells me you don't watch much or you have blinders on. Sheamus match last night was anything but a last minute fight. He has done that on many occasions although he tens to have the last minute comeback way too often. Saying Del Rio is boring, well now you just have me confused.

oh a random 1 brogue kick after getting beat up. so much better than a 5 move comeback. and del rio is boring, dunno what planet you are living on. he barely even gets a crowd reaction & his promos suck, his matches suck and his gimmick sucks. if you like him you must love stale crackers too.

Can I ask a question...who do you like? Who isn't boring to you?

everyone interesting is either retired, on the verge or retiring or getting terrible scripts. its hard to find someone not boring these days.

akbar
08-04-2012, 12:39 PM
everyone interesting is either retired, on the verge or retiring or getting terrible scripts. its hard to find someone not boring these days.
And I'm saying this in a nice way, how comes you've stuck around?

Wade Barrett 1979
08-04-2012, 12:43 PM
And I'm saying this in a nice way, how comes you've stuck around?

Obvious troll is obvious.

Dennis
08-04-2012, 12:47 PM
Obvious troll is obvious.
I agree. if everyone is so awful to them there would be no reason to watch the current product. thus they either watch it and are trolling, or they don't watch it and don't know the current product and are trolling.

akbar
08-04-2012, 12:49 PM
Let's be nice fellas.

Wade Barrett 1979
08-04-2012, 01:06 PM
Let's be nice fellas.

Why be nice to obvious bores?

BadAndy
08-04-2012, 07:12 PM
I'm done responding to this cat. I specifically said I wanting discussing of things not just saying somebody sucks. He obviously didn't watch Smackdown because Sheamus's match was anything but a brogue kick after getting beat up. It was a lot of give and take on both sides.

I will say I find it sad you don't get joy out of anything WWE these days. They have a huge talent pool that's overflowing with great stars in the making. If they can get the creative team rolling then I think this could be one of the greatest times in the WWE.

imswm
08-05-2012, 04:39 PM
Felt the EXACT same thing of him dominating over ADR. Um, isn't Alberto competing for a world championship at a little event known as SummerSlam or did I just have a marijuana flashback and dream the whole match up? Still...you can't put that all on Orton. It may very well be exactly how the match was booked, not Randy's call.

Marx
08-05-2012, 05:20 PM
Let's not forget how many good matches Randy Orton had the last few years. The Legacy vs. HHH/McMahon run was the cornerstone for Raw for months, his matches with Cena, Sheamus, Christian, Punk and Dolph were very good, the matches with Mark Henry way better than I'd expected. I agree with all that say he's just going through the motions, only shifting to a higher gear on ppv.

But I understand why. He doesn't really have anything to do at the moment. He's not needed in the title race, they deem him too legendary to feud with lower tier wrestlers (I agree to an extent), but with the HHH/Lesnar, Cena/Punk/Rock things going on there's no use in pitting Randy versus a legend. So he's stuck in the middle, which could explain the lack of effort.

I'd like to see Randy go against The Rock. I believe there's some legit heat, Orton said some things about Rock not able to hold a candle to Cena, etcetera. Both guys are athletic, and Orton could pull of a strong heel versus Rock as a talkative face, were Cena vs Rock fell in the face/face middle ground. I really believe this could be career defining epic.

Cabers
08-06-2012, 11:13 AM
All the main eventers use a defined move set on TV and throw in some new things at PPVs.