PDA

View Full Version : Owen

Vinnie P Jr
08-03-2012, 07:06 PM
If Owen didn't die in tragedy do you truly believe Owen would have became WWE champion ?

Bodom
08-03-2012, 07:09 PM
Do you have no opinion on the topic?

Robstar
08-03-2012, 07:10 PM
Christ on a bike.....

Vinnie P Jr
08-03-2012, 07:16 PM
I have mixed feelings , one part of me would have liked to see him become the greatest IC champion however I have questions if he could carry the company . On the other hand Owen's matches would have been amazing and he could of propelled some stars earlier to superstardom .

It's why I asked don't know right now .

Bodom
08-03-2012, 07:21 PM
That's OK. And all that could have gone into your opening post.

So for future reference, please throw your insight (just like you did in your 2nd post) into your topic in the opening post.

Because if your're just going to create a one sentence thread and not put in any effort, why should any of us?

Darkside Ron Garvin
08-03-2012, 07:35 PM
In before close? Or will this be locked?

Bodom
08-03-2012, 07:36 PM
No sir this will not be closed.

Robstar
08-03-2012, 07:41 PM
I have a feeling Owens career path would have been similar to Jericho's - some major title runs and ultimately used to enhance other talent. One thing you could always say for Owen was he was willing to put people over.

But I definitely could have seen him in TNA too.

tweedidldum
08-03-2012, 07:42 PM
Without a shadow of a doubt he would have been a wwe champion. He had Charisma, he was not only a technical wrestler but also a high flyer, very easy going person from what a lot of wwe superstars that knew him and worked with him.

Owen was a very gifted athlete and i loved his heel roles. Owen in my opinion had a slight edge over Bret in that he was the complete package and then some. Bret lacked charisma but made up for it with his wrestling ability.

I would like to see WWE put out a tribute dvd for Owen. Owen deserves a lot of respect and even when Bret called it quits he still stuck around considering all the drama surrounding Bret and McMahon at the time.

Darkside Ron Garvin
08-03-2012, 08:15 PM
I have a feeling Owens career path would have been similar to Jericho's - some major title runs and ultimately used to enhance other talent. One thing you could always say for Owen was he was willing to put people over.

But I definitely could have seen him in TNA too.

Especially with his ties to Jeff, I could see this as having been fact.

Owen was someone I can agree would have had a "Jericho" route if his life had continued. I don't feel that he would have been the face of the WWE like Bret was for a time, but I know that his workrate would have had him in some high profile feuds and matches. Imagine Jericho vs. Hart for the IC title. Or when Beniot held the belt, having him going against Owen @ WM, SS, The Series, or Rumble. Regal and Owen battling for the GM spot on one of the brands would have been epic.

Owen wasn't selfish and definately would have helped to put talent over, but I think his best attribute was his personality. If Owen ran a wrestling school for the Hart family, we definately would see a much greater crop of up and comers coming into the E with a mindset that would have them ready to go from day 1 on TV. I could easily have seen him having a career that remained strong before eventually retiring into a position of helping the developemental guys truly enhance their characters and inring ability. Owen was a guy who loved all aspects of the business and I really think that would have been something the guy would have taken a lot of joy in. Imagine Malenko and Owen being the trainers for the deveopemental system.

thedag
08-03-2012, 08:16 PM
He would have been a jobber comedy act and would have left WWE when he had a chance..

Vinnie P Jr
08-03-2012, 08:58 PM
Especially with his ties to Jeff, I could see this as having been fact.

Owen was someone I can agree would have had a "Jericho" route if his life had continued. I don't feel that he would have been the face of the WWE like Bret was for a time, but I know that his workrate would have had him in some high profile feuds and matches. Imagine Jericho vs. Hart for the IC title. Or when Beniot held the belt, having him going against Owen @ WM, SS, The Series, or Rumble. Regal and Owen battling for the GM spot on one of the brands would have been epic.

Owen wasn't selfish and definately would have helped to put talent over, but I think his best attribute was his personality. If Owen ran a wrestling school for the Hart family, we definately would see a much greater crop of up and comers coming into the E with a mindset that would have them ready to go from day 1 on TV. I could easily have seen him having a career that remained strong before eventually retiring into a position of helping the developemental guys truly enhance their characters and inring ability. Owen was a guy who loved all aspects of the business and I really think that would have been something the guy would have taken a lot of joy in. Imagine Malenko and Owen being the trainers for the deveopemental system.

Thanks because I think I now have a few more dream matches I would love to see :)

Playboy Stevie V
08-03-2012, 09:45 PM
No. Owen would have been a tag team champion and midcarder for life, via Chavo. But if he went to TNA he would have been champ, via Christian.

Darkside Ron Garvin
08-03-2012, 10:02 PM
No. Owen would have been a tag team champion and midcarder for life, via Chavo. But if he went to TNA he would have been champ, via Christian.

Not too sure of that. Chavo got left in the wake of Eddie dying. Owen didn't have such a traumatic event take place. Yes, Bret left, but Owen was still a hard enough worker that Vinny kept him around. It's hard to say tho because much like Chavo vs. Hornswoggle, Owen did re-ignite the Blue Blazer, so who's to say that Vinney wouldn't have buried him and kept him in Mid-Card limbo for life. But you are right tho, with the ties he had to Jarrett, I could easily have seen him walking into TNA and become WHC. This would have been an excellent addition for TNA because much like the Dudleyz with their school, Owen's students could have walked into TNA very easily to help provide fresh, young talent better than the likes of Silva (God I hope his Visa never comes thru and we all just forget that he was the first GutCheck winner)

RatedRorayJames
08-03-2012, 10:41 PM
If Owen didn't die in tragedy do you truly believe Owen would have became WWE champion ?

I'm Sorry, but Owen who?

RatedRorayJames
08-03-2012, 10:43 PM
Not too sure of that. Chavo got left in the wake of Eddie dying. Owen didn't have such a traumatic event take place. Yes, Bret left, but Owen was still a hard enough worker that Vinny kept him around. It's hard to say tho because much like Chavo vs. Hornswoggle, Owen did re-ignite the Blue Blazer, so who's to say that Vinney wouldn't have buried him and kept him in Mid-Card limbo for life. But you are right tho, with the ties he had to Jarrett, I could easily have seen him walking into TNA and become WHC. This would have been an excellent addition for TNA because much like the Dudleyz with their school, Owen's students could have walked into TNA very easily to help provide fresh, young talent better than the likes of Silva (God I hope his Visa never comes thru and we all just forget that he was the first GutCheck winner)

Woah, There was a gutcheck winner?!?! :P

Robstar
08-03-2012, 10:51 PM
I'm Sorry, but Owen who?

I suppose I should be surprised but I'm not really. Owen Hart. The most complete wrestler ever to come out of the Hart family and a true legend. Do yourself a favour and look him up.

thedag
08-03-2012, 10:54 PM
I'm Sorry, but Owen who?

shake my fucking head.

Darkside Ron Garvin
08-03-2012, 10:56 PM
I'm Sorry, but Owen who?

Sadly, I know understand what my grandfather was saying when I asked him "Who's Buddy Rodgers?"

RatedRorayJames
08-03-2012, 11:00 PM
shake my fucking head.

Calm down guys, LOL,

I'm just joking.. I just was saying because the guy said just "owen"

Robstar
08-03-2012, 11:09 PM
Though it brings up an interesting point - we're fast reaching the day where it will be understandable if people start saying "Who??" about Owen, Bruiser Brody, Eddie Gilbert, Chris Kanyon or the Von Erichs. Not everyone is going to do as much homework on wrestling history and as much as we might think that's a shame, it's also ok too. If someone asks, I have no problem telling them.

One of the worst traits a person can display is to deride someone who doesn't know things you know. Share the knowledge if you have it! :D

Darkside Ron Garvin
08-03-2012, 11:26 PM
One of the worst traits a person can display is to deride someone who doesn't know things you know. Share the knowledge if you have it! :D

It's official... Robstar has now joined the Be A Star campaign.

akbar
08-03-2012, 11:27 PM
That's why I rate Robstar...

Robstar
08-03-2012, 11:32 PM
It's official... Robstar has now joined the Be A Star campaign.

Get fucked! lol ;)

Be a Rob-STAR!

Rick BoA
08-04-2012, 12:01 AM
I cannot see it happening. Owen was getting the similar treatment Matt Hardy received after Jeff left. He would have been jobbed out as punishment of bret hart leaving the way he did.

Sahu
08-04-2012, 01:19 AM
Owen If was alive...might have shifted to WCW or something else..as at that time he's into nothing and VKM will ill-treat him life long for BRET....

n Owen might have ended his career as a multitime World Champion in TNA....

Darkside Ron Garvin
08-04-2012, 05:03 AM
Just because I'm on a Pic kick at the moment...

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/302/334/OwenHart005_display_image.jpg?1279310544

kashani1984
08-04-2012, 11:45 AM
Owen Hart would have kicked the wwe champs leg, out of there leg, pmsl. Great Owen quote. Owen Hart was set to become "The Game" Owen Hart and be pushed as a main eventer, wether this happend or not is a different story, no1 will ever knw the answer to. But When Owen came back after Montreal screwjob, he was so over, and his "Black Hart/Sole Survivor" gimmik was badass and he was on the right track, but apparently HBK refused to work with him and put him over, which is why Owen ended up back in the mid card fueding with HHH over European title, instead of HBK ond WWF title.
Personally I agree that Owen would have ultimatley ended his career in TNA, most part being in the tag scene, but probably a TNA world title fued with Jarrett would have been on the cards.
Owen would have had at least 1 WWE championship reign and probably 6 IC reigns and 5 or 6 US title reigns.

Owen was the King Of Harts, and will always be rememberd as a legend wether in the HOF or not.

Vinnie P Jr
08-04-2012, 06:33 PM
Owen Hart would have kicked the wwe champs leg, out of there leg, pmsl. Great Owen quote. Owen Hart was set to become "The Game" Owen Hart and be pushed as a main eventer, wether this happend or not is a different story, no1 will ever knw the answer to. But When Owen came back after Montreal screwjob, he was so over, and his "Black Hart/Sole Survivor" gimmik was badass and he was on the right track, but apparently HBK refused to work with him and put him over, which is why Owen ended up back in the mid card fueding with HHH over European title, instead of HBK ond WWF title.
Personally I agree that Owen would have ultimatley ended his career in TNA, most part being in the tag scene, but probably a TNA world title fued with Jarrett would have been on the cards.
Owen would have had at least 1 WWE championship reign and probably 6 IC reigns and 5 or 6 US title reigns.

Owen was the King Of Harts, and will always be rememberd as a legend wether in the HOF or not.

Awesome and I agree a fued with Jarrett would have been amazing

Reloval
08-05-2012, 12:18 AM
He was in the permanent dog house for breaking stone colds neck. He wasnt going much further then he was.

Cabers
08-06-2012, 11:08 AM
Interesting thought i believe he may have been WWF Champion a couple of times and then maybe a Jericho like return every now and then.