PDA

View Full Version : Earl Hebner and Montreal

vikingsman18
08-03-2012, 11:00 AM
Ok guys I have a question for all of you. Do any of you guys think Earl hebner and possibly TNA in general like to mention or refernce the Montreal Screwjob too much? Last night on TNA, Madison Rayne made a comment that Earl would "never screw another wrestler", which I can't help but feel was a reference to Montreal. I think it may be more Earl than TNA though because at alot of TNA House Shows that i've been too, they mention Monreal everytime he comes out and if the crowd chants "you screwed Bret", Earl has a t-shirt that says "Damn Right I Did". I honestly don't think its a big deal, but sometimes it just feels like Earl tries to milk all he can out of the Montreal Screwjob. This is just my opinion what is your guys?

P.S.: I posted this in TNA Forum because it deals with Earl and thats where he currently is. If an administrator feels it should be somewhere else, feel free to movie it.

AlexWorldOrder
08-03-2012, 11:43 AM
I don't see anything wrong with it.. I usually get a good laugh out of it. They don't mention it on tv often either. Last time they did, it was Taz who made a reference; they haven't said anything else since. As far as house show's go, I've never been to one, but I hear that they're house shows are all about fan appreciation and interaction, so I suppose that goes with it.

Bodom
08-03-2012, 11:46 AM
It's just Hebner trying to milk all he can.

RatedRorayJames
08-03-2012, 12:09 PM
Bret...screwed...bret!

thejman93
08-03-2012, 12:27 PM
I forgot ol' Earl was the referee for The Screwjob. Reeks of TNA to me.

Mr. Ziggles
08-03-2012, 02:00 PM
I remember when WWE were doing Vince VS Brett, @Mania, they ran an angle with Earl screwing Angle, during the Styles heel turn, then when they interviewed him later he said;

'Vince didn't screw Brett, and Brett didn't screw Brett, I SCREWED BRETT!!!', which obviously was a dig.

HeelTurn
08-03-2012, 02:05 PM
Brets moved on, Shawns moved on, Vinces moved on, the only person who hasn't is Hebner. He still milks it at live events, but from what I've seen, nobody cares.

hiphopjunkie
08-03-2012, 02:28 PM
Brets moved on, Shawns moved on, Vinces moved on, the only person who hasn't is Hebner. He still milks it at live events, but from what I've seen, nobody cares.

I hope Hebner milks it until the cow is nothing but dust. He's a referee, people. It's not like he's going to win any titles. If something happens where a ref gets a small spotlight, i think they should exploit it for all it's worth. Hebner has and probably always will be my favorite ref.

Los Conquistador
08-03-2012, 03:20 PM
I hope Hebner milks it until the cow is nothing but dust. He's a referee, people. It's not like he's going to win any titles. If something happens where a ref gets a small spotlight, i think they should exploit it for all it's worth. Hebner has and probably always will be my favorite ref.i.e mike chioda tagging with The Rock, scott armstrong vs CM Punk and charles robinson receiving one of his many tombstones from The Undertaker

hiphopjunkie
08-03-2012, 06:03 PM
i.e mike chioda tagging with The Rock, scott armstrong vs CM Punk and charles robinson receiving one of his many tombstones from The Undertaker

Again for Charles Robinson for "Little Naitch" lol

Vinnie P Jr
08-03-2012, 06:56 PM
Earl doesnt do it because hes proud of it or hes trying to milk it but it is something people will always remember him 4 and TNA knows this and uses it to promote the man .

Darkside Ron Garvin
08-03-2012, 08:07 PM
i.e mike chioda tagging with The Rock, scott armstrong vs CM Punk and charles robinson receiving one of his many tombstones from The Undertaker

And we all remember that Nick Patrick was part of the nWo right. His battle with Randy Anderson was... well, I'll just leave it at that.

My favorite two refs are Hebner and Patrick. Both always had "characters" to their ref status.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hy6FDmMXZtE

They came to battle at Invasion 2001 in what I concider a HILARIOUS little battle for those who appreciate that these men were important to their respected companies.

Cabers
08-06-2012, 02:19 PM
Milkin it to the last!!

Automatic
08-12-2012, 03:19 PM
You should go to a TNA house show and see for yourself that Earl still makes a living out of that night. It's quite impressive to be honest. You'd think people would stop caring about it after 15 years.

But wrestling in general references too much to the screwjob. It's not just TNA.