PDA

View Full Version : Its Time! Its Time! Its Ambrose Time!

WoodenBulldozer
08-02-2012, 09:56 PM
GET THIS GUY ON TV ALREADY. I havent watched a ton of his matches in fcw or the few matches he's had in WWE, but this guy's promo work is absolute gold. In 2-3 years, I can see this guy holding a main event title. The only notch against him is his size and build, but with CM Punk breaking that classic bodybuilder mold as of late, I dont see it as that big of an issue. Thoughts?

Dennis
08-02-2012, 10:30 PM
he is over 6'2" and over 220 pounds.. IMO his size isn't the issue. I haven't seen much of him but I don't have any problem with the wwe giving a new guy a chance.. especially when he is this loved by the IWC

gravesismizfan
08-02-2012, 10:33 PM
Dean ambrose Is the best he is the best on the Mic I may get heat for this but he maybe the best in the world just to be he is in the pg era if he was in attitude era my god this kid would be a Hof up there with the likes of scsa hhh hbk this guy is epic he was dropping pipebombs before punk was I wish they would feud him with regel do exactly what they did in fcw the wwe the wrestling universe deserves to see it this guy is Brian pillman x100 and can wrestle and yea u should beleive the hype

BadAndy
08-02-2012, 10:49 PM
Dean ambrose Is the best he is the best on the Mic I may get heat for this but he maybe the best in the world just to be he is in the pg era if he was in attitude era my god this kid would be a Hof up there with the likes of scsa hhh hbk this guy is epic he was dropping pipebombs before punk was I wish they would feud him with regel do exactly what they did in fcw the wwe the wrestling universe deserves to see it this guy is Brian pillman x100 and can wrestle and yea u should beleive the hype

I've watched a few promos from the independent circuit that people have posted on here. I can't say I was particularly impressed with them (in particular one that involved a fork that somebody posted as one of his best promos). I have watched a handful of his matches from FCW and did really enjoy his matches. I'll have to look and see if I can find some of his promos from FCW. Even though I wasn't impressed with it then doesn't mean I won't be impressed with him when they finally call him up. I believe Ambrose is one of those talents I mentioned earlier today as being very capable of becoming a big WWE star.

gravesismizfan
08-02-2012, 10:56 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMjYU87aI5o&feature=youtube_gdata_player
This promo:)

thedag
08-02-2012, 11:12 PM
I want him on tv so we don't have to have this thread every week.

akbar
08-02-2012, 11:19 PM
I want him on TV so we don't have another of this thread so we don't have thedag posting ^^ that again :o

Dennis
08-02-2012, 11:24 PM
I disagree.. I think punk is much better on the mic. the promo that you posted was average. I can think of several superstars who do better promos that that.

goodomens
08-02-2012, 11:32 PM
i myself am getting frustrated as to when they will use this guy. i hope they build him as a dangerous badass heel and not some weakling heel who cheats on every match. it's time for something fresh!

gravesismizfan
08-02-2012, 11:34 PM
I like punk but ambrose is amazing and ya that prob wasnt the best promo of his but I'm telling u he is the best and I'm willing to bet his debut will be with cm punk in nwo I just have a feeling ambrose has been pulling these pipebombs longer then punk

gravesismizfan
08-02-2012, 11:36 PM
i myself am getting frustrated as to when they will use this guy. i hope they build him as a dangerous badass heel and not some weakling heel who cheats on every match. it's time for something fresh!
Hhh is high on him word is he will be straight into main event like nexus main event without being in title hunt I think he be in nwo

Cabers
08-02-2012, 11:38 PM
His matches against Regal were just inspirational he is very good at what he does (sorry Ziggles).

Dennis
08-02-2012, 11:40 PM
I like punk but ambrose is amazing and ya that prob wasnt the best promo of his but I'm telling u he is the best and I'm willing to bet his debut will be with cm punk in nwo I just have a feeling ambrose has been pulling these pipebombs longer then punk
cm punk has been wrestling since 2000. dean ambrose started wrestling in 2004. cm punk started wrestling for roh in 2002 and I have seen a ton of punk promos from roh so IMO I would think punk has been dropping pipe bombs for a longer period of time. punks pipe bomb last summer was arguably the best promo of the pg era whereas dean puts on ok to good promos. IMO punk is better at promos and punk has done it for longer.

gravesismizfan
08-02-2012, 11:43 PM
Ya but punk wasn't doin so called pipebomubs against society shit for whole carrer unlike ambrose oh and I agree with regal comment nice one :)

Darkside Ron Garvin
08-02-2012, 11:47 PM
I want him on TV so we don't have another of this thread so we don't have thedag posting ^^ that again :o

I second this notion and move for the court to set in motion this plan. All those in favor?

gravesismizfan
08-02-2012, 11:49 PM
Be in mind I'm A punk fan since his roh days against joe

Darkside Ron Garvin
08-02-2012, 11:52 PM
As for Jon Moxley's promo skills, I give you the following

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvUG-_YjNLI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvUsE9av_48

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSUkiIP4MuM

Granted, I am not sure if you have seen these yet, but JON MOXLEY cut some excellent promos while still "learning" his trade. Since equipping the E Universe style, Dean Ambrose has become better and better, but these are examples of what potential the kid has when given a little bit of creative freedom with his character.

gravesismizfan
08-02-2012, 11:54 PM
I'll be honest I haven't known bout ambrose only about debut in fcw I went back and watched czw and dragongate and I'm sold just like I'm now sold on sandow

BadAndy
08-02-2012, 11:57 PM

Actually, I really enjoyed that promo. Thanks for posting the link.

gravesismizfan
08-03-2012, 12:01 AM
Look up broken heart promo another thing I like bout ambrose he's someone u could see on the
streets everyday guy talking look

Darkside Ron Garvin
08-03-2012, 12:03 AM
Look up broken heart promo another thing I like bout ambrose he's someone u could see on the streets everyday guy talking look

You mean this one?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SuwxOc-xkac

BadAndy
08-03-2012, 12:08 AM
As for Jon Moxley's promo skills, I give you the following

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvUG-_YjNLI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvUsE9av_48

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSUkiIP4MuM

Granted, I am not sure if you have seen these yet, but JON MOXLEY cut some excellent promos while still "learning" his trade. Since equipping the E Universe style, Dean Ambrose has become better and better, but these are examples of what potential the kid has when given a little bit of creative freedom with his character.

Thanks for the posts Darkside! I found the first 2 to be a little meh when he started off but they became very strong promos by the end. His little 20 secondish promo was brilliant. Oh, and, Moxley vs Aries???? I'm on my way to youtube to find this fight right now!

Darkside Ron Garvin
08-03-2012, 12:11 AM
Thanks for the posts Darkside! I found the first 2 to be a little meh when he started off but they became very strong promos by the end. His little 20 secondish promo was brilliant. Oh, and, Moxley vs Aries???? I'm on my way to youtube to find this fight right now!

Look up "Evolve 7" and you should find it.

gravesismizfan
08-03-2012, 12:11 AM
The one I'm thinking of was him talking about how regal broke his heart...I like it because he's a little bit more in depth where u can connect with him

Darkside Ron Garvin
08-03-2012, 12:15 AM
The one I'm thinking of was him talking about how regal broke his heart...I like it because he's a little bit more in depth where u can connect with him

Check this out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4FkP822POU

I can't watch these videos before passing them along (work won't allow YouTube), just the ones I know off the top of my head of have linked to my other sites

BadAndy
08-03-2012, 12:17 AM

I know the one you're talking about. I like that one. I just can't tell you how down I was on this guy after watching the fork promo. It was way too silly for me.

BadAndy
08-03-2012, 12:20 AM
http://youtu.be/WMHAz3Ghzr8

Let's see if this works. Here it is.

MichaelHart
08-03-2012, 01:04 AM
I guarantee you people will be disappointed by the amount of hype and expectation you have for Ambrose.

Dennis
08-03-2012, 01:11 AM
I guarantee you people will be disappointed by the amount of hype and expectation you have for Ambrose.
As long as he is a heel the iwc will love him if when he makes it to the WWE IMO.

Darkside Ron Garvin
08-03-2012, 01:22 AM
As long as he is a heel the iwc will love him if when he makes it to the WWE IMO.

Not true. He could make the face turn, but only after a LONG run as a heel. His character is based around the ability to use heel tactics to ensure he generates the reactions he is seeking. After about 4 years of desperate heelish mannorisms, his character could generate the classic "cult" following that could get him over as a face. The "from rags to riches" aspect could be used to get him to a "loved" aspect. If the E was smart, they would milk this stage of his career for about 2-3 years, then turn him into the MEGA-HEEL he is capable of. After this, he will be in a "Piper character" where he could switch the role depending on the match he's in.

Dennis
08-03-2012, 01:39 AM
Not true. He could make the face turn, but only after a LONG run as a heel. His character is based around the ability to use heel tactics to ensure he generates the reactions he is seeking. After about 4 years of desperate heelish mannorisms, his character could generate the classic "cult" following that could get him over as a face. The "from rags to riches" aspect could be used to get him to a "loved" aspect. If the E was smart, they would milk this stage of his career for about 2-3 years, then turn him into the MEGA-HEEL he is capable of. After this, he will be in a "Piper character" where he could switch the role depending on the match he's in.
I was using dry humor; the iwc loves heels and hates baby faces. thus why I think this guy will be good in the wwe because he is a classic bad guy.

Darkside Ron Garvin
08-03-2012, 01:44 AM
I was using dry humor; the iwc loves heels and hates baby faces. thus why I think this guy will be good in the wwe because he is a classic bad guy.

I understood the humor my friend. I was just pointing out facts of how the character could be used properly. But by your observation, you are correct in that the IWC often turns on characters once they turn face. So by giving the analogy of how he could make it as a face, I was trying to prevent those users who ould inevitably agree than he "could only be a heel" to be sucessful

Lowki
08-03-2012, 03:50 AM
GET THIS GUY ON TV ALREADY. I havent watched a ton of his matches in fcw or the few matches he's had in WWE, but this guy's promo work is absolute gold. In 2-3 years, I can see this guy holding a main event title. The only notch against him is his size and build, but with CM Punk breaking that classic bodybuilder mold as of late, I dont see it as that big of an issue. Thoughts?
CM Punk hasn't broke anything. It's been reported that recently, Vince has been trying to recruit more 6'2 220lb wrestlers. Ambrose fits in here though.

Wade Barrett 1979
08-03-2012, 03:55 AM
His size isn't an issue, he's 6' 4'' and 225lbs.

ash_scorpius
08-03-2012, 04:06 AM
Yes he's gold on the mic...everybody knows that...but to solidify the claims of his good in ring talent...watch his match with seth rollins on fcw... that says it all

Mikeyboy7777777
08-03-2012, 06:15 PM
i'd like the idea of daniel bryan cm punk jon moxley and another great promo guy to be in some sort of a stable so ambrose maybe can break out of a tag team situation so we can ENJOY him longer first tag belts then midcard belts then main event like it should happen do not let him become an eternal midcarder but this team could be the next four horsemen not simply because they are a stable but they are technicians they can make others look great tell a story in the ring and make you hate them and love them at the same time they are the cool new guys and they don't even need to brag about women or alcohol to do it the pg version of excellence that's what they are

TheDevilsAdvocate
08-03-2012, 06:23 PM
Dean Ambrose has some impressive material. I have become an avid fan of his psychotic mannerisms.

Viperfish
08-03-2012, 09:16 PM
he is over 6'2" and over 220 pounds.. IMO his size isn't the issue. I haven't seen much of him but I don't have any problem with the wwe giving a new guy a chance.. especially when he is this loved by the IWC

The IWC used to love Zack Ryder... just sayin'.

Darkside Ron Garvin
08-03-2012, 09:38 PM

Yeah but he's from Jersey. Everyone from Jersey is a heel

BadAndy
08-03-2012, 11:19 PM

Not this fella. I've never been on the Ryder/Hawkins/Reks/blahblahblah bandwagon. FE them all I says.

thedag
08-04-2012, 01:43 AM
Yeah but he's from Jersey. Everyone from Jersey is a heel

he isn't from jersey.

Darkside Ron Garvin
08-04-2012, 01:52 AM
he isn't from jersey.

New York, Jersey... It's all the same to Texans lmao

gravesismizfan
08-04-2012, 11:20 AM
Iwc was in love with Joe 2 look at him now

Dennis
08-04-2012, 11:24 AM
if you read my later posts I said the IWC will love a wrestler until he is a face for too long. and also zack is smaller than the 6'2" 220 pound superstar that I highlighted as superstars who will do really well in the wwe if the iwc loves them.

SHW
08-04-2012, 02:11 PM
moxley/ambrose does not fit in with the PG mold...

they are going to have to change his character WAY to much to get him on TV, and then he just becomes another guy.

BadAndy
08-04-2012, 07:07 PM
moxley/ambrose does not fit in with the PG mold...

they are going to have to change his character WAY to much to get him on TV, and then he just becomes another guy.

They've been working on that and done a great job with it in FCW. I don't think the PG rating will hurt his character.