PDA

View Full Version : Why does y2j get disrespected by everybody????

the_one
08-01-2012, 04:05 PM
exactly what title says: WHY DOES EVRYONE DISRESPECT Y2J?

on raw, when they name the best wrestlers, jerichos name never comes up.
on internet sites, his name never comes up.
WHY???

he literally is the BEST wrestler right now. On the mic, in the ring, face, heel, commentator, highlight reel, etc.
Not only is he the best, he tries to make others better than they are. did anyone watch the jericho vs sheamus match from smackdown a few weeks back? sheamus couldnt do that with anyone else.
He was the best during the attitude era but got held down by hhh bc they looked similar and hhh thought steph had a crush on him(and steph has a history of cheating on former lovers).
its crazy to me that more fans dont see his level of skill

PSOjedi
08-01-2012, 04:13 PM
I don't think he is THE best right now, but he's one of the best for sure

PrimusSucks
08-01-2012, 04:16 PM
Jericho won't let WWE put his name up with the greats while he is with the company, that is just how he is.

Dameduse823
08-01-2012, 04:16 PM
exactly what title says: WHY DOES EVRYONE DISRESPECT Y2J?

on raw, when they name the best wrestlers, jerichos name never comes up.
on internet sites, his name never comes up.
WHY???

he literally is the BEST wrestler right now. On the mic, in the ring, face, heel, commentator, highlight reel, etc.
Not only is he the best, he tries to make others better than they are. did anyone watch the jericho vs sheamus match from smackdown a few weeks back? sheamus couldnt do that with anyone else.
He was the best during the attitude era but got held down by hhh bc they looked similar and hhh thought steph had a crush on him(and steph has a history of cheating on former lovers).
its crazy to me that more fans dont see his level of skill

Dude what sites have you been on? Every site I've gone to or wrestling forum I joined nearly the entire iwc is always obsessed with Jericho. I've seen people chased from forums by mobs for insinuating he was anything less then the wrestling god himself

the_one
08-01-2012, 04:31 PM
Dude what sites have you been on? Every site I've gone to or wrestling forum I joined nearly the entire iwc is always obsessed with Jericho. I've seen people chased from forums by mobs for insinuating he was anything less then the wrestling god himself

yes. that is how it USED to be. but then the IWC got obsessed with cm punk. which i dont get. cm punk steals moves. then stole y2js gimmick. and i havent heard anything about that. if you have cool. i just havent

deadly56
08-01-2012, 04:35 PM

I think sooner or later who should have a feud with Zack Ryder, over the Internet Championship!

K2Jelly
08-01-2012, 04:48 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmRc3FVEZjM

Daffy Duck's Finest
08-01-2012, 04:52 PM
I don't agree with this thread at all.

But here's my two cents worth: I like his new hair do.

TheRealOutlaw
08-01-2012, 05:19 PM
Sounds like someone is crushing hard on Y2J (just kidding). But there is a couple of things I don't agree with. I don't think he was held down by HHH because they looked similar. They are two different wrestlers. When he is in the WWE he does have good skills. The problem is when they have pushed him in the passed he leaves and goes on tour with his band. At this point he needs to figure out if he wants to wrestle full time or tour with his band. I give him a couple more years before he retires and goes full time with his band. I also would not say he is the BEST wrestler right now.

masakaritko
08-01-2012, 05:30 PM
Ok, I don't understand this thread at all. Everybody loves Jericho. He is considered one of the greatest of all time by many. As far as cm punk goes, yes people are obsessed with him but to call him a move stealer, overrated, and saying he stole everything he does from Jericho is a stretch byfar. As far as moves go, there isn't much that is possible in wrestling that hasn't been done before. He got KENTA's blessing to use go to sleep. It's kinda what you have to do nowadays. Let's look at Jericho for a sec. Walls of Jericho is a Boston crab, and was invented before his time. The lionsault was just a moon salut from the middle rope, and he picked it up in Japan. Actually, pretty much everybody's moves in today's product have been done before. Not even just today's product. Even many people in the attitude era. Now onto style. Straight edge- unique. Making your way to the top by wrestling around the world- a right of passage to greatness, saying your the best in the world- said by many world champions of the past, Jericho was not the first, and cm punk was just continuing the trend. This is when I usually say people should do their research before making bold statements on a forum. I'm not trying to bust your balls, just giving you a little insight into the long history of professional wrestling. When we rate a performer such as Jericho on the long list of greats, we look at how great a performer they are and what they accomplished rather than what moves they do and who they emulate. I would rate both Jericho and punk in my personal top 10 of all time and at the very least the top 20 in a real all time list based on these statistics.

Jerichoholic_92
08-01-2012, 05:36 PM
As you can tell by my name I am am a huge Jericho mark, so I am most likely biased, but I dont think he is disrespected. Especially by the IWC. I get your point though, his name isn't thrown around with likes of Cena and Punk.

I just think he loves the buisness more than people give him credit for, and is happy with enhancing other talent. He was at the top for a long time and has accomplished everything he wanted to. I think he's happy with his role now.

He said it best in his 'best in the world' feud with Punk, "I dont need to write it on a t-shirt, I am it!"

the_one
08-01-2012, 05:40 PM
hhh said they looked similar around when hhh blew his knee out and y2j took over his spot as undisputed champ. that spot was for hhh, google it.
hhh was also jealous (so the stories go) over the time y2j and steph spent together during the angle.
it is widely thought thru wrestling hhh held y2j down. as hhh did with countless others.

who is the best wrestler now?
cm punk has great charisma but his matches arent to y2js.
dolph? no way
sheamus? ooooookay
cena? sure
orton? not a chance
hbk is retired.
taker is pretty much retired.
daniel bryan would be the only one close, but y2j is miles better.

someone should do a poll about who is the best current wrestler to see what everyone thinks.

Kenny Kaos
08-01-2012, 05:41 PM
Jericho is awesome, don't get this "held down by HHH" BS. Pretty sure he was the first ever undisputed champ, beating Rock and Austin in one night. If thats not being pushed, then I don't know what is!

When he started on WCW he was arguably the best thing on their pathetic show with washed up old farts. His matches with Malenko brought genuine prestige to the Cruiserweight title. After WCW dropped with him, Y2J went from strength to strength in WWE. Doesn't matter if he is heel or face, he is a fantastic performer. As a face he is someone who can electrify the crowd, as a heel he could generate massive heat.

He'll probably leave again in a few weeks (possibly after SumerSlam) and tour with Fozzy. People will bitch and moan. My advice to them: SHUT...THE HELL...UP! He has done what he needed to do. Come back, put over CM Punk at Wrestlemania and looks like he'll leave doing the same with Dolph Ziggler. He owes the business NOTHING. He isn't done with wrestling, he'll come back when he's good and ready. Hopefully, once last run as WWE Champion before he retires

Asherdelampyr
08-01-2012, 05:42 PM
As you can tell by my name I am am a huge Jericho mark, so I am most likely biased, but I dont think he is disrespected. Especially by the IWC. I get your point though, his name isn't thrown around with likes of Cena and Punk.

I just think he loves the buisness more than people give him credit for, and is happy with enhancing other talent. He was at the top for a long time and has accomplished everything he wanted to. I think he's happy with his role now.

He said it best in his 'best in the world' feud with Punk, "I dont need to write it on a t-shirt, I am it!"

of course both of the guys that you mentioned are in top feuds, while Jericho is essentially having some fun in the ring until it's time for his band to tour again.
Also very little in the way of good things being said about Cena, especially in relation to any skills he may or may not possess.

Jericho is talked about less because he is doing less. When he has a high-profile feud up that isn't being overshadowed by Rock, Brock, Trip and Punk, then he will be talked about again. or when Fozzy wins some sort of award, either way.

the_one
08-01-2012, 05:42 PM

this is exactly what i meant.

hiphopjunkie
08-01-2012, 06:09 PM
yes. that is how it USED to be. but then the IWC got obsessed with cm punk. which i dont get. cm punk steals moves. then stole y2js gimmick. and i havent heard anything about that. if you have cool. i just havent

I hate the move stealing excuse. Moves are moves and they don't belong to anyone. Someone can creaye a move but theres no infringement. Most wrestlers see it as a compliment.

And you want to know how valued Chris Jericho is? The WWE lets him do his own music thing and come back when he's done. That shows you just how important and proven he is.

BadAndy
08-01-2012, 08:18 PM
Jericho is awesome, don't get this "held down by HHH" BS. Pretty sure he was the first ever undisputed champ, beating Rock and Austin in one night. If thats not being pushed, then I don't know what is!

When he started on WCW he was arguably the best thing on their pathetic show with washed up old farts. His matches with Malenko brought genuine prestige to the Cruiserweight title. After WCW dropped with him, Y2J went from strength to strength in WWE. Doesn't matter if he is heel or face, he is a fantastic performer. As a face he is someone who can electrify the crowd, as a heel he could generate massive heat.

He'll probably leave again in a few weeks (possibly after SumerSlam) and tour with Fozzy. People will bitch and moan. My advice to them: SHUT...THE HELL...UP! He has done what he needed to do. Come back, put over CM Punk at Wrestlemania and looks like he'll leave doing the same with Dolph Ziggler. He owes the business NOTHING. He isn't done with wrestling, he'll come back when he's good and ready. Hopefully, once last run as WWE Champion before he retires

It was so fun to watch him develop his character in WCW. He little by little put together some of the best promos and matches of anybody in the company. Back then he was mostly a heel and the crowd loved him. He would make sure to tear up a Jericho is Nitro sign on the way to the ring and the fans loved him for it.
I think Jericho's coming to WWE was one of the things that really hurt WCW in the long run. Myself and many, many others jumped ship to follow this guy's career. He has been the guy the company has needed every step of the way. He's been over and put over countless times. I'm sure there are very few in the locker room that would not put his name up there with some of the best in the business. To say he's disrespected is possibly one of the most absurd things I've eeeeeeee-ever heard.

Cabers
08-01-2012, 08:44 PM
Jericho is at a point in his career where he has done everything he wanted and now he comes back from time to time to build other guys up and have great matches, which he has every night.

Dennis
08-01-2012, 08:58 PM
jericho puts on classic matches every time I see him wrestle. he is great on the mic. The IWC LOVES HIM! you might have met the few members who hate him.. but they are the minority of the iwc.

hiphopjunkie
08-01-2012, 10:04 PM
Every time he wrestles the commentators gush over his acomplishments. With other wrestlers they mention, they only mention accomplishments in passing. with jack swagger and people of his level its not a big deal. It's almost like, "oh yeah and he was champion at one point." its never a showcase of their history.

Lowki
08-02-2012, 10:37 AM
Proclaiming your the best in the world isn't a gimmick steal. Jericho has always been a rock star that happens to be a great wrestler- that's his gimmick. He's an egotistical exageration of himself.

Lowki
08-02-2012, 10:43 AM
Every time he wrestles the commentators gush over his acomplishments. With other wrestlers they mention, they only mention accomplishments in passing. with jack swagger and people of his level its not a big deal. It's almost like, "oh yeah and he was champion at one point." its never a showcase of their history.
I'm pretty sure when Jack Swagger wrestled, you used to have his accomplishments in college shoved down your throat by commentators. From commentary in the past, i know he was a two sport athlete, all american wrestler and set the collegiate record for most pins in season. I found all these out before i even looked him up. Jack Swagger, like Lashley, Angle and Lesnar before him, always have their accomplishments mentioned because there aren't that many amateur wrestlers in pro wrestling and it also makes them seem a lot more legit having gold medalists and record setting all americans as part of their recent roster.

Playboy Stevie V
08-02-2012, 12:53 PM
Jericho is arguably one of the best ever in the Biz. I don't understand that anyone could think he is being disrespected. Even in Ric Flair's (which Jericho is on Flair's level) days, he went on some slumps to put people over. That's never tarnished his legacy. Now Ric coming back after he retired and wrestling when he shouldn't has though, but that's for another forum.

TheRealOutlaw
08-02-2012, 04:54 PM
Jericho is arguably one of the best ever in the Biz. I don't understand that anyone could think he is being disrespected. Even in Ric Flair's (which Jericho is on Flair's level) days, he went on some slumps to put people over. That's never tarnished his legacy. Now Ric coming back after he retired and wrestling when he shouldn't has though, but that's for another forum.

I wouldn't say that Jericho is on Ric Flair's level just yet. I'm sure he will be there, just not yet.

Dennis
08-02-2012, 05:09 PM
I wouldn't say that Jericho is on Ric Flair's level just yet. I'm sure he will be there, just not yet.
I think he is implying his skill level.. and IMO chris jericho is definitely on flairs level.. I'm not saying he's better but definitely on the same level as flair.

tweedidldum
08-02-2012, 05:11 PM
Why wouldn't you say he's on flairs level yet....because flair still kicks around here and there...Flairs last 5 yrs or more have been lets say non-existant to say the least. Flair is overstaying his welcome in the wrestling world and many wrestlers have said this personally. Jericho in my opinion is at Flairs level in another sense.

Dubs
08-02-2012, 05:18 PM
In terms of being a draw, Jericho is NOWHERE near Ric Flair's level but if we are going my putting on amazing matches and character-wise, Jericho is on Flair's level. One thing Jericho has Flair beat in and that's willing to put over other wrestlers. Jericho earned my respect when he put over JTG.

Tommy Thunder
08-02-2012, 05:41 PM
WILL YOU PLEASE! SHUT! THE HELL! UP!
Chris Jericho is the best in the world at what he does. Anyone suggesting otherwise are hypocrites and parasites. Do you understand what I'm saying to you right now?

Basically, what I'm saying is that I think it's fair to say that most on IWC forums recognize Jericho as one of the all time greats. As far as on tv goes, Michael Cole did refer to him as a legend of the industry when he came out to interrupt Ziggler a few weeks back. So I'm not buying this "Jericho disrespect" thing you're trying to sell, because I don't think that anyone disrespects him. The IWC still recognize him as a God amongst men for the most part.

Dennis
08-02-2012, 05:48 PM
WILL YOU PLEASE! SHUT! THE HELL! UP!
Chris Jericho is the best in the world at what he does. Anyone suggesting otherwise are hypocrites and parasites. Do you understand what I'm saying to you right now?

Basically, what I'm saying is that I think it's fair to say that most on IWC forums recognize Jericho as one of the all time greats. As far as on tv goes, Michael Cole did refer to him as a legend of the industry when he came out to interrupt Ziggler a few weeks back. So I'm not buying this "Jericho disrespect" thing you're trying to sell, because I don't think that anyone disrespects him. The IWC still recognize him as a God amongst men for the most part.
I see what you did there... clever :)

Lowki
08-03-2012, 11:05 AM
Ric Flair? Ric Flair was entertaining but is seriously over rated in a technical sense. Jericho is a much better wrestler, close on a mic, but Flair is the best at getting a crowd involved in a match. Even at 60, people were rarely bored of him in the ring even though all he did was flop about, chop, and take a bodyslam off the top.

The Big Shot
08-03-2012, 12:39 PM
In terms of being a draw, Jericho is NOWHERE near Ric Flair's level but if we are going my putting on amazing matches and character-wise, Jericho is on Flair's level. One thing Jericho has Flair beat in and that's willing to put over other wrestlers. Jericho earned my respect when he put over JTG.

Allow me to share a perspective from someone who watched Flair in his prime.

I’ve never been fan of Jericho. He matches with Dean Malenko in WCW were good and Jericho was funny with his Man of 1001 Holds (of something like that) which he used again Malenko who was known as the Man of 1000 Holds.

His undisputed championship run only came because The Rock and Stone Cold put him over. He was never a really big draw and never carried the company. He feuds were Stephanie McMahon were funny. Perhaps my biggest issue is that he always wants to reinvent himself and change his finisher. We never see the Lionsault and rarely see the Liontamer. I don’t want a guy to only have five moves like Bret Hart (who also never drew any money or really carried a company), but some consistency over the years I appreciate.

In no way is Jericho on Flair’s level. Forget about the Flair you have seen in the last 5-6 years and look at his career. Flair's matches with Ricky Steamboat are still the best I've ever seen. Flair carried the NWA title for nearly a decade. The notion that Flair never put anyone over is ridiculous. Perhaps you’ve never heard of Flair losing the title to Ronnie Garvin. (go google him, since you’ve never heard of him). Flair put over Hogan countless times, lost to Steamboat, Dusty, Harley Race, etc. He put over a drug/high Kerry Von Erich and lost the title. He even put over Ricky Morton some back in the day (again, go google it). Ric Flair made Sting. Flair ever put over Scott Steiner during his Steiner Brothers days. In his day, Ric Flair could wrestle me and make me look like a legitimate threat. That’s what made Flair so great. During the NWO invasion, Flair put over everyone for the company including Goldberg. When Flair came back to the WWE in the early 2000s, he lost to Brock Lesnar, the Rock, Orton, Taker, etc. There is a reason why many wrestlers like Flair but not Hogan.

RatedRorayJames
08-03-2012, 03:49 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmRc3FVEZjM

I vote this as Best comment EVER lol

RatedRorayJames
08-03-2012, 03:49 PM
But seriously, Jericho is amazing, not EVERYONE disrespects him, if anyone disrespects him, its 9 year old wwe kids

BadAndy
08-03-2012, 07:00 PM

I’ve never been fan of Jericho. He matches with Dean Malenko in WCW were good and Jericho was funny with his Man of 1001 Holds (of something like that) which he used again Malenko who was known as the Man of 1000 Holds.

It's 1,004 Holds. Gosh!

Dubs
08-03-2012, 11:53 PM

His undisputed championship run only came because The Rock and Stone Cold put him over. He was never a really big draw and never carried the company. He feuds were Stephanie McMahon were funny. Perhaps my biggest issue is that he always wants to reinvent himself and change his finisher. We never see the Lionsault and rarely see the Liontamer. I don’t want a guy to only have five moves like Bret Hart (who also never drew any money or really carried a company), but some consistency over the years I appreciate.

In no way is Jericho on Flair’s level. Forget about the Flair you have seen in the last 5-6 years and look at his career. Flair's matches with Ricky Steamboat are still the best I've ever seen. Flair carried the NWA title for nearly a decade. The notion that Flair never put anyone over is ridiculous. Perhaps you’ve never heard of Flair losing the title to Ronnie Garvin. (go google him, since you’ve never heard of him). Flair put over Hogan countless times, lost to Steamboat, Dusty, Harley Race, etc. He put over a drug/high Kerry Von Erich and lost the title. He even put over Ricky Morton some back in the day (again, go google it). Ric Flair made Sting. Flair ever put over Scott Steiner during his Steiner Brothers days. In his day, Ric Flair could wrestle me and make me look like a legitimate threat. That’s what made Flair so great. During the NWO invasion, Flair put over everyone for the company including Goldberg. When Flair came back to the WWE in the early 2000s, he lost to Brock Lesnar, the Rock, Orton, Taker, etc. There is a reason why many wrestlers like Flair but not Hogan.
When did I say that Ric Flair never put over any wrestlers? I simply said that Chris Jericho has Ric Flair beat when it comes to putting over wrestlers when Jericho put over JTG which was meant to be a tongue-and-cheek comment. I know Ric Flair put over numerous wrestlers in his career and that's what I respect about him.

The Big Shot
08-04-2012, 09:49 PM
It's 1,004 Holds. Gosh!

Yep, it was 1004 holds. I couldn't remember exactly. Man, those were the days for me. RAW vs. Nitro.