PDA

View Full Version : Match of The Year 2010 (So Far) Poll

jwt15
08-28-2010, 12:41 PM
Which of the following do you belive is so far the MOTY?

A.Graham
08-28-2010, 02:07 PM
Any match of the Motor City Machine Guns vs Beer Money series

Y2LUUK
08-28-2010, 02:09 PM
I would say:
1. Undertaker vs HBK
2. MCMG vs Beer Money Inc
3. AJ Styles vs Kurt Angle
4. Ken Anderson vs Kurt Angle
5. Rey Mysterio vs Chris Jericho

justindlfox
08-28-2010, 04:34 PM
Every match not featuring hornswoggle

$$$ Maker
08-28-2010, 05:35 PM
Undertaker vs HBK Was the best!!!

Necroyeti
08-28-2010, 08:59 PM
I voted for MCMG vs Beer Money at the whole F'n show.

Other possible candidates for me, not on the poll:

Tyler Black vs Davey Richards @ ROH Death Before Dishonor VIII (epic bout)
Chris Jericho vs Evan Bourne @ WWE Fatal 4 Way 2010 (need to rewatch this, remember being really impressed though)
Bryan Danielson vs Kaval @ FCW (only 8 mins long, but really awesome. it's on youtube)
Kensuke Sasaki vs. Go Shiozaki @ Pro Wrestling NOAH (don't really watch puroresu but this was recommended to me(youtube) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjN8rACvSC0))

VKM
08-28-2010, 10:50 PM
1. MCMG at The Whole F'n Show
2. Undertaker vs. HBK
3. Shelton Benjamin vs. Christian in a ladder match at TLC PPV
dang this is sad, haven't seen any worthy great matches in TNA, WWE or ROH yet. Our generation is screwed.

Jamie66
08-29-2010, 05:47 AM
Unless you watch ROH, it's really hard to say MOTY...Half their matches are beter then these.

jwt15
08-29-2010, 03:39 PM
But ROH is just an Indy and if PWI was picking it most likly dont include regional promtions

shanethewolf
08-29-2010, 04:04 PM
Undertaker vs HBK was great, but didn't live upto their previous WM match in my opinion. For me it's the MCMG vs Beer Money. I was in awe the whole match and would not only rate it best of the year, but maybe one of the best of all time.

bignasty1
08-30-2010, 04:35 PM
I would say beer money inc mcmg for sure i think the albert del rio rey matches are gonna be good..............

TheRealTCB
09-02-2010, 06:48 PM
Undertaker vs HBK was great, but didn't live upto their previous WM match in my opinion. For me it's the MCMG vs Beer Money. I was in awe the whole match and would not only rate it best of the year, but maybe one of the best of all time.

I disagree with the HBK/Taker match not living up to the 1st match. The fact that its in the discussion should dispute that. The hype surrounding the match plus the stakes easily makes this the match of the year. It was a great match in its own right. The HBK slap at the end was great and as good as the MCMG Beer Money match was I'm not sure thats the best match in their series. HBK/Taker gets my vote.

AGEOFFALL
09-07-2010, 12:05 AM
You can never top your previous work. You should only try to make it different than your previous work. That's why the Taker/HBK wasn't as good as there first Mania encounter.

Mazza
09-07-2010, 06:37 PM
I thought Taker/HBK was great because it differed from last year without using gimmicks. However I voted for Guns/Beer Money, on the strength of the best of 5 series, rather than just 1 match

chaos75
09-16-2010, 10:08 PM
If I had to choose out of this poll it would have to be MCMG/BeerMoney matches.

But I think Edge/Christian pick your poison thing

Freaky Styley
09-16-2010, 11:40 PM
But I think Edge/Christian pick your poison thing
I loved that match, very underrated match this year

Necroyeti
10-26-2010, 03:35 PM
So, any advancement on Taker vs. Michaels?

I did think the World's Greatest Tag Team vs. Kings of Wrestling match at Glory By Honor IX was slightly better than the MCMG vs. Beer Money 2/3 falls match.... need to watch both again though.

chaos75
10-27-2010, 07:23 PM
I think we started this poll too early. Daniel Bryan vs Dolph Ziggler was great, maybe 2010 has got a few more great matches in it

Bodom
10-27-2010, 07:38 PM
Davey Richards vs Tyler Black.

That is all.

Necroyeti
10-27-2010, 11:09 PM
Pretty much agreed, I've watched that match like four times now. Their rematch on last week's ROH on HDNet was pretty much just as good as well.

If someone makes another poll at the end of the year, that match has gotta be on it!

Necroyeti
12-30-2010, 05:02 PM
Thread necromancy?

Other possible candidates for me:

No DQ: Kevin Steen vs. El Generico (ROH - Final Battle)
Davey Richards vs. Roderick Strong (ROH - Final Battle)
Survival of the Fittest 2010 Finals (ROH - SOTF2010)
Davey Richards vs. Chris Hero (PWG - Seven)
Daniel Bryan vs. Dolph Ziggler (WWE - Bragging Rights)
Submission: Miz vs. Daniel Bryan vs. John Morrison (WWE- Hell in a Cell)
Ladder: Sheamus vs. John Morrison (WWE - TLC)
TLC: Kane vs. Edge vs. Rey Mysterio vs. Alberto del Rio (WWE - TLC)
Empty arena: MCMG vs. Young Bucks (TNA - ReAction)
Takashi Sugiura vs. Takeshi Morishima (NOAH - Joe Hguchi Memorial Show)

xStraightxEdgexSaviorx
12-30-2010, 05:40 PM
I voted for MCMG vs Beer Money at the whole F'n show.

Other possible candidates for me, not on the poll:

Tyler Black vs Davey Richards @ ROH Death Before Dishonor VIII (epic bout)
Chris Jericho vs Evan Bourne @ WWE Fatal 4 Way 2010 (need to rewatch this, remember being really impressed though)
Bryan Danielson vs Kaval @ FCW (only 8 mins long, but really awesome. it's on youtube)
Kensuke Sasaki vs. Go Shiozaki @ Pro Wrestling NOAH (don't really watch puroresu but this was recommended to me(youtube) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjN8rACvSC0))

To me this is the best match of the year, but I voted for Taker/HBK.

The Brown One
12-30-2010, 07:11 PM
To me this is the best match of the year, but I voted for Taker/HBK.

If Black vs Davey was on the poll you would have voted it wouldn't you?

xStraightxEdgexSaviorx
12-30-2010, 08:46 PM
If Black vs Davey was on the poll you would have voted it wouldn't you?

Oh yeah. That was a 5 star match all the way imo.

Bodom
12-30-2010, 08:47 PM
Oh yeah. That was a 5 star match all the way imo.

Davey Richards is a walking 5 star match.

xStraightxEdgexSaviorx
12-30-2010, 08:59 PM
Davey Richards is a walking 5 star match.

I'm soo glad he's not retiring. In a way I wish he would go to WWE or TNA so I could see him more, but then again I don't want him being jobbed so I kinda want him to stay in ROH.

The Brown One
12-30-2010, 09:58 PM
I don't get a chance to watch indy matches, but from the "tributes" and all that they have on YT, Davey looks like a world class wrestler.