PDA

View Full Version : 360 Game Backlog... <_<

Tomsta666
07-31-2012, 03:14 PM
So I was perusing my game shelf and XBLA collection today and it occurred to me. Why the hell do I buy games and not play them? What a waste of money! So i've listed the games that i've bought, maybe played a little and put back on the shelf. Or just straight up not played at all. So I would appreciate you guys' opinion on what I should play next. There's all-sorts of different stuff in here and i'm open to all suggestions. I just need to get my moneys worth man! :)

Retail

Duke Nukem Forever
Alone in the Dark
Viva Pinata
Pure
Halo 3 ODST
Forza 2
Just Cause 2
Aliens vs Predator
Bourne Conspiracy
Enslaved
Skyrim
Dragon Age Origins
Mass Effect
Bayonetta
Project Gotham Racing 3
Rockstar Table Tennis
The Darkness
Rumble Roses XX
Tony Hawk Shred

XBLA

A KIngdom for Keflings
Banjo Kazooie
Beyond Good and Evil HD
Dungeons and Dragons Daggerdale
Family Game Night - Sorry
Hydrophobia
Ilomilo
Joe Danger SE
Mortal Kombat Arcade
Perfect Dark HD
Prince of Persia Classic
Raskulls
Serious Sam HD First AND Second Encounter
Sonic Adventure
Sonic CD
The Dishwasher Dead Samurai
The Path of Go
Totemball
Trine 2

This list doesn't include all the games that i've beat and wated to go back to either. If it did it would probably be twice as long :p

Shining Light
07-31-2012, 03:16 PM
Beyond Good And Evil. I've told you once and I'll tell you again... Play it yer Doyle! ;)

Tomsta666
07-31-2012, 03:18 PM
Beyond Good And Evil. I've told you once and I'll tell you again... Play it yer Doyle! ;)

That one is pretty high up my to-do list. Thanks to your glowing recommendation ;)

Bodom
07-31-2012, 03:18 PM
Shame on you for not playing Duke Nukem Forever. That game is a masterpiece.

Tomsta666
07-31-2012, 03:22 PM
Shame on you for not playing Duke Nukem Forever. That game is a masterpiece.

:p LOL.

I do genuinely want to beat that game though, since like a the sucker I am bought into the hype and bought it full price, day 1 :rolleyes:

VanHooliganX
07-31-2012, 04:18 PM
Vans to do list:

Catan
PDC World Champ Darts
Crackdown
Perfect Dark Zero
Fable 2
Track and Field
Dead Rising 2
Kameo
Beijing 2008
Limbo
Kane and Lynch 1
Rockstar Table Tennis
GOW1
Diner Dash
Texas Hold'em
Mass Effect 1
Family Game Night
Age of Booty
Band Hero
FM 07
GTA 4
Dead or Alive 4
Skyrim
fifa 12
Portal 2
RISK factions
ICC Cricket 07
GOW3

Realistic completions/ones me and Tomsta can do together :P:

Catan
PDC darts
Crackdown
Fable 2
Track and Field
Limbo
Rockstar Table Tennis
GOW1
Diner Dash
Texas Hold'em
Mass Effect 1
Band Hero
FM07
Dead or Alive 4
Skyrim
FIFA 12
Portal 2
RISK factions
ICC Cricket
GOW3

HeelTurn
07-31-2012, 04:24 PM
Mass Effect, Enslaved and Beyond Good and Evil are some pretty amazing games right there. Get cracking on them.

Tomsta666
07-31-2012, 04:29 PM
Mass Effect, Enslaved and Beyond Good and Evil are some pretty amazing games right there. Get cracking on them.

BG&E Is pretty high up as I said. And I've heard that Enslaved is pretty good too. MONKEY MAGIC!!! :D
I struggle with Mass Effect though, I've tried to start it a couple of times but it's failed to hook me in :(

HeelTurn
07-31-2012, 04:33 PM
BG&E Is pretty high up as I said. And I've heard that Enslaved is pretty good too. MONKEY MAGIC!!! :D
I struggle with Mass Effect though, I've tried to start it a couple of times but it's failed to hook me in :(

Yeah Monkey Magic FTW lol

Mass Effect was my favourite of the 3, but it did take some getting into, after that I was hooked on the series.

SESAfro
07-31-2012, 04:36 PM
You purchased Viva Pinata... *massive sigh*

I'd suggest you play Bayonetta. I thoroughly enjoyed it. And not just because she'd get naked during a special attack.

VanHooliganX
07-31-2012, 04:40 PM
You purchased Bayonetta... *massive sigh*

I'd suggest you play Viva Pinata. I thoroughly enjoyed it. And not just because it's a unique game with good gameplay.

Fixed. You're welcome.

Tomsta666
07-31-2012, 04:42 PM
You purchased Viva Pinata... *massive sigh*

I'd suggest you play Bayonetta. I thoroughly enjoyed it. And not just because she'd get naked during a special attack.

Actually I was given Viva Pinata ;) Because my mate who had it before me had your attitude towards it :p

I think I stopped playing Bayonetta because I sucked at it. And I seem to recall the learning curve was pretty steep. But I will try to ride it out eventually :)

Tommy Thunder
07-31-2012, 04:48 PM
So I was perusing my game shelf and XBLA collection today and it occurred to me. Why the hell do I buy games and not play them? What a waste of money! So i've listed the games that i've bought, maybe played a little and put back on the shelf. Or just straight up not played at all. So I would appreciate you guys' opinion on what I should play next. There's all-sorts of different stuff in here and i'm open to all suggestions. I just need to get my moneys worth man! :)

Retail

Duke Nukem Forever
Alone in the Dark
Viva Pinata
Pure
Halo 3 ODST
Forza 2
Just Cause 2
Aliens vs Predator
Bourne Conspiracy
Enslaved
Skyrim
Dragon Age Origins
Mass Effect
Bayonetta
Project Gotham Racing 3
Rockstar Table Tennis
The Darkness
Rumble Roses XX
Tony Hawk Shred

I've highlighted the games that you simply have to play!

Alone in the Dark:
Play this preferably at night, with the lights off. It will scare the shit right out of you!

Just Cause 2:
10x better than the first (if you've played it). One of the most fun games you'll play once you master the controls. It's an open world game, and the map is HUGE. You'll have a lot of fun playing it, no doubt.

Mass Effect:
It's simply one of the best series ever. No doubt. Excellent storyline and dialogue, great gameplay, and it's a great game. Once you've played through the first, you'll want to buy 2 and 3 too to conclude the story (both of which you can get relatively cheap online).

I really don't get people who buy games and then just put them on their shelf, never to play them. It just doesn't make sense to me lol! I buy a game and i go to play it instantly once I get home!

SESAfro
07-31-2012, 04:51 PM
Fixed. You're welcome.
Quiet Van, I wasn't talking to you. :P

Actually I was given Viva Pinata ;) Because my mate who had it before me had your attitude towards it :p

I think I stopped playing Bayonetta because I sucked at it. And I seem to recall the learning curve was pretty steep. But I will try to ride it out eventually :)
The show was fine, I actually enjoyed it. The game on the other hand was a snore fest. Yeah, playing it on the hardest difficulty sucks but it's enjoyable. It's just like DMC with boobs.

Tomsta666
07-31-2012, 05:08 PM
I've highlighted the games that you simply have to play!

Alone in the Dark:
Play this preferably at night, with the lights off. It will scare the shit right out of you!

Just Cause 2:
10x better than the first (if you've played it). One of the most fun games you'll play once you master the controls. It's an open world game, and the map is HUGE. You'll have a lot of fun playing it, no doubt.

Mass Effect:
It's simply one of the best series ever. No doubt. Excellent storyline and dialogue, great gameplay, and it's a great game. Once you've played through the first, you'll want to buy 2 and 3 too to conclude the story (both of which you can get relatively cheap online).

I really don't get people who buy games and then just put them on their shelf, never to play them. It just doesn't make sense to me lol! I buy a game and i go to play it instantly once I get home!

Alone in the Dark is another one that I got given, because my mate said it was shite! :P I know the older games in this series are classics of the genre but I seem to remember that this one was unanimously panned :(

Just Cause 2 I played half way through, and then for whatever reason just stopped. It was great. And I will definately go back to it :D

And as I said earlier with Mass Effect I've tried a few times to get into it, but it just failed to hook me in. But this series is universally praised so I feel like i'm missing out. So I really do want to get into it.

With your last point, believe it or not I totally agree! :D I try to do the same. But sometime other stuff comes out, then the stuff im currently playing just gets put on the back burner and forgot about :rolleyes: