PDA

View Full Version : What the heck was Iron Sheik saying on the Old School Raw?

AndherestheJ
11-15-2010, 11:37 PM
When Santino was making his entrance the Sheik started yelling something but I couldn't make out any of it. Anyone here it what he said?

Rich Cranium
11-15-2010, 11:40 PM
I thought I heard "Hulkamania" but that's all I understood.

AndherestheJ
11-15-2010, 11:55 PM
Yeah I heard that. I was just wondering what he said about "hulkamania".

JLeeDude1892
11-16-2010, 12:38 AM
He was saying, "Without Iron Sheik there would be no Hulkamania!" He said other stuff, which I understood, but I don't remember what he said, besides his infamous "USA *Spits*" thing, lol.

Bodom
11-16-2010, 12:40 AM
Iron Sheik was way too sober on Raw.

IPEEINTHESHOWER
11-16-2010, 01:52 AM
Iron Sheik was way too sober on Raw.

I agree give the man a 6 pack and the mic and they would have 8.2 rating

YellowBootlace
11-16-2010, 05:16 AM
I think he was asking "How much am I getting paid for this shit?!"

KellyKellysOtherHalf
11-16-2010, 05:22 AM
He started his promo too early.... noticed he started saying about hulkamania.. then a few seconds later he started saying the same thing.

Kashdinero
11-16-2010, 06:43 AM
I think he was asking "How much am I getting paid for this shit?!"

Whatever it was you know he's smoked it by now!

CMhuw24
11-16-2010, 07:22 AM
He seemed to just mumble.
Still, sounded better than swagger...

SaberToothTigerz
11-16-2010, 07:49 AM
i didnt get what he said too but maybe it was something like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HeSsfSmwSk

Rich Cranium
11-16-2010, 10:47 AM
I was hoping he would make someone humble.

wallyman
11-16-2010, 12:47 PM
When Santino was making his entrance the Sheik started yelling something but I couldn't make out any of it. Anyone here it what he said?
he was about to say without him their would b no hulkamania...producers cut him off cuz well they dont wanna mention hogan...

CobraNightviper
11-16-2010, 12:55 PM
yeah I noticed they cut his mic damn it he was probly going to bury Hogan brother.

Starscreamer
11-16-2010, 01:36 PM
he was talking about how he started hulkimania, because back in the day he put him over for his first title run, and that with out him hulkimania would never have happened...but man Volkov has not aged well...

dean324
11-16-2010, 02:10 PM
starscreamer is right on both points, and for record I agree with the Iron Sheik he is right 110% BROTHER!!!lol

Lowki
11-16-2010, 03:33 PM
He says something like "Everybody know i made Hulk hogan to be the hulkamania. Without iron shiek there was no hulkamania". when the camera panned to him during Slicks entrance. Which was obviously a miss timing.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvqrs8cBw-I
Then after santino asked him what he thought about that, he said "Everybody know Without iron shiek, no hulkamania. I made him to be hulkamania. And please don't say USA USA. russia number 1. Ah you shut up. Russia number 1. Iran number 1. USA Acht Pahh.*cut off*"

Also what was with slick and the worst miming in history?

vbirwin
11-16-2010, 03:52 PM
I don't even care what he said. It was great to see him out there. Although it did make me feel bad hearing that he had to be brought out in a wheelchair and had great difficulty getting in and out of the ring. Couldn't they have done that bit on the stage to give the guy a break?

AGEOFFALL
11-16-2010, 05:23 PM
Without The Iron Sheik there would be no Hulkamania.

steve
11-16-2010, 06:33 PM
The only reason why Iron Shiek lost to Hogan is because Vince needed Hulk to beat a heel. Iron Shiek just fit the bill because he was Iranian and the storyline worked for that time. Vince did not want 2 faces, Backlund and Hogan to face off for the title.

Iron Shiek is an effing idiot and wished WWE would stop having that fool come back. He's an embarrassment.

Lowki
11-16-2010, 09:29 PM
The only reason why Iron Shiek lost to Hogan is because Vince needed Hulk to beat a heel. Iron Shiek just fit the bill because he was Iranian and the storyline worked for that time. Vince did not want 2 faces, Backlund and Hogan to face off for the title.

Iron Shiek is an effing idiot and wished WWE would stop having that fool come back. He's an embarrassment.
hmmm sheik beat backlund for the title in december 1983. In January 1984 a Heel hogan saved backlund from a beat down turning face and only three weeks later "replaced" backlund and won his first title as a face.
I dont find your idea plausible because hogan had only turned face 3 weeks before he won his first title. After he won it, "hulkamania" was born and the sheik was not to fued with Hogan again until 1991 as Colonel mustfa, which happened to be a fued between Hogan and Slaughter.
Tbh i don't think that the didnt want two faces for a title because up until 1984 hogan was heel.. before backlund lost the title.

Yes Sheik has always been an idiot and he is VERY slow in the head. I mean, the fact he started his promo during slicks entrance is one indication... Some would think of it as an error... but he consistantly ignores set lines and just shoots anyways.

Kashdinero
11-17-2010, 02:39 AM
The sheik won the title from Backlund for one reason. So he could drop the belt to the man whom Vinnie Mac was going to base his company around. Boring Bob was not in Vinnies plans for the cartoon era. Plus Vince would never of had hulk beat bob in a face v face situation. By beating the "evil Iranian" The Hulks real American gimmick had the perfect starting point.....
ALSO I read (& heard from sheik himself) that Sheiky baby was offered a lot of money by Verne Gagne to take the title to AWA for a "unification" match but he refused out of loyalty to Vince.