PDA

View Full Version : Big Show next WWE Champion after summerslam

CricketTragic
07-31-2012, 10:45 AM
Sure it is a long shot but think about this

If Big Show was to win the WWE championship at Summerslam it would be a huge upset and something unexpected.

Also it doesnt damage Punk as a losing champion because it was a triple threat and then if you have Punk defeat Big Show at the PPV after Summerslam then that makes Cena wait another two months at least to become champion building even more speculation that infact it would be CM Punk v Rock at Royal Rumble.

Cena then may win the belt around October giving CM Punk two months to win the title back for the chance to face The Great One.

Mr. Ziggles
07-31-2012, 10:53 AM
I'm not saying Show winning is impossible, but I think they have only put him in the match to give him something to do while they set up an actual fued for him, while keeping him somewhat relavant.

I'm expecting Show to take the pinfall at Summerslam.

I want Punk to retain all the way to the rumble, mainly as I'm a fan of long meaningful reigns over, people been known as a 10x champ as all that means is they lost it 10x.

Also, if Punk was too lose the title before the Rumble I would want it to be in a one on one match.

CricketTragic
07-31-2012, 10:57 AM
I'm not saying Show winning is impossible, but I think they have only put him in the match to give him something to do while they set up an actual fued for him, while keeping him somewhat relavant.

I'm expecting Show to take the pinfall at Summerslam.

I want Punk to retain all the way to the rumble, mainly as I'm a fan of long meaningful reigns over, people been known as a 10x champ as all that means is they lost it 10x.

Also, if Punk was too lose the title before the Rumble I would want it to be in a one on one match.

I could not agree with you more about the long reign v multiplereigns as I am a fan of that too and I would love Punk to Hold the title til Wrestlemania or Elimination Chamber if he gets Stone Cold Stone Cold Stone Cold

I just think its inevitable that Cena will win it soon

Kenny Kaos
07-31-2012, 11:55 AM
*Chael Sonnen mode on*

If Big Show wins the WWE Title at SummerSlam I will leave the IWC FOREVER!

K2Jelly
07-31-2012, 11:57 AM
*Chael Sonnen mode on*

Alright. See ya. :D

Dennis
07-31-2012, 11:59 AM
*Chael Sonnen mode on*

I will remember this haha! but I think your safe.

bartish2
07-31-2012, 12:12 PM
cena should stay away from the belt. big show should win, then cm punk win back in the fall after running around as a heel for a few months then regain the belt in time for rock

El T Draino 316
07-31-2012, 12:39 PM
I don't think it would do Punk any good to drop the belt before the Rumble. His character just had a major shift in a fresh direction, the title and his reign are gaining more value every week. I hardly see ANY benefit on handing it to Show, than back to Punk, than to Rock at the Rumble. Why throw a wrench in his reign? Let him keep it. His match against the Rock at the Rumble has so much more appeal if the Rock can end the longest run in the past 2 (or 3) decades. Word life, this is basic thuganomics guys.

Show's character doesn't need the belt anyway. Sure, he looked dominant when he first turned heel, but he lost any real momentum or credibility when he lossed to Cena shortly after.

Lastly, this is my 100th post, making me an official "Normal Member" despite viewing this site religiously for years. Thanks guys and gals, it's great to be a real part of the team.

Kenny Kaos
07-31-2012, 12:43 PM
More chance of Teddy Long being GM for a day and not announcing a random tag team match

CMRyder
07-31-2012, 12:48 PM
I would probably honestly not watch RAW anymore. Its bad enough they're shoving him down our throats. The Big Show is boring, stale, and a snoozefest. How CMPunk goes on from matches with Jericho to Bryan to Now Big Show and Cena, talk about going backwards. If it was just Punk vs. Cena it could easily be an alright match. But the Big dofus runins everything. I respect the Big Show, but buddy its time to hang up those boots. Don't be a hogan or flair.

Playboy Stevie V
07-31-2012, 01:12 PM
It could work, but I wanna see CM Punk stay as champion until at least the RR and I'm okay if holds it even after that.

I'm not a Punk mark, but I'm digging the stability and longevity of his reign. It's old school and refreshing instead of the recent past status quo of hot potato championships.

PSOjedi
07-31-2012, 02:21 PM
I would probably honestly not watch RAW anymore.
I don't trust you. You would continue to watch RAW, this is obvious. Even if Hornswoggle was both WHC and WWE champ I would continue to watch RAW/SD, as the fan I am.

Wade Barrett 1979
07-31-2012, 02:29 PM
I get a pound off my mate, every time someone on this site says they're not watching Raw anymore, I made 750 grand in the last month. Gonna buy me a house.

deadly56
07-31-2012, 02:35 PM
I would probably honestly not watch RAW anymore. Its bad enough they're shoving him down our throats. The Big Show is boring, stale, and a snoozefest. How CMPunk goes on from matches with Jericho to Bryan to Now Big Show and Cena, talk about going backwards. If it was just Punk vs. Cena it could easily be an alright match. But the Big dofus runins everything. I respect the Big Show, but buddy its time to hang up those boots. Don't be a hogan or flair.

How is having a match with the current most dominant heel and the face of the company a step backwards? In any case at of all the matches Punk had for the Championship, his matches against Bryan would be considered a step backwards compared to his other Championship matches.

FunkyKong
07-31-2012, 03:27 PM
Big Show should definitely retire soon. Or at least drop down to mid-card or tag division. He says he wants to help the new guys out, but right now he's just hogging the spotlight.

Playboy Stevie V
07-31-2012, 04:24 PM
I think it's because Big Show is still a big name and can be the go-to guy whenever they need a main eventer to step up as a top heel. I'm okay with Big Show's current position. I'd much rather prefer heel Big Show than dull, face Big Show.

Yeah I got no problems with the Big Show, as long as he's a heel. I just wish the WWE didn't job him out so much, because he's a legitimate, believable, unstoppable, scary juggernaut.

If I was in charge of booking Big Show from day one, he would have hardly never lost cleanly ever. I would have got more drawing power out of him that way, instead of jobbing him out to up and comers like when Cena beat him for the US title. But after he's been jobbed out so much, the intimidation and hard to beat status takes a hit.

Cabers
07-31-2012, 04:25 PM
I am hoping for Punk to last until the RR but i doubt it will happen.

Punk loses to John Cena at SS.
Cena loses to Rock at RR.
Cena enters RR and Wins.
Cena defeats Rock at WM.

PSOjedi
07-31-2012, 04:29 PM
Cena already lost to The Rock so he won't lose to him one more time. Next time they face, Cena wins. Obvious

BadAndy
07-31-2012, 06:51 PM
Here's my thinking. I think it's much more possible to have Big Show be the champion over Cena right now if they were to take the strap off of Punk. However, I just don't see any good possibilities for interactions with the new face GM and Big Show. You can't have a face GM and a face champion like Cena. It just wouldn't be fun. Thus, I think with the new attitude Punk, you'll see Punk hold the belt for a little while longer and have AJ being a thorn in his side. I think what we see right now with Big Show is the push they were talking about. I don't know if there is actually a plan to put the belt on him. Show is the second biggest jobber behind Kane as far as length of time with the company and doing what he's asked to put over another wrestler. I think that's what he's going to be doing right now. We'll see a full heel, full face and tweener going up against each other.

tweedidldum
07-31-2012, 08:27 PM
Big Show wins at Summerslam....Lesnar interrupts him at Raw the next night after he beats HHH to living hell, says he wants that title...Cena comes out.....Punk afterwards....WAR!!!

CricketTragic
07-31-2012, 08:29 PM
Big Show wins at Summerslam....Lesnar interrupts him at Raw the next night after he beats HHH to living hell, says he wants that title...Cena comes out.....Punk afterwards....WAR!!!

that would be an absolute behemoth moment and then fizzle out as Brock will leave again for a bit and Punk has a right to a rematch clause

tweedidldum
07-31-2012, 08:34 PM
True LOL!!! Would like to see a big mix of the top superstars feuding over title again rather than a couple here or there and then settle it with a King of Ring winner gets a shot at the champ!!!!

CricketTragic
07-31-2012, 08:39 PM
True LOL!!! Would like to see a big mix of the top superstars feuding over title again rather than a couple here or there and then settle it with a King of Ring winners gets a shot at the champ!!!!

I would mark out if King of theRing came back I know its a shell of its former self but I still like it especially with the three hour raws could make it interesting.

PSOjedi
08-06-2012, 12:23 PM
With what happened on RAW with Punk & The Rock, I think that The Rock can cost Punk his WWE title at Summerslam, but also not voluntarily, hit Cena or something and make Big Show win the belt. CM Punk will regain the title from Show at Survivor Series or TLC, then face The Rock at Royal Rumble, lose to him, Cena winning the Royal Rumble, then face The Rock at Mania for the WWE Championship, and this time win.

Problem is, The Rock is not a full time superstar anymore so having the WWE belt and not showing from RR to Mania, makes me also think I'm wrong.