PDA

View Full Version : What Is With Crowds Nowadays?

Scottland
11-15-2010, 11:22 PM
After watching tonight's "Old School" RAW the crowd was so boring & dead. I mean people barely even stand from there seats anymore. What the hell happened to that hardcore crowd that used to go crazy & actually got into. I mean even guys like Orton & Cena barely got a response tonight. Hershey, PA. sucks in terms of a live crowd.

TheDevilsAdvocate
11-15-2010, 11:24 PM
After watching tonight's "Old School" RAW the crowd was so boring & dead. I mean people barely even stand from there seats anymore. What the hell happened to that hardcore crowd that used to go crazy & actually got into. I mean even guys like Orton & Cena barely got a response tonight. Hershey, PA. sucks in terms of a live crowd.

The crowd looked like parents that were forcefully dragged there by their kids an really had no interest at all in what was going on in the ring. Hell they even did a close up on the crowd an it looked like one of the women in attendance was taking a nap... DURING PIPERS PIT!

Mr. McMahon
11-15-2010, 11:26 PM
welcome to 2007, when crowds slowly started to die

TheDevilsAdvocate
11-15-2010, 11:28 PM
welcome to 2007, when crowds slowly started to die

Don't you mean 2006? I think that was when it went PG an all of the crazy fans stopped paying money to go an see the show.

IrkenInvader
11-15-2010, 11:29 PM

Don't knock PA fans, I was marking out and chearing the whole time.

TheDevilsAdvocate
11-15-2010, 11:31 PM
the crowds these days are faggots. they want to be funny and chant dumb things to get the wrestlers mad. i swear, i don't know why people pay so much money not to have a good time. Tickets for WWE shows cost alot so if it was me, i'll be screaming my ass off all segment long!

wo0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o 0o0!!!!!

IPEEINTHESHOWER
11-15-2010, 11:46 PM
Say goodbye to WWTNA IS ALIVE once again. I think after that post he might be dead AGAIN. As for the crowd it was OK, but in no way did it take away the awesomeness of this RAW. I'm pissed I didn't go to this Raw, I would have marked out a few times especially when I heard JR's music hit, I would have spit out my beer and did a dance.;)

AndherestheJ
11-15-2010, 11:48 PM

I get what you're saying. I was actually surprised at many how many Legends and "Old School" themes and ideas were used.

Anyway, it's a different crowd now dude. All the changes to PG have drawn the kids more to WWE. With that being said the crowd has to be filled with kids who don't know who these people are plus the parents that were dragged to the event were probably not a fan of wrestling back in their day.

With all the changes they've made it's really created a whole new fanbase for the WWE, kids who do not know the past of WWE.

WWTNA IS ALIVE
11-15-2010, 11:48 PM
Say goodbye to WWTNA IS ALIVE once again. I think after that post he might be dead AGAIN. As for the crowd it was OK, but in no way did it take away the awesomeness of this RAW. I'm pissed I didn't go to this Raw, I would have marked out a few times especially when I heard JR's music hit, I would have spit out my beer and did a dance.;)

Listen IPITS, i've been taken down once, but i'll never be taken down AGAIN!!!

Iron Ape
11-15-2010, 11:53 PM
Listen IPITS, i've been taken down once, but i'll never be taken down AGAIN!!!

You keep calling people "faggots" and we'll see how much truth there is to this silly assertion.

It's 2010, man. The days of accepted ignorance and redneckery are over.

Mr. McMahon
the crowd was pretty good in 2006, dx.. ecw.. etc... it started to die on 2007 when younger fans took over... btw WWE didn't go PG in 2007, WWE went PG in mid 2008

El_Phenomenal
Did anyone else catch that "Hogan" chant during the Slaughter v Del Rio match?

Silverdust
11-15-2010, 11:55 PM
Did anyone else catch that "Hogan" chant during the Slaughter v Del Rio match?

That was surreal

WWTNA IS ALIVE
11-15-2010, 11:57 PM
You keep calling people "faggots" and we'll see how much truth there is to this silly assertion.

OH! Thats what IPITS was talking about. Damn! I'll watch my words next time.

IrkenInvader
11-15-2010, 11:58 PM

Hey rednecks aren't the problem, its idiot rednecks.

Scottland
11-16-2010, 12:00 AM
I get what you're saying. I was actually surprised at many how many Legends and "Old School" themes and ideas were used.

Anyway, it's a different crowd now dude. All the changes to PG have drawn the kids more to WWE. With that being said the crowd has to be filled with kids who don't know who these people are plus the parents that were dragged to the event were probably not a fan of wrestling back in their day.

With all the changes they've made it's really created a whole new fanbase for the WWE, kids who do not know the past of WWE.

Dude, just by what you said you practically just stated that WWE is erasing it's past. Truth be told though, WWE has tried this kid thing in the past & they had to change in due time. Making the kids the overall fanbase will die in time. The past repeats itself. WWE ratings are low, Wrestlemania tickets are selling slower then ever, there are fewer sellouts & the list goes on. WWE will make changes again if things don't improve. Kids don't stick with things long.

IrkenInvader
11-16-2010, 12:11 AM
Dude, just by what you said you practically just stated that WWE is erasing it's past. Truth be told though, WWE has tried this kid thing in the past & they had to change in due time. Making the kids the overall fanbase will die in time. The past repeats itself. WWE ratings are low, Wrestlemania tickets are selling slower then ever, there are fewer sellouts & the list goes on. WWE will make changes again if things don't improve. Kids don't stick with things long.

Yeah kids suck as a demographic. They should have stayed with the 18-35 demo they had thats where the money is at. I mean ticket sales money not merch.

wallyman
11-16-2010, 12:14 AM
basicly its a kids show...do u think all this kids know who the hell is all tis legends lol....look is the iron sheik...kids are like screw him were is cena lol...and wwe made wrestling but i believe with all their tactics and bannin stuff...vince has fed everyone alot of things over the years...one of the things is that wwe is the only company they should give a chance 2...and after wcw died wwe vecane so stail and borring they dont even try,.,,,i mean i heard tnalive shows the crowd is reallyt into every match...but after watchin todays show its evident that cena controls wwe...the kids and parents only cheer for him...they dont care about anyone else...not even this legends...btw i wish warrior was on this show and even bret....

IrkenInvader
11-16-2010, 12:26 AM
basicly its a kids show...do u think all this kids know who the hell is all tis legends lol....look is the iron sheik...kids are like screw him were is cena lol...and wwe made wrestling but i believe with all their tactics and bannin stuff...vince has fed everyone alot of things over the years...one of the things is that wwe is the only company they should give a chance 2...and after wcw died wwe vecane so stail and borring they dont even try,.,,,i mean i heard tnalive shows the crowd is reallyt into every match...but after watchin todays show its evident that cena controls wwe...the kids and parents only cheer for him...they dont care about anyone else...not even this legends...btw i wish warrior was on this show and even bret....

learn to spell!

xStraightxEdgexSaviorx
11-16-2010, 01:53 AM
I think I can answer this question. It aint the kids with the parents, they have been around in droves forever (yes even during the attitude era), it's us mostly. Members of the IWC for the most part will go to the shows and expect to be disappointed because of their cynical nature, and therefor will not have a good time at the event and be silent. Think about it, it was always OUR demographic that is supposed to be going nuts at the events, you can't put that type of responsibility on the kids because they have their parents to deal with telling them to not make a scene. It's on us to be more involved, more creative, and help get the energy of the crowd up...for everyone.

IPEEINTHESHOWER
11-16-2010, 02:00 AM
I agree, I go to a lot of events throughout the year, most of the time I get drunk as hell and I get a little crazy now and again but I have to remember my girlfriend is with me and if I cross a certain line I'll have to http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRb4QGUxdN6ZKzL41Qga2LvQUM65zkb-dzdAijiOfNAEu2D8krj

Thats not fun, now is it.

Bodom
11-16-2010, 02:05 AM
I agree, I go to a lot of events throughout the year, most of the time I get drunk as hell and I get a little crazy now and again but I have to remember my girlfriend is with me and if I cross a certain line I'll have to http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRb4QGUxdN6ZKzL41Qga2LvQUM65zkb-dzdAijiOfNAEu2D8krj

Thats not fun, now is it.

So plan ahead and get a comfortable couch,

IPEEINTHESHOWER
11-16-2010, 02:13 AM
So plan ahead and get a comfortable couch,

I have needs dammit.;)

Bodom
11-16-2010, 02:14 AM
I have needs dammit.;)

Are you making excuses?

IPEEINTHESHOWER
11-16-2010, 02:17 AM
Are you making excuses?

With my personality I'm just happy to have a GF, you of all people know I'm not always Mr Sunshine.

SilverGhost
11-16-2010, 02:17 AM
IPITS making excuses?

HE HAS GONE SOFT!

Bodom
11-16-2010, 02:18 AM
With my personality I'm just happy to have a GF, you of all people know I'm not always Mr Sunshine.

And you of all people should know im just havin a bit of fun.

Have a laugh bud

IPEEINTHESHOWER
11-16-2010, 02:20 AM
ipits making excuses?

He has gone soft!

never!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IPEEINTHESHOWER
11-16-2010, 02:22 AM
And you of all people should know im just havin a bit of fun.

Have a laugh bud

Im not mad, U MAD? I just hope you find a way to get those pain killers without going to the hospital;)

SilverGhost
11-16-2010, 02:22 AM
never!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nah its too late man! Its out there!

IPITS? Again? taking pics of sleeping men? Does your girlfriend know about this?!?!?!?

Bodom
11-16-2010, 02:24 AM
Im not mad, U MAD? I just hope you find a way to get those pain killers without going to the hospital;)

I live in Miami. You name it, I can get it ;)

IPEEINTHESHOWER
11-16-2010, 02:26 AM
taking pics of sleeping men? Does your girlfriend know about this?!?!?!?

She knows I have a problem;), the judge makes me go to counseling twice a week.;)

IPEEINTHESHOWER
11-16-2010, 02:27 AM
I live in Miami. You name it, I can get it ;)

I saw that movie cocaine cowboys, they made so much money they could literally fill houses with cash, it was amazing.

Bodom
11-16-2010, 02:28 AM
She knows I have a problem;), the judge makes me go to counseling twice a week.;)

Yeah I bet he "counsels" you *wink* *wink*

IPEEINTHESHOWER
11-16-2010, 02:29 AM
Yeah I bet he "counsels" you *wink* *wink*

he makes me drink Jesus juice, I fall asleep then I wake up a new man.;)

SilverGhost
11-16-2010, 02:31 AM

Counseling is failing you xD

YellowBootlace
11-16-2010, 05:12 AM
I can barely watch RAW on TV these days.
If I were there in the crowd tonight I'd probably.... Just leave.
Just tossin' that out there.

Splattered-Dreams
11-16-2010, 12:21 PM
To be fair - today's midcard (and even upper card) are dreadful, compared to say.. 12 years ago. Every midcarder back then got a huge reaction... anyone remember the insane rain of boos that came down every time Big Bossman entered the ring? Or everyoned singing along to Road Dogg's "Oh, you didn't know!?" song...

arsenhole
11-16-2010, 12:40 PM
you can't get hear how loud the crowd really is because wwe uses equipment that diminishes the crowd noise in order for us to hear the announcers and superstars better

SilverGhost
11-16-2010, 01:07 PM
you can't get hear how loud the crowd really is because wwe uses equipment that diminishes the crowd noise in order for us to hear the announcers and superstars better

-coughtherockcomingoutcough-

Bodom
11-16-2010, 01:09 PM
he makes me drink Jesus juice, I fall asleep then I wake up a new man.;)

Judge Jesus make you drink his juice?

Bodom
11-16-2010, 01:09 PM
To be fair - today's midcard (and even upper card) are dreadful, compared to say.. 12 years ago. Every midcarder back then got a huge reaction... anyone remember the insane rain of boos that came down every time Big Bossman entered the ring? Or everyoned singing along to Road Dogg's "Oh, you didn't know!?" song...

TAKA and Funaki got some serious pops back in the day

Good call on the midcarders these days

Splattered-Dreams
11-16-2010, 01:10 PM
*coughgimmeahellyeahcough*

Splattered-Dreams
11-16-2010, 01:11 PM
TAKA and Funaki got some serious pops back in the day

Good call on the midcarders these days

...Indeeeeed!

Xpacfan
11-16-2010, 02:50 PM

A stale product attracts a stale crowd.

Lance Storm
11-16-2010, 08:42 PM
And for the love of god...STOP SAYING "WHAT?" That saying started the downfall of wrestling and crowd stupidity!