PDA

View Full Version : WWE listening to the IWC?

Kenny Kaos
07-31-2012, 10:02 AM
CM Punk comes out on Raw and cuts a promo to Jerry Lawler basically saying what we've been saying for months:

The WWE Champion should be the FOCUS of the show
Jerry Lawler's commentary is awful
Why should the Rock get a title shot? He's never there
Spotlight should be on Punk, not some Hollywood movie star

Very clever move from the WWE. Punk is now a heel to the casual fan for dissing the Rock, attacking Cena and Show during their match (well, Cena anyway!) and is still a darling to the IWC for doing exactly that! Most of us can't stand Cena, Show or Rock and we've been saying The Champion (not just punk, but whoever holds it) should be the focus of the show.

Well done WWE, decent move, impressive

CricketTragic
07-31-2012, 10:08 AM
CM Punk comes out on Raw and cuts a promo to Jerry Lawler basically saying what we've been saying for months:

The WWE Champion should be the FOCUS of the show
Jerry Lawler's commentary is awful
Why should the Rock get a title shot? He's never there
Spotlight should be on Punk, not some Hollywood movie star

Very clever move from the WWE. Punk is now a heel to the casual fan for dissing the Rock, attacking Cena and Show during their match (well, Cena anyway!) and is still a darling to the IWC for doing exactly that! Most of us can't stand Cena, Show or Rock and we've been saying The Champion (not just punk, but whoever holds it) should be the focus of the show.

Well done WWE, decent move, impressive

Who said Jerry Lawlers commentary is awful? I never I think JR and the King was a great duet

Kenny Kaos
07-31-2012, 10:14 AM
Who said Jerry Lawlers commentary is awful? I never I think JR and the King was a great duet

He himself has said in previous interviews that his heart isn't in it any more. I agree. JR and the King back in the day were great. PG face King sucks

Pumpkinhead
07-31-2012, 10:17 AM
PG face King is better than PG face Cole thought

Mr. Ziggles
07-31-2012, 10:21 AM
WWE listening to the IWC?
If they were Del rio would be nowhere near the WHC.

Personally I think its more a case of Punk having freedom with his character, after what a good job he did last summer.

YOUcanCALLmeCRACK
07-31-2012, 10:22 AM
I don't think they are listening to the IWC but they are listening to common sense.

Of course the champion, who is supposed to be the top guy, should be the focal point.
Of course The King is a shell of his former self on the mic, he is restricted greatly.
Of course a guy who shows up twice a year should not get a title shot without earning it.

Kenny Kaos
07-31-2012, 10:28 AM
Mr Ziggles, Rome wasn't built in a day ;)

YOUcanCALLmeCRACK, common sense is something the WWE is sorely lacking most of the time. Glad that they seem to be letting Punk shoot from the hip, be his own man and be a heel to the kiddies and a face to the smarter fans

Daffy Duck's Finest
07-31-2012, 10:28 AM
I don't think they are listening to the IWC but they are listening to common sense.

Of course the champion, who is supposed to be the top guy, should be the focal point.
Of course The King is a shell of his former self on the mic, he is restricted greatly.
Of course a guy who shows up twice a year should not get a title shot without earning it.

This guy knows.

As for judging the IWC, it's harder than you think. ADR is a good example of this; I have seen a lot of people who praise his talent, me included, so for people to say we hate him is rubbish.

Furthermore, if WWE listened to the 'stereotypical IWC opinions', we'd have Kharma as divas champion defending against the likes of Lita every week. It would be Punk v Bryan Iron Man matches every week and Cena jobbing to Ziggler all the time!

masakaritko
07-31-2012, 10:32 AM
regardless of whether they are listening to us or not, Raw as a whole was very solid last night. I'm willing to say it was better than raw 1000. People said 3 hours wasn't going to work, but in my opinion, it worked out great. They were able to showcase everyone they needed, didn't have to rush anything, and the recurring segments with daniel bryan being given a psych evaluation reminded me of when SCSA did the recurring segments interrogating people to find out who ran him over. All matches were given more time than usual, so they didn't seem rushed at all, it just seemed natural. It wasn't like the giant cluster that 3 hour WCW Nitro was back in the 90's. I was impressed with how they pulled it off. Now the challenge is, can they keep it going that good?

CricketTragic
07-31-2012, 10:33 AM
This guy knows.

As for judging the IWC, it's harder than you think. ADR is a good example of this; I have seen a lot of people who praise his talent, me included, so for people to say we hate him is rubbish.

Furthermore, if WWE listened to the 'stereotypical IWC opinions', we'd have Kharma as divas champion defending against the likes of Lita every week. It would be Punk v Bryan Iron Man matches every week and Cena jobbing to Ziggler all the time!

If that happened then everyone would be begging for Cena to get a push imagine that lol

Wade Barrett 1979
07-31-2012, 10:33 AM
Hahahahahahahahahaha. If they listened to the drive by 'IWC' the company would have gone under about 5 years ago.

RampantLion2010
07-31-2012, 10:35 AM
I had a dream last night that Cena and Show teamed to face Punk and a partner of his choosing. He chose............. William Regal. They outwrestled, outclassed, and outmaneuvered Cena and Show. But.... sadly...... just a dream.

SoloGraphix
07-31-2012, 10:38 AM

Exactly where is this Utopia you are describing located? [/sarcasm]

Mr. Ziggles
07-31-2012, 10:45 AM
This guy knows.

I can already think of the complaints,

Give another diva a shot, Kharma is sufacating the division.
Punk VS Bryan AGAIN ARGH, (that was actually a complaint for some reason after like three matches...)
Super Ziggler BOOOO

goodomens
07-31-2012, 10:55 AM
the IWC is insatiable.

Kenny Kaos
07-31-2012, 11:02 AM
regardless of whether they are listening to us or not, Raw as a whole was very solid last night. I'm willing to say it was better than raw 1000. People said 3 hours wasn't going to work, but in my opinion, it worked out great. They were able to showcase everyone they needed, didn't have to rush anything, and the recurring segments with daniel bryan being given a psych evaluation reminded me of when SCSA did the recurring segments interrogating people to find out who ran him over. All matches were given more time than usual, so they didn't seem rushed at all, it just seemed natural. It wasn't like the giant cluster that 3 hour WCW Nitro was back in the 90's. I was impressed with how they pulled it off. Now the challenge is, can they keep it going that good?

I agree, bar them ramming social media down our throat, I thought Raw was pretty decent this week

Tommy Thunder
07-31-2012, 11:09 AM

Dude, that was years ago! Lawler's commentary hasn't been good for the best part of 4 years now. He's not been with JR at the table for a long time, and since those days, he's not been good at all. With JR there, he was great, but since that partnership was broken up, he's been dreadful.

I haven't seen Raw yet, but from reading the spoilers, I like what they've done with Punk.

Kenny Kaos
07-31-2012, 11:22 AM
I haven't seen Raw yet, but from reading the spoilers, I like what they've done with Punk.

For me the ending was epic. After attacking both Cena and Show he got the mic and said: "The winner of the match...nobody...they're both losers!"

*Kenny Kaos smiles and nods at TV* Never a truer word spoken

Lowki
07-31-2012, 12:18 PM
Vince doesn't care about the IWC. If anything, he listens to twitter trends. Who cares bout 200 people bitching about Cena on a forum when thousands are causing "Let's go Cena" to trend on twitter?

Mr Ziggles, not everyone hates Del Rio. He was quite a big name in mexico in both Lucha and MMA.

Cabers
07-31-2012, 04:20 PM
He himself has said in previous interviews that his heart isn't in it any more. I agree. JR and the King back in the day were great. PG face King sucks

Oh god yeah he does!