PDA

View Full Version : Cole vs JR was the highlight of tonight's RAW.

Iron Ape
11-15-2010, 10:41 PM
Cole in full on heel-mode had me seriously laughing for a good 5 minutes or so.

Dameduse823
11-15-2010, 10:51 PM
I wouldn't call what cole was doing being heel. He sounded more like a little kid trying to get his older brothers attention from his friends. That was just plain annoying

Silverdust
11-15-2010, 10:54 PM
I wouldn't call what cole was doing being heel. He sounded more like a little kid trying to get his older brothers attention from his friends. That was just plain annoying

Coleslaw<JR

WWTNA IS ALIVE
11-15-2010, 10:56 PM
I loved when King told Cole to shut the hell up. Best Raw I've seen in awhile.

Iron Ape
11-15-2010, 11:11 PM

Doing things that people don't like, such as being annoying, are all part of being a heel. Just ask Vickie Guerrero.

TheDevilsAdvocate
11-15-2010, 11:18 PM
It was good to hear Jim Ross, Cole, and Lawler on commentary together. I wish it was a permanant set-up for the announcers table. That'd have been amazing.

Rich Cranium
11-15-2010, 11:21 PM
JR is my favorite annoucer. I wish they would use him at the announcers table more often.

IrkenInvader
11-15-2010, 11:23 PM
He retired, it sad but now he can speak freely about other companies.

Scottland
11-15-2010, 11:25 PM
I wished to God, Michael Cole would have shut up while JR was on. It was annoying to listen to him whine & complain. I also realized why matches are not as exciting as much because JR isn't calling them anymore. Cole can't carry the show. He would be better as a third wheel.

Rich Cranium
11-15-2010, 11:27 PM
He retired, it sad but now he can speak freely about other companies.

I thought he was still employed working with talent in FCW?

SilverGhost
11-15-2010, 11:36 PM
JR coming back was the best thing that happened for the night.

Jim Ross ignoring Cole=epic

Iron Ape
11-15-2010, 11:41 PM
I thought he was still employed working with talent in FCW?

JR isn't at FCW on a regular basis, but he remains under the employ of the WWE in a talent scouting capacity.

Iron Ape
11-15-2010, 11:42 PM
JR coming back was the best thing that happened for the night.

Jim Ross ignoring Cole=epic

"How's the BBQ sauce working out for you?"

"..."

SilverGhost
11-15-2010, 11:44 PM
"How's the BBQ sauce working out for you?"

"..."

LOL!

I hear his BBQ sauce is good.

Iron Ape
11-15-2010, 11:48 PM
LOL!

Eh, it's okay. I'm pretty handy in the kitchen, though, so my expectations might be greater than most.

SilverGhost
11-15-2010, 11:51 PM
Eh, it's okay. I'm pretty handy in the kitchen, though, so my expectations might be greater than most.

At least I know its bearable xD

IPEEINTHESHOWER
11-16-2010, 12:15 AM
LOL!

Its good, it taste much better warmed up than getting out of the fridge and using it. Go buy some and check it out yourself SilverGhost everyone's taste is different. When Cole said I heard your BBQ taste like a hairball tonight I was laughing so hard. Vince needs to do the right thing and bring back JR, but I heard JR might get the Oklahoma Sooner s announcing job, that's his dream job and I hope it happens for him.

Bodom
11-16-2010, 12:20 AM
JR ignoring Cole was epic

Tommy Thunder
11-16-2010, 12:26 AM
It was good to hear Jim Ross, Cole, and Lawler on commentary together. I wish it was a permanant set-up for the announcers table. That'd have been amazing.

I wanted the three to call the whole Old School Raw show, and If I was WWE, I'd definitely have JR, King and Cole on commentary permanently, especially after tonight!! It was entertaining to have the three of them there, and they should definitely consider making it a permanent thing!!
(Although, I guess it depends if JR wants to do all the traveling again, and I'm not sue if he wants to).

john42277
11-16-2010, 12:32 AM
I agree with what some others have said. Cole is NOT amusing or funny. He is just annoying , his voice ruins quality matches and he does not know shit about wrestling. JR calls moves and actually souds excited to be there. Cole only sounds happy when his gay mancrush Miz is out there or when getting grooming tips from Cody Rhodes , Cole has to stop with this gay love affair thing and call the damn match

JagerDave
11-16-2010, 12:38 AM
If that was Cole's heel effort, it failed. I'm hoping that was more of the direction he was given in his headset than his creative choice. He had an opportunity to lift himself to the next level tonight and establish the heel persona, and all that happened was J.R. came out after a very long absence and in 7 minutes put on a play by play clinic.

I was THRILLED to see J.R. if only for that brief time, but WWE shot themselves in the foot by putting him on tonight and giving the fans watching at home a little reminder of what we don't have anymore and what we're, And I Quote, stuck with every week.

Iron Ape
11-16-2010, 12:41 AM
I agree with what some others have said. Cole is NOT amusing or funny. He is just annoying , his voice ruins quality matches and he does not know shit about wrestling. JR calls moves and actually souds excited to be there. Cole only sounds happy when his gay mancrush Miz is out there or when getting grooming tips from Cody Rhodes , Cole has to stop with this gay love affair thing and call the damn match

Uh oh. Somebody is having their sexuality threatened.

Bodom
11-16-2010, 12:44 AM
Whats wrong with having a gay love affair with Miz?

Iron Ape
11-16-2010, 12:45 AM
Whats wrong with having a gay love affair with Miz?

Miz is a definite step up over Heidenreich, is he not?

IrkenInvader
11-16-2010, 12:47 AM
King to Cole "I heard you and Stryker call a macth it was the bland leading the bland"

IrkenInvader
11-16-2010, 12:54 AM
King actually said "hey Cole how about a little less talking a little more shut the hell up."

SilverGhost
11-16-2010, 12:57 AM

Cole is just mad that he didn't like the Heidenrape.

Bodom
11-16-2010, 01:18 AM

I think Heidenrich is really a gently lover.

SaberToothTigerz
11-16-2010, 09:35 AM
I think Heidenrich is really a gently lover.

lets face it cole just never was the same after his first heidenrape experience and who would've?

Tha Crows Nest
11-16-2010, 10:16 AM
I cant help it sometimes I feel like im a Cole Miner lol

drumgod
11-16-2010, 10:54 AM
JR beating Cole with his hat was simply the best part of the entire show for me. Cole was acting like suck a little Bit*h it wasnt even funny. He diserved the beating JR gave him - in fact he needs to be beaten more. Maybe he will shut up..

Anyone notice how the entire feel of the show was just all around better once JR sat in the announce booth? I like Coles new character, but he simply cannot live up to good 'ol JR...

SgtGohan
11-16-2010, 11:00 AM
Cole was ruining my precious old school JR moments

el gabo
11-16-2010, 11:23 AM
The best part of RAW was hearing Mae Young calling Lay Cool bitches. Vince must of had a panic attack at that moment. Today a lot of kids heard their first "bitch" on wrestling and they can proudly say that they heard it from Mae Young.

drumgod
11-16-2010, 11:24 AM
The best part of RAW was hearing Mae Young calling Lay Cool bitches. Vince must of had a panic attack at that moment. Today a lot of kids heard their first "bitch" on wrestling and they can proudly say that they heard it from Mae Young.

Dont forget "You little SLUTS" May Young called 'em Bitches, and Sluts!!! So much for PG !!!

jethro
11-16-2010, 11:45 AM
Cole ruined the whole thing seriously,I like Cole being heel and all but here hes just really annoying,'shut the hell up stop talking' kind of annoying...Bryan vs Swagger match was good too but I was distracted by Cole lame force heel attempt,I dont want mute because I want to hear JR and King calling the match! JR havent miss a step,you can tell hes still got it.

newfie
11-16-2010, 01:55 PM
jr and the king are the best commentary team in sports put them back together and send cole to the back cleaning the bathrooms.

newfie
11-16-2010, 01:56 PM
that was sooooo funny

SilverGhost
11-16-2010, 02:02 PM
Cole ruined the whole thing seriously,I like Cole being heel and all but here hes just really annoying,'shut the hell up stop talking' kind of annoying...Bryan vs Swagger match was good too but I was distracted by Cole lame force heel attempt,I dont want mute because I want to hear JR and King calling the match! JR havent miss a step,you can tell hes still got it.

Agreed!

Damn Cole! He needs to...
http://www.tvk.lt/justas/in_gtfo.jpg

Grail
11-16-2010, 02:04 PM
As I was watching the match between Swagger and Bryan, I kept being pulled out of it by Cole's constant and inane whining... It really crystallized something for me, Michael Cole ruins great matches.

SilverGhost
11-16-2010, 02:05 PM
As I was watching the match between Swagger and Bryan, I kept being pulled out of it by Cole's constant and inane whining... It really crystallized something for me, Michael Cole ruins great matches.

Bryan vs Swagger was a great match.....RUINED by Cole!

I agree.

Iron Ape
11-16-2010, 02:11 PM
I can't help but feel that quite a few people here are being more than a bit melodramatic. If some simple talking is all it takes to pull you out of a "great" match, I'm inclined to believe that said match wasn't nearly as great as you'd like to convince yourselves that it was.

SilverGhost
11-16-2010, 02:27 PM
I can't help but feel that quite a few people here are being more than a bit melodramatic. If some simple talking is all it takes to pull you out of a "great" match, I'm inclined to believe that said match wasn't nearly as great as you'd like to convince yourselves that it was.

The match was good to watch. I enjoyed it.

JR just made it a bit better.

Iron Ape
11-16-2010, 02:38 PM
The match was good to watch. I enjoyed it.

JR just made it a bit better.
Well, commentators are there to enhance matches and fill in the gaps of the story that the wrestlers can't completely convey in the ring.

I like JR as much as the next guy, but there's something seriously wrong with fans' adherance to everything of yesterday. Short of the guy dying and being plunged into the earth, I'm not really sure what it's going to take for people to move on and accept the fact that he no longer has that job. There comes a point when people just need to go forward, but, for whatever silly reason, the majority of wrestling fans seem incapable of this. And this phenomenon is not just limited to the announcing talent, either. Just about every time I click on some wrestling-related message board, there's always a bunch of people clamoring for the likes of Stone Cold and The Rock to come back and do warmed-over versions of their golden oldies. I'm seriously beginning to think that "new" and "different" are the biggest heels in wrestling at the moment.

AllDay7
11-16-2010, 03:05 PM
I agree with everyone else on this subject, Cole is just plain bad. He is so annoying to listen to that most of the time I find myself thinking "Cole would you shut the hell up" instead of "what a move". I wish JR (among others) would come back, but I also know that is not likely. I just wish Vince would wise up and get ride of MR BLAND aka Cole. Then again, there is a lot Vince should do a doesn't.

Dameduse823
11-16-2010, 03:31 PM
Well, commentators are there to enhance matches and fill in the gaps of the story that the wrestlers can't completely convey in the ring.

I think with tis line you've captured the reason everyone is so upset about what happened. Commentators are there to enhance the match they are calling but Cole did just the opposite. I think though the whole match he said 2 things that had relevance to the match and those were both just ragging on Bryan. He made the match almost unwatchable because of his stupid whining and talking about how he's the voice of wwe and mocking JR, someone he could NEVER live up to

Iron Ape
11-16-2010, 03:57 PM
I think with tis line you've captured the reason everyone is so upset about what happened. Commentators are there to enhance the match they are calling but Cole did just the opposite. I think though the whole match he said 2 things that had relevance to the match and those were both just ragging on Bryan. He made the match almost unwatchable because of his stupid whining and talking about how he's the voice of wwe and mocking JR, someone he could NEVER live up to

And all of Cole's lines are being fed to him through a head-set- so why does everyone continue to insist on holding him responsible? That doesn't make even the tiniest bit of sense.

SilverGhost
11-16-2010, 03:58 PM
And all of Cole's lines are being fed to him through a head-set- so why does everyone continue to insist on holding him responsible? That doesn't make even the tiniest bit of sense.

As much as I hate Cole's character, this makes sense.

GaMEPLAY
11-16-2010, 04:03 PM
I hate Cole so much, if i was there, i probably would've knocked his block off!!

Bodom
11-16-2010, 04:06 PM
WWE could have just as easily had him throw a fit and then head to the back in protest until Ross was finished calling the match. It was like WWE felt Cole's silliness was more important than JR calling the match.

SilverGhost
11-16-2010, 04:07 PM
WWE could have just as easily had him throw a fit and then head to the back in protest until Ross was finished calling the match. It was like WWE felt Cole's silliness was more important than JR calling the match.

-smh-

WWE with their head up their ass again.

Iron Ape
11-16-2010, 04:40 PM
I hate Cole so much, if i was there, i probably would've knocked his block off!!

You would have knocked a guy's block off for doing the exact job he was hired to do? Yeah, that's entirely logical.

Iron Ape
11-16-2010, 04:42 PM

Vince notoriously doesn't like JR. He's taken nearly every opportunity possible to humiliate the guy, so of course Cole's silliness was more important.

el gabo
11-16-2010, 04:46 PM
Vince notoriously doesn't like JR. He's taken nearly every opportunity possible to humiliate the guy, so of course Cole's silliness was more important.

Yeah Cole did kind of mess up the moment but, we must remember that all of this is scripted. He has to play up his heel character and even though it wasn't fair to good ol' JR, it fit perfectly IMO.

Cole has done a good job at commentary. I bet that if someone else took his place people would bitch that the new guy sucked too.

Bodom
11-16-2010, 04:48 PM

I know......still frustrates me.

But I still say that match and JR made me the happiest Iv been in months

Bodom
11-16-2010, 04:50 PM
Yeah Cole did kind of mess up the moment but, we must remember that all of this is scripted. He has to play up his heel character and even though it wasn't fair to good ol' JR, it fit perfectly IMO.

Cole has done a good job at commentary. I bet that if someone else took his place people would bitch that the new guy sucked too.

Cole's gotten alot better, I will admit that. Its just that we already have to listen to his silliness 3 days a week.

el gabo
11-16-2010, 04:53 PM
Cole's gotten alot better, I will admit that. Its just that we already have to listen to his silliness 3 days a week.

Sometimes he just tries too hard. I think that's his problem. Then again, he is filling in for the best. I try to cut the guy some slack, he has one tough job.

Silverdust
11-16-2010, 04:54 PM
Competing against the likes of JR is no easy feat, plus Coleslaw is on 3 programs so he must be doing his job correctly!

Bodom
11-16-2010, 05:00 PM
Sometimes he just tries too hard. I think that's his problem. Then again, he is filling in for the best. I try to cut the guy some slack, he has one tough job.

In small doses his heel stuff is pretty damn funny and enjoyable. He just goes overboard some times

daniel bryan mark
11-16-2010, 05:02 PM
Originally Posted by Iron Ape

In a way, it does. It's like how Randy Orton as a heel is better than Ted DiBiase Jr. as a heel. One guy plays a certain role better then another guy. Someone like Bobby "The Brain" Heenan would be able to play the heel commentator better than Cole.( By the way, I am not comparing Heenan with Cole.)

AGEOFFALL
11-16-2010, 05:12 PM
Oh yeah most entertaining segment of the night.

Bodom
11-16-2010, 05:13 PM
Oh yeah most entertaining segment of the night.

Well look who came back from the dead.

AGEOFFALL
11-16-2010, 05:20 PM
Well look who came back from the dead.

Someone died? Please tell me who/

SilverGhost
11-16-2010, 05:28 PM
Someone died? Please tell me who/

-points at you-

AGEOFFALL
11-16-2010, 05:30 PM
-points at you-

Who me? Nah I wasn't dead, I just got lost on my way to the website.

GaMEPLAY
11-16-2010, 05:31 PM
Well...yeah ofcourse..

Someone has to inform the WWE that they're hurting the show by having Cole being / acting like an ass, i allmost didn't watch the finish of the show cause of him..
Vince needs to come up with something better for Cole, or just fire him and bring JR back, or let'm be HHH's bitch again..

Iron Ape
11-16-2010, 05:46 PM

Exactly. Anyone who is not named JR is going to get people's panties into a pretzel-like knot.

Anyways, I'm not sure I understand people who criticize the likes of Cole and Striker for being bland but then turn around and sing JR's praises. I mean, the guy really doesn't have much of a personality. Sure, it's not particularly necessary to get that particular job done, but why turn around and hold that against the other guys then? I don't think much of the IWC realize how often they contradict themselves when it comes to stuff like this.

SilverGhost
11-16-2010, 05:47 PM
Exactly. Anyone who is not named JR is going to get people's panties into a pretzel-like knot.

Anyways, I'm not sure I understand people who criticize the likes of Cole and Striker for being bland but then turn around and sing JR's praises. I mean, the guy really doesn't have much of a personality. Sure, it's not particularly necessary to get that particular job done, but why turn around and hold that against the other guys then? I don't think much of the IWC realize how often they contradict themselves when it comes to stuff like this.

I prefer Striker in commentary. He does his job well.

Iron Ape
11-16-2010, 05:49 PM
Well...yeah ofcourse..

Someone has to inform the WWE that they're hurting the show by having Cole being / acting like an ass, i allmost didn't watch the finish of the show cause of him..
Vince needs to come up with something better for Cole, or just fire him and bring JR back, or let'm be HHH's bitch again..

Yes, someone clearly has to get on the phone to alert VKM of the fact that you almost quit watching the program. He needs to be privy to this information. :D

Man, I love how self-important kids are nowadays.

Iron Ape
11-16-2010, 05:51 PM
I prefer Striker in commentary. He does his job well.

I get a kick out of a lot of his obscure references. And it's funny to hear him come off with stuff that is going completely over the heads of 3/4s of the people watching, because you just know those same folk are going to take to the internet to whine about how they don't think he makes any sense.

SilverGhost
11-16-2010, 06:02 PM
I get a kick out of a lot of his obscure references. And it's funny to hear him come off with stuff that is going completely over the heads of 3/4s of the people watching, because you just know those same folk are going to take to the internet to whine about how they don't think he makes any sense.

Lol I understand him. I just don't like how he was in NXT. Sometimes he does refrence wrestlers from who they are and where they were.

Christian debut in ECW: "This moment has now been instantly classic."

Bryan: "He was known as the American Dragon."

I think its good to have someone like Striker.

IrkenInvader
11-16-2010, 06:06 PM
Lol I understand him. I just don't like how he was in NXT. Sometimes he does refrence wrestlers from who they are and where they were.

Christian debut in ECW: "This moment has now been instantly classic."

Bryan: "He was known as the American Dragon."

I think its good to have someone like Striker.

I personally would have loved have heard him and JR do the announcing for Old School RAW