PDA

View Full Version : An Quick Idea of Divas Division and Velvet Sky

Mckenzie
07-29-2012, 09:19 PM
Ok the Divas division altogether is not at its highest considering that most of the top divas revolve around main eventer males. (AJ). We need some empowerment in regards to the Divas (In the Ring) and some more contending for the Divas championship. Now Velvet Sky recently been released from Impact and this was just an Idea I had. The Beautiful People was such a great success in wrestling period. Remember Madison Rayne, Lacey von Erich, Velvet and Angelina when each contributed to the rise of the Beautiful PPl. It was sexy, powerful, and a beautiful site to see. Lacey was stunning, Velvet was amazing. My thought was IF Velvet was to sign with wwe she should align some type of beautiful people related gig with Kelly Kelly (who I know has been MIA). I think they would make a great pair. It would make things alot more interesting for the Divas Division. Make them Heel against Divas like Layla, Kaitlyn, Beth and Natalya this would give wwe interesting Diva Matches. Away from the same quick Beth, Eve and AJ Matches.

Krysys
07-29-2012, 09:22 PM
So, basically LayCool meet Th Beautiful People with a girl who can't do shit in the ring? I would have to say no on this. If you want to alig Sky with anyone to do this, go with Layla.

Dennis
07-29-2012, 09:32 PM
So, basically LayCool meet Th Beautiful People with a girl who can't do shit in the ring? I would have to say no on this. If you want to alig Sky with anyone to do this, go with Layla.
kelly expose had some pretty stunning women in it and kind of flopped in the wwe(ecw). though they were not heels I personally believe the wwe doesn't have enough patients to push a divas stable. IMO the wwe can only make great divas through having stables(or tag teams) or main eventers bring the diva up to main event status.. like lita and trish stratus.... or by having them face a diva who has already gotten main event status.. like mickie james against trish(trish has actually been in the main event of raw on several occasions) and at this point there is no diva of that caliber so IMO you must do what the wwe is doing at this time with a.j. or even what they are doing with rosa mendes. also you could make a stable like dx (having kaitlyn or another bigger female diva fight with male counterparts.)

OneTimePosterShorry
07-29-2012, 10:19 PM
I understand how much people want to see her in WWE, but even creative I'm sure would think of a better idea than that. Shorry. :(

By the way things look now, both Sky and Love may be heading to WWE some time after the lawsuit is settled (and the time could never be better because they're aging and the window is closing), unless they deny it on Twitter which neither has done. This gives Sky plenty of time to remove her fake boobers and sell her ring name to Hasbro which they can use for "My Little Pony".

By the time she would make her debut though I bet there will be a lot of changes to the Divas made. Kelly is likely gone, the Divas champ maybe someone else, perhaps the likes of Naomi, Sara, Sofia, Paige, and Raquel Diaz (whose gimmick very similar to TBP) would start wrestling by then and they'd like to have some focus as well, which is tough for WWE to do with only one feud at a time. You also have Beth, Nattie, and Kaitlyn whom WWE might feel one day they need another push again. No more Divas stables please, I don't see the point to them when there's just one solo title they can obtain.

Angel would likely be on the main roster right away while Jamie would very likely have to wait a while to train with Finlay or SDR or someone to get better and be able to work more fluent with the Divas. I say maybe wait until there's a new tag team debuting or if WWE signs the Guns, which she could valet (she needs a good gimmick though, like a grid girl) and still get TV time. Of course when she does get on the main roster as a wrestler it would take a while before her push comes, although the audiences could help make it arrive much sooner. If her push would suddenly fall flat don't complain to WWE about it, it's likely because the audience would not get her over, but I wouldn't worry about it. I would just be careful I don't cross someone backstage like Randy Orton. :p

RatedRorayJames
07-29-2012, 10:56 PM
I'm going to be completely honest, I want WWE to get rid of the division, its a waste of time and pay.

Robstar
07-30-2012, 01:27 AM
I'm going to be completely honest, I want WWE to get rid of the division, its a waste of time and pay.

Yes! Yes! Yes! Finally, someone talking sense. Keep a few as valets or managers but piss the rest off. No one is interested.

PSOjedi
07-30-2012, 01:30 AM
Remember Madison Rayne, Lacey von Erich, Velvet and Angelina when each contributed to the rise of the Beautiful PPl.
Lacey Von Erich ????? sorry but she did nothing in the BP. She was just useless

Dennis
07-30-2012, 01:43 AM
Yes! Yes! Yes! Finally, someone talking sense. Keep a few as valets or managers but piss the rest off. No one is interested.
were you ok with the divas division when lita and trish were in the main event scene? or have you always hated the diva division this much haha

Robstar
07-30-2012, 01:59 AM
Not a Lita fan. I just think it's an absolute waste of time and money these days

Amerinaine
07-30-2012, 02:05 AM
The division itself would be fine if Vince would put a storyline in, and dedicate more than 2 mins worth of match time to the Diva's. You wouldn't know this however on here because it is assumed everyone isn't interested in the Diva's as Robstar (I think a few more have too, but he is among the most vocal about it.) has suggested time and again, despite a few who prove it wrong.

I don't like the idea of The Beautiful People vs LayCool. Mostly because I've never cared for Angelina Love.

Dennis
07-30-2012, 02:48 AM
Not a Lita fan. I just think it's an absolute waste of time and money these days
don't get me wrong I agree.. the division is terrible. though lita with edge while a bad situation made for awesome tv.

Mr. Ziggles
07-30-2012, 05:48 AM
If they don't scrap the division they need to do some serious FE'ing, get rid of them all apart from Beth, Natty, Kaitlyn, AJ and Layla, then bring a couple up from NXT to fill up the roster a bit.

Then give them about 20 min a week, with the extra hour of Raw I don't see this been to much of a problem.

And most importantly 'STOP SIGNING PEOPLE JUST BECAUSE THEY ARE NICE TO LOOK AT!!'

That said I don't really give a crap about the division, but there is potential there.

Mckenzie
07-30-2012, 11:28 AM
Scrapping the Divas Divison. Nope thats a negative. Women in the past and present have worked too hard for the division to just dissapear. Alicia Fox, Beth Pheonix, Natalya along with a few are too talented for that to happen. And they would all end up on Impact giving that franchise higher ratings and making WWE look like idiots for throwing away female wrestling. The Division is not horrible. Storylines from AJ and Eve just make the Division a little transparent. If Divas can go back to square one (wrestling in the ring) with the popularity they have, the Division can rejuvenate.

OneTimePosterShorry
07-30-2012, 12:05 PM
Scrapping the Divas Divison. Nope thats a negative. Women in the past and present have worked too hard for the division to just dissapear. Alicia Fox, Beth Pheonix, Natalya along with a few are too talented for that to happen. And they would all end up on Impact giving that franchise higher ratings and making WWE look like idiots for throwing away female wrestling. The Division is not horrible. Storylines from AJ and Eve just make the Division a little transparent. If Divas can go back to square one (wrestling in the ring) with the popularity they have, the Division can rejuvenate.

What popularity!? They book them the way they do because of their LACK of popularity.

Xpacfan
07-30-2012, 12:27 PM
Ok the Divas division altogether is not at its highest considering that most of the top divas revolve around main eventer males. (AJ). We need some empowerment in regards to the Divas (In the Ring) and some more contending for the Divas championship. Now Velvet Sky recently been released from Impact and this was just an Idea I had. The Beautiful People was such a great success in wrestling period. Remember Madison Rayne, Lacey von Erich, Velvet and Angelina when each contributed to the rise of the Beautiful PPl. It was sexy, powerful, and a beautiful site to see. Lacey was stunning, Velvet was amazing. My thought was IF Velvet was to sign with wwe she should align some type of beautiful people related gig with Kelly Kelly (who I know has been MIA). I think they would make a great pair. It would make things alot more interesting for the Divas Division. Make them Heel against Divas like Layla, Kaitlyn, Beth and Natalya this would give wwe interesting Diva Matches. Away from the same quick Beth, Eve and AJ Matches.

If Velvet gave two shitz about her career, she would steer as far away from the WWE as possible...

AshleyPunk
07-30-2012, 01:07 PM
The diva division is boring, it needs some new blood and fire those who are a waste of time

Cabers
07-30-2012, 02:16 PM
But then we won't get to see Paige (see below sig) so down with this sort of thing!!

OneTimePosterShorry
07-30-2012, 02:27 PM
If Velvet gave two shitz about her career, she would steer as far away from the WWE as possible...

You're right.

Staying home, not getting paid, and watching Gail Kim hog all the TV time is so much better. What was she thinking?

Xpacfan
07-30-2012, 03:45 PM
You're right.

Staying home, not getting paid, and watching Gail Kim hog all the TV time is so much better. What was she thinking?

Or continue to work the indy circut locally and internationally until TNA gets their stuff together and realize what an asset she is to their company.

That sounds much better than her sitting on her butt in the WWE and wrestling for 5 minutes a week on tv.

OneTimePosterShorry
07-30-2012, 04:18 PM
Or continue to work the indy circut locally and internationally until TNA gets their stuff together and realize what an asset she is to their company.

That sounds much better than her sitting on her butt in the WWE and wrestling for 5 minutes a week on tv.

For 4 1/2 years with TNA, she's made very little money, only been the solo champ for a month, and is only marketed for her looks. Yet TNA is the best company she could have and would likely have stayed there for her whole career knowing that she has no more shots of signing with "the empire". She was an asset alright if TNA wanted her to accept a pay cut. Look I wanted her to stay there and they NEEDED to keep her with all the power they had if they didn't try to, but she practically left without even having time to negotiate to them, so there may be something she and Angel have been told regarding another place like WWE that has to do with them. Maybe they were informed that Laurinaitis is no longer in charge of signing wrestlers and Triple H or whoever replaced him has checked them out. The same thing happened to Shelley when he said he had a friend in WWE who told him they were interested in him. She probably would have stayed if TNA actually grew and got more profit and perhaps went on the road more often. And I don't blame them either. Angel hasn't even won a single match in TNA since last August (source: profightdb.com).

While she and Angel are starting to get booked for upcoming indy events, it's not exactly a long term solution because many of the promotions would pay them less than TNA has per show. And they even have to pay to travel on their own. To make matters worse Talia's boo Sabin is out of commission AGAIN and must cost a fortune right now. So why are they doing a "reunion tour" now? Their no-complete clauses? The lawsuit? Are they running out of time before they can no longer work together as "The Beautiful People"? They could have even booked for indy dates while in TNA if they wanted to, that's what Angel had to do in order to make money for her medical bills when she was injured at Lockdown 2009. It would probably take TNA to offer them really huge deals for them to return, but with every event they're going to every fan of theirs is going to ask them the same annoying question they're asking them every 10 minutes on Twitter.

Yeah, I'm sure living off the Indies is much more tempting than to make enough money to afford her own house like many of the Divas have, actually be on a tour to wrestle on TV and house shows, get medical insurance, grow her fanbase, and work with actual trainers so finally she no longer SUCKS at what she's known to do like Trish, Candice, Layla, Eve, etc.

Robstar
07-30-2012, 04:19 PM
For 4 1/2 years with TNA, she's made very little money, only been the solo champ for a month, and is only marketed for her looks. She was an asset alright if they wanted her to accept a pay cut. Look I wanted her to stay there and they NEEDED to keep her with all the power they had if they didn't try to, but she practically left without even having time to negotiate to them. She probably would have stayed if TNA actually grew and got more profit.

While she and Angel are starting to get booked for upcoming indy events, it's not exactly a long term solution because many of the promotions would pay them less than TNA has per show. And they even have to pay to travel on their own. They could have even booked for indy dates while in TNA if they wanted to, that's what Angel had to do in order to make money for her medical bills when she was injured at Lockdown 2009. It would probably take TNA to offer them really huge deals for them to return, but with every events they're going to every fan of theirs is going to ask them the same annoying question they're asking them every 10 minutes on Twitter.

Yeah, I'm sure living off the Indies is much more tempting than to make enough money to afford her own house like many of the Divas have, actually be on a tour to wrestle on TV and house shows, get medical insurance, grow her fanbase, and work with actual trainers so finally she no longer SUCKS at what she's known to do like Trish, Candice, Layla, Eve, etc.

Oh snap.

Hey, shouldn't you change your name every time you post?