PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else notice something different about kane on smackdown?

Whatislove
07-29-2012, 11:42 AM
A little back story, I'm a huge kane fan, infact, kane is one of the only things that has kept me watching wrestling for the past few years but anyway.

I can't really put my finger on it but kane looked... amazing in the fatal four way on the last smackdown, like he had a spring in his step, he seemed quicker, more agile (than usual), almost like he had reverted back to early 2000.

I've watched his speed and agility deteriorate over the past 5-6 years, aswell as his stamina, he would clammer up to the turnbuckle, running clotheslines into the turnbuckle seemed like they were in slow motion, as did the low dropkicks, he even stopped doing the 'sit up' but none of that was apparent in his latest match.

I watched him skip and jump up onto the turn buckle, he did the sit up, his low dropkick and running was a good few seconds quicker, he just seemed more fluid, upbeat. It seemed like he was able to keep up the pace with 3 quicker men. Even his power moves looked like they had more effort behind them, the covers weren't half-assed and slumped over.

I don't know if I was just imagining it so judge for yourselves and let me know what you think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdp-2qs179Q
Specifically from 4:00 onwards

Pumpkinhead
07-29-2012, 11:45 AM
Maybe he lost some weight and had been working out harder, Kane is pretty for a big guy thought

Amerinaine
07-29-2012, 11:51 AM
Maybe he lost some weight and had been working out harder, Kane is pretty for a big guy thought

You think he is pretty, Huh? Maybe you want to profess your love for him completely for us all to hear?

Now that I've kinda ribbed Pumpinhead a little.

Kane is one of the best big men to step inside a wrestling ring. He was always quick for a big guy. He was extremely atheletic. As he has gotten older, his stuff has been on a downward turn, but it doesn't surprise me when I see him as he was when he debuted from a physical standpoint. Some days you either feel good or bad physically.

Whatislove
07-29-2012, 11:57 AM
Yeah, I know what you mean, I just don't know if it's attributed to him hitting the training harder or if it was an attitude thing, He just seemed to be enjoying himself in the ring.

I just haven't seen this kane since '08 at the latest, even when he had the WHC he wasn't in this kind of form.

All I hope is that he keeps this for atleast a few months, I'd love to see some domination back.

Wade Barrett 1979
07-29-2012, 12:00 PM
Probably a combination of his last lay off, some weight loss and better conditioning.

Dr. Death
07-29-2012, 01:50 PM
Seems like Kane to me, a gimmick ripoff of the Undertaker gimmick, Kane needed some sort of gimmick to get him over ever since his Dr Issac Yankum days/gimmick went belly up. I'd say that I'm impressed for a copycat gimmick with little to no imagination towards the creation of it, nor is there hardly (not never), any differences in storylines. Monster attack, monster get beat up, monster recover from everything, I'm a monster, he's a monster, wouldn't you like to be a monster too.

ParagonOfVirtue
07-29-2012, 02:36 PM
I've noticed it as well. There for a while he just seemed tired and on the verge of retirement. Now, it's like he's a new man. Chock it up to conditioning and maintaining a healthy lifestyle. He looks better now than he has in years, tbh.

Cabers
07-29-2012, 03:25 PM
I did notice that we was amazing in ring on SMackdown i am probably one of very few that still watch it though anyways it was a great main event and he seems to enjoy himself in that match.

Pumpkinhead
07-29-2012, 03:28 PM
You think he is pretty, Huh? Maybe you want to profess your love for him completely for us all to hear?

Now that I've kinda ribbed Pumpinhead a little.

Kane is one of the best big men to step inside a wrestling ring. He was always quick for a big guy. He was extremely atheletic. As he has gotten older, his stuff has been on a downward turn, but it doesn't surprise me when I see him as he was when he debuted from a physical standpoint. Some days you either feel good or bad physically.

Lol I deserved that, I forget a "quick" there :)

imswm
07-29-2012, 03:39 PM
Nobody going to attribute this to getting straddled by AJ??? Come on, guys!

(Actually, it's probably because he's getting scripted AWAY from the cutie and her atrocious "acting.")

johnnydropkicks
07-29-2012, 04:57 PM
I think it's less an indicator of a change in Kane and more of an indicator of a change in SD!. SD is being done better lately with better matches. I think the matches were given more attention than usual I think it's as simple as

"Hey Kane don't phone it in we're all gonna do this one well. ok got it"

but he has lost weight I agree. hopefully he gets a push

Double Axehandle
07-29-2012, 04:59 PM
A little back story, I'm a huge kane fan, infact, kane is one of the only things that has kept me watching wrestling for the past few years but anyway.

I can't really put my finger on it but kane looked... amazing in the fatal four way on the last smackdown, like he had a spring in his step, he seemed quicker, more agile (than usual), almost like he had reverted back to early 2000.

I've watched his speed and agility deteriorate over the past 5-6 years, aswell as his stamina, he would clammer up to the turnbuckle, running clotheslines into the turnbuckle seemed like they were in slow motion, as did the low dropkicks, he even stopped doing the 'sit up' but none of that was apparent in his latest match.

I watched him skip and jump up onto the turn buckle, he did the sit up, his low dropkick and running was a good few seconds quicker, he just seemed more fluid, upbeat. It seemed like he was able to keep up the pace with 3 quicker men. Even his power moves looked like they had more effort behind them, the covers weren't half-assed and slumped over.

I don't know if I was just imagining it so judge for yourselves and let me know what you think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdp-2qs179Q
Specifically from 4:00 onwards

Same reason booker t was better on smackdown. Less triple h = less drama.

Classic example the former ucf heavyweight champion and legit badass Brock Lesnar being buried by good ol' trips.

deadly56
07-29-2012, 05:29 PM
This is what Smackdown has to offer, a lot of people tend not to watch it, as they feel Raw is the best brand in WWE. They are right, but that doesn't mean Smackdown can't be a great show too. I want everyone to check out my blog show Meltdown, when I can, I review Smackdown for all Smackdown fans or people who just don't have the time to watch it. You shouldn't read my blog for me or WWE, but you're self, so you can be truly entertained.

Do you're self a favor-http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/entry.php?43322-Meltdown-Laying-The-Smackdown-Review

ParagonOfVirtue
07-29-2012, 05:43 PM
Overall, Smackdown generally tends to be a better all around show.

Dubs
07-29-2012, 05:52 PM
I consider Smackdown the A show in terms of quality wrestling. Not to say I don't enjoy Raw's quality of wrestling but Smackdown usually gives us more entertaining and consistent matches.

BadAndy
07-29-2012, 06:29 PM
Maybe his real hair has finally grown in under the mask enough to make him less concerned with people realizing the hair on the mask is fake. The Propecia has worked wonders and he suddenly feels much more successful, a la Homer Simpson.

Tommy Thunder
07-29-2012, 06:37 PM
I enjoyed the match, it was a great main event. Kane looked good to me there. I too would like to see him rewarded for his hard work with one more world title reign.

The thing that caught my eye more than Kane's workrate (which is always top notch for a big man IMO) was the fact that Mysterio was wrestling with a vest on. That's usually a sign that WWE isn't happy with your physique (remember Matt Hardy before he left WWE? They had him wrestling in a vest because of his bloated abdomen).
I saw reports that Mysterio was loosing weight during his time off, but the fact that he was wearing a top suggests that he's put some on.

GG_DUCE
07-30-2012, 01:10 PM
I'm certainly not advertising for it, but it's probably DDP's yoga. I guess quite a few of the guys do it and all seem to be happy with it.
I've always been a big fan of Kane and I'm glad he's still around and is there to coach the younger talents.
As for Smackdown itself, I've been nothing but impressed with the show for several months now. It's been a great all-around offering every week. Less promos and more wrestling, but it's always kind of been that way compared to Raw.