PDA

View Full Version : CM Punks Reign

MrzigglesFTW!
07-29-2012, 05:53 AM
I was checking back the list of WWE Champions and i noticed that if CM Punk was to hold onto the title until the Royal Rumble he would be the longest reigning champion since Hulk Hogan's reign in the early 1980's

should he keep the title for so long?

URATOOL
07-29-2012, 06:28 AM
He will lose it on or before Survivor Series. Before he beats Cena's record of 380 days.

Wade Barrett 1979
07-29-2012, 06:54 AM
He may still have it come Royal Rumble but not in one continuous reign from now to then. I see a little bit of title ping pong happening.

Sahu
07-29-2012, 07:11 AM
I think he'll lose just breaking Cena's record.....or may be just falling short of that record...n wins it back....

ch.brooks24
07-29-2012, 10:13 AM
If they were smart they'd keep it on him until the rumble. There's money to be made there - longest reigning champ since hogan defending against the great one. Adds just that much more intrigue to the match imo.

YOUcanCALLmeCRACK
07-29-2012, 10:41 AM
Has it been that long already? Wow.

johnnydropkicks
07-29-2012, 10:43 AM
why did you change the formatting on your question?

I don't see Punk holding it til' Rumble. I don't think they will have Rock beating Punk. seems silly. Cena will probably win it soon and lose it to rock at Rumble, and win it from Rock at mania. or someone else.

BadAndy
07-29-2012, 10:52 AM

I don't see Punk holding it til' Rumble. I don't think they will have Rock beating Punk. seems silly. Cena will probably win it soon and lose it to rock at Rumble, and win it from Rock at mania. or someone else.

After everything that just happened last Monday you can say that? I think it almost solidifies Punk retaining or having the belt at RR. I also don't see why Punk can't beat Cena's record. Cena will eventually be surpassed. He will be great but Vince will do what he thinks is best for business. Punk breaking a record of Cena's doesn't downgrade anything that Cena might have accomplished in having the belt that long. Right now I think the only reason Cena is a part of the whole title picture is to help draw it in and give it more of a "main event" status. I don't think WWE really has intentions of making Punk drop the belt to Cena. I very easily can see Punk holding on to the belt until RR.

Pumpkinhead
07-29-2012, 11:01 AM

Agree with this I don't see Punk holding it all the way to the Rumble

Hey man for you sig is "perro" ;)

Great One
07-29-2012, 12:11 PM
I actually hope he does hold it that long because I want to see Punk vs Rock but I also want to see Cena vs Rock 2 at Mania for the title

johnnydropkicks
07-29-2012, 12:39 PM
Agree with this I don't see Punk holding it all the way to the Rumble

Hey man for you sig is "perro" ;)

yeah I know it was copied directly from someone else. maybe I'll fix it though

Spear-O-Matic
07-29-2012, 01:04 PM
Technically speaking, if Rock wins at RR, doesn't that mean he has to defend at EC? I personally can't see him going through that type of match, especially since we'll probably see him compete at Summer Slam and Survivor Series. Maybe they could pull a "number one contenders" EC match, but I hated when they did that last time.

Wade Barrett 1979
07-29-2012, 01:56 PM
Technically speaking, if Rock wins at RR, doesn't that mean he has to defend at EC? I personally can't see him going through that type of match, especially since we'll probably see him compete at Summer Slam and Survivor Series. Maybe they could pull a "number one contenders" EC match, but I hated when they did that last time.

You're spot on there.

If the Rock does win the title at the Rumble, I certainly expect high jinx when it comes to EC and the WWE Title.

Playboy Stevie V
07-29-2012, 02:09 PM
I think it really depends on how big of a bone the wwe wants to throw punk and by the look of how long he's held the belt, he's gonna be the longest reigning champ since Hulks reign. Why wouldn't they do it? You'll have Cena eventually breaking Flairs record and punk will be known for his lengthy reign.

I can see it happening imo.

Cabers
07-29-2012, 03:05 PM
He will lose it on or before Survivor Series. Before he beats Cena's record of 380 days.

Listen to this guy he is wise!!

Pumpkinhead
07-29-2012, 03:33 PM
You're spot on there.

If the Rock does win the title at the Rumble, I certainly expect high jinx when it comes to EC and the WWE Title.

I think if the Rock wins the title they'll make th EC a no 1 contender match and have the Rock defend the title in a one on one bout, there's no way they'll risk the Rock in that match, it "ends careers" remember LOL

Dennis
07-29-2012, 05:09 PM
if they don't throw the champion in the chamber I will be annoyed... not saying I will quit watching I don't want to lie to you guys.. but annoyed for sure. cm punk IMO should and will hold the title until the rumble. I think for the longevity of the cena cm punk feud for superstar of this new era of the wwe they need punk to have an edge on cena some how.. why not give him an extremely long title reign(for this era of wrestling)

Vinnie P Jr
07-29-2012, 05:54 PM
Punk's been a great champion - good in the ring , amazing on the mic so I don't see a reason for him to lose the title any time soon . However if WWE continues the fued of Punk and Bryan it would be good buisness for them to lose the title to eachother but I dont see WWE doing it .

TomJarvis100
07-29-2012, 05:57 PM
I think Cena should win it a summerslam.then at Survivor series do Punk vs Cena 60 min Iron man match(Rock special referee) with Punk winning 3-2

RagingBallsFTW
07-29-2012, 06:29 PM
I was checking back the list of WWE Champions and i noticed that if CM Punk was to hold onto the title until the Royal Rumble he would be the longest reigning champion since Hulk Hogan's reign in the early 1980's

should he keep the title for so long?

It would be a 434 day title reign if Punk holds it for that long. Would be cool to see it happen, but it would be more interesting to see him hold it till WM.

PSOjedi
07-30-2012, 01:34 AM
He may still have it come Royal Rumble but not in one continuous reign from now to then. I see a little bit of title ping pong happening.
This could happen, you're right. It would be better I think than another 6 months reign, even if Punk turned heel. But who knows....

URATOOL
07-30-2012, 02:01 AM
People seem to have doubts Rocky would be put in an EC match. Due to the risk of injury. Just to point out. The EC matches start with two guys and the others are release from pods at 5 minute (I think) intervals. During the match contenders are eliminated. I'm unaware of any rule that says the champ has to be one of the first two. Rocky could be the forth man out of a pod. By that time 1-4 of the other guys could already be eliminated. Theoretically he could be released to take on a single opponent. Someone who could have been in the ring from the bell. Remember kiddies.......Vince is the puppet master. He can make anything happen.

URATOOL
07-31-2012, 01:55 AM
This could happen, you're right. It would be better I think than another 6 months reign, even if Punk turned heel. But who knows....

And now???

PSOjedi
07-31-2012, 03:43 AM
And now???
Summerslam...

URATOOL
07-31-2012, 03:59 AM
Summerslam...

Will be the end of his reign?

CricketTragic
07-31-2012, 10:36 AM

LOL mate love your sig