PDA

View Full Version : Money In The Bank Briefcase

jelle1809
07-28-2012, 08:12 AM
Hey guys, after watching Smackdown I noticed something.

Why is it so that the last few years, one mitb briefcase gets cashed in rather quick and the other late in the year? Let's look at the facts:

WM 26 - Jack Swagger - mere weeks
mitb 2010:
- Kane - same evening
- The Miz - Raw after Survivor Series

mitb 2011:
- ADR - Summerslam
- D-Bryan - TLC

mitb 2012:
- John Cena - mere weeks
- Dolph Ziggler - yet to cash in (probably round october/november)

Thoughts?

The Brown One
07-28-2012, 08:28 AM
They do it to add variety, plus it depends whos holding the briefcases. If you have a main eventer winning the case, like Kane or Cena, it doesn't matter when they cash in, as people are used to them being champions (Cena more than Kane). If you have a midcarder whos breaking into the main event and ready for a world title - like The Miz or Ziggler, then they have them cash in when they're ready to become world champion.

rsf8405
07-28-2012, 08:41 AM
They need to do something different with Dolph Ziggler.Like have him win the Belt without using the briefcase and have him as the first person to let the briefcase expire.Or Have him win the wwe championship and use the briefcase to win the World title and unify them.

Tommy Thunder
07-28-2012, 08:45 AM
It just ads more avenues to explore creatively. Having someone holding the MTB case for a long time gives creative more things to play with when thinking of storylines etc.
Then the quick cash in is just to add the element of surprise.

Cabers
07-28-2012, 10:08 AM
I would like to see someone use the breifcase at WM after the main event everyone is expecting the end of the ppv the champion is in the ring celebrating retaining the title (I hate short title runs) and BAMM heres comes the Mitb holder cashes it in 10 to 15 minute match makes the champion look really strong but eventually is to much for him and wins. New champion.

DK Wrestling Savior
07-28-2012, 10:24 AM
They need to do something different with Dolph Ziggler.Like have him win the Belt without using the briefcase and have him as the first person to let the briefcase expire.Or Have him win the wwe championship and use the briefcase to win the World title and unify them.

Seriously??? Do you even have a brain?

DK Wrestling Savior
07-28-2012, 10:26 AM
What they need to do is let the MITB concept go. It's old and stale now. Same thing over and over again. But WWE fails when it comes to anything new and innovative, so don't expect anything different from ol Dolph except that he'll probably cash in around Survivor Series'ish...That is, if he doesn't end up losing the case to Jericho.

rsf8405
07-28-2012, 11:54 AM
Seriously??? Do you even have a brain?

Lol,Why not.Money in the bank is going to start to get boring after awhile and very predictable.They need to do something different.

Dennis
07-28-2012, 11:59 AM
Lol,Why not.Money in the bank is going to start to get boring after awhile and very predictable.They need to do something different.
the thing about money in the bank is you never know when he is going to cash it in.. that's what makes it exciting, we know the outcome is they win the title. it's how they reach the outcome what makes us watch it... don't mess with a great thing.

Robstar
07-28-2012, 04:27 PM
I think AJ will let Cena have his briefcase back this week after what happened in the Raw main event. Calling it now

Dennis
07-28-2012, 04:31 PM
I think AJ will let Cena have his briefcase back this week after what happened in the Raw main event. Calling it now
I think you are correct. would he still be the first person to fail though?

The Brown One
07-28-2012, 06:17 PM
I think you are correct. would he still be the first person to fail though?

They've said that Cena is the only one that can handle a failed cash in. So they might still bring it up every year during MITB.

cainecollin
07-28-2012, 10:54 PM
They've said that Cena is the only one that can handle a failed cash in. So they might still bring it up every year during MITB.

I think anyone could've handled the loss, the way they had cena lose it (name a date/time to cash in)

Cena SHOULD have lost after trying a surprise cash in, and he's one of the very few, that I think could handle that type of loss.

johnnydropkicks
07-28-2012, 11:59 PM

if he won it would be the worst thing ever for non cena fans. if he lost it would be the worst thing ever for cena fans.

Sahu
07-29-2012, 07:03 AM

Even I'm thinking the same..n I want him to cash it on Punk when Punk is very weak..n then, Punk hits a low blow to Cena n the match ends in dq n Punk retains his title...Punk then raises n give a wholesome beating to Cena solidifying his heel status...

PSOjedi
07-29-2012, 06:49 PM
I don't think this will happen.