PDA

View Full Version : Johnny Curtis/Joe Hennig

BadAndy
07-27-2012, 11:53 PM
I will be the first person to sign up as part of the Johnny Curtis fan club. Love his character, his move set, and his theme music is great. I know that Hennig and Curtis have the potential to have a great singles career, but do you think WWE will push these guys as a tag team into the "majors"? They need to breathe some life into the tag team division and now that Hennig has some experience under his belt and isn't paired with Otunga I think that they'd be more than ready to contend for the titles. Any thoughts?

The Brown One
07-28-2012, 01:23 AM
Never saw anything special in Curtis, still don't. Hennig has something though, and with a little work he'd be a midcarder on the main shows.

Cabers
07-28-2012, 09:35 AM
Never saw anything special in Curtis, still don't. Hennig has something though, and with a little work he'd be a midcarder on the main shows.

I agree with this. Curtis not so much was genuinely surprised when he won NXT i have been a fan of mcgillicutty since i saw his first match on season 2. (I hadn't been watching fcw back then.)

BadAndy
07-28-2012, 07:08 PM
I see something there. As I've said before, he could be another Mr. Anderson. I have been catching up on the NXT from the last year and him, Hennig, and Kidd have really been bright spots for me. I think there's great dynamic there between him and Hennig. I hated his whole bit on Smackdown and had no interest in him whatsoever but NXT has changed my opinion. I think you have the chance to really reestablish the tag team division with cats like them, PTP, and The Ascension.

Dennis
07-28-2012, 07:20 PM
joe hennig IMO is a great talent meant for single competition. I might still just be remembering him being apart of the charisma sucking team with ortunga. so I wouldn't totally hate the idea of giving his tag team potential another shot but IMO he would be better of as a single competitor with a manager(probably a diva) to either draw heat or make him more liked.

Mr Punk
07-28-2012, 08:28 PM
Curtis and Hennig teaming up was about a month or so ago and NXT was tapings. I think they have chosen to put Curtis and Bateman back together as a tag team because they where recently on Superstars teaming up vs the Uso's. (Even though them teaming up makes no sense considering they were just feuding.)

BadAndy
07-28-2012, 09:09 PM
Curtis and Hennig teaming up was about a month or so ago and NXT was tapings. I think they have chosen to put Curtis and Bateman back together as a tag team because they where recently on Superstars teaming up vs the Uso's. (Even though them teaming up makes no sense considering they were just feuding.)

Ugh, I really don't care for Bateman. I love the pairing they've been doing on NXT much more of Curtis and Hennig.

Mr Punk
07-28-2012, 09:29 PM
Yes I understand what you mean but I see Curtis and Bateman being the comedic team of the tag division while being serious in the ring. I would rather see Hennig being a singles contender instead. Anyway I am excited to see where these young superstars go in their WWE careers with either being in a tag team or singles. This was the match I was talking about recently which took place a couple days before Raw 1000 if you are interested.

http://youtu.be/Jt0eD2fOzLM

BadAndy
07-28-2012, 10:25 PM
Yes I understand what you mean but I see Curtis and Bateman being the comedic team of the tag division while being serious in the ring. I would rather see Hennig being a singles contender instead. Anyway I am excited to see where these young superstars go in their WWE careers with either being in a tag team or singles. This was the match I was talking about recently which took place a couple days before Raw 1000 if you are interested.

http://youtu.be/Jt0eD2fOzLM

Maybe Bateman will grow on me. I do think that there are LOADS of great, talented wrestlers in NXT. The deck is definitely stacked.

TempestH
07-29-2012, 10:30 PM
I think McGillicutty could be a good solo star. I too prefer Curtis to be with Bateman. They could be a new comedic duo ala Edge & Christian.

Ernest Wert
08-08-2012, 02:39 PM
Nope, sorry. Curtis has no experience in majors whatsoever and Hennig... Well, I thought that being an n-generation superstar mean something, but not anymore. Also, he's in his twenties and has beard. That doesn't mean that he's hardcore OR wise, that means he doesn't like to shave, because he's lazy. He ought to shave or he won't be a star.

scribblerking
04-22-2013, 04:51 PM
Fannnndannnngooo

merhardt03
11-04-2013, 12:15 PM
Fannnndannnngooo
No one saw Fandango coming out of Curtis did they?

Tommy Thunder
11-04-2013, 12:20 PM
Nope, sorry. Curtis has no experience in majors whatsoever and Hennig... Well, I thought that being an n-generation superstar mean something, but not anymore. Also, he's in his twenties and has beard. That doesn't mean that he's hardcore OR wise, that means he doesn't like to shave, because he's lazy. He ought to shave or he won't be a star.

This is one of the stupidest comments I've read in some time!

merhardt03
11-04-2013, 12:26 PM
Yea it was definitely gibberish. I like reviving long forgotten threads like I just did.

Dennis
11-04-2013, 12:55 PM
I wonder if anyone has gotten over since that comment with a beard...

http://www.wrestlingrumors.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/Daniel-Bryan-Gray-shirt.png

Hmm... I can't think of anyone. ;)